Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

notsoposh

VIP Member
I noticed she bought a Sweaty Betty jacket, making a point to say “it’s not cheap in England,” and her fake Barbour, while referring to Barbour as a “luxury British brand” (is it luxury even? I just grew up wearing it, as did many of my friends). Does she have a new British victim in the works? 😏
The Barbour jackets are in the 200-250 pound mark, hardly luxury. She is just hyping it up as usual to make it seem that she made the right decision.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

MUALover

Chatty Member
My mom always told me something I'll never forget: In life (work, relationships, etc...), there isn't anything as free lunch. 😎 I live by this rule and make all my decisions based on this premise.

If Elle thinks finding a man who will treat her well while she doesn't give anything back, she needs to think again. Because she has been used and dumped by so many men in the last 2 years that I'd be embarrassed if I were her.

PrePackingPrep

I remember Elle's video showing off her chevron Chanel flap, ugly Gucci shoes and diamond earrings. She said that because her businesses had done well, she was able to treat herself. This was during the time she was living with Joe. It says so much about her level of selfishness that instead of using that money for something like a trip together, she decided to spend probably $6,000+ on herself. If she had been less ME ME ME and thought a little bit more about Joe and being generous with him, she might not be alone right now.

• Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I mean Amie pulls her weight in the relationship. She also actually earns money through her youtube business. Not sure Elle does - she expects to be treated as a princess. Life isn't a fairy tale Elle.
I agree! Elle had a really easy going 9-to-5 job that allowed her to shop at Nordstrom during lunch while Joe paid for the rent and often ate out since he worked late so she didn't even cook for him that much. But she still made him pay for a cleaner and and wouldn't even wash her own hair. She was acting way too entitled and not contributing to the relationship equally.

• Wow

bethannebodyworks

I feel like western Europeans (French, Belgian, etc.) are even more lax about marriage than those of us in North America so that's not gonna make for a quick marriage for Eleanor.
This.

I've been with a Dutchman for 6 years. We live together and have an extremely strong relationship. All of his friends are partnered up for 10+ years, and only his brother and sister and law are married. Marriage isn't really a "thing" where he's from, but he knows marriage is important to me and we'll be getting married before we move back from Italy to the US in two years or so. Also because he can't move to the US otherwise, lol.

European men (at least Western European men) would see right through Elle. For all her talk about how European she is, the only really European thing about her is her mom. And also how she likes to cook at home, which I find to be a really good habit. People do love to consume and buy things in Europe, of course, but not to the extent that Elle does. It's pathological. Also, European women tend not to "dress up" like she does.

Behindthescreens

#FURMAS 00:58 guys, she's fishing for the engagement ring from Joe! Her friend referred her to the jeweler where she'd gotten her ring, and Elle must've pounced on the opportunity to drop a few hints to Joe.

1:02 yes, Elle, you ARE just being too picky. You even admitted that you confused the poor first jeweler.

Thank you for sharing these videos!! I shall enjoy them.

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Sorry, I just realized this post might be tone deaf. There is nothing wrong with not being married (I actually told my fiancé I wish we could be common law because I hate weddings and I dislike that we can only obtain certain tax benefits after marriage) and absolutely nothing wrong with being single. Just pointing this out because Elle reads here and being single drives her insane. 😂😂😂
Elle has a way too high opinion of herself and her own attractiveness (I don't know many youtubers who eye f*** the camera constantly in all their videos). You can tell that Amie likes her Chanel pieces and dressing up while Elle thinks carrying a Chanel in an ugly combination or style makes her better than everyone around her. I think Amie understands that Dan finds her luxury obsession a bit weird but that it's part of her business now while Elle thinks carrying designer means men should treat her like a princess. This is why Amie has a stable, long-term relationship while Elle can't last beyond a single year once she moves in with the men and shows her true colors.

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I know we’re going a little OT, but I always considered diamonds to be more of a boomer thing, unless you’re well-off, obsessed with traditions, or have a good understanding of diamonds and jewelry. Most millennials (and I’m assuming Gen Zers) aren’t into diamonds and/or will pick alternative looking engagement rings. For example, Hannah Hart makes millions and she proposed to her girlfriend with a lovely rose cut pear diamond that is small but classy.

In my friend group I have girls who have the traditional pave and halo setting but I also know several others who went for sapphires, garnets, and even tiny solitaires. While we know she is desperate to get hitched, I can’t see Elle being gung-ho about a rock that isn’t a diamond...and like you said, getting upgrades whenever Rick’s teacher salary could afford it. 😂😂
Smelley is definitely obsessed with traditions...she's all about keeping up appearances. The only non-diamond ring she'd ever get is probably a sapphire one surrounding by a diamond pave because that's what Kate Middleton had and therefore, is "CLAWSSY." :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

MissKoala

I was watching her Ellemas Vlogmas Special 2017 today and in it she talked about her articles and said that she decided that private practice wasn’t for her so she transitioned into the regulatory sphere (securities regulation) in an in-house counsel role and she calls herself a “corporate securities lawyer”.

Phoebe.Tallulah

But can we really assume she didn't get into any North American law schools? Since she'd have to have done an undergrad degree first, right? She wouldn't have been eligible to apply to law school (Canadian or American) before she applied to the schools in the UK and Australia. I think she wanted to take the fast track, probably because she thought she was already educated enough lol. She knew she just wanted to study law and didn't see the need for an undergrad degree and all of those pesky electives that could broaden her perspective and give her knowledge and insight into other topics. Which shows, given her complete lack of interest in anything outside her little bubble. She's like a hamster in one of those clear plastic balls. Outside of their cage thinking they're taking on the world, but sadly not realizing they're still inside a 600 sqft apartment and still have no idea about the world outside of that.

• Heart
  • Haha

Drasticactions

VIP Member
In FURMAS she clearly is ignoring her friend who is telling a story about a slip cover for something and is playing with her friend's cat and interrupts the story to talk to the cat and her friend clearly sounds annoyed with her.

She also mentions a "Belgian passport" renewal. So if this is true and she has an EU passport it really doesn't explain why she never travels.

• Haha

LetThemEatLipstick

It really is. I actually feel kind of bad for her since it's legitimately not her fault*. Ginette should've sorted that out (along with her teeth/jaw/lisp situation) when Elle was a kid.
I agree with this point. It’s not so much that I’m ridiculing or making fun of her. I’m trying to balance out her superiority with showing she’s not as perfect as she wants everyone to think. She wants us all to get down on our hands and knees and kiss the ground she walks on. She’s got flaws, just like us. Problem is, she doesn’t ever acknowledge them and is never honest. She LIES, LIES, LIES. So this is just a peek into her not-so-perfect side.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Guys, has anyone been watching Indian Matchmaking?
There is a woman on it called Aparna, she is a lawyer, socially awkward and unaware she is the problem, has pagent hair and make up and can't find a man...its the Indian Elle.
Elle would do well in an arranged marriage situation. The guys can't just run when it gets unpleasant. 🥴

• Haha
Where is she planning to wear 90% of that stuff?? I am a Nordy girl (worked there for years!) but not shopping at all. We aren’t going anywhere for months still!

was anyone else paying attention to all her reasons for buying each item? It’s hard to find a blush throw blanket, the small soap looks puny, the sweaters never wear out (so buying more makes sense?), the coat is a knock off of a Bourbour jacket, it was crazy! Her mom has to be paying. Also all the in house brands she loves are not thay great of quality unless they are Nordstrom Signature. There are like 45ish Nordstrom Brands and they are IMO the same quality as Target (Caslon, Halogen, Chelsea28, BP, etc). How much will she return?

Katrina_AK_0099

Also can’t stand that she quit her day job to be a fashion blogger. I get that it’s a great living, but it still rubs me the wrong way to this day. I dunno - I know it’s an unpopular opinion.
Not unpopular with me! I find any and all full-time "fashion bloggers" annoying. Especially ones who quit working and leave their careers behind, like Shea Whitney.

It's like, get a grip, ladies. Stop adding to the consumerist fast fashion crap that's killing our planet. Stop adding to the consumerist nonsense that reinforces the idea of shopping as something we should be doing constantly.

I have no respect for someone who spends all day taking photos of themselves and buying mountains of cheap clothes. Get a job, get an education, give back to the world, use your brain, be financially independent, volunteer, be kind.

Elle's Nordstrom haul is hilarious. I skimmed though it, but it seems like she didn't actually buy anything new? Just talking about crap from years ago that is in the sale this year.

It's sad that the highlight of her summer is researching the sale, getting to the store before it opens, and making a video as soon as she gets home. Most of us go on a vacation, Elle goes to Nordstrom.

• Haha

202leda

This is a great point...I wonder if she was bullied quite badly growing up for many years. She talked about it extensively during a somewhat recent vlogmas (maybe 2-3 years ago when she was in her late 20s) which I thought was a bit intense for something that happened well over a decade ago. Everyone knows kids and teens can be mean, and most people do shake it off as they get older but you could tell by the tone of her voice and her commentary that she still holds a grudge. Eleanor was making some pretty condescending comments about her old classmates ("small-minded, mean, they were fearful/afraid to leave this place, I looked forward to leaving because I knew it'd be better, it just had to be."). It probably took a pretty traumatic experience to be so petty a decade later. She also talked about how she threw herself into studying and extra curriculars to look good for college applications, and because "I knew my social life would be non-existent." That kinda implies that she was a social outcast who didn't have a single friend (I think everyone has been made fun of at some point as a teen but very few people would say their social life was non-existent in high school!).

It would certainly explain why she tries to overcompensate so hard now with the whole "I'm a smart, successful independent woman whose also traditionally feminine. I have an amazing job and small business but am also winning at life with how many men I've dated and shopping designer for clothing, accessories, and home decor." It's like her way of telling her old bullies that she's "made it" in life, even though we all know it's mostly lies or exaggerations and misrepresentations of the truth. If this really is the case, I actually feel quite sorry for her.
See, I’d feel sorry for her, too, as I was made fun of and had occasional bullying incidences/experienced casual racism growing up. But I didn’t grow up to be a scammer and a liar. So I don’t feel bad for whatever psychological grudges she holds against her classmates. 🤷‍♀️

I’m sure Elle has a fragile ego but it doesn’t justify her condescension, snobbery, and blatant lying. Wouldn’t you use your experiences of being bullied and discriminated against to be a more empathetic, HONEST person? Hold all the grudges you want with your former classmates; I’m not one to judge that as there are people in my life I’ve been slow to forgive myself. But don’t be a scamming, condescending cheat to people who’ve done nothing to you. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart