Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Drasticactions

VIP Member
So I'm watching vlogmas from 2013 from Elle, and she mentions a boyfriend. I know Chris came to HI with her for 2014 and 2015 then dumped her in 2016 then for vlogmas 2016 and 2017 Joe was with her. Does anyone who was watching back then know if she was with chris back in 2013?

I watched a bit of 2012 and they were in Victoria then so I'm guessing her mom bought the condo between those Christmases? Elle also said that she likes to name the turkey/goose they get every year as a sign of respect and that's just a bit weird for me. I mean I'm a huge goof so not saying I'm not a bit strange too, but I don't brag on the internet and ramble for 5 min about the history of a family tradition of naming an animal you are going to eat.

Reactions: 4

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I don’t remember there ever being a blue Tiffany box in the background of her IG stories/photos to show this.
Why do I feel like there was for some reason at one point...🤔 I wish I had a receipt to confirm this, just to be sure. Either way, another poster above showed how she said it was from there and even tagged them, so she definitely wanted to give off that impression for sure, and that was the main point I wanted to make. It is possible I may have gotten this mixed up with something else because I feel like she mentioned or showed at some point how she keeps the pouches and some of the packaging (I wasn’t a forum participant at that point and didn’t pay as close attention as I do now) but that might’ve been her Tiffany collection video or another Instagram story. Apologies if my memory isn’t completely accurate, it’s been many months and Smelley has so much going on that it’s hard to keep track. 😅

Last edited:

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I enjoyed Are You Being Served, more so the reunion series. I'll have to look up Red Dwarf! Smelle's fascination with Smeg appliances fascinates me, so I'm always down for a casual research of the line!
Sorry I didn't explain well, in red dwarf they use smeg as an insult/swear word. there is no presence of smeg appliances ,though they do have talking toasters and vending machines :)

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I think when Elle first started off on youtube, she wasn't that bad. She lived with her mom in Victoria and moved into her 1 bed room apartment in Vancouver. She hauled at Walmart, Target and Michael Kors. She was kinda cute and relatable. If she had remained like that, stopped being so desperate with guys, worked hard at her job, continued working on finding a proper law job, and stopped moving around so much, she wouldn't be where she is today. Instead, what we're seeing is the self-destruction of a smart (book-smart) girl who was spoiled rotten by her mother and who makes very very poor life decisions. Remember, she's been on youtube since 2012 or something - almost what 8 years? She's shown very little growth in terms of her career or her life since then. If she continues, she's going to be a mess when she is old.
I think I made this comment at some point but up until Chris, Elle's education, career and life was on a really, really good track and her resume was quite impressive! But she didn't manage to stay on after that articling position and I suspect Chris' support really made her complacent, and her demeanor, career, and lie goals seem to have changed for the worse, and led to what we see now.

• Heart

Lovely

Chatty Member
Some gems from an old 'shoe collection' video - #gurlboss is such a sad hoarder she will keep dated Zara pumps that are screaming for heel replacement:

View attachment 204464

She bought Louboutins on sale and they were so uncomfortable that she literally couldn't walk in them (she admitted that herself). If that's not being a label whore then I don't know what is:

View attachment 204466
She even buys her shoes too small to make her feet seem thinner. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Not sure if this is mentioned, in one of videos (Furmas?) that’s was listed here. She mentions renewing her Belgian passport with biometrics.
So she’s a US, Canadian and Belgium citizen. Maybe that’s why the being European claim? Also it wouldn’t have been expensive for her to study in UK being part of EU.
I re watched that video recently too i was really shocked to find out she had an actual European passport. I guess it makes sense if she did live there for a bit as a kid. And since Elle and ginette didn't become Canadian citizens until maybe 6-8 years ago it makes sense. But when she moved from the US as a baby to belgium or whatever wouldn't she have needed a US passport then? Or since she was born to a Belgian citizen would they have let her get a Belgian passport at the embassy or whatever? I'm assuming Elle didn't get a US passport until she moved to be with Rick (if she even has) despite being a citizen bc she was born here.

