Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
She claimed in a vlogmas video that she went because she really wanted a change of scenery and also because she had a really bad experience in high school in Victoria and was bullied for being “foreign” and not having a dad.

I’m guessing Smelley was being her usual ditzy and snobby self and the other kids didn’t want to deal with it and called her out. But of course she’d make it sound like she was some tragic, misunderstood heroine in a rom com.

The only place abroad that would've made sense for her would be the US, because she also has American citizenship from being born there (especially now when she's decided to live there full-time and if she wanted to practice) and good American law schools are one of the few that are acknowledged in Canada as well. But if she couldn't get into a decent Canadian law school, there's no way she could've gotten into a good JD program in the US because those are even more competitive. Not to mention, it's no easier given it's the same 7 years, vs the 4 that Smelley actually took.
I wish someone that went to high school with Smelley found this thread and spill the beans!! With her lovely personality...she was not liked - just like we don't like her. It's not rocket science!

I agree about her studying abroad to take the easier/faster route towards getting her degree. And maybe she already knew she would not be a practicing lawyer anyway. As we know, she likes the prestige that comes with being a lawyer without any of the hard work.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I still wish they got married. Watching Elle struggle with being 'average' in Florida would have been the best show on youtube. We on;y got a tiny taste of it.
Knowing Smelley and where Rick was living, I think we would've gotten another round of Smelley claiming she was getting bullied or shunned by the other SAHMs because she's "foreign." But we'll know it's because she's snotty and probably looking down at her fellow swamp compatriots for their lack of Chanel handbags, and probably trying to sell her tacky, overpriced pearls to unsuspecting neighbors.

• Haha
  • Sick

boredstrom

VIP Member
Throwback Thursday...Smelley being smug about moving in with Joe - in what world is this a XS/size 0-2??? I've interned in the fashion/modeling industry and this would be solidly plus sized (except she'd need to be at least 5 inches taller). I'm not trying to be mean but that's honestly how "thick" our plus sized models looked. This looks like a solid US size 6 or maybe even 8.

View attachment 203770
No matter what size she is, this photo is her at peak Elle. She was on top of the world then. Then painted-on jeans, the enviable view, the braggable boyfriend income. The poofy hair. I bet this pic really eats at her insides.

• Haha
  • Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
She'll need to find someone who was too busy working on their career to date if she wants someone around her age or someone who's older, rich, and divorced and wants a "newer model" to upgrade to. But even then I don't think it will be easy, bc guys who want a young pretty girl will probably go younger and prettier and more blonde than Elle. Like I'm a month older than elle and we are too old to be gold diggers now, and that's just the facts, unless she gets a not so rich and meh looking older divorced guy.
I don't think she'll get the sort of guys that gold diggers usually go for because like you said, those guys will have lots of options and she wouldn't qualify on personality, capability, or looks there. I can see her with a tired, middle management guy whose ecstatic that he got out of an unhappy marriage and managed to find someone younger and decent looking after she scrubs up.

I don't think you or Elle are too old! I think if she was a true girl boss with a great personality, had a nicer body (and didn't have all those surgeries to just look "average"), I think women of any age can "do well" in the dating market. Your options as you get older may not be as broad as when you're in your 20s but lots of older men also consider a lot more than just looks when it comes to a life partner. They'll want someone whose interesting, pleasant to be around, and intelligent because those things matter when you're building a future. Smelley, however, is none of those things. The only thing she can do is "cuck guud pasta" in a unhygienic way and talk to her men in a baby voice while acting like an idiotic rodent.

Last edited:

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I think I remember her saying that the bracelet was from Peoples jewelry store, which is a Canadian chain. I'm not sure what to compare it to here in the States but it's a store you'd find in any mall, their jewelry was ok, but certainly not as nice (or high quality ;)) as Tiffany or Birks. Honestly, I was a little surprised that's where Joe went knowing how Elle is, but I'm sure he just figured diamonds are diamonds.
He probably got it for her because it's an acceptable gift given the length and seriousness of their relationship and his financial status, but it wasn't something that, as you said, Elle would've been crazy about because it's not a luxury brand or an engagement ring (which she hinted heavily about wanting in some of her vlogs). I think by that point, Joe was definitely already having second thoughts but wasn't 100% sure, so he gave her something that was appropriate but didn't give her any wrong ideas, while he took a bit more time to decide what to do.

