Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

boredstrom

VIP Member
I believe the tennis bracelet was a Christmas present, not a milestone present. Even then, I remember people hoping that he would gift her an engagement ring; I’m sure she was hoping too.

It’s sad she still wears that bracelet as if it were an expensive/sentimental piece but it’s not. I wear costume jewelry myself but even I couldn’t wear that. It is just a painful reminder that my ex was being cheap and left me several months later.
yeah I think you're right, the whole clasp debacle was covered in a vlogmas so that matches an xmas/birthday timeline.

The whole thing is nuts. I think in a lot of corners of Elle's mind she's still strolling through Pacific Centre on her lunch break from work contemplating where Joe is going to take her for dinner that night if he can get an hour away from his job making money for her to blow through. I think those parts of her brain let out a nice sigh of contentment every time she puts on the bracelet.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Katrina_AK_0099

Do any of you ladies know why My Daily Sweet deleted all her content?
Like other said, she saw gossip about herself and then panicked and deleted everything.

Natalie (My Daily Sweet) had a thread on Gurugossip where ladies critiqued her gaudy style, bragging ways, and consumerist tendencies. They called out her ignorance in attending her lectures with a Chanel bag and Hermes scarf while her fellow graduate students were in backpacks and sneakers. She made a video where she said the Notre Dame fire in Paris was terrible because she had to stay in her hotel room and couldn't get pictures to celebrate completing her first year! Tacky as hell.

Someone revealed that she quit her Big Law corporate job -- she actually had a job similar to Joe's! -- to go back to university and get a PhD in human resources psychology or something like that. They also speculated on her income sources and parental support -- she had a super fancy wedding and tons of designer goods (purchased new and in-season from Chanel, Gucci, Celine, etc.) but her apartment was old and small and she didn't seem to do much but shop and vlog.

Natalie joined GG and said that while she didn't mind the criticism (yeah, right), she wanted the information about her degree removed because she hadn't disclosed that. To be fair, she hadn't explicitly said "I am leaving my job to attend this specific university for this program" but she had said she was going back to school and people did some very basic online research. No one ever posted her full name on GG, so how would her classmates and professors link her to GG?

Then a few days later she posted a voiceover video saying she was dealing with personal health issues and she deleted her entire online presence, including social media accounts.

Her and Elle were never close -- I think they spent maybe five hours together in their entire lives. So I don't get the whole "I don't know her" thing from Elle but it's also not like they were besties and went through a major breakup. Elle probably did forget about Natalie after she quit YouTube, she had enough going on with Special Someone Single Dad, the Rick fiasco, and shipping her crap across the country.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

Behindthescreens

Honestly I think Elle shops (partly) because she is bored. I mean what else does she have in her life? She worked a 9-4 job (she was at the gym at 4:30 pm on some days). She had no other hobbies and Ginette (and her BFs) funds her so she can.

When I got my first job and pay check, I also splurged a lot on makeup, clothes, handbags (not luxury but more Coach, MK, Kate Spade lol). But I realized I didn't need so much stuff, and it was cluttering my apartment. So I stopped, decluttered, and went more minimalist (better on my wallet and better for my apartment decor).

Maybe if Elle had a more constructive hobby, it'll be better for her. Something like training for a half-marathon, or fitness competition, she'd be better off. Or she can go travelling, take some GIA courses as we said previously. But she is so unadventurous. I think most of us here would live better than her if we had all her privileges, money, and free time.

I had one friend like Elle and she took up ballroom dancing as a hobby. She loved to shop, wear makeup and show off. The hobby gave her an outlet to buy pretty clothes, outfits, gowns, and shoes for her hobby, and she travelled extensively for competitions.
Elle does need to get a hobby...or three. It can be so helpful to allocate your time to something else. I did this personally after evaluating my life several years ago and the video I posted a few pages back also brought it up. Even therapists promote it. We cannot make a vacuum in our lives (cutting shopping or anything) without intentionally filling it with something else. If we don't, something easy will fill its place, likely our addictions and habits.

But it will also take self control and restraint. Elle has done great by taking up hiking, but we're still seeing new purchases in her videos. This clearly is not just about adding a hobby. She'll need to be prudent with what she buys, not frivolous, and do some internal work. These are deep seated issues.

• Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
She posted a coat collection video before she moved to Florida and showed:
- reversible shearling coat
- Mackage wool coat (another brand seen on the Duchess of Cambridge/Sussex)
- Burberry trench
- Burberry Brit trench
- Aquascutum trench
- wool coat with leather sleeves
- reversible wool coat
- Brooks Brothers wool coat
- Ted Baker wool coat
- DvF wool coat
- Sentaler coat in a tan colour
- Sentaler coat in grey
- Sentaler coat in black
Nothing wrong with luxury purchases if your needs are taken care of first and you have the cash left over.

Add it all up. Take two good coats off the list to keep and then total up the cost of the rest.

Enough for a year of therapy with a really good therapist. If she had made that purchase instead of more coats than a restaurant coat check, Rick may never have happened.

drewberry_moore

Exactly!! As for the other words she likes to copy, like weekend or patent, had she never heard or spoken them before she spent 3 years in England at 18 years old? What an ass lol! And HOW many pronunciations of the word palette do we need? I think I caught 3 in a span of 20 seconds. Elle, this makes you look unintelligent, not worldly, or well-traveled!
Excuse u Elle is a delicate foreign flower who was bullied for being different! It's not her fault she uses 3 different pronunciations despite living in Canada most of her life! /s :m

• Haha

bethannebodyworks

Her comment to someone confused that she started a new job:

"Actually, in today’s world it is reasonable to want to keep my personal life private, and my career is a big part of that. The fact that I share videos on style and some vlogs here and there does not oblige me to share everything. Over time I’ve learned to value my privacy more, and trust me, if you’d experienced some of the invasions of privacy that I have, you would most likely feel the same. I’m hoping to show that it’s possible to share some things online but maintain healthy boundaries and a sense of choice. ♥"

• Haha
  • Wow

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Also a big part of being wealthy and staying wealthy is the connection you have and hold onto. Not only the top rich, even upper middle class people exchange investing ideas all the time, and information is key to winning the S&P.

Good luck managing Ginette's wealth without a support group in your life, Elle.
You mean Boy Bag #1, Boy Bag #2, YSL #1, and YSL #2 aren't the same as real friends? 🤯🤪

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Food for thought, ladies - what makes you think all the talk in her vlog about having a job and “my assistant” isn’t a lie (and I thought she was keeping this private)? We know she reads here and people have been talking about her lack of unemployment for a very long time. Her LinkedIn isn’t updated at all. Are we supposed to just take a notorious liar at her word?

Viewpure link as usual: http://www.viewpure.com/t_zXiuCDboE?start=0&end=0

boredstrom

VIP Member
Speaking of money, is she even “hireable” at this point? She has not worked in over a year and the pandemic has made jobs a lot more scarce. I know Elle is notoriously lazy (I doubt she is looking for a high stress, demanding position), but I also am not 100 percent convinced she is unemployed at will. I have a friend who was laid off well before the pandemic started (end of January) and she is still looking for a job. Unlike Elle, my friend has consistent work experience and was laid off because her company was bought out. Fortunately my friend got a severance package but still, she doesn’t want to sit on her ass at home all day and has been sending out resumes for months.

On some level I sympathize with not being able to find work (I still have traumatic anxiety from the 2008 recession which “Ginette” on YT claims Elle also had to overcome 🙄), but at the same time...why the F are you in a state where you have absolutely no connections and barely any American work experience???
I think she's still hirable, but just for another analyst type position like the one she left. That's fine, its a job you can be proud of and it makes way more than the average salary nationwide.

She's not going to get taken on for any sort of job that would require her to practice law. She's not going to get hired for any position that would allow her to cover her current living expenses and maintain her monthly shopping burn.

But, to get hired for that analyst position with everything going on now, she'd have to be really aggressive. Be dropping a dozen applications a day. Think of things she could do even if they are different from what she did. Business analyst for a small tech co, public utility, industrial company, etc.

Problem is she doesn't want to work, so she's not going to be aggressive in looking for jobs. Compounding the problem, she doesn't have to work, because her mother and side hustles are giving her the lifestyle she wants. Until her mom cuts her off, why would she bust her ass to get a $80,000/year job when she is able to live and shop like someone making $150,000 without having to do much more than string beads for an hour a day?

Also I think she's in Seattle for the same reason she has 4 Rexy sweaters and 3 Boy Bags. It's expensive, trendy and a show of 'worth' in her world. It has nothing to do with job prospects. I am sure she sold the idea to her mother that it was an excellent place to look for work, but she also knows her mom is enough of a pushover that she won't actually have to get a job.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Wheelsbaby

I think the original point being made was that Elle while privileged in many ways, did not grow up wealthy (or as wealthy as she would have hoped per her princess standards). She has made remarks that she didn’t have the coach wristlets other girls had in high school, and things of that nature. This seems to be a sore point for her. Ginette May be well-off but she definitely wasn’t lavishing teenage Elle in designer clothes or bags.

This background helps to explain the insatiable need to shop & create an inflated sense of grandeur about her life in adulthood. It also partly explains her excitement over mundane luxury items - she wasn’t given that kind of access to designer goods growing up.

She may qualify as upper middle class in median economic terms, but it wasn’t enough for her to feel adequate next to her peers growing up. Additionally, where she went for university & articling in big law didn’t help. There are plenty of really wealthy people in these circles. She also met Chris who introduced her to a more luxurious lifestyle. she either got inspired by the upgraded lifestyles she saw and made it her goal to acquire flashy goods to try and fit in, or she felt even more insecure and this fuelled her need to keep up appearances. Hence the need to brag about Vancouver Club, a career in law, and hoarding discount designer.

• Heart

WaneGal

‘Prior to going to law school in England, Eleanor worked for an investment consulting firm in Brussels where she researched and advised on EU regulation and investment law.’

That was well over a decade ago, and a pre-undergrad internship, which shouldn't be mentioned at all...

'Eleanor loves to hike, cook Italian food, support local restaurants, and spend time with family and pets.'

Wait, shouldn't that be family, friends and pets? Oh no she doesn't have any friends.

• Haha

thecatlass

VIP Member
She probably mostly does legal research and writing (I.e. higher level paralegal stuff) than actually advise and wine and dine clients.

I give it less than a year before Eleanor Lecocq gets fired for not bringing enough business to the firm and holding up her end. She’ll spend most of the work day galavanting around Seattle, ordering coffee from Nordstrom or some local cafe while telling the barista just how “busy” her day is as a lawyer.🤣

It seems like this firm will hire anyone who “happens to be a lawyer” as long as they pay up $$$ thanks Maman Ginette. Yet another exclusive club designed for the privileged and the wealthy.
I don't know, the company doesn't struck me as an employer that attracts good lawyers 😂 They seem to be a weird bunch and everyone appears to have a side hustle. I think they hired her because she has had at least 3 businesses in the last decade so probably knows how to register a company haha

• Haha
  • Heart

APoppy

I checked out the places Elle eats in Hawaii and some restaurants she eats at are really fancy. She and Ginette ate the Chef's tasting menu at some of the better restaurants in Honolulu. Of course she and Ginette doesn't eat there often but she does. I'm not sure anyone can go do the tasting menus more than once a month because the food is a lot.

I don't understand why Elle doesn't go by herself to boozy brunches or fancy teas. There is no shame hanging out by yourself. I prefer the flexibility of going whenever and wherever I want personally. And Vancouver club often has parties where all members can attend.
One things I never understood is why hasn’t Elle ever taken a girlfriend to Hawaii with her? She goes every year you would think just once she would like to bring a girlfriend along. I understand it’s her moms place and all but she has had boyfriends there why not a girlfriend during these single times. Even when not single it’s nice to get away with the girls. She only goes on trips with significant others. I think it’s telling that either A) Elle has no real close girlfriends to invite and/or B) Elle expects her Mom or boyfriends to foot the bill on vacation. I just think of my own experience and I have boyfriend but also go on girls trip with my girlfriends sometimes too. My family also has a couple vacation properties that I always invite friends to.

VeraF

Working for a private lawyer is way harder than working for the government or NGO like MDFA of Canada. They expect results, billable hours, etc... Elle would never last. You don't get home at 4:30 to go to the gym.
I disagree. I work for a non-profit and it is quite challenging to work for one. We have to meet our targets to ensure continued funding, constantly have to fight cuts or find efficiencies when cuts inevitably happen, don't have the luxury of assistants, deal with some of the most challenging clients that we don't have the option of letting go, and on top of working on cases, we have to engage in law reform and public education. Rarely do we work 9-5... Not even our paralegals have that luxury. The only reason Elle was able to work those cushy hours was because she was in a non-lawyer role. I hate that she is giving this lazy impression of the legal profession.

Keikochan

VIP Member
I know the Bachelor was suggested but I'm thinking maybe Married at First Sight would be a good match for Elle. The next 2 seasons are to be set in Atlanta & Houston. Elle should move there now so it doesn't look suspicious.
It will be good for her cos she can just skip some of the dating lies!

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
Um did you see some of the guys? Some of them look they rolled out of bed. She's probably actually one of the most formally dressed but I used to casual work environments so the cut of the shirt doesn't bother me really. The dude bros with the long hair bother me more hah or that pharma lady with whatever lose she is doing.
Gosh, please tell me some of the bros look foolish enough to date Elle. She's always her most entertaining when she's living that girlfriend life. I am officially giving up on my hopes of #Divorcemas2020 but I still believe in 2021!

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
I cannot respect any 'journalist' who missed the opportunity to title that interview 'Sidehustles and Sideboobs; The Elle Florence Story'

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
I still think the assistant comment is a joke about her cat. If Elle had a real admin assistant she'd be bragging about it daily.