Elle Darby-Swift #77 It ain't Texas, it was Trowbridge so sit your lying ass down, down, down

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this just for houses? Because I rented many apartments/flats in Canada and the US and none of them had rules against using candles.
Honestly how the heck would any land lord know if you lit a candle ? And how many wood framed rentals are burning down yearly that this had to become a standard part of every rental agreement in every state? 🙄
Seems unlikely.

Reactions: 4
Do none of you rent in the uk? Lots of contracts prohibit candles in rented property in the UK as well (or at least they did 10 years ago when I faced the hell of renting in London). It is just a standard thing I thought?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Do none of you rent in the uk? Lots of contracts prohibit candles in rented property in the UK as well (or at least they did 10 years ago when I faced the hell of renting in London). It is just a standard thing I thought?
I rent, and have never been told I can’t light candle nor was it in my contract, I can’t smoke inside, not that I smoke anyway and can’t have a pet, but my flat is so small and has no outside access so again, would never have one but yea, no issues with candles for me anyway!

Did anyone see in the unpacking vlog where she just barges through the dog to get past even though there was room to walk round him. Ew

Reactions: 1
I rent in the South East and this was in my contract. I’ve never had an inspection though so get away with using them

Reactions: 2
I've rented out properties myself - I've had letting agents act as the middle person and I've also done it directly myself. I had to start putting a clause into my tenants contracts about Pets and candles. I had one tenant who signed a "No Pets" contract yet clearly had a dog that they'd hide when the letting agents went to visit, but had photos of the dog all over their public Facebook Profile in my property (they said it was their Aunty's dog thay would come round occasionally!) When they left, the garden was a mess, there were claw scratch marks all over the doors that had all been replaced and painted just before they'd moved in and carpet on the stairs had been chewed. They also lit candles as there were smokey vertical lines on the walls and scorch marks on the plastic frames of two different windows where they'd burnt and melted the plastic. The brand new kitchen blind also had tell tale signs that a candle had been too close to it. I'm surprised with this carelessness the house never got burnt down!! Me and my partner had lived in this particular property before renting it out for 12 months as we had to temporarily move away for work and would be coming back to live there permanently again. Thank God for landlord insurance and not having to give the tenants their full deposit back!!!

Most tenants are great and respectful, some are absolute liabilities!! So yeah..... totally get the candle clause!! 😱

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
So, in Con's birthday vlog he's woken up from Saint's bed upstairs, I thought that'd be the case. He's mostly up there with the boys whilst she's a depressed, lazy, entitled, princess all alone in her humongous bed.

I know it's been said a million times but it's terrifying watch Saint walk down those stairs, it's like a bloody fortress. Not suitable for a 2 and 1 year old to be up there alone in the slightest and the reality is they're not going to be. What happens when Saint wakes up in the dark and tries to get to their room. No sign of a gate either.

The logical thing to do would have been for them to set up an adult bedroom upstairs and the downstairs room with fancy ensuite could have been her filming & dressing room.

I bet Con's birthday wish was for Elle to be nice to him!

Reactions: 9
I think the candle thing is in place so that if you burn the house down - you, as the tenant, are responsible for it!

Reactions: 5
So, in Con's birthday vlog he's woken up from Saint's bed upstairs, I thought that'd be the case. He's mostly up there with the boys whilst she's a depressed, lazy, entitled, princess all alone in her humongous bed.

I know it's been said a million times but it's terrifying watch Saint walk down those stairs, it's like a bloody fortress. Not suitable for a 2 and 1 year old to be up there alone in the slightest and the reality is they're not going to be. What happens when Saint wakes up in the dark and tries to get to their room. No sign of a gate either.

The logical thing to do would have been for them to set up an adult bedroom upstairs and the downstairs room with fancy ensuite could have been her filming & dressing room.

We gave the ensuite for the kids as they have less bladder control and is handy to be close if you're potty training, like she will be soon. Agreed they need gates

I've read so much about Yankee Candles too! I only use certain brands but I love a good candle lit evening 🙈
...you're better off with soy based candles

Elle never mentioned the gigantic cut across her shin - It looked deep too!

• Heart
I sooo noticed this! She doesn’t even try and hide it. Makes me sooooo sad for Romeo, I think he’s just the cutest. Also, does anyone else feel like Connor does the bulk of the parenting? He seems to be the one always taking care of them … nothing wrong with that, just interesting since she does f-all else all day 😩
She sits in her fat ass ordering door dash
---
We gave the ensuite for the kids as they have less bladder control and is handy to be close if you're potty training, like she will be soon. Agreed they need gates
They still don’t have gates up??? What an absolute tit show!!! She’s something else, her head is too much on the gram and not being a parent! Hope to god she doesn’t bring any more kids into the mix until she grows up a bit more!

Reactions: 5
...you're better off with soy based candles

Elle never mentioned the gigantic cut across her shin - It looked deep too!
I think she mentioned that it was from the dogs lead. Exactly the same thing happened to me, looked worse as it happened in the summer with a tan too.

So is their bedroom downstairs?

Reactions: 1
So is their bedroom downstairs?
It is yeah, to the side of the living room.

If I was her I would have:

- Made the downstairs 'master suite' her work space, office come influencer filming room with the luxe bathroom and closet.
- Made the room she's using as an office the play room, it can be open to the rest of downstairs or shut off.
- Made the weird dark central bit which is open a cosy TV snug, so the kids clutter isn't just visible in the middle of the house as you walk in. Then where her sofa is could be the 'smarter' living room.
- Gate at the top of the stairs (and bottom) and one of the ensuite upstairs bedrooms could be the 'master'.

I wonder if we'll ever see the cinema room again 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Keep buy tit Elle, remember you will be packing it all up again in less than a year! 🤯🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
As someone who worked in Lettings for 15 years, I can confirm that the tenancy agreements we used stated that no incense could be burned, but candles were okay - but if they were found to be the cause of any damage etc then the tenant was solely reliable etc etc.

Feel a bit of a cow saying this (and I definitely don’t have an exciting life) but my god…. ”homegoods haul” and getting excited about organising your fridge. Does she have no interests at all?

• Haha
Reactions: 16