I have a friend from college who was born in the US but has managed to get so many passports. Her father is from the UK so she's got a UK passport and he's got ancestry from Ireland so she's got an Irish passport too and her mom is from south east Asia so she's managed to claim an Asian passport too. The whole process of more than two passports makes such little sense to me.

Behindthescreens

She's got her Nordstrom gift guide up:

@0:59: "Definitely check out the links in these videos that I include..." = please, please, please click my affiliate links cause I'm strapped for cash.

@2:19: "I'm a size two, true to size" - no you't not. STOP LYING.

More of the boring Halogen cashmere sweaters, Eliza J dresses, barefoot dreams blankets and sweaters. Can't believe she's still into leopard print (I thought that was a Rick/swampland thing?)
Oh 🤢 gag me! I'm off to go hate watch.

• Haha
She doesn't really design or manufacture anything (literallly outsources everything to Nepal) and she literally just picks colors for the scarfs, which are a solid color with no design...
She mentioned in her apartment tour video that her new collection is going to be unlike anything she's done before. Is that going to be her "ha! I showed you!" -moment? She does wear a lot of florals and such, so it wouldn't be entirely off-brand if the new collection had a pattern of some kind. But on the other hand, if her scarves have a pattern, she might have to wear more monotone clothing for however long she needs to promote the new scarf collection, which rules out a big portion of her existing wardrobe. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe we have another capsule collection haul to look forward to?

I feel like it depends on your quality of work. If you work hard and kick ass at your job, wearing luxury becomes part of your kicking ass personality. But if you are sloppy and lazy at work, wearing luxury is a different statement : I don't need this job, I'm rolling in cash and this is just a pasttime!
That's a very good point!

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Yeah I don’t think it’s bad at all and may even be natural for parents to do so - especially for Ginette with only one child. But her fake girl boss persona is annoying AF!

I don’t think she has a trust. I could be wrong but from personal experience, we get access to our trust at 21 or 25, latest 30. Lifestyle wise, we usually live in paid for properties, take international vacations and for better or worse have access to parents’ credit cards at a young age. Elle was shopping Walmart, outlets, Michael Kors the first few years of YouTube.

The obvious sign for me is her great fluctuation of lifestyle when she doesn’t have a Boyfriend paying the rent. I’ve never see this among my circle of wealthy friends. It’s really strange to downgrade suddenly.

Of course Elle could have access to a small trust perhaps ? But how Elle behaves is really disparate from usual practice of people who have multi generational wealth. Ginette is well off but not at that stage. She just seems to be really generous with Elle and helps out whenever shit hits the fan (post break up primarily) - I agree with other posters - ginette helps out with gifts, and Hawaii vacations and random funds when Elle needs it post break up (but it’s not a consistent injection of funds every month)

Another dead giveaway to me is in one of her recent livestreams where she mentioned she was just getting into investing as a beginner by watching Anna Campbell’s channel (sugarmamatv) - anyone with access to a trust would already have had money being invested , and some awareness of investments and had conversations with tax & investment advisers from a young age
This post is brilliant and spot on about everything. Couldn’t have said it any better myself. 👏👏👏

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I remember this! There was a post at some point that included a Tiffany box. It may have just been the corner of the box and I don’t think it showed the logo but I do remember this.
I’m so glad someone else remember seeing this as well, and I wasn’t going crazy. 😆 I feel like she dropped a lot of random hints about it being from Tiffany’s, like the post with the Tiffany box, the screenshot the ladies had above, and did she also mention it in the now deleted engagement video?

MUALover

Chatty Member
I can stand fakeness and airs, I come from the own your shit mentality so maybe that is why I find Elle so off putting. It’s ok to screw up it’s ok to hit rock bottom but it is not ok to dwell there having a Pitts party.
Elle you love teen age girl terms so do a glow up series and get your shit figured out!
I personally enjoy Elle's clothing hauls (I have a similar body shape to her and to Chase Amie, more like Amie though). I like the floral blue dress (I think it looks good on her). But the other items are meh. She already has a lot of the same things already so why buy more? I mean how many cashmere sweaters and Rails shirts does she need? And doesn't she already own a Rails shirt in the same colour? I wonder how many of these items get returned later.

