Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heretosnoop

Sorry, but this was exactly what I meant by 'wokeflakes' (not you, svdwoodsen). People who think they're SO inclusive, SO aware, SO educated and in fact don't have a bloody clue what they're on about and have no idea about the actual views and experiences of LGBTQ+ people.

For the sake of the thread, I'll shut up now.

I guess this is your idea of being kind?
Yup!

Reactions: 2

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I followed Elle and Miss Louie at around the same time when I was researching for Nordy Anniversary sale. Many years has passed, I'm really impressed with Miss Louie's work ethic and how much her channel has progressed. Yes admittedly she is doing that full-time, but isn't Smelley also doing that full-time now?

Check out Miss Louie's new Nordy video and see how professionally done it is. Makes Smelley's video look like a joke.

Nice find! I'll definitely check her out and that's a generous giveaway. I didn't know bloggers could get their own landing pages on Nordstrom!

MUALover

Chatty Member
I actually followed amie pretty closely a few years ago she and Dan did a q and a where they both specified they came from humble backgrounds. Dan definitely seems like more of a saver compared to aime but they both hustle so when he bought it before he met amie he might have had a big mortgage . Might have been a driver in his need to hustle? I think prior to them doing their own thing they both had good jobs. I know he rented it out for a number of years while they were at the other place so maybe he lucked out a number of years ago?

Either way they are moving out of London based on what she said at the end of the video.
Every youtube "lifestyle guru" claims to be of humble background. Elle claims to be a girl boss and never admits how much her mother is funding her lifestyle. I don't buy it. I googled Amie Rogers and London School of Economics and I think her dad is a doctor. A "Dr. Mark Rogers" appears next to her name in some list.

And I did scroll back on her IG of the 2013 pic of the Tiffany yellow rings that another poster had pointed out. There were two comments on the photo, both of which were her (the other commenter must not exist anymore) and she said it was "a hint for boyfriend", so whoever she dated in 2013 (Chris? or was he later than that) clearly didn't want the hint...
The video where she announced she's moving in with Chris was posted September 2015. Would she have hinted at a ring two years before they moved in together?

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Ooooh I won't get a chance to tune in until later tonight or tomorrow. Remember when watching, OOTD and big hauls like this always have clues about Mr Next. Lots of bare feet? Foot Fetishist. Flannels? Country Music Man. Mentioning how everything was 80% off? Rick.
I forgot the flannels! She did include those ugly Rails plaid shirts that she always buys.

MUALover

Chatty Member
I’m not sure if that’s her dad (it is a pretty common last name) but even if it was, I don’t think Amie’s dad is really involved in her life at all. Her mother walked her down the aisle in her wedding video and I don’t recall any shots with her dad in it. I’m not that familiar with the details there but just my two cents.
That is true. But I still don't believe that Amie is "self-made". She hustles but how effective is her hustling is another issue. Too much of her time is spent shopping, filming, organizing her apartment and things, etc... for her to actually work. Not to mention, their wedding seem pretty lavish and the engagement ring is huge.

Does anyone buy a 3 bed-room condo when single? Maybe a studio or a 1 bedroom. I don't buy their story of how they came from humble backgrounds.

Elle replied to a comment on one of her videos a while back with something like 'having rainy-day savings helps'. Maybe the life update / Revolve haul -video?

Lovely

Chatty Member
The popular picks now seem to be:

1. Eleanor Florence Lecocq: Granny by day, hookin' by night

2. Elle 'Granny Aesthetics' Florence #5: balancing unemployment and the art of scamming

3. Eleanor Florence Lecocq #5: Unlikeable Privileged Rude Karen

I will create the new board soon so please vote if you haven't already!
I don't mind what the thread is called, but I'll vote for 1. Eleanor Florence Lecocq: Granny by day, hookin' by night

MissGlam21

That's so misleading...especially because she called it a Tiffany ring and even put a Tiffany blue box in the background of her photo. But I guess it's not a big stretch from Dicket's "I was in a civil union of sorts that was rendered void and baseless" or whatever bs he said. Those two just can't be genuine.
I don’t remember there ever being a blue Tiffany box in the background of her IG stories/photos to show this.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member

2. Elle 'Granny Aesthetics' Florence #5: balancing unemployment and the art of scamming

Last edited:

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Chase amie posted her apartment tour bc they are moving. Not totally to my taste and I hate how one bedroom is her closet... but it looks so nice and coherent. Sorry for OT just fit in with the convo earlier. And she let her husband have the en suite which is nice considering she has a whole second room and part of the third for her bags. Elle can't even make a small consession
I just saw this and it looks lovely! While I would've wanted a bit more space or a few less things, I find that I generally like everything and it's all very coherent. Big difference from pack rodent Elle's apartment.

lurkingin94123

Chatty Member

Small YouTuber I quite like - Angelique Eva - she’s well spoken, very upbeat, updates frequently & has a curated collection of luxury items which is trendy/in style. She’s also pretty down to earth and weighs the pros/cons + value of each luxury purchase. Also plot twist ! She’s actually German (actually European lol) and speaks English perfectly & never tries to “enhance” her Europeaness

Another chill but actually luxe YouTuber - Alyssa Lenore -

And yet another small luxury YouTuber - bonjour aika - lives with her Husband in Switzerland and has a fantastic luxury collection and good taste while having a really nice demeanour (not showy at all) - - Elle would be so jealous of her life !

Minks4All - another luxury YouTuber with a real chill , down to earth personality

Heyyjune :

I just find it interesting that all of these women have far more extensive luxury collections than Elle and aren’t in the least bit as pretentious as she is. Nor do they have a strange superiority complex over anyone who doesn’t share their passion on luxury.

Luxpurselove is also so cheery and nice and her voice is so pleasantly :) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRKomxS71KM

She’s so happy and pleasant to watch :)
Love that you shared other YTers. Alyssa is a brat who doesn’t spend any time engaging with her audience. It’s buy, buy, buy Chanel and Dior (and return it) without a lot of rhyme or reason outside of being “influenced by ‘the gram’” - 🙄

Reactions: 1

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Thank you, ladies. New thread is up with an updated summary for new gossipers (lots of lurkers recently!):

@Moderator can we close this? Many thanks!