Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Karen and Georgia of My Favourite Murder also have researchers now too. Seems to be the thing
Really?! I’d never heard of this before. I can understand maybe wanting a bit of help, especially if you’re trying to organise multiple videos in one go. So I’ll give her that I guess 😂 But I still think she needs to be more transparent within the advert in exactly what the job would entail, and the salary you can expect.

Reactions: 1

qwerty123**

She looks unwell.. maybe just tired and looks different without makeup on though. I just wonder if maybe she’s losing weight in an unhealthy manner, because she looks a bit run down (granted, i’m a natural ginger and i also look very pale and tired without makeup)
She started changing her image but I personally think her makeup was nicer before, a bit more full coverage.

alwys.liddle

Although she has been recommended, I never watched a Kendall Rae video (I still haven’t but do plan to) but after reading this very ...interesting yet, entertaining... thread I just HAD to go and subscribe to some of the other YTers suggested here.

Georgia was the first one bc after reading >12 mts of posts in the span of a half hour, she is by far the most beloved by most everyone in here. Second was Kendall and the first thing that struck me was her most popular uploads have the 😱 or 🤔 faces - which many of you can’t stand and which I agree is pretty cheesy and definitely click-baity. But I also saw that they were from like, 2 years ago so just to make sure I wasn’t being all Judgy McJudgerson when it’s older content, 3 weeks ago it was a 😠, 1 month (and Princess Diana no less) a 🤔, also 1 month ago a 😧.

I am still going to check her out though, i like the length and flipping thru there are some cases i’ve yet to hear.

I’ve yet to sub Mollie, who ppl also really like.

I also watch/binged ThatChapter. I never tire of hearing Mike say ‘tree’ instead of three. Also, he’s reliable and i usually have NEVER heard of the cases before.

Anyway, I rather enjoy Eleanor. I understand she is young and working FT suuuucccckkkkkkkssssssss when you could be doing other shit. Esp when she’s making the kind of money she’s making. I can relate, I was like that at her age too. I’m not gonna fault her for enjoying it - I don’t live and die by her upload schedule (although I do notice if it’s been a hot minute) but I don’t feel angry or annoyed with her personally or anything like that.

I get distracted by her make up sometimes. I do think it’s very good and I just think about all the cool stuff I could do with all of my tons of make up if i had those skills (then i feel bad about myself lol)

The thing that actually annoys me the most is something I saw posted once or twice before - and that is her lack of engagement with ppl who are her fans and are commenting or even her own channel members who comment (when there are only like 50 comments) and it’s just *crickets*. It can’t be that hard to heart a few comments. Right? Maybe even throw in a ‘thanks!’ to one of the MANY ppl who compliment her make up...just...idk something. She said in one video that she was going to start hanging out in the comments after each video but if i had to guess, it was probably just that one specific video bc i never heard about that again and it certainly doesn’t happen now.

Anyway, this was long. Apologies for that! but thanks for the suggestions!! 🤗

TL;DR - Kendall Rae makes faces; Eleanor is alright but her lack of engagement is pretty annoying. Also her hair changing position in quick cuts/edits is really distracting!

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Karen and Georgia of My Favourite Murder also have researchers now too. Seems to be the thing
I think they justify it by having their business and therefore less time to research etc. But it does seem to be the done thing. I love MFM and their consistency even pre researcher and what not so perhaps why I overlook it than Eleanor who is so lazy at her job now this is just a way to be even lazier.

qwerty123**

I love Eleanor's true crime videos on YouTube and followed her on other platforms in the past but she seemed like a totally different person. She thought she was really funny but I found her quite annoying frankly.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Can’t agree with this, there’s a certain user on this thread who is incredibly disgustingly fatshaming and I’ve muted them myself because it just crosses all borders. No matter what Eleanors like as a person or what she does wrong youtube wise, her weight and appearance is none of our business
Comments about someone’s weight are wrong of course BUT is it not better someone voices them on here where people don’t have to read rather than taking it to her dms/insta comments? Eleanor went out of her way to read whatever website she was sent the link to. She didn’t need to read anything. And if it was tattle as I mentioned above it’s a bit crappy of her to selectively pick what bothers her ignoring very valid criticism of her ‘job’.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Or if it was something like someone with learning disabilities was targeted like make a point of researching the amount of vulnerable people who are victims of crimes or coerced into crime. She never does that it's telling a gruesome tale without any substance
Exactly. If she wants to talk about it then yeah, like you said, do your research and do it respectfully.

Barnes Wallace

VIP Member
Is there a general true crime youtuber thread on here? I can’t seem to figure out how to find specific things, the search results always point me to other pages that have nothing to do with what I’m looking for
I've seen one or two, I'll see if I can grab the links, definitely some on here.

anon20

VIP Member
Watching Coffeehouse Crime's Q&A (I remember he was mentioned on this thread before) and he was talking how a difficult part of running his channel is the pressure to research, word things properly, and the like. Also about his boundaries with certain cases.

I really appreciate hearing him saying that and I do think it's something Eleanor has let slip (as we've all noticed here). CC seems to understand that his job is collecting and presenting the infomation in an appropriate way and I think Eleanor's fandom are so biased at this point that they've let her get away with sometimes mishandling things.

I like Eleanor in general but it's nice to hear from a newer creator who seems more aware of his responsibilities. The casual tone, jokes, and constant stream of ads from Eleanor makes it harder to watch her content these days. I get her tone has always been more lighthearted but still, it would be nice to see her take a leaf out of CC's book.
I really like coffeehouse crimes too! He is really respectable and his voice is so soothing😂

shammy24

says how close the case is to her heart but follows with an ad. i’m so fucking done with her. this is just beyond disrespectful
Just came on here to post about this. How could she be comfortable putting a link to an ad in that tweet. She has no morals whatsoever

Yeah, I would not say Tattle has fat-shamed her Apart from a couple of posters making negative comments, most people just said she looks good after losing the weight and some speculated that she'd had surgery (which is not, in itself, fat-shaming)