Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Drasticactions

VIP Member
This was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen. She also then puts it in a kitchen drawer... like next to scotch tape and spare batteries (pure conjecture, that’s what’s in my kitchen drawers 😂)??

10:20

I chalked it up as a “white people” quirk, like leaving butter on a plate on the counter under a little ceramic cover labelled “BUTTER”, and wearing outdoor shoes inside the house (my non-white family would NEVER 😂), but now that you’re bringing this up, maybe it’s not just simply a white person thing? Perhaps it’s a New Yorker / Canadian / Italian / Belgian / French thing?
LOL I'm white but my family always takes our shoes off inside . Like I walk around in public restrooms in my shoes why would I drag that filth into my house? And you can't sanitize carpet well either. Esp since it rains and snows a lot I couldn't imagine it at all. Maybe warmer places where everyone doesn't have carpet it works out better? I also keep butter in the fridge (and peanut butter but my bf says that's weird) but my bf's family leaves butter out which grosses me out. If I'm not putting bread in the fridge I leave it in a sealed container or zip top bag, I really didnt understand the bread in a drawer thing at all.

Reactions: 5

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Personally if Elle developed jock itch, I’d laugh my ass off 😂
In her case, it'd be lazy/dirty itch. We all know #girlboss doesn't really exercise (eye-fucking herself in the mirror during barre at the Vancouver Club doesn't count). :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

MUALover

Chatty Member
the brands she wears are very forgiving and for sure vanity size I speak from experience.
Its so strange to lie about your size..whats the big deal if you are a UK 8-10??
Its ok to not be a size 2 Elle.
I doubt Elle is even UK 8-10. I lived in UK for years and I was a size 10 and I was skinnier than Elle. I think she's size 12 UK.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Maybe she's trying to do a Coleen Rooney? (For non-UK people, Coleen Rooney is the wife of a famous footballer who smoked out another footballer's wife who was apparently selling stories about her by posting fake stories that only certain people on Instagram could see and then waiting to see which ones made it into the newspapers.)
Coleen and Wayne’s marriage looks like a hot mess but Smelley isn’t nearly as important. What’s she gonna do, call out someone’s burner account in IG stories? Make a crying YouTube video while lying through her teeth? 😆

• Haha

Lovely

Chatty Member
Chase Amie reminds me a lot of Elle. But Chase Amie suffers from some perfectionistic personality disorder rather than Narcissism like Elle.

Chase Amie is very intellectually smart (like Elle) and got very high grades (honours) at London School of Economics. So they both have book smarts. Both are decently good looking and both are shopaholics.

Chase Amie makes big luxury purchases, is always shopping, and travels first class, etc. But if you dig deeper, her life unravels. Chase Amie lives in a small London apartment that she rents. She downgraded her digs. She and Dan owns a small $hitty car. She lost her day job at PR firm and works on her company she started with her husband. This company runs a App that allows gym teachers to sign in at various gyms - I'm assuming with Covid-19 the company isn't doing well. She is like Elle who never really lived up to her potential.

If Chase Amie was so successful, why is she in a rented 2-bedroom flat in by her own admission, not the nicest part of London? Why is her kitchen so small? Surely if she spent all that money on handbags on a downpayment, she'd be better off.

Also Chase Amie dresses to the nines in luxury brands to go to a burger joint (this was in her Christmas blog). A burger joint. I'm sure everyone else was there in jeans and sneakers.
Interesting! I didn't know a lot of this as I haven't watched that many of her videos and I don't know anything about her life. I like her general style, although I did notice that it's all a bit same-y. That's not a huge issue for now, but it would probably start to bore me after awhile.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Here’s something interesting...

Yesterday Elle posted a private Instagram post. Shared to only specific followers of hers. You can tell because it’s not shown on her main page. A few of my several finstas 😇 were “invited” to this private showing of camera panning around a zoo, then at a millisecond shot of her legs propped up on a coffee table at the end 🤢 (I confirmed by checking each device, some could view the post, one couldn’t). She’s trying to smoke us out to determine which of her followers are still starry-eyed Stans, and which of them are posters here. I’ll just create some new finstas once she catches on to which are mine. It’s kind of sad that of the 200 or so “likes” she has on the post from Stans, a handful of them were from me.

View attachment 204167
Sneaky! Does that mean she set random accounts to “close friends” and shared a story only to those accounts? She was always thin skinned judging by how quickly she deletes any comments that are even the least bit critical/questioning but I’m surprised she’s putting in so much effort to figure out the identity of gossipers!

Phoebe.Tallulah

Eww!! She has really bad taste in shoes and NO styling ability whatsoever!! Her version of "classic fashion" always looks old fashioned.
Elle, just because you claim to LOVE fashion does not mean you do it well lol!

• Heart

LetThemEatLipstick

The lying about little things that don't matter, and being braggy annoys the crap out of me. But, the freezing jeans and letting her cat walk on her counters, putting bread in a tea towel just grosses me out so much.
This was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen. She also then puts it in a kitchen drawer... like next to scotch tape and spare batteries (pure conjecture, that’s what’s in my kitchen drawers 😂)??

10:20

I chalked it up as a “white people” quirk, like leaving butter on a plate on the counter under a little ceramic cover labelled “BUTTER”, and wearing outdoor shoes inside the house (my non-white family would NEVER 😂), but now that you’re bringing this up, maybe it’s not just simply a white person thing? Perhaps it’s a New Yorker / Canadian / Italian / Belgian / French thing?

• Haha

Seagal

You know what, in that video she seemed reasonably normal and mostly unaffected. And she looked pretty natural and quite nice before she put on all that makeup. I don't know how long ago that video was filmed, but what happened? (OK, I think that's a rhetorical question - we've definitely hashed out what happened to her but honestly, why didn't she just stay this way?)

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I wish I could fit into an 8! I'm a pretty solid 10-12 myself, so I know Elle is totally lying since we have similar body shapes (although I'm a bit curvier and I have calves!). There is really no point in Elle lying about her size since it's so bloody obvious she isn't what she claims to be...maybe she thinks everyone watching has eyes as dodgy as hers (cheap shot, I know :censored:).
I think it’s definitely a combination of genetics (the women on my dad’s side are all rail thin...my grandmother is 90 pounds!) but I also eat way less dairy and sugar than most people around me, so a somewhat restrictive diet and working out is part of it as well. I think as I get older and before I have children, I want to be around a size 8 to 10 because being too thin also makes you look old (those ultra skinny relatives also have pretty horsey faces 🤣).

Elle’s legs look so bad. Can’t tell if she skips leg day or she’s just genetically very heavy in the middle. Can you get more calf definition even if you’re prone to chicken legs with the right exercises?

Yep, and she mentioned her Kwiat studs because we talked about how she overpaid for them and has shitty diamond jewelry. 😂 I didn’t know she upgraded her studs already but I wonder if she’s lying since she didn’t even show a closeup of them (the inset video was of her old .50 ctw studs).

This is going to sound really pretentious on my part, but I hate the sizing here in the US. European sizing is much more consistent because it doesn’t cater to vanity sizing. When clothes don’t fit you just size up and take it to the tailor. It’s not a big deal. I’m sure Elle would freak out at the idea of having to wear UK size 10 when she insists she is a UK size 4-6 since she is a size 0-2 in the United States. 😂

Also I’m not sure if you remember but she did say in an old, old video (when she was dating Chris) she wears UK size 8, although she wasn’t as curvy then as she is now.
She’s a liar - what stores and brands in North America call a size 0 or 2 is much closer to a UK size 6 or 8. XS or XXS is basically size 8 or 6.

I’m sure some Europeans brands do vanity sizing as well? I wear a UK 6 or XS in Zara and H&M very comfortably but for more high street or luxury brands, I’m closer to a UK 8 and I’m twenty pounds less than Elle and three inches taller.

202leda

Her body type is weird...when she is starving herself she is still soft but looks gaunt in the face, if that makes sense? And now that she is her normal size she looks rubenesque because she doesn’t wear her correct size. Anyway, I’m sure if she wore her true size she’d look much better and thinner/taller, which we all know she is desperate to achieve.

thecatlass

VIP Member
For some reason every youtube guru ends up losing their day jobs. I never understood that.

I didn't know what Wish.com was. Haha.

Chase Amie's dad is not in her life either. But she doesn't have men problems. At least she doesn't act girly around Dan and behaves like a mature adult. Amie is actually very considerate of Dan - she does the decorations, cooking, cleaning around the house. Their apartment isn't cluttered with junk. She makes sure they get home early from her birthday celebrations so Dan can watch his soccer highlights.
Ummm... I wouldn't say that's considerate, sounds more like a slavery to me 😏 Does this Dan guy do anything around the house then?

• Haha

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I just noticed the berries part - I actually say it this way as well (emphasis on the first part, and the rest kind of rolls together into bury or burries) so I'll give her a pass there, haha. I believe some people in the American midwest say it this was as well so it's more of a regional thing (correct me if I'm wrong about this - I feel like the closest accent to the generic Canadian one is the Midwest.)
I agree with this. Every time my partner and I go to Toronto (we don't have this problem in Montreal) people don't realize we are Americans . And I think it is bc of our accent I think the cleveland accent, and Wisconsin/ Minnesota area accents sound more Canadian than just the generic great lakes/Midwest accent.

greenbear

VIP Member
Funny, I’ve never been one to care much about my bra size. I think some small chested women look beautiful because of their small chest. I also think a larger chest can look good. It all depends on how they look on one’s particular frame. Shape, I think, is also important. That said, I don’t find Elle flashing her cleavage the least bit attractive. She shouldn’t have any qualms about her breast size —they are fine. But please dress appropriately, woman! You nearly always look trashy, at best.
This, its the baby doll dresses her look is so so dated

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Maybe I'm just used to how suburban great lakes/midwest people decorate but amie's place doesn't look cluttered to me. One of my old classmates/coworker always shares photos of her house (and gets so many positive comments of it looking like a magazine) and it is big place but there is something crammed into every corner and every bit of furniture is full as well. With Rae Dunn everything everywhere. In comparison amie's living room looks Spartan to me.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member

For reference, behind her is the dresser with multiple designer shoes on it and at least 10 bottles of designer perfumes. So dirty, tacky and ugly.
I'm offended by how fugly the shoes are. :cry: If I owned those (never in a million years!), I'd send them straight to Goodwill. They would definitely NOT be hanging out on my dresser wtf.

202leda

It’s kinda nauseating to think that during Elle’s height people liked/admired her and wanted to be friends with her when she was basically rude and snobby and had very empty ambitions. Kinda sad that people still feel for her even after she attempted to steal from local Seattlites. Wake up, people, find other people to admire and hope for. 🙄

Annie_HTX

LOL that name...🤔 I bet they were all thrilled when Meghan Markle married Prince Harry and became a “duchess.” She seems to have launched the business post that royal wedding.

Maybe my social circle is just really old-fashioned but I don’t know any aspiring influencers and anyone that is an “entrepreneur” is someone who actually has a product, and has been supported by an angel investor or gone through series A/B/C funding and none of us hang out at Vancouver Club esque places (seems stuffy and like it’s for old people or wannabe Stepford Wives), have a “squad name” such as The Dolls, or refer to ourselves as girl bosses. Just seems like a really weird crowd and like they’re trying way too hard.

Also if you're talking about who I think you're talking about, her husband seems to have graduated college in 1991 according to his Linkedin while her Linkedin says 2011. Doesn't that mean they're 20 years apart?!? And I thought Rickets was old! :oops:
And if you're talking about who I think you're talking about (LOL!), I think this is the couple that owns the house on the water where Elle had her engagement "party." I think they also own the boat for those annual "Dolls" boat parties that Elle missed out on this year. And yes you're right, there's quite an age difference. There are a few pictures of them on her company's IG page and he does look at least 15-20 years older than her.

• Wow