thecatlass

VIP Member
I know this is am unpopular opinion, but I am not of the mindset that Elle should have invested in purchasing a condo. I never understand when I watch one of those house hunting shows and there is a single girl/guy who clearly wants to eventually be married but is buying a property because they think it's what the smart decision is. To me it seems silly because once you meet someone you are going to have to move (or at least I would because who wants to make a life together in someone else's place). Unless you stay in the place a long time you are likely to actually lose money in lots of places. Granted, I am biased because I am older than Elle and my partner and I have always rented as we were never very interested in home ownership, but I always get triggered when people say you are throwing money away on rent because the thing is you need a lot of money to begin with (or rich parents who will help you out) to make a down payment. Neither of us ever had that. Maybe it's because I have lived in expensive cities, but even though we have always lived in places with high rent, we have never seen instances where the monthly cost of owning a home would actually be less than our rent. And, better yet we have never had to deal with any repairs, appliance replacements etc. or empty out our savings for the down payment. We can just call the building mgt to unclog a drain, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with home ownership but I don't expect someone like Elle, looking for a husband, to buy a place of her own. She absolutely should demonstrate she is self-sufficient, though, by renting a place on her own, saving money rather than spending it all on shopping, etc.
Not sure about your city but where I live in Europe, even if you were to move in with a partner, you can let out your place and the rent you'd get from your tenant would not only cover your monthly mortgage payment but you'd also have some cash left to keep. The property price appreciation is crazy as well so if she decided to sell even after 3 years, she would have made some profit.

🤢 ANOTHER launch?? Come on! And did it warrant buying ANOTHER dress??
Hold on... She is now stringing pearls for those chains that grannies put on their reading glasses to always have them near? 😂 😂 😂 she's so targeting boomer demographics that she should change her channel name to GrannyElle.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Katrina_AK_0099

In the video, she talks about how the Nordstrom sale is a good time to treat herself to fall fashion.

Why is she always looking for an opportunity to "treat" herself? Her mother spoiled her rotten and raised a child who thinks waking up and having breakfast is worthy of a treat! It would make more sense if she said she likes clothing and the sale has good deals... why make it a 'treat' when you'll be buying more fall clothing the week after the sale?

She needs to learn how to 'treat' herself in a way that doesn't involve clothes, shoes, makeup, or luxury candles.

boredstrom

VIP Member
Actually, I just thought of something. How desperate do you think she is that she’d be willing to give up children in order to keep a man?
Absolutely, provided he had enough money. Her main goal is to show up those people who made fun of her decades ago. Moderately affluent husband and kids is her current game plan, but I fully believe if a sterile guy came along who could take down $10,000 worth of handbags a month she'd forget she ever wanted kids. Deep down she knows the handbags will love her unconditionally.

• Haha

WaneGal

I wonder if Elle has ever dated a foreigner before. The discussion about Elle's fake foreign status earlier made me wonder if dating an actual foreigner might work better for her.

--Main reason is that the foreigner might view Elle's annoying ways as cultural differences rather than her just being annoying. This would make her much more tolerable.

--Some cultures might be more traditional in that they take dating more seriously with the goal of marriage, not just casual dating. Casual dating and living together clearly hasn't worked for Elle.

--Some foreigners are pretty wealthy, I read something about how foreign buyers are pushing up real estate prices in the coastal cities (don't know if it's true though). And she could help him get citizenship (of course only if they truly love each other).
I don't think that will be the case tho!

The wealthy foreigners you are talking about will largely be Middle-eastern/East Asian/South Asian. Elle is such a snob that she regards her European root so much superior than these cultures and will never ever consider dating a guy from such background.

No offense to people from such backgrounds, me myself is from that too! That's why I know how white snob girls Elle will never even see my tribe as the same creature as herself.

For rich European guys, someone pointed out they'll see right through Elle's BS LOL.

