Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Drasticactions

VIP Member
@LetThemEatLipstick looking like a sausage, lmao. 🤣🤣

To give Elle the benefit of the doubt (not much, tho, I’m just being nice), it’s very possible she’s in between sizes so she opts for the smaller size. That said I’d rather pick a different brand that fits or if it’s well made I SIZE UP and have it taken in at the tailors.
This! If one size is a bit too snug but the next size up is huge or makes me look weird I just don't buy those pants/shirt whatever it is instead of trying ti make it work. And generally i just skip that brand in the future if it happens a few times. And it could be a petite thing too. I'm 5'4" but a lot of petite stuff is too short in the arms or too small in the shoulders or just too short in the legs since I'm right on the edge. But some misses/womens items just look like I stole my mom"s clothes. So I mostly shop juniors since that tends to look better on me. Elle just is trying to make clothes that don't work for her, work for her.

Reactions: 5

SJStyle

I love Canna Campbell! At the very least, Elle is aware enough to recommend Canna to others. This may be slightly off topic, but I commented on Canna's instagram asking about her obvious deep interest in Italy (Canna mentioned in past videos that she was learning Italian, her dogs have Italian names - Giuseppe and Sofia - and her children having Italian names - Rocco and Francesca - but Canna and her partner don't seem to be Italian) and she totally shut me down saying her viewers only want finance and minimalism so basically she's never going to address the Italian thing. The answer might be as simple as her ex-husband was Italian, or she just studied abroad there once, but then why not say so? Canna also has a bad habit of staring into the view finder when she films videos on her own, but otherwise she's lovely and her content is spot on.

• Wow

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
She buys the same things at every sale. I didn’t even bother watching the video. I just fast forwarded through most of it. Can someone watch it and tally up how much she spent?? It must have put a dent in mommy’s wallet.

the part about buying the giant jo Malone hand soaps irked me so much. Her regular hand soap bottle looked small next to her sink so that is why she wanted to get the giant jo Malone??? When you want something and not have to worry about how much money it is because you have mommy to bankroll your shopaholic tendency, you can come up with any reasoning for any purchase.
I haven’t done the math but I’ve gotten though the video and it’s probably around 1000-1500USD and she has more coming.

This was a fairly tame Nordstrom sale haul by her standards, because most of the individual items were under $100. Back in Joe era and the year after she and Joe first split, each individual piece would be several hundred.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick

Sheepsmeadow

This was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen. She also then puts it in a kitchen drawer... like next to scotch tape and spare batteries (pure conjecture, that’s what’s in my kitchen drawers 😂)??

10:20

I chalked it up as a “white people” quirk, like leaving butter on a plate on the counter under a little ceramic cover labelled “BUTTER”, and wearing outdoor shoes inside the house (my non-white family would NEVER 😂), but now that you’re bringing this up, maybe it’s not just simply a white person thing? Perhaps it’s a New Yorker / Canadian / Italian / Belgian / French thing?
Outdoor shoes inside are not unheard of in the US, and I’d imagine Canada, and it doesn’t have to do with race, just with culture. The butter thing is more French, but also not unheard of.
ETA: No clue about what she does with the bread. That is weird to me.

202leda

Even though this was several years ago and the video quality is worse, Elle’s skin wasn’t as bad then as it is now. Her eye bags weren’t as bad and her cheeks aren’t rough.

Like I said, I know some people struggle with their skin tone, but Elle destroyed her skin on her own.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I wouldn't consider Barbour luxury – it's a very accessible brand that lots of people in the UK wear. It's totally middle-class IMO (which is fine!). I can imagine Elle prattling on about how she discovered lots of luxury British brands while she was at university in England. You know, back when it was European. :rolleyes:
Thank you ladies for the clarification (not a Brit here, grew up wearing Barbour and tumbling in the mud in them so wasn't sure WTF Eleanor was going on about)! Looks like just another one of her Elle-isms. In any case, I feel like an actual Barbour is probably way better quality than her Halogen knockoff. I don't own any Sweaty Betty (Canadian and been a devout Lululemon fan since their Made in Canada days) - is it any good? I thought the jacket looked ok but wasn't super flattering.

Behindthescreens

Not sure about your city but where I live in Europe, even if you were to move in with a partner, you can let out your place and the rent you'd get from your tenant would not only cover your monthly mortgage payment but you'd also have some cash left to keep. The property price appreciation is crazy as well so if she decided to sell even after 3 years, she would have made some profit.
It's true. I'm looking to buy a house here in the States, but if I move down the road, I want to rent out the first home. It's not entirely passive income, but it's good income.

