Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sheepsmeadow

Lol nothing weird about either, just thought it was a white people thing because no one in my culture would do it. I mean, it’s sold in the refrigerated section, so maybe that’s why we always keep it in the fridge? The shoes thing makes sense because where my parents grew up, bathrooms are giant squat holes and your shoes are always walking through spit, dirt, children’s pee and poop, and your own & strangers’ pee splash from squatting. Doesn’t happen as much in NA, but that’s just how they grew up.

ETA: I’m almost 30 but my mother would still beat me if she saw me walking with outdoor shoes on in my house in NA that I OWN 😂.
Okay, so I have a question (sorry if off topic). If you have people over, do they have to take their shoes off? I once went to a party where this was the rule and I thought it was bizarre to see everyone in their socks; I also did not feel comfortable walking around like that and, to top it off, had specifically worn an awesome pair of boots to the party only to end up having to take them off at the entrance 😂. It’s not part of my culture to take our shoes off so I don’t know if that’s normal among people who take them off for cultural reasons? (For the record, I don’t actually wear outside shoes in my own house, but I never ask my guests to. I just vacuum after they leave.)

Reactions: 4

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
The fact she mentioned its longevity show she reads here for sure
Maybe she doesn't use it a lot (she claims she does during #teamas lmao) or just got lucky but if you look at reviews of Smeg small appliances anywhere, more than half the comments are people complaining about the lack of longevity or poor quality for something so expensive, and how it all broke down in less than two years!

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Are you listening, Elle?? We're here giving you GOOD ADVICE. Turn your life around!
It feels like she's given up on anything unrelated to man-hunting lol. And as harsh as this will sound (it applies to most of us as well!), she won't have an easier time as she gets older because us ladies only have higher standards for men as we mature while guys seem to universally prefer women in their 20s (unless they have a lot to offer otherwise, which Elle doesn't). I can't imagine any sane, decently attractive guy wanting to be with Elle unless his judgment is completely off or she goes for someone way older, divorced, and below her league looks wise. Even then, the very successful guys of that type will want someone younger and prettier so she'll have to settle (someone closer to Rickets than Joe at 40).

ccc123000

Chatty Member
That being said, to be fair I think the comments about her not being a lawyer are not warranted because she did get her license and is qualified as a lawyer in B.C., though non practicing. I can also confirm and am a little familiar with investigator positions- it is not the same as in house counsel. So at most she would be a non practising lawyer pursuing a different path. There are many lawyers in America and Canada who stop practicing but still call themselves lawyers ( ie legal recruitment) but to say she is in house counsel is a big stretch as an investigator because you don’t need a law degree to be one in most cases.
She had a blurb (now taken down) on her IG page, I believe, which said "....in my everyday life as a lawyer," or something like that. Would you say this is accurate, or a stretch? Genuinely want to know.

Does anyone have the screen cap of this? Please share!

bethannebodyworks

@thecatlass: Did she ever mention where the bracelet was from? We have a department store called the Bay that’s all over the country and they sell a lot of in-house, non branded precious jewellery, in addition to the expensive, branded things. I’ve seen lower quality diamonds go for $200-800 there.

@MissGlam21: One of my favorite moments is after they attended Joe’s company’s holiday party, and they were walking past a Gucci or something at 10pm. Smelley was vlogging and talking about how she wishes the store was open so she could go look at shoes. Joe was walking really fast and away from her, but you could hear him off camera and sarcastically go “yes because that’s what you need, more shoes” and the idiot just giggled. He was so fed up with her.
LOL! What vlog was this?

Also does anyone have the tennis bracelet repair vlog?

MUALover

Chatty Member
That kind of apartment also can't survive a baby / toddler (unless you have around the clock live in help that constantly picks up and wipes things)
Yes, I totally agree. Their apartment has too much stuff overall. It's beautiful but crammed. Nobody needs 2 large full length mirrors, 2 alcohol shelves, 1.5 rooms for handbags, all those knickknacks.

Try living there for 3 days without constantly picking up...I don't think you can.

Last edited:

MUALover

Chatty Member
I never heard of Jamie-Lee but I checked her out. Her apartment is very minimalist. Not cluttered at all. I like her!

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
She removed the nodstrom haul 2017 video from her playlist. Since we were discussing how much she shopped while living with Joe and with the Nsale on, she might have removed it. I remember, that particular year she had shopped like there was no tomorrow.
Interesting! Is Eleanor Florence Lecocq afraid that new victims will see this discussion and run for the hills? 😆

I noticed that video is still around (probably want to milk those affiliate links and ads to death just in case someone looks all of her old ones up during this sale period). She did seem to go on a video deletion rampage a couple of days ago (I made a post with a screenshot of her negative social blade video views numbers) but have no idea what she deleted or privatized.

• Haha
  • Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
She must be posting these in batches (only allowing certain followers to see certain ones) and seeing who views the stories and if a screenshot gets posted here? That’s the only explanation I can think of. Still, it’s absolutely insane to try and figure this out...complete waste of time and energy. Even if she does figure it out which I highly doubt, what would be the point, exactly? Free speech is legal.

Wheelsbaby

Love Canna. That’s a real boss there. True, generationally wealthy kids would have been talking investment jargon in their college years. Wasn’t Elle in “securities law”? And she’s just now investing? At 31 yo? Better late than never, but doesn’t exactly indicate a particularly wealthy upbringing.
Love Canna too 💖 and she has an amazing classic and timeless wardrobe & handbag collection 😉

Lovely

Chatty Member
By the way I'm probably a "wokeflake" but that's because I'm aware of my cis privlege and am an avid supporter of the LGBTQIA community 🤷‍♀️
I'm an actual lesbian, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. I'd be careful about what it seems like you're suggesting about me here.

• Heart

Behindthescreens

I love keeping up appearances!! Elle also reminds me of the show Red Dwarf, with all the smeg appliances. Elle's a smeg-head. You could also say she's a bit like Are You Being Served, in that show most of the characters try to show how middle class they are calling everyone Mr or Ms trying not to let people know they live in a semi detached house, trying to be proper and not common. I think that's Elle too, and it takes place in her favorite place, a department store.
I enjoyed Are You Being Served, more so the reunion series. I'll have to look up Red Dwarf! Smelle's fascination with Smeg appliances fascinates me, so I'm always down for a casual research of the line!

Sofatsolazy1

Do any of you follow EllandEmm on Instagram? Jen had on a pearl eyeglass chain the other day and everyone went nuts for it. Jen said she made it and it makes me wonder how many ideas Elle copies.

• Wow

Sheepsmeadow

Girl is all about TREATING HERSELF. I swear she probably gets herself a celebratory gift every morning after she takes a $hit 🤦‍♂️ Before she lived with Joe, she treated herself to a pair of diamond studs (btw, she massively overpaid for them) as a treat to herself for launching her JeWeLLeRy LiNe. With any serious business, the first several years are usually about making loss and not having much cash for splurging on the boss' whims as the money made is being invested into the venture. She probably had sold none of her shoddy creations at the point of getting those studs 😂

I'm telling you, she'd drive Amazon on the brink of bankruptcy if she ever was the boss there.

Honestly, if it wasn't for her gullible subscribers who can't tell her entire YT persona is fake because they think all they see on the Internet is real, she'd be broke a long time ago.
I’ve never understood why people “treat themselves”. For me, when I make extra money, I invest it in an index fund — I don’t go around looking for things to ”treat” myself to. Once you “treat” yourself once, you’ll keep on doing it and next thing you know, you’ve just acquired a whole bunch of material crap. I do have diamond earrings, but they were not a “treat”. They were something I thought long and hard about buying and wear every day and hence I knew they would be worth it.

Chase Amie is awful and clearly caters to the North American audience. No one knew her British accent was affected for a long time until a couple UK subscribers pointed it out. I didn’t even know because I’m American and in general we have a difficult time differentiating between British accents.

I used to really like her until I realized how much of a phony she was, her obsession with appearing upper class, and all her dumb get rich quick schemes. It is clear that she is very insecure about how she appears to her audience, despite going to a great school and coming from basically nothing, which she is desperate to hide. 🙄 I admire her ability to work hard and build up her channel to what it is, but she’s definitely a disappointment in my eyes. I guess she isn’t such a nasty bitch to her subscribers unlike poor Eleanor here. 😂🤣
I’m curious: how do people know her accent is affected? Is it that she doesn’t do it correctly or that they know something about her background?

Last edited:

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Lol nothing weird about either, just thought it was a white people thing because no one in my culture would do it. I mean, it’s sold in the refrigerated section, so maybe that’s why we always keep it in the fridge? The shoes thing makes sense because where my parents grew up, bathrooms are giant squat holes and your shoes are always walking through spit, dirt, children’s pee and poop, and your own & strangers’ pee splash from squatting. Doesn’t happen as much in NA, but that’s just how they grew up.

ETA: I’m almost 30 but my mother would still beat me if she saw me walking with outdoor shoes on in my house in NA that I OWN 😂.
Ahh, I understand. Any chance your parents are from a tropical country? I spent some time in Southeast Asia for a holiday (lived in an airbnb with a kitchen for a few months) and was told to always keep food in the fridge because it would spoil very quickly in the hot weather and humidity.

I can't understand how anyone could wear outdoor shoes into their home or anyone else's, isn't that so unhygienic??
It's something that's very North American and also regional - I guess because most of us live in cities, drive to and from work, and work indoors. Most cities are quite clean so it's not considered dirty.

It's less common in my part of Canada because we get A LOT of snow for at least half the year so you wouldn't want to drag slush and mud into the house. It's also less common when I lived in NYC (quite a dirty city but I know people who still do it) and New England (also lots of snow) for similar reasons. But in places like Vancouver, California, or the American South, where the weather is nice-ish year round, I think it's common to not take your shoes off.

Last edited:

greenbear

VIP Member
My takeaway is that foot fetish Mr Next is back in the picture! Maybe he never even went away. I wonder if he'll give her a 'Tiffany' toe ring.
defo Mr Next isn't into ankles

Some more pics since you can only add 10 photos per post:

View attachment 204655View attachment 204656View attachment 204657View attachment 204659View attachment 204660View attachment 204661

Smelle needs to stop insisting she 'loves fashun'. She loves HOARDING and SPENDING MOMMY'S DIME. Nothing fashionable about her fugly pieces.
all her shoes look way too tight

I love Audrey Coyne. She has a soothing voice, buys QUALITY over QUANTITY and isn’t obsessed with trying to look rich like a lot of these youtubers.

Elle definitely buys a lot of her expensive shit on sale. I love sales myself but only if I know I’d buy it if it weren’t on sale and I can incorporate it in my wardrobe.
oh I can't with her, watch some older videos the new voice is so put on.

• Haha