Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MissGlam21

I remember seeing lots of Tiffany’s packaging in her videos throughout the years (I’m 99% certain she keeps the pouches and maybe she kept some boxes as well? I wouldn’t be surprised). Putting that box in the background was her not so subtle way of trying to hint that her ring came from there I guess. I’m more shocked that she tagged Tiffany and Co in her story though...how tacky!

Ok that makes more sense, and why we’d all be a bit mixed up about it without receipts. Putting a box strategically into a video or post to give off a certain impression definitely seems like something Smelley would do! We’ve seen her hint at Special Someone numerous times during that era before he dumped her, and didn’t people first spot Dickets in a FaceTime video she had in the background of a vlog? She is so manipulative and desperate to get people talking about her.
Yes, there are a few seconds of a clip that Elle ”forgot” to mute in her What I Eat In A Day Pasta video where she and Rick were FaceTiming/on speaker.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I can't decide if Smelley has bad taste or no taste. The way she creates and combines everything from her home decor to her clothing to her jewlery designs are completely incongruent. It's like she just wakes up each day, buys whatever strikes her fancy at that particular moment, and then puts it all together but everything clashes. Like the ladies mentioned earlier, her shoe collection is ugly/designer on sale/grandma/hooker/weird designs and colors all at the same time. Occasionally she'll have something that I think is quite nice (I like her West Elm? cinema style floor lamp and those olive oil and vinegar dispensers) but none of that really goes with the rest of her stuff either.

Sheepsmeadow

I just saw the photo. I think bueno/malo can be before or after a noun, actually. Doesn’t make him less of an idiot, though. 😂
Exactly. There are some adjectives that can go before the noun in certain contexts, so there’s nothing grammatically wrong with what he said. Nonetheless, he’s still creepy AF, pedantic and annoying.

greenbear

VIP Member
You're right, she's explicitly stated she doesn't have issues with weight but she won't stop doubling down on this particular lie (it's there again in her most recent video) and it's why we've been discussing it. I remember there was a period of time on GG where people wouldn't stop talking about her fake lawyer situation, because Smelley brought it up in every other vlog, saying how people were bullying her and emphasizing how she worked a real lawyer job when she didn't. Some people definitely got annoyed because it felt like the same issues were being rehashed but given it's a gossip thread that actively gets new participants and lurkers, imho, it's fair to hold her accountable and make sure that things don't get lost in the shuffle.

I apologize in advance to anyone if they personally feel triggered by any of these discussions - I don't think anyone here is saying there's anything wrong with not being a size 0 or 2. We are simply emphasizing this because of Elle's LYING and it's been her focus recently. You'll notice that she now calls herself a young professional instead of lawyer after all the questions she got there and this thread along with GG is probably a large reason that she wasn't able to scam Seattle locals on Daily Hive because people saw what we were writing and started questioning her behavior. I personally think it's problematic that she goes around telling viewers that she is a size that she isn't while she lives a fairly unhealthy lifestyle (bad hygiene, diet overloaded with cheese and carbs, minimal exercise) - she has a lot of impressionable, young just out of college subscribers and saying stuff like this will make them feel inadequate (i.e. Why can't I be size 0-2 with minimal exercise, unhealthy eating habits, a #girlboss, business owner, lawyer, etc..?) when we know that Elle is misrepresenting facts. It’s the equivalent of models who claim they eat a lot of fast food, never exercise, and that “they’re just born this way.” It may be true in their case (often isn’t), but that kind of statement can be toxic for people who look up to them.
its just lies with more lies

Sheepsmeadow

I’m so glad someone else remember seeing this as well, and I wasn’t going crazy. 😆 I feel like she dropped a lot of random hints about it being from Tiffany’s, like the post with the Tiffany box, the screenshot the ladies had above, and did she also mention it in the now deleted engagement video?
No, I don’t recall her mentioning where the ring was from in any video. Regarding the box, I think someone spotted what looked like a Tiffany’s box in the background of a video and it seemed like it had been deliberately placed, but other than the screenshot shared, there was never any mention of Tiffany’s or any box on her Instagram.

MUALover

Chatty Member
I honestly feel Elle shops because (1) her mother is funding her, and spoiling her (2) for boredom, (3) to fill a void in her life, (4) because she can. She is a hoarder and has way to much stuff. She needs to Marie Condo her belonging and realize that the void in her life is due to her lack of career, which stems from her laziness. And no man would marry a woman who doesn't pull her own weight. It's the same thing at work as in relationships - you're judged by how useful you are.

On Elle's Linkin recommendations, she says her mother has been trying to sell her house in Victoria on and off for 10 years because there is a parking lot to the back of her childhood house so a lot of buyers are put off. I'm thinking neither Ginette nor Elle have the best judgement.