Hold on... She is now stringing pearls for those chains that grannies put on their reading glasses to always have them near? 😂 😂 😂 she's so targeting boomer demographics that she should change her channel name to GrannyElle.
That's what my money's on. Honestly, there's no creativity in it. Yeah, I might use one for my glasses, but I'd never pay her prices. Plus her "design" style doesn't match my aesthetic.

Last edited:

Behindthescreens

I agree with this. Every time my partner and I go to Toronto (we don't have this problem in Montreal) people don't realize we are Americans . And I think it is bc of our accent I think the cleveland accent, and Wisconsin/ Minnesota area accents sound more Canadian than just the generic great lakes/Midwest accent.
That could be. I have friends from the northern states, and it can be hard to tell their accents apart from those of my BC friends initially.

greenbear

VIP Member
The audio quality is always sooo bad, Elle you need an external Mic. You can get a good one for about 100 bucks. I just can't stand how fuzzy her voice sounds in her videos
its her sinuses, she needs antihistamines

Remember she has a tutorial teaching people how to hand wash her cashmere? I think that was the first time I questioned her profession. Because none of the professionals working in a high-stress job that I know has that kind of time to hand wash their cashmere... People don't mind paying extra for dry cleaning if they don't have a lot of time for chores and also dont have 200 cashmere sweaters to wash.
she is oddly mean on spending on stuff like this

• Haha

MUALover

Chatty Member
Yeah but back on track to what? Spending her Mom's money while dating men who decide they can't marry her after 2 years? That track hasn't really helped her much.
I think Elle needs to move back to Vancouver, buckle down and find another job. Dating around is fine but don't be so desperate. Read The Rules and Why Men Marry / Love B*tches.

Stubbssie

Unrelated to Elle, but: This "challenge accepted" crap and the subsequent moralistic pushback is so stupid to me. The "originated in Turkey" theory has since been debunked. It is utterly meaningless, and nobody's business what some women choose to post on their social media while interacting with their friends. I wish we could stop policing women's fun.

• Heart
  • Wow

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
There was a scene at the patio makeover when Elle and Joe were still together - of Joe filming Elle sitting on the patio. She was laying down and you can see her crotch (granted she was wearing leggings). I knew their relationship was over then and there. Girl, where is your self respect?
That reminds me of her breakup video, when they’re sitting on a patio and having beer, and Smelley is giggling like a maniac and reminding Joe that “you better remember, it’s coming up again” in regards to their anniversary. Poor Joe looked like he had just had a “bad root canal.” 😆👀

Lovely

Chatty Member
Weight seems to be touchy subject but I think this topic might be even more so...perhaps we should put a lid on it before it blows up? I doubt Eleanor even knows what this is so it’s completely off topic.
Sorry, but this was exactly what I meant by 'wokeflakes' (not you, svdwoodsen). People who think they're SO inclusive, SO aware, SO educated and in fact don't have a bloody clue what they're on about and have no idea about the actual views and experiences of LGBTQ+ people.

For the sake of the thread, I'll shut up now.
LOL I wasn't suggesting anything. I have never in my life assumed anyone's gender or sexual orientation so fuck off 😘 stop trying to stir up shit. You bore me
I guess this is your idea of being kind?

• Heart

202leda

Ricks most recent insta photo is great. Poor Spanish grammar (Rick bueno/buena is after the word it is describing!! Mr know It all must have done Google translate. Y comida my buena would be more correct). And it looks like he has that poor family held hostage.

He seem to use other people to show how interesting he is. But really he seems like a bore, you can be boring and still know interesting people. Maybe he's trying to make Elle jealous "look I've got an exotic Columbian family now"
I just saw the photo. I think bueno/malo can be before or after a noun, actually. Doesn’t make him less of an idiot, though. 😂

LetThemEatLipstick

Elle has a new “Reels” feed where both zoo videos are displayed. Can y’all not see them?
OH WAIT, is that what this is? It’s in another tab, not her main grid, right? My boomer / conspiracy theorist is showing...

ETA: OK, now I get it. All my burner accounts can view these “reels” in her account, they weren’t specially selected for privatized content. If you go to her account, it’s in the second tab, between her main grid and her tagged photos.

Last edited: