Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PrePackingPrep

I haven't watched Elle's Nordstrom video because I've been busy with my newborn but let me guess: she bought a bunch of shit that looks like shit she already owns. In the screen shot someone posted she's wearing a granny dress I've never seen before. I'd love to know the thought process behind her purchases 'this looks like those other dresses I have. I need to add this to my collection.' With all the money she has wasted on hideous clothing she could have traveled or bought a condo. It's pathetic.
I wish she would do a realistic DITL vlog. I'd love to see how she wastes her time. I remember when the quarantine started she mentioned waking up around 11am, like a teenager on the weekends. Her life has no purpose.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Ok, so she def still doesn’t have a job, right?! Where the fuck is she wearing all this shit too? Also, says the Halogen ponte pants wear well and last, buys a new pair every year.

• Haha

thecatlass

VIP Member
I think Elle needs to move back to Vancouver, buckle down and find another job. Dating around is fine but don't be so desperate. Read The Rules and Why Men Marry / Love B*tches.
Sorry but 'Why men love b'tches' is a horrible book perpetrating the stereotype of a man that thinks only with his d-ck and some sort of femme fatale that spends her days planning all the cunning methods that will make her a mistress of his insatiable desire. Really cringey and 1990s-style lame piece.

I think I wrote it before - Smelle wants her partner to be a parent to her. She wants to be sponsored by a guy, have no obligation to spend her own money on joint stuff (bills, rent etc.) because she perceives her money the way kids see pocket money - it's for buying treats for themselves, instant gratification.

boredstrom

VIP Member
So I'm watching vlogmas from 2013 from Elle, and she mentions a boyfriend. I know Chris came to HI with her for 2014 and 2015 then dumped her in 2016 then for vlogmas 2016 and 2017 Joe was with her. Does anyone who was watching back then know if she was with chris back in 2013?

I watched a bit of 2012 and they were in Victoria then so I'm guessing her mom bought the condo between those Christmases? Elle also said that she likes to name the turkey/goose they get every year as a sign of respect and that's just a bit weird for me. I mean I'm a huge goof so not saying I'm not a bit strange too, but I don't brag on the internet and ramble for 5 min about the history of a family tradition of naming an animal you are going to eat.
Well, she named her artificial xmas tree. Its pretty clear that for a lot of Elle's life, material objects have replaced relationships with actual people. so naming everything (Pashmina the bike anyone) may seem like a cute quirk but it probably has some pretty weighty unresolved issues behind it.

• Haha
I think I remember her saying that the bracelet was from Peoples jewelry store, which is a Canadian chain. I'm not sure what to compare it to here in the States but it's a store you'd find in any mall, their jewelry was ok, but certainly not as nice (or high quality ;)) as Tiffany or Birks. Honestly, I was a little surprised that's where Joe went knowing how Elle is, but I'm sure he just figured diamonds are diamonds.
I think that at that point in their relationship Joe was already over Elle and not putting much effort into it! That would explain why he got the bracelet at a chain jewelry store. And there is nothing wrong with that, but maybe he figured Elle already spoiled herself enough with expensive brands and labels so she didn't need anymore that.

I do think that if he had loved her enough to marry her eventually, he might had bought the bracelet at a higher end jewelery store to make her extra happy.

Overall Elle is not above getting a gift purchased at a chain jelwelery store. Although I bet she thinks otherwise!

I just looked up People’s Jewellers. The bracelets are nice but nothing special. I don’t think he was super cheap and got her a sterling silver one (that would be funny, tho! 😂), but the next level up is 10K gold, which I don’t personally qualify as “fine” jewelry. There are other ones that are 14K with better diamonds but I doubt he spent that much...

