Elle Darby #74 Racist Elle Swift moves to the states & won’t be making any black mates

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Might be a boring question but how do finances work out there ? Americans file their own tax returns for the year so will they have to do this based on their incomes from socials ? Is this why they like the idea of Texas - did someone say it was an income tax free state ?
It’s income tax free but they will have to pay Federal taxes and property taxes each year, which can be quite hefty amounts. Also states that have zero income tax usually have a higher tax on items in shops etc

Reactions: 6
It’s income tax free but they will have to pay Federal taxes and property taxes each year, which can be quite hefty amounts. Also states that have zero income tax usually have a higher tax on items in shops etc
Property taxes are astronomical also! Almost as much as a mortgage payment in some areas.

Reactions: 3
New England dweller. We pay income tax. Our property taxes are going up 27% this year, and that's low compared to other places. 🥴

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I’m really surprised that a country with such tough Visa conditions to get into actually allows people to just move there to ‘drift’ with no home sorted etc
Part of it will be them being young, married with kids so low risk, being white will have also been an advantage unfortunately.

Plus if they’ve shown their accounts and they’re legit doing well America won’t be snobby about them coming and spending money.

I too was surprised as how “easy” they made it seem, but they never really show the full picktre of shared how much they spent in fees, lawyer etc.

Reactions: 3
I know America has a huge of flaws, but I can see the appeal of it being a great place to live if you’ve got the money to enjoy it. So many beautiful national parks and things to do for little ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I find it a bit odd that she said that they had to do the move now because they don’t want to do it when the kids are in school and have to uproot them when they have made friends etc. Their visa is 3 years, it expires when Saint will be almost 6 years old and will have been in a USA school. So in theory they will need to then take him away from friends and school in USA back to UK. Exactly what she said they don’t want to do. What’s the likelihood they will be able to get permanent residency at the end of the 3 years?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Defo going to make it her mission to become “besties” with a black family to give the illusion they aren’t racist

Reactions: 8
I find it a bit odd that she said that they had to do the move now because they don’t want to do it when the kids are in school and have to uproot them when they have made friends etc. Their visa is 3 years, it expires when Saint will be almost 6 years old and will have been in a USA school. So in theory they will need to then take him away from friends and school in USA back to UK. Exactly what she said they don’t want to do. What’s the likelihood they will be able to get permanent residency at the end of the 3 years?
If they set up a business in the states (sure she mentioned a new brand coming) they can apply for business visas, easier to apply for PR when you have a financial tie to the country. My sister did something similar in Thailand a couple years ago.
Agree the whole move was made to seem very rushed and last minute. We move to Australia in September, but we’ve been out there 3 times in the last 12 months to look at properties, job interviews, viewing schools etc. cost us a lot in flights accommodation etc but it’s a massive risk us selling our home and going in to the unknown so well worth the money. She was asking strangers on instagram for recommendations whilst already there?
Hopefully the last minute rush she’s made it seem is just for ‘wild and free look at me living my dreams spontaneously’ image she’s attempting to portray and she has actually got a plan.
The way she’s spending and she’s only been there a week makes me think she’s got a lot more income revenue than we know about. Our list trip to oz set us back £5k and my kids were eating Tesco yellow stickers for a good 2 weeks before payday when we came home 😂
I’m obviously all for people attempting to make a better life for their families but she’s slightly worrying how she’s treating it as a holiday, all kids need routine and she doesn’t seem to be implementing that yet

• Heart
Reactions: 22
How's that healthy lifestyle going elle??? 🤣🤣🤣
This is not a permanent move surely? She's treating it like a holiday!
The smug 'iv manifested this' faces she keeps pulling are getting annoying now...
Tell you what, maybe in a few months, when you've planted a few roots down and settled somewhere then post the smug selfies, but while you're just prancing around San Diego on your holiday don't bother. This whole move surely must be for the content!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m on a similar visa to Elle, had a 3 year visa, renewed if for another 2 years so have been here 5 years now and have just renewed it again for another 2 and we are about to start applying for green cards through hubbys work… they are very easy to renew so she’ll easily get 7 years here.
[/

Reactions: 6
Always surprised by people who don’t understand or seem to forget just how much influencers like Elle can make 😂 she is not going to struggle in the US.

