Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Technically, yes, but it’s not unheard of at all in the US (and in many other countries). In my experience, it is more common in the US for people to not take their shoes off, and I would imagine Canada as well.
I think it's more common for people to take shoes off in Canada because we have bad weather in most places - even in British Columbia, where the weather is mild year round, you get constant rain so no one wants to walk around the house with wet shoes! And come to think of it, maybe people from parts of Europe with nicer weather (Mediterranean and Southern Europe) might keeps shoes on as well? My boyfriend grew up in Norway and they always took shoes off cause of the snow.

Reactions: 4

202leda

Small YouTuber I quite like - Angelique Eva - she’s well spoken, very upbeat, updates frequently & has a curated collection of luxury items which is trendy/in style. She’s also pretty down to earth and weighs the pros/cons + value of each luxury purchase. Also plot twist ! She’s actually German (actually European lol) and speaks English perfectly & never tries to “enhance” her Europeaness

Another chill but actually luxe YouTuber - Alyssa Lenore -

And yet another small luxury YouTuber - bonjour aika - lives with her Husband in Switzerland and has a fantastic luxury collection and good taste while having a really nice demeanour (not showy at all) - - Elle would be so jealous of her life !

Minks4All - another luxury YouTuber with a real chill , down to earth personality

Heyyjune :

I just find it interesting that all of these women have far more extensive luxury collections than Elle and aren’t in the least bit as pretentious as she is. Nor do they have a strange superiority complex over anyone who doesn’t share their passion on luxury.

Luxpurselove is also so cheery and nice and her voice is so pleasantly :) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRKomxS71KM

She’s so happy and pleasant to watch :)
I have to be honest, I’m not a fan of any of these women except for Minks4all and even she has been a bit dishonest about her lifestyle....she used to live in a trailer in a non-desirable part of Southern California before people on GG found that out. June I used to like a lot but I found her overconsumption of goods to be very off-putting and she made very weird remarks about her patients in a past video which turned me off instantly. I get a snobbish impression with Alyssa Lenore, too, and I’m surprised so many people love her. It sucks because I’d love to support Asian influencers, esp Southeast Asian ones since I’m also Asian, but I’ve been unable to like any of them.

Elle has sent things to Sophie more than once. I watch Sophie regularly and she does 'mail time' videos every once in awhile where she reads letters and opens gifts people send her (and for which she seems genuinely touched and grateful) and I know she's opened things from Elle. The hilarious thing is that all those letters get sent to a PO Box address that Sophie only collects from every few months, so Elle doesn't even have Sophie's actual home address. :ROFLMAO:
I kinda wonder if Elle wishes she had Sophie’s life. Sophie’s husband is older and makes much more money than she does. Only difference is that Sophie doesn’t take her husband for granted, she isn’t lazy, and while she occasionally lies (but not to the extent like that of Elle), Sophie isn’t a condescending bitch.

Last edited:

LetThemEatLipstick

I personally think it's problematic that she goes around telling viewers that she is a size that she isn't while she lives a fairly unhealthy lifestyle ... we know that Elle is misrepresenting facts.
Agree with you and everyone here. Just want to point out that ELLE is the one perpetuating the size-is-everything stigma, not us. We’re merely calling out that it’s NOT, and it’s perfectly OK to not be a size 2. Based on having been shocked by how shorter people look in real life vs. in video calls, my opinion was that she MAY be less chunky than she looks on camera, and maybe our perception is distorted.
Elle is the one who just won’t admit that she’s not a size 2 (the only time I’ve ever been able to squeeze into a 2 was when I had a years-long ED a decade ago), and has to mention it in EVERY. SINGLE. VIDEO. The problem we have with her isn’t that she’s a size 0.6 or a size 600. It’s that fact that she lies about EVERYTHING. My point was: maybe she isn’t lying about this one... but if history tells us anything, SHE’S LYING 😂.

• Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Weight seems to be touchy subject but I think this topic might be even more so...perhaps we should put a lid on it before it blows up? I doubt Eleanor even knows what this is so it’s completely off topic.

Both @Drasticactions and I have apologized for sharing our weight for the sake of the discussion and potentially offending anyone as a result of it. Eleanor is a poor liar that most of us see through anyways so we’ve probably made our point already. 🤥

MissGlam21

Men escape everything unscathed. But this is a discussion we should probably save for another time. All I am saying is, inclusiveness is great but it goes both ways. If you want to call us womxn, then call men "mxn" too.

Back to Elle, I didn't even know one could privatize instagram posts. Today I learned a new fact!
Elle has a new “Reels” feed where both zoo videos are displayed. Can y’all not see them?

• Wow

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Maybe I'm just used to how suburban great lakes/midwest people decorate but amie's place doesn't look cluttered to me. One of my old classmates/coworker always shares photos of her house (and gets so many positive comments of it looking like a magazine) and it is big place but there is something crammed into every corner and every bit of furniture is full as well. With Rae Dunn everything everywhere. In comparison amie's living room looks Spartan to me.
May just be style and preferences then! I seem to hang out with a crowd where we all decorate our places in Japanese or Scandinavian styles and place a strong value on open space so most apartments and houses look crowded to me, haha. I would also never get something like Rae Dunn items but I think my style is probably very particular, because I don't like words or brand names written on any of my items, other than what's unavoidable but even then I'd want it in more hidden location.

