Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VeraF

But do modern apartments work like that? It's not like Elle had a massive 20 room apartment on 5th avenue or anything.
That's a fair point, which is why you get 1 Victorian piece that is the focal point of a wall. She just throws too many styles together without a cohesive element. I hate those clam chairs, but they can be worked into certain minimalist styles...

Reactions: 5

bethannebodyworks

So this graphic is based on I believe Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina and yes, it seems to suggest that older whites and white (fewer college grads) are voting more Dem during this election (relative to 2016), which I thought was somewhat surprising.

It also means more minorities, majority college grads, the wealthy, and urban areas are voting Trump though, which I don't think any of us saw coming.
It's finally not white people's fault! Rofl.

Just a moment of levity...

👏👏👏

Dems have definitely taken the black vote in general for granted. Biden going "If you don't vote for me, you ain't black" is NOT a sufficient enough reason for the Black community to vote for him. He needs to talk policy, and emphasize why he's the right choice.
I thought that was so gross. Black people are allowed to vote for whoever they want to! This kind of milquetoast politicking is disgusting to me. You need to work for every vote because it is not a foregone conclusion that just because someone has melanin they'll automatically like Biden because of his Obama connection (or even that they'll like Obama but that's neither here nor there). It's so icky.

• Haha

MUALover

Chatty Member
Re: her cankles, it's probably just the real shape of her ankles. Let's not blame the cheese. :p

I don't think there's anything wrong with buying cheaper cuts of meats to save money. We may not agree with her priorities but at least she doesn't buy fastfood or eat crap like pre-prepared microwavable cheap junk all the time.
Elle eats a lot in restaurants, which may or may not be healthy. Probably not though. TBH I don't think she eats in fast food places (or at least she wouldn't show us) because she thinks it's beneath her. I mean doesn't everyone eat at MacDonald's once in a while?

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
All those headbands on top of the mirror make her dresser look like it came straight from a bedroom of 1970s teenager 🙄
1970s indeed, because teenagers today are way too cool and fashionable to wear that stuff. I can't remember the last time I saw those plastic headbands on someone past the age of 8.

greenbear

VIP Member
MyDailySweet also gifted Eleanor an LV name tag which she so conveniently vlogged about while having it monogrammed at the Vancouver LV store.

Guys, remember she’s a generalist! Didn’t know she’d take that label literally to heart and be as general and boring and bland as possible.
how do you go from that to not speaking to a person??

greenbear

VIP Member
She is STILL very much into what the Royals wear. In her budget bag video, she pulled out this one and said she got it after Meghan Markel wore one.
So Juvenile, The Daily Connoisseur is the same obsessed with all the Royals wear.
Queue Smelle getting the Thursday boots

Also curious why lily Silk has never reached out to work with her, they would literally work with any YouTuber.

• Haha

VeraF

I guess your idea of affluence is to be in the top 0.1%, have a trust fund worth at least $20-30 million dollars USD, etc...Because Ginette and Elle are definitely in the top 1-2% of Canadians.
I wasn't sure about the top 1-2% of Canadians, but you are surprisingly correct:

"According to the 2011 NHS, 10% of Canadians
Note1 had total incomes of more than $80,400Note2 in 2010,Note3 almost triple the national median income of $27,800.Note4 To be in the top 5%, Canadians needed to have a total income of slightly above $102,300 and to be in the top 1% required just over $191,100, nearly seven times the national median income."

(Source: https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-014-x/99-014-x2011003_2-eng.cfm)

MUALover

Chatty Member
Does Elle go 1 day without makeup? One reason why her skin is bad could be (that's my theory) is because of all the makeup she wears day in and day out without any breaks. Not to mention her heavy use of skin creams and such with a lot of chemicals in it (I don't care if it's Sheseido).

VeraF

Yes, start at video one and work your way up. I've been following her since 2014. I actually liked her back then but slowly, she started showing her true colors. My mom actually pegged her right away and I gave her the benefit of the doubt until I was proven wrong, LOL! Just be aware, she has deleted quite a few video's especially ones that have ex-boyfriends in them or information she's been called out on and now trying to cover up.

Edited to add that we have a lot of people on here that love to research and we have found some very interesting things about her online when things that she said weren't lining up.
Curious to hear your Mom's thoughts on Elle...

Behindthescreens

She must not have seen that comment. They were crafty to make most of it allow Elle to feel like she's the victim of the whole engagement M'Elletdown, but she gets her jab in at the end with Elle's 'future choices'

Spoiler alert: She made bad future choices, but none AS bad as getting engaged in 3 months . . . so progress?
Clever! This needs to be thread title at some point. Maybe "Elle Florence: M'Elleltdown in Seattle," or "Meltdown 2020" or something like that?

VeraF

That is FUCKING INSANE. $15,000 a month in shopping. Do you guys know how much money Elle would have in 20 years if she put even 1/3 of that into an investment account every month? She could retire and be way more comfortable than Ginette.

On a side note, ladies... can I get your opinions? I'm getting married as soon as this coronavirus stuff is over :p I already call my SO my husband since we've been together 7 years and nothing will change except the paper, buttttt... we're finally making it official! Which dress would you choose for a city clerk wedding in NYC? All white dresses are just not my thing. Assuming warm weather.

View attachment 311478
View attachment 311479View attachment 311480View attachment 311481
Congratulations!! That sounds really exciting! I say the green one for a day wedding and the blue sparkly one for an evening one!!

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Since we're on the topic of Elle and makeup, it's not news that she has always looked dramatically different without it.

In the Joe era, she was dramatically cute in her makeup and very plain without it, but not in a completely uncute way if that makes sense. The key element missing was the drama when her makeup was gone and she was left being a plain woman in her late 20's, which is what she was, really. If that plain woman was also generous, loving, smart, driven, etc AND she could look dramatically good when made up, Joe would have been a fool to let her go, but she wasn't most of those things and so her morning face alone sure didn't sink her.

Now, her skin has gotten a lot worse. Her blemishes are really present. The sagging and eyebags and other signs of aging and just plain being miserable are front and center. She still looks like a different person in all her paint, but it's less about creating drama now and more about hiding what is actually there. And it's working less and less each year since her plan A failed. Now she looks old for her age even made up.

No matter the era of Elle, the biggest factor has been what she does with her eyes. The daily false eyelashes and winged eyeliner are so much of her look. She has nice big eyes, I get it, but thats a double edge sword. It mades her look so much more plain when her eyes weren't all dressed up then and now, it just brings you attention immediately to the lines and bags.

I mean we all laughed at her for wearing massive false lashes when she went and climbed a mountain . . . . but I get it.
Did she seriously wear fake lashes to go hiking??? I must’ve missed that!

She does wear false lashes A LOT even regularly...but you made some really good points. I didn’t think about it that way but you hit the nail on the head.

MUALover

Chatty Member
I read a makeup book that counselled brown pencil for eyeliner is the way to go (rather than black or liquid) because it's more natural. I swear by that rule for myself. Of course, I'm not a makeup artist but it works for me for day and night makeup. I also swear by organic facial cleansers and creams. That's just my personal preference though.

WaneGal

I beg to differ. I actually own a Sentaler coat (yes, got it after watching Elle's recommendation) and it's very warm and versatile. Nonetheless, that's the only coat I have for that temperature, and I got it from Saks with discount.

It's definitely not worth the full price, or having 3 at the same time.

MUALover

Chatty Member
I seriously think you should consider creating a rave thread for Elle. You often discuss how you think she’s beautiful, how jealous you are of her and her “money,” and now you’re assuming she owns thousands of dollars in headbands for no discernible reason (which I highly doubt if she’s buying secondhand Chanel in unpopular combinations but that’s another discussion). 😆
This is a Tattle thread for gossip. Since when was it for bashing only? Does it say in the title? Since when was saying she had a vast luxury handbag (for someone her age, even if you discount the 2nd hand Chanels she has new Chanels and LVs and YSLs - a lot of the nicer ones were gifts from Mamma G) and headband collection admiration? I'm just stating a fact. Because my parents certainly aren't gifting me luxury bags or diamond necklaces and nobody in my social circle does either.

Last edited:

actuallawyer

That moment when the most powerful country in the world (generalizing a lot here of course) only has Trump and Biden as options...🤦‍♀️

It looks like Joe might get GA and PA. Apparently he's doing really well in the absentee ballots.

This graphic is really interesting. Regardless of whether he wins or not, Trump is clearly attracting people from all walks of life. I don't know how I feel about this...:

View attachment 299371
America literally had its two candidates be old white men who have both been accused of sexual assault and no one was like “maybe...we should find someone else??” Nope. América, home of that....what is it exactly?

• Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Ladies, I’m in America and I’m currently watching election coverage and I’m interested to know how y’all feel about it. I know this isn’t an election thread so I understand if y’all don’t want to comment! I’m just creating the space for anyone who does. We can even tie it into Elle and her complete lack of care for anything that doesn’t directly affect her image, like who the President will be.
Wisconsin and Michigan are looking good for Biden, but that's not a guaranteed win. I was surprised by Arizona turning blue!

Much like the rest of 2020, this election is turning into a long day by day, state by state slog.

We'll be lucky if we find out results by the end of this week (like, really lucky).

Last edited:
  • Heart

MUALover

Chatty Member
"You Need Over $6.1 Million To Be In Canada’s 1%
The revised numbers mean a ticket to the one percent club is fairly steep. To be in Canada’s one-percent, you need a minimum net-worth of $6.1 million. The top 0.1% requires a minimum net-worth of $29.3 million now. The 0.01% has a minimum net-worth of $143.1 million dollars. Net-worth is defined as household assets minus liabilities."

According to the article above, top 1% of Canadians have net worth (net worth, not just cash, Ginette had a $2 million house in Victoria) of $6.1 million dollars. IIRC, I read that top 2% had net worth of around $3-4 million dollars (can't find the article at this moment). So Ginette is in the top 1-2% of net worths.