Elle Darby #2 not to be confused with Gemma Louise Miles.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Beautiful video! unpopular opinion buttttt don’t agree with how she’s making money out of her moms death

Reactions: 29
Beautiful... unpopular opinion buttttt don’t agree with how she’s making money out of her moms death
I can see exactly where you’re coming from with this, as I say I’m not a fan of her but did think it was a nice tribute. However with the views she will get she’s bound till make loads of the Adsense which is quite untasteful. Unless of course she does donate the profits to charity...

Reactions: 13
I can see exactly where you’re coming from with this, as I say I’m not a fan of her but did think it was a nice tribute. However with the views she will get she’s bound till make loads of the Adsense which is quite untasteful. Unless of course she does donate the profits to charity...
Yes it’s a beautiful tribute. But I think sometimes moments like this should be kept private. I lost my dad also to cancer and never once made a big statement about it I just don’t see how it’s necessary. grieve in peace! I really hope she does donate profits made to a charity! But will be VERY surprised if she does.

Reactions: 19
I don't think it's bad she's making money. Who knows what she will do with it. She's lost her loving mum. No amount of money will ever get that back.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I don't think it's bad she's making money. Who knows what she will do with it. She's lost her loving mum. No amount of money will ever get that back.
Agree - from what I’ve seen she really does look after Katie

Reactions: 5
I guess she will of had to pay the animator (or at least i hope) a decent sum as there work is lovely.

Its not as if she is putting out a video in partnership with a brand etc. I wonder if somebody helped put the video together too, that is another fee to pay. I think it is lovely tribute for her to share with her subscribers and maybe her Mum's friends/family too who were unable to make the funeral.
With something so massive happening in Elle's life its right she addressed it in her own preferred way on her channel and i guess it would of felt unusual to rush back to her usual content without a mention of it as some followers may not see her on other social media. Plus at least it wasnt a click bait title.

Reactions: 18
I thought it was a lovely video, but think it would have been improved without the clips of elle at the beginning and just the animation (dont want to sound like a witch). Even though they were her mums things she was showing it still wasn't needed to see her in my opinion..

Reactions: 12
I cried too, I'm not her biggest fan now days but if she came back and went into her usual uploads we'd all complain, she's done this and people complain. It's her job, it's how she makes money. I also hate the trying the guilt people into donating to charity or saying what they should do with their earnings. If you want to donate to charity you do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Agree about the bits at the beginning with her in bed, it was a bit, I don’t know, strange

I understand she wants to tell everyone about her mum’s death and I get that she wants people know how much pain she is in and all of that, but I agree with others, keep it private.

I know she shares most of her life with her followers, but it’s all just a bit uncomfortable, the posting of insta stories saying how much pain she’s in and how she’s never going to have to have a mum again and how she’s only young, I get it’s bad I do, but again some things can be kept private and should really.

Reactions: 13
I think the bits at the beginning about her getting out of bed and getting dressed is probably a meaning of she’s picking herself up and carrying on with her life whilst remembering her mum.

I did film studies at school so I always consider the deeper meaning 😂

Reactions: 6
I cried too, I'm not her biggest fan now days but if she came back and went into her usual uploads we'd all complain, she's done this and people complain. It's her job, it's how she makes money. I also hate the trying the guilt people into donating to charity or saying what they should do with their earnings. If you want to donate to charity you do that.
You wrote my thoughts exactly. People who force charity down your neck are the worst, I think people forget when it's your money and it's in your pocket you can do what the duck you want with it. If I wanted to burn every note in my purse, I can.

Reactions: 12
You wrote my thoughts exactly. People who force charity down your neck are the worst, I think people forget when it's your money and it's in your pocket you can do what the duck you want with it. If I wanted to burn every note in my purse, I can.
Exactly. Also when I do donate to charity I don't like to post about it everywhere anyways because I don't need the acknowledgement 😂

Reactions: 3
I don’t think saying she should donate the proceeds from one vlog, that is entirely dedicated to her mumwho died from brain cancer, to a brain cancer charity is wrong! More research is desperately needed into this vile illness, Elle already made money AFF links to the books she was recommending about Grief which didn’t sit well with me. I don’t care what the hell she does with her money, however from this one vlog I would think she would want to give something back, in memory of her mum and to possibly help in the future prevent anyone else going through it. remember Elle shouted loudly when she was doing ‘charity’ for Bath cats and dogs home, so she likes the acknowledgment! We don’t have to agree on here, but it IS a trash gossip site, please don’t try and moderate what people say.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.