Elle Darby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
very very sad, but I can’t help but think her mum would have hated being photographed and shown looking so poorly to thousands of strangers. I don’t know her personally but do know people that do and by all accounts she is quite private. i feel so sorry for all of them and it’s heartbreaking and bloody unfair, I just feel really sad that maybe these memories should be for Elle and Katie and nobody else.
I’m sure Elle and Katy would have asked her if it was okay to put the photo on Instagram

Reactions: 6
I’m sure Elle and Katy would have asked her if it was okay to put the photo on Instagram
Maybe, but I feel it’s very invasive, her mum is very very poorly.

It’s on her instagram, this is really so heartbreaking and sad and I think she should be able to post and share as much or as little of this as she wants. It’s totally unfair to criticise as if you know her mum better than she does! If this is helping her to deal with this awfully cruel disease then so be it. Poor young girls, nobody deserves this ☹
That’s your opinion and I have mine! It’s not unfair at all, if you put your life online on a public platform your audience have every right to have and share an opinion on it!! I don’t know her mum to speak to but as I’ve said I have friends that do know her, she has always been a very beautiful lady and quite private, Elle said once that her mum hated having photos taken since being ill as her medication had changed how she looked!! So based on that I feel a bit uncomfortable looking at the photo. It is a vile diseas and nobody deserves to go through what they are going through, I feel desperately sorry for them. We all know as well there are complete wankers in this world that would make really nasty remarks, I would hate someone to do that or worse message Elle saying something nasty. I agree if it helps her then that’s a good thing but this Is also a really vulnerable time for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Reminds me a bit of the freckled fox blogger from the US. She has posted various pictures of her late husband when he was alive to Instagram, after he had lost his battle with cancer. Side by sides of him when he was healthy and then in the late stages of the disease. They are harrowing. His mother begged her to take them down as she didn’t believe he would have wanted the images out in the world and didn’t want him remembered like that by his young children. The blogger also had a photographer cover her and their children at the funeral. Seems very weird to me and not something I would ever do or want. I hope Elles mum is ok with it.
That said, I took a picture of my grandmothers hand holding mine the day before she died, I keep it in a book beside my bed.
I just find it weird when people feel like they have to share these moments online. Be present with your mum Elle, you don't need to post these things online so everyone knows where you are. Who knows how much time you'll have left together

Reactions: 4
I just find it weird when people feel like they have to share these moments online. Be present with your mum Elle, you don't need to post these things online so everyone knows where you are. Who knows how much time you'll have left together
Its literally one picture that she's posted since when?! Give the girl a break.

First everyone was saying she's being too evasive over her mums condition and she cancelled their NYC trip for own selfish reasons and now its that she's not present because she posted one picture? Its clear she is with her mum every single day but sometimes people do need an escape and for Ellie, that might've been Youtube/Platform.

Reactions: 22
Hi can I ask where does Elle say that her mum is dying? I haven’t actually seen one post stating she is dying so very confused please clarify

I don’t think anyone is criticising her as such or being mean about it, it’s just everyone does things differently and it can be hard to understand why others do things certain ways in such personal circumstances like this. None of us really know in situations like this how we’ll feel, act or behave until we’re in the middle of it.
I lost my Grandad quite recently in a somewhat similar way to Elle is losing her Mum, he was very poorly for a long time and I wouldn’t of ever posted photos of him online of our special times together because I’m a very private person and I wouldn’t want him put online - I think private intimate moments with loved ones should be kept as just that.. private that’s why I could never be a YouTuber or influencer of any kind! That doesn’t mean I think badly of Elle for doing so. Her job is to be active online and she’s used to sharing her life online. Seemed like it was just Elle wanting to share and make the most of what could be their last photo together of all three of them out the house having fun.

Reactions: 2
I know everyone thinks/acts differently about these kind of situations. But Elle has said more than once that lots of people have messaged her saying it’s helping them get through similar struggles. Of course she doesn’t need a reason to post anything online, but she’s openly said this is part of the reason she’s glad she has 🤷🏼‍♀️. Everyone deals with things differently, it’s natural for some people to disagree I suppose, but personally I can’t criticise anything she’s put online so far.

Reactions: 16
Hi can I ask where does Elle say that her mum is dying? I haven’t actually seen one post stating she is dying so very confused please clarify
She’s posted on her insta stories about her mum being terminal and that this is her last few months.

