Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Tbf I never saw anything wrong with her until I came on here and read completely different opinions. After reading on here I just couldn't ignore the snickering and disrespect towards the victims and the insane amount/nature of ads. I actually liked the two parters because I timed my workouts by her videos (so like 40 minutes) and thought that was well handy until I realised how she's obviously only doing them to monetize on a case twice or thrice even... as someone paying for YT premium I do not need to sit through 3 (very tone deaf) ads to learn about a single case thank u very much
Fair enough!! I always compared her to others who I liked who churned out 1 hour + videos when she was doing 3 parters for that time and saw a few comments from families / friends saying she was wrong and it put me right off before really coming here!

Reactions: 3

Blueblue123

VIP Member
She covered one of my family members death and titled it “murdered over changing her Facebook status” the comments on there are heartbreaking for me because of the misinformation she spread, half facts then half entertainment factor of exaggerating facts into lies, we can’t do anything about it we have tried, I don’t know how she gets away with it
I'm sorry. At the least, I've heard other true crime content creators get in touch with family members either for information or to let them know they'll be covering the case. It'll be literally no loss to her to remove the video.

Did you try to message her? Did she reply? I'm sure YouTube must have a rule where you can take a video down if it contains you or someone you know. That must be a privacy violation.

Most online content creators have no idea what real hard work is. Wait for it to all crash and burn and they'll get the shock of their little lives.

saffronzzxx

I actually used to love Eleanor and still watch her videos now (I’m that weirdo who always watches true crime before bed 😂). On YouTube she doesn’t annoy me - the sponsorships are a bit much but I just fast forward that bit. However her Instagram is a different story - it’s the fake accent, constantly effort to be different, hand movements and I hate to say this (cos I’m not skinny!) but she hides her body. After seeing that foot asylum thing I was so surprised - she’s deffo at least a size 20 - nothing wrong with that but I feel like she could be doing more to say “hey I’m successful and plus size!” instead she seems to have a weird shame about it and hides it at all cost? I know it might be an insecurity but she’s so popular and feel like it’s sad that she puts so much effort into hiding her body.
Same I’d never seen her from below the frame she sits in in her videos and I was so shocked to see her in the foot asylum thing. Not shocked in a bad or rude way but just because I’d never seen her properly and I think you’re 100% right, if she was more open about it it would be great for her and her brand

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Or upload both parts on the same day if you must. Danielle (her surname escapes me) uploaded a 2 parter the other at the same time - I believe it was easier to do that way than one long video (also frankly she’s much better at presenting cases and doesn’t just read Wikipedia). I wouldn’t mind that but Eleanor just reads wiki and uploads two parts to get more spon / money.
I was gonna suggest that with Danelle Hallen in mind but it's probably part of Eleanor's contract not to have 2 sponsors so close together or to upload them on a certain day.

If that's the case, the way around it would be to tell 2 different stories but that'd be too much like hard work it seems...

Loserlou

Soz but not really soz, I miss her! Where has she gone? Is it like her to disappear on YouTube? I have only recently gotten into YouTube crime 🤣🙈

Bilbo16

VIP Member
View attachment 852870
I didn’t see it personally but this popped onto my Twitter feed, so I’m guessing she must have really f*cked up!
I watched the video. First of hers I’ve watched in a while. I definitely think she allowed her own opinions to skew the telling of the case. Of course I absolutely don’t condone what he did, but the way she spoke about his lifestyle wasn’t right.

anon20

VIP Member
Has anyone seen what she’s posted on her Instagram story this morning? Is it about tattle?
I haven’t seen anyone fat shaming her, no one should be doing it though

I mean tbf I’ve never understood what you guys mean when you say the data she pulls up is the same as on Wikipedia or another documentary because where else could one get it from? I’ve never really researched cases in my free time but I imagine a lot of info is probably never realised to the larger public but maybe someone has and could enlighten me on the process
Like Chloe said, there’s a lot more things you can look at on the internet than just Wikipedia, especially the ones that are quite recent you’d find articles, opinions, theories. There’s more than just Wikipedia, I remember being like 7 and being obsessed with researching Lee Harvey Oswald, all my research was put on a floppy disk and I’m not too sure whether Wikipedia was a thing back then (showing my age there)🤣

Sofiyah

Im pretty sure she does have a researcher? Like you said she advertised it on her insta stories. She mentioned in a 2nd channel video that she had someone working on the Raoul Moat case AGES ago but Im not sure if anyone knows who they are

Greatbutton

Chatty Member
She’s been tagged in a ton of posts in the last few days.. do we reckon she’s completely fine and just can’t be arsed to deal with case related backlash or if she’s going through something else?
Apparently her editor said on twitter that she is taking a mental health break. Idk if it is to do with that specific case as she has a backlash before, worse backlash imo and not done this.

alwys.liddle

Just a quick update to say to everyone on this thread TYSM for introducing me to Georgia…you all were exactly right - her research is top notch and her videos are well made!!! She should definitely have more subs!!!

bookish

I don’t really get how she has so many subs, there’s a lot of hype around her so I thought I’d have a look and honestly I feel like she’s a bit insensitive to the families, every video i clicked on had a spon?!
I have a feeling they're all from her collab with Kendell Rae

GossWhore

VIP Member
I literally can’t stand watching her videos anymore. She shows absolute 0 respect to anyone involved and I find it so disgusting. There are so many better people out there now like Danelle Hallam, and Kendall Rae who show the utmost respect for everyone involved and actually don’t mess around with 2 parters, and also use their platforms to raise awareness of issues and try to push for justice.
they also show true emotion, haven’t seen Eleanor show any ounce of emotion in any of her videos
Take this true crime story

Leomie Anderson (Harry Uzoka ex) has been very vocal about respecting Harry and his family which is why I thought it was an odd choice for her to pick

Reactions: 2

alwys.liddle

sooooo….bc i didn’t feel like waiting to hear the end of the story, I started watching Mollie Westbrook’s video on this case and…

well…

it’s actually quite freaky how similar e’s verbiage is to what mollie is saying. I understand they are probably looking at the same or similar sources but just…the beats of the story are almost identical…the parts that Mollie calls out as being especially tragic are the same things called out in pt 1 of e’s video.

am i crazy??

MelissaJade

I hate her intro??? It makes me cringe every time? You can’t possibly be serious making videos on knife crime etc and having a knife sound effect as your intro followed up by an ad for shower gels and then saying “if you’re triggered by domestic violence click out of this video now” like girl none of that goes together and you’re coming across super money hungry and disrespectful. I get she has to monitize her videos because youtube is paying for her massive apartment in a very boujee building but there has to be a better way to monetize than this…
YES! This is a recent change isn’t it! I don’t like that intro either. She’s really disrespectful! 😳