Elle needs therapy. Most girls would love to get the educational opportunities she had, the travels to Hawaii. She's better of than 99.99% of the population but still can't get a guy.

I admit I'm kinda jealous that Elle gets to go to Hawaii and live it up with Ginette. The diamond and luxury goods shopping, the eating out. I don't understand why she prefers to live alone in Seattle rather than in Honolulu with Ginette. Ginette is hardly a strict parent and would have cooked and cleaned for Elle.

Last edited:

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Yes — must be her husband. She said he bought it a long time ago before they met. What does he do? Seems odd also for a single guy to buy a three-bedroom. Makes one think his parents helped because they saw it as an investment? And to think they then bought yet another one that they were living in! Sure, they probably rented this one and made good money, but you need a lot of cash for the down payment. It doesn’t add up, does it? Elle — where’s your condo? It’s about time.
I actually followed amie pretty closely a few years ago she and Dan did a q and a where they both specified they came from humble backgrounds. Dan definitely seems like more of a saver compared to aime but they both hustle so when he bought it before he met amie he might have had a big mortgage . Might have been a driver in his need to hustle? I think prior to them doing their own thing they both had good jobs. I know he rented it out for a number of years while they were at the other place so maybe he lucked out a number of years ago?

Either way they are moving out of London based on what she said at the end of the video.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Outdoor shoes inside are not unheard of in the US, and I’d imagine Canada, and it doesn’t have to do with race, just with culture. The butter thing is more French, but also not unheard of.
ETA: No clue about what she does with the bread. That is weird to me.
Can someone enlighten me on what's weird about the butter thing lol because I thought that was normal? We do that at home and also keep it in the fridge sometimes (usually unsalted) and when it's hot indoors cause it gets messy.

Outdoor shoes inside is definitely a North American thing more than anything else - my European boyfriend was pretty horrified when he first saw that ahaha. We do it less here though because the weather is often bad (i.e. snowy) for at least half the year and no one wants to track slush and mud indoors.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
For my work, I carry Longchamp Le Pliage or a Coach tote. It looks good and is professional and functional. When I go out with my bosses, I don't embarrass them by looking like a slob but at the same time, I'm not upstaging them and give them fuel for gossip. I wouldn't dream of carrying a $6000 Chanel tote or a $2000 LV bag to work.
I carry my Longchamps frequently as well - they're so convenient, light, and look pretty good, all things considered! And for dressier occasions I have a Smythson handbag in a neutral color. No logos, flashy colors/leathers or anything like that.

Ginette has the weirdest taste in guys as well. Does anyone think Neil is a bit weird? He gives off vibes that he bats for the other side. He says he is from the UK (an island country surrounded by ocean) and he's never had a scallop in the video of them in the Japanese restaurant in Hawaii.
This comment KILLED me. 💀 :LOL: :m

• Heart
  • Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
OH WAIT, is that what this is? It’s in another tab, not her main grid, right? My boomer / conspiracy theorist is showing...

ETA: OK, now I get it. All my burner accounts can view these “reels” in her account, they weren’t specially selected for privatized content. If you go to her account, it’s in the second tab, between her main grid and her tagged photos.
New instagram function?

Either way, I don't follow her anywhere so it makes no difference. I did laugh upon seeing her gross cankles and feet though in your screenshot though. Does she seriously not see the hygiene problem?!? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Debbie1633

I haven’t done the math but I’ve gotten though the video and it’s probably around 1000-1500USD and she has more coming.

This was a fairly tame Nordstrom sale haul by her standards, because most of the individual items were under $100. Back in Joe era and the year after she and Joe first split, each individual piece would be several hundred.

yeah and she only bought one pair of shoes??