Sheepsmeadow

it just baffles me how she can be in denial when it’s very clear in house counsel and being an investigator are two completely different titles. In house positions have titles such as (junior) legal counsel, senior legal counsel and general counsel. An investigator is not an in house role though it might have some legal components
And she’s so in denial she even claims to have been in-house counsel on her Linked-In! Something finally made her remove “lawyer” from the IG bio, perhaps being unemployed? What’s that, Elle? Oh, sorry, yes, you are an adjunct professor and Seattle business owner. Good luck living on that income 🤣🤣🤣.

• Haha
  • Wow

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Right? Guys looking for an independent woman will assume that's what Elle is when it turns out she's actually an aspiring housewife they are going to bail. I'm sure there are still guys out there that want a housewife but they aren't going to go after career women bc they are going to assume that she's not going to give that up.
I have a few friends of the "ladies who lunch" variety and I have to say they all have way better personalities than Smelle, and most held interesting or high-power jobs at some point before they became a SAHM. They are all much more entertaining and generally better looking as well, and not nearly as selfish or lazy. You really can't be lazy when the focus of your life is taking care of multiple children, a husband, the home, and general home related affairs. It's a full-time job in itself because usually in these situations, the husband doesn't do anything outside of his job.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
But none of her boyfriends were handsome 😂
Chris - condescending, rude, balding, short English guy that thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. Impressionable 24-year old Smelle fell for the industrial-vibe condo he owned and a tiny convertible

Joe - taller than Chris but also slightly balding. Nice smile but big ears. Got mean and snarky with time. Didn't own a car but at least he could drive.

Rickets - hairy and pompous granola divorcé that embellishes the truth, just like his ex-fiancée. I'd say he was best suited for Smelle in terms of personality. Bad match in terms of outlook on money.
I'll give Elle that - despite the preening and obsession with her image, she seems to have a clear idea of her status in the dating market and has chosen her partners accordingly. Girlboss might pretend to be a classy princess but when the situation becomes real, she's willing to take pretty much anyone with XY chromosomes who makes decent money and is willing to let her spend some of it to upgrade her life. She's gotta be one of the most pragmatic women ever, because she will literally pick anyone who gives her what she wants (lifestyle upgrade, expensive things, a proposal) and doesn't think twice about their attractiveness, personality, or compatibility.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
The best robe to work in from home is the robe you already own. No one is going to see it and who the f is going to go out and buy a robe bc of a video like this?
Man-hunting requires special outfits! Gotta make sure the tatas are on display. ;)

All jokes aside, why is Eleanor being so insistent about the work from home thing recently? Everyone knows she’s been unemployed for over a year at this point and that her “job” is stringing her dodgy pearls and scamming middle aged viewers. She knows people are questioning her career (even her loyal viewers are asking her what she does in Seattle) and yet and she’s digging her heels in and drawing attention to it.

Last edited:
  • Sick

MissGlam21

Continuation of the threads for Elle Florence, also known as the desperate, lying scammer with a thousand names (dodgy much?):

Eleanor Lecocq
Eleonore Lecocq
Elle Lecocq
Eleanor Florence Marie Lecocq

Thank you ladies for the new thread title. These threads truly "clip at a quick pace." :cool: :m

If they broke up due to something money related, which many of us suspected (maybe momma G put her foot down and wasn't willing to spoil Smelley + Rickets), I doubt Vancouver would've made a difference. I think they might've lasted a bit longer if they moved into Elle's apartment instead of her running off to Swampland, but Dicky probably would've gotten resentful super quickly, especially after meeting the Dolls and their partners. He will probably wax lyrical about how they're all shallow and are form over substance or whatever.
I think Elle was low key ashamed of being with Rick so she didn’t feature him as much in vlogs/videos. She made sure Rick presented himself in a way that fit her narrative. I think Elle was borderline controlling (I.e. she told him to delete Rick’s IG picture of his makeshift beer box tv stand 😂). Plus when she went back to Vancouver to meet with the dolls and get Beebee, she probably exaggerated about how good of a lawyer and prof Rick was and was low key relieved that the Dolls would never have to meet Rick because of the distance 🤣

She mentioned in her apartment tour video that her new collection is going to be unlike anything she's done before. Is that going to be her "ha! I showed you!" -moment? She does wear a lot of florals and such, so it wouldn't be entirely off-brand if the new collection had a pattern of some kind. But on the other hand, if her scarves have a pattern, she might have to wear more monotone clothing for however long she needs to promote the new scarf collection, which rules out a big portion of her existing wardrobe. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe we have another capsule collection haul to look forward to?

That's a very good point!
In her apartment tour video, we already saw a glimpse of the “new collection” (She was covering it with her hand). Elle’s extent of creativity and imagination is really limited to that of a 6-year-old.....even that could be insulting to 6-year-olds

I think they would've lasted longer if Elle wasn't spending like crazy. She went from hauling Walmart and shopping outlets to Nordstrom every day and paying someone to wash and blow-dry her hair regularly. 😐 I can just imagine how Joe felt if he was considering a future with Smelley...terrible wife material especially given he was the one footing the bills.
You could see how tired, annoyed, and defeated he looked on camera every time Elle came home with bags and boxes of new stuff. He finally realized that this wasn’t the Joe and Elle show but rather, the Elle show with Joe on the side who’s supposed to foot the rent every month and remain as an afterthought because he was only good enough for Coach. I was shocked that Joe gave Elle a tennis bracelet and Elle dragged him to the jewellers to pay an extra $200 for the broken clasp. After living with Elle for 2-3 months, he probably had an “oh shit” moment and was dying to get out of there.

Last edited:
  • Heart

PrePackingPrep

I have some Costco jewelry that I really like, specifically Akoya pearls; they're very beautiful and were reasonably priced. They're actually bigger and have more luTHster than Elle's, cost less, are certified, and came with a return policy.

There's no way Rick would shell out $10k for an engagement ring from Tiffany or anywhere else.
I have heard that you can find beautiful jewelry at Costco! A friend and her boyfriend picked out a $25,000 diamond which they had made into a custom ring from a local jeweler. Unlike Elle, she's an independent woman. Her boyfriend wanted to get married but she's already been married and divorced and doesn't want to live with a partner again. That's girlboss material, Elle! She has her own money, isn't willing to sacrifice what she wants just to be coupled and still managed to get a huge rock.
There is no way Rick spent the money on a custom Tiffany's ring and that's ok! What is not ok is lying about your engagement ring and tagging Tiffany's. Even from the beginning she cared more about appearances than about their upcoming wedding. She exists to brag.

LetThemEatLipstick

90BC9478-9465-4575-ABD4-1A868F7F1020.jpeg

Imagine showing up to your corporate job with this much makeup on and expecting anyone to take you seriously. Looks like a $8.99 Claire’s makeup set exploded onto her face.

• Haha
  • Wow

Wheelsbaby

I think you hit the nail on the head! To me, I kind of feel it's okay if her mom wants to take care of her. I grew up in an extremely close-knit family and I see nothing wrong with parents caring for kids, kids caring for parents, etc. If I had my way I would still live at home because I love my family so much lol (and I don't find this weird!).

I think though that the problem is Elle says she is a GIRL BOSS. Anyone can be a girl boss when mom pays for things for you. I wish she could just be honest.
Yeah I don’t think it’s bad at all and may even be natural for parents to do so - especially for Ginette with only one child. But her fake girl boss persona is annoying AF!

I don’t think she has a trust. I could be wrong but from personal experience, we get access to our trust at 21 or 25, latest 30. Lifestyle wise, we usually live in paid for properties, take international vacations and for better or worse have access to parents’ credit cards at a young age. Elle was shopping Walmart, outlets, Michael Kors the first few years of YouTube.

The obvious sign for me is her great fluctuation of lifestyle when she doesn’t have a Boyfriend paying the rent. I’ve never see this among my circle of wealthy friends. It’s really strange to downgrade suddenly.

Of course Elle could have access to a small trust perhaps ? But how Elle behaves is really disparate from usual practice of people who have multi generational wealth. Ginette is well off but not at that stage. She just seems to be really generous with Elle and helps out whenever shit hits the fan (post break up primarily) - I agree with other posters - ginette helps out with gifts, and Hawaii vacations and random funds when Elle needs it post break up (but it’s not a consistent injection of funds every month)

Another dead giveaway to me is in one of her recent livestreams where she mentioned she was just getting into investing as a beginner by watching Anna Campbell’s channel (sugarmamatv) - anyone with access to a trust would already have had money being invested , and some awareness of investments and had conversations with tax & investment advisers from a young age

Last edited:
  • Heart