Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

anon20

VIP Member
What’s happened to her? It’s like she’s disappeared off the face of the earth!

Reactions: 2

ChloeBee

Was she big enough to qualify for a gastric band? To get one on the NHS, you have to have a BMI over 40, or a BMI 35-40 and diabetes / high blood pressure / other conditions that would improve with weight loss. Even to do it privately, you need a pretty high BMI. She never struck me as that big, but then we only really see her from the shoulders up in her videos, maybe she was a lot bigger than she looked
You'd be surprised espesh if you're short your bmi calculation is crazy, it just does seem she dropped a lot of weight quick but didnt see her full body that often so cant be 100%

rivers

I’m sure I remember her vaguely mentioning that the way she lost weight wasn’t the healthiest so she wouldn’t talk about it??? It was a while back but I’m sure she said something about it on her ig stories
Ah, did she? I don't remember that but honestly fair play if she feels that's a boundary she needs to set and respect for realizing that and not wanting to influence others.

mochibean

VIP Member
This might be an unpopular opinion - I apologise if so. I think that if Eleanor is struggling with dealing with the stress of researching true-crime, then maybe making true-crime related content isn’t for her. Plenty of other YouTubers upload true-crime content that is better researched (some are smaller channels so will be doing their own research for sure) and upload regularly. Or, even if she did hire someone to research for her, because then at least the information has a higher chance of being accurate and not just from Wikipedia / first few news articles that have come up in google, and it would be less taxing on her if she struggles with it emotionally.

As someone who researches true-crime just because I’m interested, yes it can impact your mental health, but if I was doing YouTube and speaking about true-crime cases, a large part of that would be mitigated by knowing that I am potentially helping the case by spreading information to an audience that may have been unaware of the case or case details. Basically what I’m trying to say is that if you have a passion for something, it shines through and you will do everything possible to do that thing. She seemed to enjoy it at the start but it seems like (IMO) that once she started making money, she realised she could do other things and still make a decent amount of money while uploading a true-crime video here and there. It seems less genuine.
I get the feeling she doesn't want to do true crime content anymore as well, but she doesn't want to lose a chunk of her audience. Honestly if she really wants to she should try uploading something a bit different, test the waters a bit and if it doesn't work out she still has true crime to fall back on anyway.

It definitely does seem less genuine. I enjoy true crime but also find it draining if I consume too much, it is quite dark.

I feel like she's presenting the video as if it were a Daily Mail or Sun article - like trying to imply the perpetrator's actions were caused by fandom in some way which is evidently not the case. And using that to try to drive views. It's inaccurate and disrespectful, stop it

j2611m2805

Is there a general true crime youtuber thread on here? I can’t seem to figure out how to find specific things, the search results always point me to other pages that have nothing to do with what I’m looking for

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
Does anyone else think she’s had weightloss surgery? She never properly addresses the weight loss and lets people know how she did it. It’s been pretty rapid too and she was most likely big enough to get surgery.
Yes I agree seems likely, glad the profits from murder victims is going to a good cause!

rivers

Bailey never shuts the fuck up about Hello Fresh I think :/ I don’t watch her very much. Mainly when I’m in the bath but I’m sure she’s sponsored by them a lot 😣
Ah fuck that too then :( She was mostly an example as I think she's built a brand in her own right, it isn't just crime, and I guess it's sad Eleanor hasn't succeeded in doing that.

The only true crime creators that I follow monetize a bit but I don't mind much as it's for stuff like Mcgellin (?) who do true crime documentaries and the Hunt a Killer boxes so it still feels in keeping with their content. Like I said, people need to make money if they do this full time so I do get it but stuff like Function of Beauty just rubs up the wrong way.

Loveitme

VIP Member
I think she uses her little disclaimer as a way to fend off any criticism from family members/concerned viewers. I find the title of the new video very distasteful. She’s way too into the story lines now and reads it all as if it’s some made up drama, not an actual crime that involves real people.
Her titles are always really distasteful .I think she is very disrespectful to the victims and their families in most of her videos .she never seems to show any sympathy or compassion for them .I’m not saying she has to sit there crying But I find she goes into too much graphic detail and comes across very immature IMO

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I don't mind Eleanor, she's not one of my favourite youtubers but I like listening to her videos as background noise while I clean etc. However, I can't work out how she has over a million subs?!
I dunno how right I am but I think it's a lot to do with her accent. Half the comments in her videos a year or so ago would just be about the way she said certain words. I think her general personality and way of telling stories helped but I think people find her cutesy overall and her accent adds to that.

What Really

I Agree..what is with all the sniggering and why is she telling is her ignorant opinion every 2 seconds. I was cringing at her Harold Shipman one....
Oh gosh I am so glad I am not the one. I feel like she is always talking so loud too in her videos no matter how quiet I have the volume.

Sunny Shay V!! I must say I haven’t watched too many of her videos, but the ones I did watch were good! And Mollie ofc
I love Mollie. Though I do wish she would stop saying 'Anyway' to move on her video hehe

I’ve stopped watching Eleanor’s videos. Just lost interest in her new longer ones.

I love Mollie Westbrook. She’s a lovely person and you get the feeling her subs are important to her.

One thing that does bug me though is her background. I wish she’d make it a bit more simple and have either the glitter or lava lamp, as I find it distracts me from listening
Yeah, I was still sticking around to watch her vids but I'm not keen on the 2 or 3 part videos. It's clearly a way to get paid more. I guess some people might prefer the multi part ones but I definitely prefer one long ass video.

Mollie's background doesn't bug me but I get it because there's a true crime YouTuber stumbled across who could NOT keep "eye contact" with the camera and it was so distracting to me I couldn't get through 5 minutes of one of her videos lol.

The trouble is the weight loss coincided with her stopping wearing makeup and we all know that when we're used to seeing someone with a full face of makeup and then not a scrap of makeup they will look ill! People are not saying you look ill because of the weight loss it's because of the lack of makeup Eleanor.
It looks "worse" because she is naturally very pale and in recent videos has taken to wearing very bright lipstick that makes her look even whiter

I came across this video about crime youtuber Stephanie Soo (does anyone watch her?)
Well, her videos are mukbangs with her telling true crime stories, which is obviously weird but okay.

Anyway, this youtuber made a video about her, and I looked through the comments, and saw one of the top comments about Eleanor 🤣 saying how respectful she is (unlike Stephanie). Wow, no words...

Eleanor has fooled a lot of people.

View attachment 1028765

The YouTube who made that video is friends with Eleanor in real life and is kind of part of that little group in terms of their fans! They all band together 😂

In fairness though I have listened to Stephanie Soos podcast on Spotify and she’s also pretty disrespectful! These people forget they’re talking about real life victims I think!