• Heart

Drasticactions

VIP Member
The audio quality is always sooo bad, Elle you need an external Mic. You can get a good one for about 100 bucks. I just can't stand how fuzzy her voice sounds in her videos

MissGlam21

The popular picks now seem to be:

1. Eleanor Florence Lecocq: Granny by day, hookin' by night

2. Elle 'Granny Aesthetics' Florence #5: balancing unemployment and the art of scamming

3. Eleanor Florence Lecocq #5: Unlikeable Privileged Rude Karen

I will create the new board soon so please vote if you haven't already!
I vote for #2

Behindthescreens

OMG, right at 00:50 she says “My face makeup is basically done” and I thought, oh, good, she’s wearing a decent amount of makeup for once! Little did I know she was only referring to her foundation and would proceed to pile on tons of glittery eyeshadow, black eyeliner, clown blush, and bright fuchsia lipstick! And she says this is what she wore to work, of all places, every single day! Very classy, Elle! 🙀
Not only is the amount of makeup she piles on gross, it shocks me that she actually takes the time to pile all that on every single day of her life, or so it seems? I skip eyeshadow, eyeliner, and foundation for my everyday makeup look, not only because I don’t think I need it, but also because why the hell would I want to waste precious time in the morning putting on all that makeup? Much rather get a few more minutes of sleep, thank you very much.
Priorities 🙌

Katrina_AK_0099

He'd be dragged to some miserable posh luncheon with passive aggressive bitchy Vancouver socialites.
Great description of The Dolls ™, honestly. I know some GG ladies were praising some of the Dolls who are #girlboss goals and wearing new Chanel pieces and Instagramming about their sangria-soaked weekends at the cottage. Which is fine, but really not that important. With everything that's happened in the last few months, I just can't be bothered with all the fakeness that comes from people, like Elle and The Dolls™, who preen and curate their life for social media.

I can't recall if Joe ever met the Dolls? I think Elle was maybe a tiny bit embarrassed by Joe and his -- sorry, just being very frank here -- baldness and somewhat dry and dull personality? I am being really harsh, I know, but from what we saw he didn't seem like the most talkative or engaging person. I think she is so insecure that she hid him away from those posh events at the Vancouver Club.

boredstrom

VIP Member
Oh good, Elle treats us all to some very obvious cues for when she is about to embellish/exaggerate by touching her hair / breaking eye contact:

1:13
9:17
11:00
15:30

She does this every time she says something she knows isn’t true. Why even do it if you’re just going to give away that you’re lying?
Hmmmm, and she has access to a ton of her mom's money. Brb inviting Elle to a high stakes poker game.

• Haha

greenbear

VIP Member
Sneaky! Does that mean she set random accounts to “close friends” and shared a story only to those accounts? She was always thin skinned judging by how quickly she deletes any comments that are even the least bit critical/questioning but I’m surprised she’s putting in so much effort to figure out the identity of gossipers!
"close friends" now that is funny

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
My mom always told me something I'll never forget: In life (work, relationships, etc...), there isn't anything as free lunch. 😎 I live by this rule and make all my decisions based on this premise.

If Elle thinks finding a man who will treat her well while she doesn't give anything back, she needs to think again. Because she has been used and dumped by so many men in the last 2 years that I'd be embarrassed if I were her.
She does seem to take advantage of the men financially while she’s with them (how else can you explain her influx of hauls and spending when she’s coupled up?). But I agree she’s wasting her time and it must be traumatizing to get dumped continuously.

Ladies I just found a new style you tuber online she seems really great and actually has professional looking videos. She also focuses on slow fashion as she terms it meaning you find new ways to style what you have and thoughtfully buy. Alyssa Beltempo is her name.
Also on the Elle front I need to say the rust color paper bag pants are suppose to bagger, they are a loose style you should be able to sit down in them and not have the seams reinforced to wear them. Elle hunny we know you read her and I am hear to say we don’t care what size you are and in fact would respect you more if you were honest and said I am whatever size single and whatever size when I have a man trapped. So many people where commenting they wanted sizes as a reference for how it would fit on them and so they will stop watching when they realize that the sizing advice is fake.
I can stand fakeness and airs, I come from the own your shit mentality so maybe that is why I find Elle so off putting. It’s ok to screw up it’s ok to hit rock bottom but it is not ok to dwell there having a Pitts party.
Elle you love teen age girl terms so do a glow up series and get your shit figured out!

LetThemEatLipstick

Can someone enlighten me on what's weird about the butter thing lol because I thought that was normal? We do that at home and also keep it in the fridge sometimes (usually unsalted) and when it's hot indoors cause it gets messy.

Outdoor shoes inside is definitely a North American thing more than anything else - my European boyfriend was pretty horrified when he first saw that ahaha. We do it less here though because the weather is often bad (i.e. snowy) for at least half the year and no one wants to track slush and mud indoors.
Lol nothing weird about either, just thought it was a white people thing because no one in my culture would do it. I mean, it’s sold in the refrigerated section, so maybe that’s why we always keep it in the fridge? The shoes thing makes sense because where my parents grew up, bathrooms are giant squat holes and your shoes are always walking through spit, dirt, children’s pee and poop, and your own & strangers’ pee splash from squatting. Doesn’t happen as much in NA, but that’s just how they grew up.

ETA: I’m almost 30 but my mother would still beat me if she saw me walking with outdoor shoes on in my house in NA that I OWN 😂.

• Wow

LuvYoutube

What is Elle saying in the instastory.....I have no sound on it? Is she compensating for the mask by exaggerating blinking her eyes?

• Haha

notsoposh

VIP Member
Not sure if this is mentioned, in one of videos (Furmas?) that’s was listed here. She mentions renewing her Belgian passport with biometrics.
So she’s a US, Canadian and Belgium citizen. Maybe that’s why the being European claim? Also it wouldn’t have been expensive for her to study in UK being part of EU.

• Heart