I still think it’s super weird she kept that bracelet and even wore it while she was wedding planning in Florida. Of course it’s Elle, so it’s not surprising she kept it, but if it were me, I would have pawned that thing a long time ago. Why keep a 10K gold tennis bracelet with shitty diamonds?
She was hanging to it tightly - probably still is - cause she knew she wasn't getting a bracelet like that (or anything with a lot of dismonds) from Dickles any time soon :ROFLMAO:

She is so shallow!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

MissKoala

I agree! Elle had a really easy going 9-to-5 job that allowed her to shop at Nordstrom during lunch while Joe paid for the rent and often ate out since he worked late so she didn't even cook for him that much. But she still made him pay for a cleaner and and wouldn't even wash her own hair. She was acting way too entitled and not contributing to the relationship equally.
Yeah. When I was going through the vlogs to find the tennis bracelet ones, there was a vlog in which Elle had been to Nordstrom and then a gym class at the Vancouver Club, and something else (I forget what). Joe arrived home From work really late and said he’d had a very long day. Elle’s response was “Me too”.

• Wow
  • Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I think Elle needs to move back to Vancouver, buckle down and find another job. Dating around is fine but don't be so desperate. Read The Rules and Why Men Marry / Love B*tches.
I'm not sure becoming even bitchier is the way to go - she can barely hold onto men as she is. I agree that she should be less desperate though.

I suspect Elle doesn't treat the men she dates all that well - it was very obvious with Joe when she took over their entire apartment with her clutter, made him pay for a lot of expensive furniture that she clearly picked out (which Joe was forced to later sell at a massive discount when their relationship collapsed), gave him and his family really cheap gifts while she bought herself Chanel (remember when she stayed with his family and she got his mom a rodent and one of her Nouvelle scarfs?), and even complained about the little cooking that she did for him (she mentioned something about how she has so much more time for herself now that she didn't have to cook or take care of someone else after he dumped her). Talking in a little baby voice and the occasional "GUUD PASTA" doesn't make someone a "nice girl."

We've discussed the Vancouver thing before and some of us felt that she had exhausted her dating options there (we all know she gets around and dates actively even during a global pandemic!), given she goes for a certain type of young, white collar professional. And that she was probably ashamed to go back and face her old acquaintances and friends because she probably waxed lyrical about Rick and how she was going to be a married woman.

• Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Couple things.

She does not need to drop any weight. This woman isn't fat by any means. She could use a toning up and a lesson on dressing for her body shape. But she's definitely not fat. She just needs to stop skipping leg day.
I don't think she's "fat" objectively speaking but she is nowhere near the size she claims to be (0-2) so by that standard, she looks "fat" for a supposed size "0-2." There's nothing wrong with not being a size 2 but she insults other people's intelligence when she makes claims of vanity sizing that are clearly untrue. We did a brief survey of the ladies here on an older thread and everyone that was actually a size 0-2 were all much taller, weighed a lot less than Smelley, and worked out regularly. She is clearly LYING so I have no qualms about calling her out for her weight and size, because like many other things in Eleanor's life, it's all a lie designed to make herself look better. When you continually lie the way Elle does with many things in her life, I think it's fair game for other people to call you out on it, even if it is a more sensitive subject like weight/size.

Last edited:

shortasiangal

Longtime lurker here and first time post! I've been watching Elle for years and really related to her as a working professional myself in a big, international city (I live and work in NYC, I'm a consultant and used to travel a ton pre-COVID). I loved her videos so much that she influenced some of my purchases from the YSL Lou Lou bag I bought for myself when I graduated business school to a SMEG kettle (which I totally regretted because it broke after only 2 years!!!). I loved that she was a YouTuber with a legitimate career, which she seemingly worked hard for, who also unabashedly loved luxury and fashion. I bought into her 'girl boss' persona so very much. I overlooked some red flags like her snobby attitude and failed relationships because I figured, well, girl bosses don't settle! But everything was ruined for me when she decided to abandon her career and move to Florida with Rick. This was literally the extreme opposite of a girl boss move. Why was she leaving a great city to move to the capital of retirees in swampland? And quitting her job without another job lined up is the biggest mistake anyone can make (in my mind). I would never drop my whole life for a guy - especially not for someone I've dated for 8 months. I lost so much respect for her!!

I stopped watching her videos for awhile because they seemed so different from her usual videos. Rick's house looked so ordinary, dowdy, and basic, Elle had no job, and she started purchasing secondhand clothes (huh?). How far she had fallen! She honestly reminds me of Rory Gilmore in the recent Netflix Gilmore Girls special where Rory is in her early 30s - jobless and directionless. I hope Elle gets back on track soon but like you all, her latest videos have been very WTF for me. Those super inappropriate WFH dresses? I'm on video calls all day for work, I would NEVER wear anything like those!

Anyways, I've been enjoying this forum and thank you all for validating my thoughts and feelings about Elle!

• Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I wonder if Elle has ever dated a foreigner before. The discussion about Elle's fake foreign status earlier made me wonder if dating an actual foreigner might work better for her.

--Main reason is that the foreigner might view Elle's annoying ways as cultural differences rather than her just being annoying. This would make her much more tolerable.

--Some cultures might be more traditional in that they take dating more seriously with the goal of marriage, not just casual dating. Casual dating and living together clearly hasn't worked for Elle.

--Some foreigners are pretty wealthy, I read something about how foreign buyers are pushing up real estate prices in the coastal cities (don't know if it's true though). And she could help him get citizenship (of course only if they truly love each other).
If we're talking about the same type of foreigners that push up Vancouver and Seattle real estate prices because they're from wealthy families, Elle's gonna have no chance with them. Those guys almost always marry within their own culture (not just race, but specific country/culture) and if they don't, they like to go for tall, blue/green eyed, blonde, Scandinavian or Eastern European model types.

I feel like western Europeans (French, Belgian, etc.) are even more lax about marriage than those of us in North America so that's not gonna make for a quick marriage for Eleanor.

Last edited:

202leda

Yeah but back on track to what? Spending her Mom's money while dating men who decide they can't marry her after 2 years? That track hasn't really helped her much.
Right? It’s not like she was any better pre-Rick. Just a spoiled, condescending bitch with bad manners and awful taste.

Look, I know I come off as rather heartless and cold towards Elle, but I threw up my hands after she started dating SS...which was only 2 months after Joe left her. Then the Daily Hive debacle and her reaction to the backlash made me believe she has some sort of personality disorder.

Anyway, I don’t believe Elle really cares about her professional life once a man is in her life, someone to provide creature comforts and fulfill her daddy issues.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I’m fluent in two languages. Like defended-my-undergraduate-mech-eng-senior-research-and-thesis-in-my-second-language fluent. Like work-on-projects-based-in-that-foreign-country-in-that-foreign-language fluent.
Academically, professionally, and colloquially.
But I don’t call that second language my “native language” even though my parents are from that country, I only communicate with them in that language, and I only spoke that language up to the age of 5 (just like Elle... hint, this is when kindergarten starts).
My native language is still English because that’s what I spoke in school up until I moved to a foreign country, that’s what my thoughts form in, and that’s what I’m most comfortable expressing myself adequately and fully in.

Elle stopped speaking French fluently at age 5 (26 years ago, according to her own mother. Also, when was the last time anyone spoke to a 5 year old... they’re BARELY fluent in any language. My kiddo just turned 6.), and according to actual French speakers, she doesn’t express herself fluently in French... so... how is it her native language?
It’s all about optics for Elle and never the truth. Notice she doesn’t seem to know anything about French culture (plus her mom is Belgian and she never even knew her French dad!). She only uses it to defend herself when she’s pronouncing things strangely or referring to some expensive luxury good from a French designer, and how her “Frenchness” makes her connected to that in an unique way that distinguishes her from other people. 🙄

ccc123000

Chatty Member
After the clOsp broke she tried to bring it back to the original store and have it replaced with a box clOsP, but the person working there didn't know what she was referring to. A specialty store like Birks or Tiffany or Spence Diamonds probably would have known what she was talking about, and the diamonds would have had way more sparkle.
Dying with the clOsp! I can hear it in my head...

• Haha

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Amie is boring but that's how she does well on YouTube. Most people watching chanel videos don't care about a super limited collectors edition they want to see basic jumbo classic flaps in multiple neutral colors. So Amie provides that. Amie is also so much better with bag reviews. She does a what fits, and will compare it to similar sized bags and will show you actual features. Elle's bag videos are all half assed and she rambles on about why she likes the quilting and shit instead of explaining how the bag is useful. Elle will just say it is clawsik and elegant but not explain why. Amie also does a better job of dressing for her shape than Elle and wears basic trendy things that lots of people want to see and wear. So her personality really fits for YouTube bc really if you are a niche creator you have less potential viewers. Elle seems to be one of those people who thinks they can carry a channel based on their personality but she doesn't really have that either.

• Haha

MUALover

Chatty Member
If Elle had purchased a condo in Vancouver, it would have appreciated a great deal and she probably would have made some money from it, especially as she had been in Vancouver for 10 years or so. And let's face it, if you add all her handbag, clothing, shoe purchases over the years and her rent in Seattle, she could have had a nice downpayment and more in Vancouver on a condo.

Sheepsmeadow

I like solitares as well! Something so nice about the simplicity and un-pretentiousness of it all. But those definitely need to be a bigger carat to achieve the same effect, so I understand why people would opt for a halo setting, especially someone like Smelle who was probably showing off her ring to anyone who would tolerate her. :rolleyes:
My ring is a solitaire and it’s not big at all. It has a modern bezel setting made by a friend who’s an actual “jewelry designer” who went to school to study design and actually made the ring (unlike Ellle whom we know does not know how to design jewelry, let alone weld or solder metal). It’s special because of its unique design and the meaning behind it. But, of course, because it isn’t big, one has to not be concerned with appearances to wear it. I don’t wear it to impress others. When talking to my jeweler friend and picking out the diamond and metal I asked her what she recommended and these were her words “Pick what you like within what you can afford. Don’t be concerned about whether or not your ring is expensive. You’re the one wearing it and the meaning and value you give it is all what matters.” That stuck with me and made me realize I wanted a big ring only because of what others would think but not because I actually thought it was worth it to have my fiancé spend so much on a ring. That said, it also seems to me that large diamond engagement rings are mostly an American thing. I wasn’t living in the US at the time and my husband is not American. He didn’t feel pressure to give me a large diamond as none of our friends had them.

• Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I think the problem is Elle needs to get a grip on herself, stop being so desperate, moving in with guys before a wedding, and slow down with relationships. She's already dated a creep and a single dad and both didn't work.
I'm guessing there's something about Eleanor Lecocq outside of the lying and everything else that we see (which the guys may very well not know about) that must be extremely off-putting for Chris, Joe, SS, Rick, Dean, Jason and God knows who else to all drop her and never turn back. I wish one of them would join the chat (or Ricky would clip back!) and let us know what's up.

She probably wants us to think she has a new guy, LOL. Doesn't she drop these sort of random hints often in posts and videos (when she first moved to Seattle, weren't there flowers from "my beautiful friend" or some bs)?

Behindthescreens

Typical Elle... she bought a "shee-nee" blanket. That pronunciation is not French, Italian or Belgian, it's just dumb.
😂 I worked with some chenille yarn (Gorgeous!!) when I was knitting my blanket years ago! 'Bout DIED when I heard her say it that way!

Lol @ Elle telling us how she’ll refill all her Jo Malone hand soaps with Mrs Meyers (again!) but that she’ll have the “Jo Malone packaging in my kitchen.” And that she got the jumbo size because “my kitchen sink is pretty big, so the little one looks puny.” This girl is amazing at turning literally anything into a brag fest. Also it’s so weird how proud she is about hoarding ”designer” packaging for soap of all things and showing that off. Does she think she’s extra clever or something for putting cheaper soap into a pricey container...who is she trying to impress or deceive? Never seen anyone so set on keeping up appearances!
She really has NO SHAME. I almost can't believe it! And she's being really counter-productive. Why in the world, if you want to impress your guests in the way she seems to want to, would you TELL your secrets?? On a public platform no less? I swear, rocks have more brains sometimes...

Also, your "keeping up appearances" line made me think of Hyacinth Bucket in the show by the same name. It used to be on tv when I was younger. Have any of you seen it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart