Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lovely

Chatty Member
Why is she still calling herself a 'young professional'? She's not old, but she's nearly a decade into her 'career' at this point. To me, a young professional is someone who is in their first graduate job/first few years of their career or is perhaps pursuing post-grad education in relation to a specific profession. There are lots of people at my firm who are senior associates and on their way to becoming partner by their early/mid 30s.

Reactions: 9

LetThemEatLipstick

I just watched an old Vlogmas from Elle D.J. and she actually does a full face of “evening makeup” for “dinner with the Dolls” and then proceeds to go to a gym class. Right after the gym class, she changes and goes to dinner with that makeup connected to her face by the sheer layer of sweat from the workout. No appearance of a shower in between. There’s not a lot she does that makes me gasp...that did.
I know what video you’re talking about. I honestly think it wasn’t that bad because she doesn’t do strenuous enough workouts to actually break a sweat. You can tell from her inflexible (see recent stay-in-place yoga stretches in “THE OUTFITS I’VE BEEN WEARING AT HOME” published May 1, 2020), skinny-fat, untoned, flabby body. She also mentions several times in her Joe-Vlogmas videos that she works out 2x/wk and you can see the weak-a$s kettlebells she uses, and the plastic baseball bat she ungracefully swings a few times in a 45 minute “workout session” while forcing all the other people in the class to smell her unwashed feet (“I prefer not to wear shoes while I work out, f&ck everyone else.”) She does yin yoga (stretching) and tells you she just “worked out“. Her workouts are mostly just her flirting with the men in the classes who try to ignore her existence and probably laugh about her behind her back (shown in some of the Joe-Vlogmas videos when she films the classes without their consent) and posing “seductively” while eye-f$cking herself and them in the mirror hoping one of the Vancouver Club men will whisk her away to vacation on his yacht.

• Haha

ccc123000

Chatty Member
She’s incapable of that kind of vulnerability and self awareness. The only times she’s shown a smidgen of what you’re describing she filmed three times, and two of those three videos she privatized and are no longer made public.

#1 When she filmed her new, empty apartment after getting dumped by Chris (her most vulnerable video)

#2 The video she made after getting dumped by Joe (her 2nd most vulnerable video and now privatized).

#3 The video she made in Hawaii after getting dumped by Rick (her least vulnerable video and very secretive, also privatized).

The only reason she made those videos was because she moved (or in the case of Joe, would be moving the next month or so and his furniture was missing) and could not film without it being obvious she was no longer with these guys.

She cannot and will not ever upload real, vulnerable content unless she’s forced to for the above scenarios. The only other thing that comes to mind is if something tragic happened to Ginette. Even then, she would probably be closed up about it after initially disclosing it. She is unable to be vulnerable and self aware for any length of time let alone maintain and upload that type of content to her channel. We’ve all said or given her the same advice as you and it falls on deaf ears. She claims she wants her channel to be a positive and uplifting place and not make it about what she refuses to acknowledge about herself for personal growth.
THIS. 👍👆

She is all about smoke and mirrors and creating the illusion of the "perfect girlboss." It's a very shoddy coverup though, because we all can see through the tie-dye illusion.

Formermvp

Canada girl, we shall never know the depths of the insane mind and hence, where Vera came from 🤣🤣

I caught the final few minutes of her yt live today. She said that she doesn’t accept returns for hygiene reasons, large stores discard returns but small businesses like hers can’t afford to do same. Then she mentioned how Bebe played w the loose pearls that she left on her desk. So, women touching the pearls is unhygienic but her cats rolling the pearls w their paws and mouths is a-okay. Expect some cat liter box residue, saliva and scratches w Lecocq’ Heirloom Alibaba pearls. That’s how low she thinks about her paying customers.

• Sick
  • Haha

LuvYoutube

Everyone please let’s not respond to vera/lisa/robert and freeze her/him out. He/She gets thrives on our interactions with her.

