Elle Darby #2 not to be confused with Gemma Louise Miles.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was 'a bit off' of Lucy and Conner to post a pic gushing about their Mums and then straight after, post a pic of Elle's Mum. A bit insensitive if you ask me.
I mean, Lucy and Conner are not celebrities so what's with the need to post a pic to Instagram for all to see? Especially when your partner/sibling has just lost their Mum.
What is wrong with conversing with your Mum in private? i.e. text message, Whatsapp, video chat.

(This is just my opinion and obviously not everyone will agree, so there's no need to reply with hate. My questions are rhetorical)

I never understand these people that have conversations via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. Why not just send a private text? Why do they want everyone to see?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I thought it was 'a bit off' of Lucy and Conner to post a pic gushing about their Mums and then straight after, post a pic of Elle's Mum. A bit insensitive if you ask me.
I mean, Lucy and Conner are not celebrities so what's with the need to post a pic to Instagram for all to see? Especially when your partner/sibling has just lost their Mum.
What is wrong with conversing with your Mum in private? i.e. text message, Whatsapp, video chat.

(This is just my opinion and obviously not everyone will agree, so there's no need to reply with hate. My questions are rhetorical)

I never understand these people that have conversations via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. Why not just send a private text? Why do they want everyone to see?
I think you have to look at the timing of the posts, Elle’s mum passed in the afternoon and the posts came before then, so it is possible they weren’t aware of how fast she might deteriorate before then. I don’t think Elle would have been angry about it and her and Katie’s feelings are the only ones that matter.

Reactions: 9
I think you have to look at the timing of the posts, Elle’s mum passed in the afternoon and the posts came before then, so it is possible they weren’t aware of how fast she might deteriorate before then. I don’t think Elle would have been angry about it and her and Katie’s feelings are the only ones that matter.
I don't know what amount of time there was between the pics but 'I' personally found it insensitive.
I wouldn't do it and my partner/sibling wouldn't do it to me but of course, Elle might have said it was ok. We don't know. 🤷🏻‍♀️

But I understand what you're saying.

Reactions: 3

I hate to say it but... instagram$$$engagement$$$

Reactions: 7
I don't know what amount of time there was between the pics but 'I' personally found it insensitive.
I wouldn't do it and my partner/sibling wouldn't do it to me but of course, Elle might have said it was ok. We don't know. 🤷🏻‍♀️

But I understand what you're saying.
I do agree. I wouldn’t even be on my phone, let alone posting on social media if my partner was in the middle of losing their loved one!

Reactions: 2
Absolutely heartbreaking, those poor girls ☹❤ Thinking of all the family xx

Reactions: 8
My mind keeps wandering to Elle and family, their world must seem so strange. What an awful time to lose a mum- Mother’s Day and while all this is going on. All I want is my mum and I can’t see her, but I keep reminding myself that’s she’s on the end of the phone. Poor Elle and Katie can’t do that. In a world that’s so scary at the moment they must want their mum more than ever. I just can’t stop thinking about how sad it is.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Elle and Katie have been in my thoughts lots this past few days. I know there is never no better time to loose someone but right now in the current situation must be really awful. The fact other friends/family cant visit and support them is heartbreaking. I hope Elles large social media following provides a useful support network during this time and she takes all the time she needs away.

Reactions: 16
It must be so awful that they can’t even have a proper family funeral for her. I hope Katie and Elle are at least isolating together. Would be awful if they are separate at this time.

Reactions: 12
It must be so awful that they can’t even have a proper family funeral for her. I hope Katie and Elle are at least isolating together. Would be awful if they are separate at this time.
Judging by Elle's and Conner's Instastories, I don't think Katie is at their house.

Screenshot_20200329-143538_Instagram.jpg

I wonder if Elle and Katie's Mum remarried or cohabiting with someone, maybe Katie stayed with him/her in the family homes to be in a familiar setting and her own dedicated space, not that Elle's place is foreign or anything but its quite new and with everything going on staying in the home she has spent most of her life with might be best for her.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if Elle and Katie's Mum remarried or cohabiting with someone, maybe Katie stayed with him/her in the family homes to be in a familiar setting and her own dedicated space, not that Elle's place is foreign or anything but its quite new and with everything going on staying in the home she has spent most of her life with might be best for her.
I think Katie has been living with her dad more over the last few weeks. Elle mentioned it in one of her vlogs (I think) that Katie was mainly only with their mum when she was with someone else in the house she as comfortable with (Elle, sisters, etc) in the last couple of months she was alive. Probably as it might've been too much for Katie to look after her by herself.

Reactions: 8
Please report when users attempt it o moderate threads. Thank you! - Please read our rules and why they're important
All this debating about where Katie is living etc etc. Katie is not an influencer, please stop talking about her and hypothesising about where she is. It’s none of anyone’s business but her families.
The questions regarding Katie's whereabouts are from people who want to know she is ok and has support after losing her Mum.

It's not your place to tell people what they can or can't talk about. This is a gossip website where people can have their say.
The whole purpose of this website is to discuss things/people, whether they're in the public eye or not.

Yes, Katie is not an influencer but she has obviously given her consent to being filmed for Elle's YouTube videos which are broadcast for all to see. So of course people are going to be interested in her and her life.
If she wanted to remain anonymous, she wouldn't be on YouTube.

Elle is the spitting image of her mum
Yes she is, absolute double. I know I don’t know Elle, to be honest I’m relatively new to her channel - but I can’t stop thinking about her. I’m missing my mum with this Coronavirus lockdown and many a day I get low because I can’t see her, but I think of Elle and I realise how lucky I am. It’s just horrible, I can’t imagine how she must feel; esp while all of this is going on and the funeral will have been limited too. Just a whole range of emotions they must be feeling. It’s just so very sad. Xx

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.