Elle Darby #46 Cheating Con, Racist all along, 29K followers gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t say delete forever. I said to temporarily delete whilst all this is going on. You can do that with the gram, I’ve done it myself. You don’t lose followers etc

Reactions: 3
Other influencers don’t give a fuck. They have a symbiotic relationship with eachother that keeps them afloat. I know people liking and subscribing keeps them in a ‘job’ but at the end of the day they all give eachother what they need, comments, shares etc. they’re all as bad as eachother

Reactions: 22
I didn’t say delete forever. I said to temporarily delete whilst all this is going on. You can do that with the gram, I’ve done it myself. You don’t lose followers etc
No I know I’ve done that too I mean they wouldn’t do that cause any publicity is good when it’s their whole life

Reactions: 2
10000% agree. And I think this is what shows it was deeply rooted into who she is. When I was young I also think I would’ve said some stuff I’d be embarrassed about now (nothing in terms of what we are discussing her, just general teenage bitchy comments lol) but I would’ve known it was wrong within me and never ever posted it on social media. The fact she so openly shared it online shows she knew no wrong with it, and stood by her words at the time. That’s the difference.

I do believe though that she may well and truly be a better person now. Yes 16/17 is a young adult and the ‘I was young’ card cannot be claimed. It all depends on how she apologises I believe, as to whether we will see if she’s truly changed! (I think some people may be going a bit too far with it all now tho just to put my 20p in)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

@/ch33sybean on tik tok has elaborated more on why she thinks con is rude, I think she is genuine and I believe her encounter with conman! Nice to know he isn’t bothered about people’s mental health

Reactions: 16
Completely agree. If someone I knew was to say these things, they’d have been labelled (rightly) a bully.

Reactions: 3
Anyone else think she won't release an apology today? I think she'll wait for it all to die down then post another story that expires.
Probably but that's the worst she can do. Re-open the wound when people are starting to forget. She needs to rip off that plaster and do it now whilst it's fresh and THEN hope it all blows over.

Reactions: 4
I think the SJ's have no management now? could be wrong.

Reactions: 2
I bet Elle can’t believe all the things “influencers” unfollowing her and the previous love islanders. I think Carys and James done the right thing and I think fair play to them.

Reactions: 10
I get tht the threads are moving really fast, but if people double checked their info before posting it would really help, would avoid all the back and forth. If you can’t be 100% certain about something or properly check followers etc, or if you don’t check someone has already posted a screenshot it is making the thread so hard to read through lol

sorry for a slight rant! Just don’t want any important info to be missed as it’s getting confusing!

Reactions: 29
Does anyone here actually think she’ll drop below 700k? I only found out about her comments yesterday but I already feel like it’s losing traction.

Also Im sure this has been said but I’m disappointed (but not surprised) at the number of people who are dismissing her comments by saying stuff like ‘we all made mistakes when we were younger’. As someone who has been on the receiving end of racist comments from a young age, I would argue that people at the age of 14 upwards are VERY much aware of the gravity and hurtfulness of racist/homophobic/etc comments and wouldnt make such comments without any ill intent

Reactions: 14
Does anyone here actually think she’ll drop below 700k? I only found out about her comments yesterday but I already feel like it’s losing traction.
No, but if she loses 50k or even, ideally, 10% of her original following, that’s a massive slap in the face and will be difficult to overcome.

Reactions: 12
I know Jasmine Clough has unfollowed, I’ve never followed Elle but the other day it said 36 mutuals following. Today it says 31. Just hoping more will!! It made me feel really uncomfortable reading them tweets.. I aren’t a person of colour but I definitely know everything she said is bang out of order.. I just hope people don’t think we are all the same or tar us all with the same brush. She’s horrible & my heart genuinely goes out to anybody who she’s offended. It gives us a bad name and I won’t lie, growing up I always found that POC were so much more understanding & lovely! That’s just my take on everything though. When I was that age I was probably watching bloody Tracy Beaker or on Habbo

Reactions: 4
It might lose traction. Influencers all used to rush to make statements and videos about their scandals. Now, it tends to be left to blow over and avoid the initial high pressure emotions, and honestly I see that working frequently. I’m hoping that because elle and con cultivated such a positive image, this will really affect them.
They’ve forfeited their right to be “influencers”, but that doesn’t mean their career will be completely oher

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.