Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Romany

VIP Member
God no, I would feel like a hypocrite 😂, one of the YouTubers I kind of like is CoffeeHouseCrime, he’s quite informative and usually does cases that not many people know. He’s also respectful but at the same time as it’s true crime he still is profiting off other peoples tragedies.
I do have to agree sometimes I feel a little unsettled by Stephanie’s behaviour and the constant jokes. However I’m a greedy pig and have to watch other peoples food to stop myself gorging out 😂

There’s not many true crimers I like at the minute as they all do it for profit. I like watching proper news channels on YouTube and documentaries. Like 9 minutes USA or Australia or whatever it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

bookish

As you are the only peeps I know who also love true crime, does anyone know who Stephanie is talking about at the beginning of this video? Would LOVE to know which true crime channel just stirred the shit with a disrespectful video.

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I’m interested to see what testing was done for this series she’s taking part in and whether they had to quarantine before hand..

mochibean

VIP Member
This came out all over Twitter about Vee, Eleanor didn’t find them. I fully support Eleanor not associating herself with Vee (who was in her 20s when posting the vile tweets). I don’t love Eleanor’s true crime videos anymore, I find them very boring and not engaging but this I do agree with her!
I totally missed it on twitter! That was the way it came across in the video and comments so thank you for clarifying.
I totally agree, I'd not want to associate myself with someone like this either and I'm not even LGBT. I just think people like that have their own issues.

Bufferfly

I have to agree her videos aren’t the same as before, they lack the excitement they used to have and I’m finding them kinda boring. However, I have to give her props she massively used her platform to promote the BLM movement and spread info to her audience, but it’s a shame she hasn’t held up her promise of doing more POC cases as I feel that would really help in missing persons/unsolved as media coverage tends to be very low. I’m not sure I believe the bullying allegations she seems like a nice, quiet girl even if her content has dropped the past few years. Definitely second Bella Flori and Georgia Marie they were some of my favs to watch over lockdown. Will be interesting to see how EN gets on in this foot asylum series, she came across well in ep 1 although seemed to be hanging onto Becky a bit. As far as I’m aware all the contestants quarantined for 2 weeks before entering the house in a hotel, so seems like they took some precautions will be interesting to see if they have to quarantine on the other end of things tho!

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
Annoying isn’t it? I normally read things like this and think ‘that’s nit-picky’ but I 100% agree with you. I think it’s more annoying because she never used to be like that and it’s such an obviously disingenuous ‘persona’ that she’s come up with to almost infantilise herself for whatever reason.
It’s grating on me so much. It’s beyond irritating and just weird

mochibean

VIP Member
I find her videos quite boring and way too long. I have to click off because I lost interest. Also the way she says 'video' really grinds on me 😂 sorry to any northeners.
Equally with Kendall, I just shut off after a while. I like how she donates to the families affected and obviously has a large following which I suppose is helpful for the unsolved ones. I only really watch them for the pets 🤗
The one I do like is Christina Randall, I've been watching her for a while and she used to do a lot of videos of being in prison but now she does true crime too, I like her personality so much more and she also gives her opinion on cases whereas I feel Kendall just sits on the fence.
I love Christina Randall!! Her prison videos are super interesting, I'll have to give her true crime videos a watch as well!

AnonyGoss

VIP Member
i bet she could have done this as a 2-parter instead of a 3-parter if she stopped ominously reminding everyone that her 2 year old son witnessed her murder.

but! that being said - i am not familiar with this case (americans, amirite?) so looking forward to hearing about this one regardless.

whether the next 2 parts will be out within a couple of days of each other…i hope so but track record says no. we’ll see

no seriously…

take a shot/drink every time the 2 year old witnessing her murder is mentioned. 🥂
Ugh, as I've said before, she focuses (almost seems to enjoy) all the shocking, tragic details, more than important facts about the case.
I haven't watched her video, and won't be now I know she's doing multiple parts. But I remember seeing the victim's son's This Morning interview (on YouTube).
There's also a documentary about it on YouTube, so I'll rather watch that!

rivers

I love Brooke. Her tone of voice is so aggressively gentle that it kinda annoyed me at first but there were so many interesting cases that nobody else covered so I just kept watching her and I'm glad I did. It feels like she really cares.

anon20

VIP Member
Watched Eleanor the last few months and I am a fan to an extent but also find it very odd how she discusses some very sensitive topics. First time on this thread so glad I’m not alone on this..wondering what she does outside of youtube? Like did she go to uni or does she live at home and just google cases and make half assed videos and that’s it
Yeah true crime is her full time job, her and her 3 other researchers🤣 she’s just the face of it all.

missgarcy

Kendall and her partner are so selfless! I remember watching where she donated loads of money to the gabby petito fund. She’s lovely!

Kendall Rae is pregnant 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 how amazing isthis news?! She will be an amazing mother! I know this isnt Eleanor related but Kendall is mentioned a lot on here (by me aswell) 🤣🎉🎉🎉
I'm so happy for them, but I think she should have waited a bit to announce it, especially after having a miscarriage. She said she was due in August so she must be 8 weeks along!

Sardine

Chatty Member
DISTURBAN is another shitty true crime youtuber. Sounds Northen, we should set him up with Ellie Neale 😝

I just clicked on one of his videos and he puts on this sombre voice whilst saying "check out my sponsor" moments before he was describing a horrific crime.

His merch is the ugliest, tackiest, bad taste, Edhardy wannabe shit ever.

Eta - Photo of ugly merch from my TV screen. Soz casting, not watching on my phone.

Attachments

Binx

VIP Member
you think she's had some sort of weight loss surgery? she's looking slimmer in the face recently

Reactions: 1

Anastasiaxo

I haven’t seen a thread about her yet, what are your thoughts?

Zoepenguin

Does anyone remember Shawna(something) who was bullied off YouTube by a reddit mob who accused her of stealing content from a reddit anon or some shit and then it all turned out the reddit anon was in the wrong. I miss Shawnas videos :(

Ahh yes I do! Hope she's doing OK, she didn't deserve what happened and it's a shame she's never returned to doing true crime videos.

• Sad

anon20

VIP Member
WTF? We don't misgender her, it says "she/her" right there in her bio on her social. Should Eleanor announce she has decided that other pronouns fit her better, we will use them. We don't care about her gender, we care about her content
If that was about my comment I deleted it as I put it on the wrong thread, sorry!😂

I hadn't watched her in a while either, mainly because I feel that she does the absolute minimum in research, gets so much wrong and it felt like she was just reading from Wiki.
She was criticised because her video about the murder of Helen Bailey contained factual errors taken from a low-budget documentary, itself poorly researched. So I suppose she has decided to just stick with Wikipedia on account that it's expected to give citations and people will step in to correct errors! Lazy lazy lazy

andersanna

I'm so happy for them, but I think she should have waited a bit to announce it, especially after having a miscarriage. She said she was due in August so she must be 8 weeks along!
she said she’s in her second trimester, so she’s probably about 13 weeks at least