Reactions: 1
it’s not really private though is it they were out in a public place and took a pic? Not like she uploaded a pic of her on life support in a hospital bed

Reactions: 8
Im not keen on her décor the living room looks like a middle aged couples house esp that odd chair.

Reactions: 1
Oh my god the boomerang of her in those high waisted jeans and body suit.. that cannot be comfortable!! There’s camel toe and then there’s literally ripping yourself in half! bleeping hell, ouch

Reactions: 2
Her boobs look loads smaller on this haul! Surely we couldn’t miss another boob job!?

20200303_033359.jpg

20200303_033421.jpg

I've just watched this vlog.

At the beginning when they're sat in the car and she's talking about her Mum, you can see she's fighting back the tears. Understandably upset.

Elle goes on to say -: "My Mum needs me right now so I'm not prepared to put anything first in my life apart from her."
(Then why are you wasting your time making these YouTube videos?)

Conner: "That's why these videos are once a week right now because that's all we've got time for at the moment."
(Oh shut up Conner. You do NOTHING all day EVERY day!)

Why would you carry on wasting your time making these videos when you could be spending precious time with your Mum!?

It would be different if she had a proper job and had to be at a place of work for hours every day, but she doesn't! She has all the free time in the world. Yet she's making videos and smiling in photos for Instagram. Just take some time off Elle!!!

I guess she's got to make sure that money keeps rolling in from YouTube/Instagram views. Don't forget all those affiliate links aswell! But money isn't everything.

If I didn't have a job (like Elle), I'd move in with my Mum and be there for her.

This vlog and the new one (vlog 8) were a whole load of nothing! One big snore-fest about paint etc.
If you can't put out quality content then what's the point?
Yes, I know the boring vlogs are probably down to her current situation, which only brings me back to the point, why is she still filming!?

I know other people have said this might be her way of coping but honestly, if you were in her position, would you still be posting just for some coin? Or spending your time with your Mum?

Reactions: 3
StorySaver_elledarby__84249193_793805901108674_7062836197865008821_n.jpg

"The trousers are SO flattering."
No they're not! They "might" be if there wasn't a foot of material under your feet. Try some heels, then I might be swayed.

StorySaver_elledarby__84039658_2626287840983545_6069607077802879927_n.jpg

Well you would, wouldn't you, because this is how you wear ALL your tops!
Your every day person wouldn't wear it like this.

20200303_044912.jpg

Wow! That's quite a large camel toe...

Screenshot_20200303-030957_Video Player.jpg

"Got given" - Hmmm, I can't see #Gifted anywhere. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I started watching some of her YouTube videos last night and I can’t believe I’m saying this but I adore her new house!!!!

Reactions: 5
I think the style of house is weird for someone her age! Mine is shabby chic but I live in a house built in 1880!!!! Hers looks creepy bare and cold!!! Not a fan at all!!!! How they expect to keep it that white with a dog I don’t know

Reactions: 4
View attachment 90611
View attachment 90612

I've just watched this vlog.

At the beginning when they're sat in the car and she's talking about her Mum, you can see she's fighting back the tears. Understandably upset.

Elle goes on to say -: "My Mum needs me right now so I'm not prepared to put anything first in my life apart from her."
(Then why are you wasting your time making these YouTube videos?)

Conner: "That's why these videos are once a week right now because that's all we've got time for at the moment."
(Oh shut up Conner. You do NOTHING all day EVERY day!)

Why would you carry on wasting your time making these videos when you could be spending precious time with your Mum!?

It would be different if she had a proper job and had to be at a place of work for hours every day, but she doesn't! She has all the free time in the world. Yet she's making videos and smiling in photos for Instagram. Just take some time off Elle!!!

I guess she's got to make sure that money keeps rolling in from YouTube/Instagram views. Don't forget all those affiliate links aswell! But money isn't everything.

If I didn't have a job (like Elle), I'd move in with my Mum and be there for her.

This vlog and the new one (vlog 8) were a whole load of nothing! One big snore-fest about paint etc.
If you can't put out quality content then what's the point?
Yes, I know the boring vlogs are probably down to her current situation, which only brings me back to the point, why is she still filming!?

I know other people have said this might be her way of coping but honestly, if you were in her position, would you still be posting just for some coin? Or spending your time with your Mum?
"This video is part of a longstanding paid collaboration with TopShop"

So this is an advert. Elle tied the update on her mum into an advert.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.