Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
So 40 minutes of Ana doing random shit isn’t too long but that’s too long for a true crime video. Ok Eleanor you money grabber. I’m officially un-subbing.

Reactions: 1

yikez101

VIP Member
I haven’t come on this thread in months but I saw Eleanor’s post and I was like is she talking about tattle?? But a quick skim makes me think it deffo isn’t anyone from here, this thread seems very respectful especially compared to the way appearance is talked about is others. Never understand why people send influencers screenshots of nasty hate about themselves anyway, it’s not constructive criticism so why alert them to it? I do feel for her in the sense that she can’t win because people will comment on her weight either way when there’s literally no need for it

ahh it was me who said she looked a bit tired or unwell and i wondered if she was losing weight unhealthily because i haven’t watched her in a while and now i feel awful because i really didn’t mean it to sound offensive or judgemental! i suppose i just worry a bit because i used to struggle with my weight etc and i always looked very tired and had dark circles when i didn’t eat well. but that comment was coming from concern and nothing more ☹ i would delete the comment but it won’t let me
Don’t worry about it ❤ You meant it innocently and she was deffo referring to something malicious which your comment wasn’t x

• Heart

megx

Chatty Member
I'm looking at the latest video posted 2 days ago (the Danny case). Cannot see any negative comments (unless deleted now), but can you please screenshot them?
I was just coming on to say the same, I think she must have deleted them

Binx

VIP Member
Does anyone else think she’s had weightloss surgery? She never properly addresses the weight loss and lets people know how she did it. It’s been pretty rapid too and she was most likely big enough to get surgery.

yes 💯

Joemamammamamama

I do wonder why she hasn’t moved out yet sometimes.. she must be making a lot of money; sponsorships for every single video, most of her videos are monetised nowadays as well, her JD sports show, merch, channel member stuff. I’d say in the past year alone she’s made many £100,000s . I’m not saying it’s a bad thing not having moved, but she is 22, and I get the feeling she’s got a lot of money. Perhaps the reason for the plethora of sponsors is because she’s planning on buying a house soon

Winnywoowaa

I love Mollie Westbrook. She seems to genuinely care about victims, shows a lot of respect, and provides as much information as she can. She doesn't go OTT with sponsors... I just skip that bit. She's very well spoken, very clear, very easy to listen to. No silly smirking/voices/showing off.
Yes I love mollie

mochibean

VIP Member
Another video, another sponsor, same thing really.
Not a lot of information on her latest one, which it's whatever if it's all she can find but I prefer cases that are more in depth. I don't mind her way of telling the stories, although the 2-3 parters are a bit annoying. I just think she could make things more interesting at this point.. idk. I've just discovered more people who tell true crime stories and I'm enjoying the way they do it.

Sardine

Chatty Member
Started watching Eleanor's videos lately. I like her as a person and they're pretty interesting, if a little basic in some parts, but man, the ads...

I understand needing to make a living as a youtuber but the ads on every single video for Function of Beauty and other brands that lifestyle influencers promote feel like she's monetizing cases in a really obvious way. I'd rather she built a personal brand, in the way Bailey Sarian has, and kept the constant ads to that. Don't really like Bailey's videos but I've seen a few and don't recall ads in them constantly as Eleanor has.

I'm watching the Jerry Brudos video and she's advertising care/of vitamins that don't even ship to the UK? Why advertise a product that you can't even get yourself? Even if her subs are American, it feels so disingenuous.
Bailey never shuts the fuck up about Hello Fresh I think :/ I don’t watch her very much. Mainly when I’m in the bath but I’m sure she’s sponsored by them a lot 😣

I just watched her for the first time; it was the video she uploaded yesterday, and I like her style. She's calm and respectful, not putting on a fake personality for views, and didn't insert too many unneeded personal opinions or embellish the case too much unlike Danielle Kirsty for example, who is beyond sarcastic and childish with her comments imo. Thumbs up to Kimbyrleigha.
Kimbyrleigha is super problematic

• Heart

Blue Rose

VIP Member
I don't mind Eleanor, she's not one of my favourite youtubers but I like listening to her videos as background noise while I clean etc. However, I can't work out how she has over a million subs?!
True crime videos are very popular and she’s had a couple do really well so I guess she’s just gotten lucky that she managed to get noticed. Tbf she does put a lot of work into her videos but at the same time anyone could probably do it it’s just that YouTube is her job so of course she’s got time to do all the research and put it into a video.

Edit: I take that back! I've just finished the video and she actually has helped by linking the victim's family's petition & fund. And she did talk about UK knife crime. So well done her.
That's a good thing! I will happily also take it back

It does seem however that she realises that splitting the videos into multiple parts (and making them difficult to connect) isn't a good look and may be dialling back on it

Truth2010

She is such a pick me - tbf any weird behaviour from this elephant worked out in her favour as she’s got an apartment in london

• Haha
Her video about the murder of Helen Bailey contained some errors that she had taken from a documentary without fact-checking them. And I'm sure it's not the only one (remember her initial video about the disappearance - now a solved murder - of Alissa Turney was so inaccurate that the victim's sister asked her to take it down?)
This is really old but omg. After listening to the podcast missing Alissa I became obsessed by Sarah’s campaign against her father. I remember watching Eleanors vid but I can’t remember how much of what she said didn’t align with the other facts out there. I usually find discrepancies between true crime creators covering the same case…

Did Eleanor say she had been asked to take it down? Or did Sarah share that Eleanor was spreading misinformation? I’m intrigued lol

I'm not sure, it was before I started watching her but it's covered here: https://cherwell.org/2021/05/20/in-conversation-with-eleanor-neale/ "(The victim's sister) contacted Neale directly after seeing her video and explained that some of the evidence – which Neale had found through news reports – was wrong: “Her family have had this uphill battle with news outlets because they’ve always been printing things wrong about this case. And I said, ‘Look, I would love to redo this video with your input’. And I did; I took the video down. And I spoke with her sister and we completely redid the video”". I've seen it referenced on social media too
Oh nvrmind- you gave the answer here. Thanks !

Taylorsversion

Chatty Member
I disagree, I think in her latest couple of videos she looks awful. Nothing to do with her weight (🙄 Eleanor when you read here). But I think she looks unwell lately, gaunt, dull, pale and dark circles under her eyes... An absolute shadow of the bright, glowing, happy woman she was when I first started watching.
To be fair I haven’t watched any of her videos in ages, but she’s popped up on autoplay and I thought she looked really pretty with no make up.

I much prefer Georgia or Mollie Westbrook for true crime. I honestly don’t get how Eleanor is as big as she is

Stephanie Harlowe I used to like. But she’s so long-winded, and is such a baby about any even slightly critical comments

so unprofessional… what did eleanor say that was wrong ?
I'm not sure, it was before I started watching her but it's covered here: https://cherwell.org/2021/05/20/in-conversation-with-eleanor-neale/ "(The victim's sister) contacted Neale directly after seeing her video and explained that some of the evidence – which Neale had found through news reports – was wrong: “Her family have had this uphill battle with news outlets because they’ve always been printing things wrong about this case. And I said, ‘Look, I would love to redo this video with your input’. And I did; I took the video down. And I spoke with her sister and we completely redid the video”". I've seen it referenced on social media too