I do like Amie's place and the aesthetic is very nice overall. She definitely has less random knick-knacks than Smelley and everything goes together. I do like Elle's kitchen better, because it seems like a place where you actually cook in, whereas Amie's kitchen looks more like a place where you occasionally make a sandwich or cup of coffee in but it's takeout most nights.

Last edited:

greenbear

VIP Member
Agree with you and everyone here. Just want to point out that ELLE is the one perpetuating the size-is-everything stigma, not us. We’re merely calling out that it’s NOT, and it’s perfectly OK to not be a size 2. Based on having been shocked by how shorter people look in real life vs. in video calls, my opinion was that she MAY be less chunky than she looks on camera, and maybe our perception is distorted.
Elle is the one who just won’t admit that she’s not a size 2 (the only time I’ve ever been able to squeeze into a 2 was when I had a years-long ED a decade ago), and has to mention it in EVERY. SINGLE. VIDEO. The problem we have with her isn’t that she’s a size 0.6 or a size 600. It’s that fact that she lies about EVERYTHING. My point was: maybe she isn’t lying about this one... but if history tells us anything, SHE’S LYING 😂.
she is defo lying there is no way she is a real size 2, that would make her a 24 inch waist and there is NO way

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know the first video in which Elle says "321"? In England Vlog 2 Chris films her and says "321, Go". Maybe she got it from him? Or did she do it before?
I don't know when they started dating, or if this is the first video where she does that, but this is the earliest I can remember:

ccc123000

Chatty Member
who can forget his face when she called him "The love of her life"
I didn't watch any videos with Dickles in it. I thought he was ultra creepy. Does this video still exist in our "archive" somewhere? Now I'm curious!

greenbear

VIP Member
Man I can’t keep up with this board. Hah

a few things...

Isn’t there a saying, “marry rich and pay for it your whole life”.. haha. Anyway, yeah much better to be able to stand on your own two feet in any relationship.

Whoever said the big issue is her self congratulatory girl bossing— yes that’s exactly it!!! I also cannot believe she is just getting started with investing. Anyone reading this right now: if you are not saving and investing you are MISSING OUT!!!! Every little bit counts and the compounding over time is amazing. Growing from 0-10k will be hard but trust me, it snowballs. Going from $10k to 20 will be much easier and so on and so forth. Too bad we are likely ending our decade of bull markets but still it’s impossible to predict when exactly shit will hit the fan or how that shit will hit. Therefore, as they say, “time in the market is better than timing the market” so better to get in. And stick with VTI unless you know what you’re doing.

Elle is a habitual liar but I do believe Elle fits into size 2s, depending on brand. I range from 130-133, 5’5 and wear everlane size 2 jeans for example. I can’t do size 2 in all brands but most US brands it’s not a problem. US sizing, especially with how much stretch everything has, is just soooo variable depending on body shape. That said, I prefer a looser fit in most things and will take a size 4 in bottoms (skinny jeans not withstanding but who even really wears those much these days). I also regularly will take tops in L bc I like oversized tops even though US smalls fit perfectly fine. Elle seems to prefer to be fully encased at all times. Therefore, from the way clothes fit and her preferred style of dress, I do believe she squeezes herself into size 0-2s. She’s not with the times though. That look is not hot.

anyway not that it matters. Point is, she looks terrible most of the time.
lol love the last sentence

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Like the previous poster mentioned,
Belgium passport from her mother
US passport since she was born in New York
Canadian - she got naturalized there
I am actually surprised that she hasn’t claimed an Italian and French passport yet.

All these opportunities available yet wasted on a person who’s only mission in life is finding a guy to marry.
I don't think she can claim French if her father doesn't acknowledge paternity and file for French citizenship for her, since it sounds like him and Ginette weren't married and he didn't want to be involved with her in any way. Not sure if she can get Italian through the grandmother on Ginette's side.

Greenthumb30

Oddly enough, I had watched a very old video of Elle's someone had linked awhile ago (it's a Christmas one where she's wrapping presents and answering some personal questions). In it, I think she mentions (completely unrelated to any ring since this was long before that) that 8 is a special number to her. So, then, it would seem to be too much of a coincidence if it was also special to her and Rick as a couple. What is 8? The number of times he DM'd her before she finally answered?

Yeah, I'm an in-house counsel and outside counsel always handle litigation, as well as lots of specialized matters. I never wanted to be in court, so it works for me. Once, my boss and I were just handling a city ticket at a hearing and my boss with tons of experience didn't even know how to fill out the simple court form the clerk gave us. Then, she proceeded to talk to me while other cases were going on even though we were sitting right in front of the judge. I think he called our case next because he could deduce which case we were and wanted to get us out of there. So, it's conceivable that the tasks Elle did were similar to the sorts of tasks an in-house lawyer would tackle. It's just not true for her to say she was in-house counsel since she did have a different job than the attorneys where she worked.
Very interesting! What are the main areas that in house counsel handle on a day to day basis? Is it more focused on providing legal advice to the corporation on a day to day basis? Contracts, negotiations?

MUALover

Chatty Member
Chase Amie's apartment requires constant tidying up and cleaning. Because any "lived-in" look would make the apartment look messy. It's really unrealistic for any young couple. Most young couples in their apartment uses hand-me downs, not $2000 sofas.

I think a much more realistic apartment is this: ballerina from Miami Ballet's apartment in Miami.