Drasticactions

VIP Member
From a lot of the old vlogs with Chris and Joe, Elle loved to brag about having Nexus while traveling to the US. I don't remeber which vlog it was but she outright said "it doesn't seem as fun now that everyone else seems to have it" and then complained that the regular line was shorter. It is like she feels the need to turn everything into something that makes her "better" or feel superior to everyone. Most people who have nexus just travel between Canada and the US for work or what not. Maybe because I've only ever travelled to Canada while driving but I've never felt that border crossings really required it because I'd never cross during rush hour or anything.

Anything to make her feel unique and special Elle will cling to and brag about.

• Wow

Linners

Elle is a walking oxymoron. She stresses she is a lawyer, but never explains in detail what she does and gets very defensive when people want clarification. We never get lawyer stories, which are ok to share if the matter is inactive and details identifying the individual are left out. Instead her channel acts as a marketing platform for her Ali Express pearls and focuses on 'wifey' material topics.

Elle could be a great barrister since she has the knack for answering questions without giving a direct answer. When people ask her whether she is a lawyer, it is intrinsically implied that the person is asking whether she does lawyer work, not whether she has the qualifications or licence to practice. Instead, Elle always answers 'Yes, I am a practicing lawyer'. Sure, previously in the Law Society of BC, Elle was registered as a 'Practicing Lawyer' which means she can practice law, but in reality Elle does not (see explanation below). Also, it isn't hard to get the 'Practicing Lawyer' status; all you need is to pay the annual $2k ish yearly licence fee and fulfill some continuing studies CLE credits. Elle likely paid the $2k fee herself and used the 'work trips' as credits to fulfill most of the CLE requirements (yes, you can do that).

At her old job, Elle may have done the legwork (aka investigation) for proceedings, but had never represented her organization in court. She basically was a paralegal. I work with similar individuals like Elle in Vancouver: got LLBs in the UK, passed the credit transfer exams, articled, registered as practicing lawyers, but they work in a paralegal capacity. Their titles are paralegals, which is equivalent to Elle's 'investigator' title. Nothing wrong with being a paralegal, those coworkers of mine pull in a healthy 6-figure without the 'yearly 2000 hour' target real lawyers need to meet. However, never in a million years would those paralegals call themselves 'in-house counsels'.

Last edited:

Formermvp

Just a thought

It’s understandable and perfectly fine if someone does not want to share any information they might have, for any reason whatsoever.

But if one has goodies they are not comfortable sharing w everyone, perhaps just dm the people they trust and don’t dangle it in front of everyone. Unless you want a bunch of curious gossipers typing at you for receipts 😝😝😝

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I thought the same thing about her abandoning YouTube. Almost like she’s a little kid who can’t figure out who she is and she’s trying all these projects on to figure it out. Which is sad considering she’s 31. Now she’s trying to be a cuisine expert - she just tries on “expertise” when she doesn’t know who she is.
So deducing from my understanding of Elle logic, it probably goes something like:

1. I'm not getting many views on YT despite putting out content (yes, that's because your content is basically an infomercial for your arts and craft jewlery!)
2. My youtube channel has garnered A LOT of hate and is making it hard for me to meet men online and therefore get married ASAP (i.e. see what is most likely Dean's reddit post)
3. What do men enjoy :unsure: ...GUUUUD pasta! I will start a cooking blog instead to showcase how great of a housewife I'd make. I can also tell people that I'm a cooking/baking expert with her own website = more lying, win-win. Profit?? 🤑

Last edited:
  • Haha

LetThemEatLipstick

Nobody needs that many dresses. She literally just hauled $1000 worth of dresses.

I live in NYC (as many of you beautiful lurkers), two years younger than Elle, go out a lot (well, not now). I make a very decent 6 digit income and hold a title which most 'not-so-young' professionals like me and Elle should hold 8 years into our career. Also I consider myself quite fashionable.

