Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

spillthesass

She covered one of my family members death and titled it “murdered over changing her Facebook status” the comments on there are heartbreaking for me because of the misinformation she spread, half facts then half entertainment factor of exaggerating facts into lies, we can’t do anything about it we have tried, I don’t know how she gets away with it
I am so sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m inclined to agree about it being exploitative and sensationalist. I do however really enjoy Mr Ballen stories. He’s also set up a foundation to honour and support victims of crime. I can’t imagine Eleanor doing that.

maddiebsc

I’ve tried watching a few of her videos, but I can’t get into them! I don’t know whether it’s the Wikipedia script or the monotonous voice reciting it, but I find myself getting bored quickly and just googling the case instead. Although I must say, I love her makeup.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Saw this on her Twitter. View attachment 883146I haven’t watched any of her videos for a while so don’t know whether she’s mentioned having researchers but hopefully she does make the effort to credit the people who are basically doing all her work. If she now has researchers and an editor what does she do then? Quickly skim over the notes and then just tell the camera what someone else found out for her. I have nothing against content creators having teams to help them produce that content, but usually those creators produce great high quality videos like Mr Beast’s videos. All she’s doing is telling information anyone could just go and look up.
Exactly this. It’s not like loads of production goes into her videos, she sits and reads what she’s put together and it gets edited. If she’s not doing all the research herself then she should be open about it. I don’t recall her ever mentioning them but then again I don’t watch every single one of her videos anymore, maybe watched 1 or two this year 😅

AnonyGoss

VIP Member
Her weight hasn't really been discussed on here until lately, only by 1 or 2 people in this thread. The rest of us wasnt engaging.

I think she may be exaggerating or lying about seeing a forum discussing her weight (unless she's talking about somewhere else). Because it's easier for her to say she's getting hate for her weight, than to say she's getting hate for her content/ views. That way she gains sympathy from the body-positive community, and she doesn't have to take ownership of how insensitive she comes across.

Here, we mainly discuss how she presents her cases.

Sardine

Chatty Member
From what I gather on the picture she is saying she forgets about his music every once in a while then re discovers it and thinks it amazing again. Then whoever the other person is is presuming that she means that he is alive so is correcting her because he died a long time ago!
However, she then realises that yes he is dead? I don't really get it either 😂 the whole 420 thing is because Bob Marley smoked a lot of weed.
The 420 thing was the only thing I understood. Thank you for explaining 😹❤

Unknown1010101x

Not one part of me thinks Eleanor is fat.
I haven’t watched any of her YouTube stuff in a while actually, but she’s the first true crime YouTuber that I actually enjoyed watching.

• Haha

Lucia

VIP Member
I said that the Hunt a Killer box was bad taste once, on the Reddit True Crime thread because its making a game and fun out of fucking murder when that subreddit was used to describe actual horrific crimes. Anyway, I was greeted with loads of backlash and down votes. I fucking hate the world we live in sometimes 😩
I remember Bailey her and few others advertising it I did think poor show they've all become money Hungary YT doesn't make it as difficult for true crime youtubers to make money from ad sense if they had a unclick off ad beginning and end far enough but some have it like every few mins

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Weird she is giving her personal opinion on someone's health matters when it's not part of the story. She's getting more and more inappropriate. She should give her opinion on the case instead. That's one major aspect to her videos that's lacking.
Again this shows that for someone who always says about respecting the victims, it shows a huge lack of respect. Any health issues that don’t impact the case are simply irrelevant (to the case) and therefore there is absolutely no reason to shoehorn it in.

bellasmith86

Chatty Member
my guess is some kind of weight loss surgery
Yep, I thought this too. Such a sudden, quite dramatic weight loss (when you look back at older videos and see her size then to now) and absolutely no mention or reference to it.

Bella29

Chatty Member
Yes I love someone who giggles whilst talking about crimes, interjects her own ridiculous opinions, gets facts wrong and ignores families when they ask for things to be taken down / told they are wrong. 10/10!
Oh dear…

I’m sorry you don’t like her. Have a lovely day

• Haha

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
God no, I would feel like a hypocrite 😂, one of the YouTubers I kind of like is CoffeeHouseCrime, he’s quite informative and usually does cases that not many people know. He’s also respectful but at the same time as it’s true crime he still is profiting off other peoples tragedies.
I've been really liking CoffeeHouseCrime too! His videos seem really well researched and he takes time to talk about the victims as people in a way that always feels really respectful. I also like that he doesn't glorify the perpetrators and quite often shows what losers they really are/were (thinking of an alpha male incel guy he covered quite recently).

mochibean

VIP Member
Eleanor's video regarding Foot Asylum's series and what happened with Vee is quite interesting.
Apparently after watching it back Eleanor found some homophobic, islamophobic, ableist etc tweets on her twitter and has 'exposed' her in this video.
Her twitter has now been deleted.

I do like Eleanor and her videos but some of her content needs to be better researched like said above.

ItsEmmie

I used to love her. But now she's so different her whole personality I think she might have management and training. The weight loss though....I'm so sorry I'm very tired and cannot read back through 30 odd pages but has she had a gastric bypass?
She looks like a different person and about 100lbs lighter....Happy for her being healthier. Just was very shocked !!!
I’ve thought has she has this done too. Surely losing so much weight she’d be excited to show her journey but then also I don’t know if she’s ever been big enough to get it done either? Either way she looks great x