A girl i know from my old job quit her job at a certain point for instagram, very financially comfortable- and doesn’t even do Tiktok or YouTube like Elle.

I dislike the racist bint as much as anyone else but they're obviously wealthy and people go to the US on visas with way less income. Albeit not to California as a #1 state choice 😂

Reality is they’ll be absolutely fine, although it’ll be interesting to see if they actually ship over the dogs and what they’ll be like once the “holiday” part of the excitement is over and they need to settle into a routine that doesn’t involve calling everything at trader joes a “vibe”.

Will she even make friends or will she just vlog herself going to Target….

Reactions: 23
How's that healthy lifestyle going elle??? 🤣🤣🤣
This is not a permanent move surely? She's treating it like a holiday!
The smug 'iv manifested this' faces she keeps pulling are getting annoying now...
Tell you what, maybe in a few months, when you've planted a few roots down and settled somewhere then post the smug selfies, but while you're just prancing around San Diego on your holiday don't bother. This whole move surely must be for the content!
Buying water too, because the water is nasty in Cali!

Yes I watched a YT vlog about living in Texas and they said exactly that. They said it can really add up.

Reactions: 4
I have a little bit of local gossip, not sure if it’s new information. Apparently they applied for their visas late last year but were declined, then got accepted on appeal. They’ve told their friends literally the same as what they’ve told socials - that they are going to live their dreams and if they don’t like it they’ll just come back, but the current plan is a permanent move and putting Saint in school in the US.
Do you know what sort of Visa they have?? Was it through "extraordinary ability" :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Is her idea of a healthy lifestyle posting photos of fruit and veg at the shops then proceeding to buy a ton of junk food? 😂. Those decorate yourself Easter biscuits and cupcakes looked awful compared to what you get in the UK, artificial AF.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Oh yes, would love those chemical loaded cereals 🤢 This will appeal to the Fiat 500s and that’s her aim, they are rabid about who they follow and like.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
don't know if anyone has said this already but the incentive behind this move is defo to cultivate a new fanbase since the infamous scandal that rocked the nation and its crazy the length that these people will go to to maintain their privileged and overindulgent lifestyle.. I mean they must be loaded to afford the lawyers and the moving and renting and shipping!?! these people need to be brought back down to earth and work normal 9-5, especially that conman..

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I can’t believe she moved for the ‘healthy lifestyle’ when she’s gobbling down red 40 in the bucketloads. The difference between what America allows in food and the eu is crazy, have fun with your chlorine chicken babe😂 She probably thinks she can eat whatever she wants because she’s going to go on ozempic 🤪 she needs to stop with this SMUG i manifested all of this bullshit, girl you’re a privileged white girl who didn’t need to get a job when they were younger and had the opportunity to do YouTube so accept the fact that you didn’t MANIFEST your American dream and realise that you sold your life away for money.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Isn't her degree something to do with nutrition? And she's buying practically a shopping trolley full of sugar and chemicals. Hopefully this is just because she's still in the holiday mindset, but being in one of the supposedly most health conscious states surrounded by fresh produce and buying nothing but junk is mind boggling.

Reactions: 7
don't know if anyone has said this already but the incentive behind this move is defo to cultivate a new fanbase since the infamous scandal that rocked the nation and its crazy the length that these people will go to to maintain their privileged and overindulgent lifestyle.. I mean they must be loaded to afford the lawyers and the moving and renting and shipping!?! these people need to be brought back down to earth and work normal 9-5, especially that conman..
I’ve said this also, she has uprooted her family as an attempt to make it again as an influencer because neither one of them will get an actual job and just be normal. She’s been cancelled in the UK so is now trying to make it in the US. She will tank. The industry is saturated with white girl mommy vloggers… all they do is drive to target and Starbucks in their white SUVs. She has no outstanding qualities to attract fans so I expect her to tank in the US also.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.