Social support wise - my parents are doing OK and my fiance is more like Chris material. So basically i'm Elle but better.

Still, I can only justify buying one Reformation dress every year and consider that pretty generous budget already.

Also, I hate the materials for most Reformation dresses. Ethical and environmental friendly? Perhaps. Comfort? Hell no.
Haha this is great. Describes me too, other than the NYC and fashionable part (I admittedly am not fashionable — I prefer athleisure/no makeup on my days off). My husband is a software engineer and I work in finance. But we’re in the Midwest, so our salaries are way above anything necessary for a comfortable life here. But I haven’t bought any clothing/makeup/accessories for the past two years because I’m on my second investment property now, and my third by the end of the year. Don’t need a 28th capsule wardrobe as much as Elle obviously does.

Haha this is great. Describes me too, other than the NYC and fashionable part (I admittedly am not fashionable — I prefer athleisure/no makeup on my days off). My husband is a software engineer and I work in finance. But we’re in the Midwest, so our salaries are way above anything necessary for a comfortable life here. But I haven’t bought any clothing/makeup/accessories for the past two years because I’m on my second investment property now, and my third by the end of the year. Don’t need a 28th capsule wardrobe as much as Elle obviously does.
ETA: I really am not fashionable. I have a hard time knowing what goes with what, other than a white tshirt and jeans, and still probably don’t accessorize well. I can honestly say I really don’t know what I’m doing. So when you guys talk fashion on here I’m the one going 😳

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Also is this comment by "s j" under her lifestream video dodgy or what...did Smelle write it herself? It seems like her pretending to be a fan and attempting to contradict all the comments and feedback we've been getting here and on G G. :unsure:

"Elle I received my pearl order. They are so beautiful and high quality. The pictures don't capture the elegance and luster of the pearls. I have other pearl jewelry from reputable jewelers, and they don't have anything on your quality and designs. Thank you so much."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8

drewberry_moore

Diverging for a moment: Thank you to the lawyers in this thread for sharing your fascinating perspectives and law school stories. ☺

• Heart
Hi Everyone,

Can you please also add that she constantly mispronounces the designer: Elie Tahari. She has vlogged hauls where she has shown purchases from this designer and ALWAYS mispronounces the designer's name.

Elle...It's pronounced Ta-haw-ree NOT Ta-hairy! Learn how to properly pronounce a person's name. Or would you like people to go around mispronouncing Lecocq as Le-Cock?

I find the heel part more offensive. How is that comfortable?
Why would she pair those shoes with that outfit? I'm shocked she hasn't followed Meghan Markle's style when it comes to casual shoes and not bought a pair of Stan Smith's to pair with jeans.

It must really get to Elle that she's been on YouTube for the amount of years that she has and still has not achieved the subscriber numbers to get her first YouTube award. Also, if you watch other YouTubers such as Chase Amie, Teni Panosian, Annie Jaffrey, Sophie Shohet; they've all either received numerous high end free products to unbox or gotten gift certificates for Luisaviaroma; some have even gotten invited to travel with Tarte Cosmetics to Turks and Caicos or to Italy with Dolce & Gabbana to celebrate product launches.
Elle just keeps receiving the Bed Bath and Beyond gift certificates and Express clothing samples. I'm sure she always wanted to have this busy YouTuber life networking with the rest of the best of them and travelling and be able to generate a an income to live off her channel. I don't consider her a Girl Boss. If you're looking for a genuine Girl Boss then check out Karin Bohn's channel - a Canadian Interior Designer and Entrepreneur.

Last edited:
  • Haha

WaneGal

If she was in NYC or any major city in the East Coast, I would totally ask one of my guy friends to swipe on her for giggles and show you all. My friends are mostly lawyers/investment bankers/stockbrokers and I'm guessing that's a type Elle would totally be into. We all know she's secretly auditioning to be a real aspiring housewife of Seattle. :sneaky:
I also live in NYC!!

I tried to brief my partner/other gossipy girl friends about her. The thing about Elle is only long time subscribers/lurkers of her channel would find her whole scam crazy and hilarious. Other people start to lose interest because it takes a while to understand all the plots lol.

• Heart
  • Haha

Maiiam

May I ask which type/“collection” pearls you bought? Just curious, no worries if you don’t feel like disclosing or replying. Thanks for the feedback on the purchase, I used to enjoy buying jewelry in my early 20s and I developed an eye for it. I still enjoy talking about it but I rarely buy now bc I have very expensive taste 😆
I bought the dove gray earrings and convertible necklace. It’s just plain ugly. I’m from Southeast Asia and I can say that the freshwater pearls I get from bazaars are way more nicer than the pearls she sells. I’m not sure if she photographs a different quality of pearl in her website or it’s heavily edited.

• Wow

LuvYoutube

Every single video is an AD for her pearls. She always finds a way to insert her pearls. Even a haircut video will have pearls in it!

Is bangs really pronounced as BENGS? English is not my first language so not sure if it’s just how you pronounce it with the accent.
Elle: Can you see the red mark on my ear? That’s where I burnt it with a flat iron. Next to the scar is my rose gold studs on today. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha

MissGlam21

I don’t know if this is applicable to the field of law, but I’m a mechanical engineer by education and license, however I currently work in finance, not at all in mechanical engineering anymore, not for years. BUT I still consider and call myself a mechanical engineer, and I still hold the state licensure.

I DON’T go around bragging about my “busy mech engineery lifestyle” (Elle: “busy, lawyerly lifestyle”) or claim to be employed as a mechanical engineer at my company (Elle: “I’m in-house counsel at a securities regulator”). But I do continue to call myself a mechanical engineer, as do all my colleagues who now work outside the ME field.

Does it not work that way in law?
As far as I know (and correct me if I’m wrong please), Elle graduated from Durham University with an LLB, wrote the NCA equivalency exams when she returned to Canada, then was officially called to the Canadian bar (I think she still has that video up where she was called in the Vancouver courthouse). She got her job as an Investigator with MFDA and worked there for five years before moving to Florida with Rick.

While a law degree wasn’t required for her to be an Investigator, it was strongly encouraged and MFDA even went as far as paying her membership dues with the BC Law Society as well as the fees associated with taking CPD courses to keep her membership current. She hasn’t renewed her membership since her breakup with Rick and settlement in Seattle (I checked the BC Law Society directory...and she doesn’t have a reason to as she’s made it abundantly clear that she won’t be returning to Vancouver).

So while Elle technically was a Canadian lawyer (i.e. she had the requisite degree, wrote the requisite tests, got called to the bar, and maintained her status in good standing), the main issue was her passing off her investigator job as an in-house counsel job aka the lawyer on record representing the MFDA in litigation matters. She exaggerated her investigator job as one that’s on the same level as Joe’s traditional lawyer job.

While it might’ve been easier for her to just say “I work as in-house counsel in securities law” as a catch-all phrase, she always seemed reluctant to really get into the nature of her work (without disclosing confidential info obviously). She assisted, at a paralegal level, the lawyers who represented the MFDA but she never had signing authority on matters, nor was she ever the official counsel on record, nor was she the one to appear in court (and if she was, it would be for cross-examinations and nothing more), nor would she be the person the boardroom negotiating settlement terms - and it’s this discrepancy that everyone (myself included) has issues with.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that Elle was (legally) misrepresenting herself, but it still doesn’t take away from shady and exaggerated ways she presented her job to us. Heck, just call it what it is - “Fraud Investigator”

Last edited:

Formermvp

I like how she doesn’t disclose the country of origin for her ‘pearls’ on the website. She has a line of Tahitians but I doubt even those... Great quality pearls are from Japan (Akoya) and the South Sea but Lequoq sells the Chinese variety😂😂

Attachments