Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

actuallawyer

I think that’s asking a lot from Elle. She doesn’t seem like the type who would willingly go to brunch or tea on her own; she needs her mom to go with her. Also as much as I like doing things on my own (I’ve eaten at restaurants and gone to movies alone), I don’t think I’d enjoy having a tea party by myself. I’m not faulting Elle for that; I’m more critical of her neediness to find a guy.

Also I could be wrong but I wasn’t under the impression Elle was a member of the Vancouver Club; I thought she only went because of a few Dolls who gave her an invite for parties/events. In any case, talking about the Vancouver Club is moot at this point. She’s no longer in Vancouver and hasn’t been seen in over a year.

Sorry, I can’t comment on the election. I’m sick over it (I’m progressive, FYI).
I hear you on that. I’m progressive as well and I can’t concentrate at all at work today even like @svdwoodsen said, we won’t be getting much information today. I’m having flashbacks to 2016 and it’s inducing a trauma in me.

Reactions: 6

thecatlass

VIP Member
I get why she is able to turn dates into boyfriends without too much trouble. She pursues guys who are just ok looking, but have something else she wants (money, braggable job, poor enough judgement to propose after a few weeks, etc.). Also, if you're a guy who is into brunettes and boobs, she ticks a lot of boxes. These guys recognize that she looks better than they do (even if it is all paint and mirrors) and when she comes on strong they go along with it.

On paper she's successful in her own right, and its not until they're living together that they really get a sense that she isn't 'working smart' and her abundance of free time is due to the fact that she just plain hates to work. By that point they either have to kick her out of their home or wait out a lease until they can move on.
I'd say her boobs without a push-up bra aren't that big but other than that, I totally agree with you.

Theoretically, she is perfect for a guy who uses his career/money to compensate for what he lacks in the looks department. Why? Because he has the mental arsenal to endlessly mansplain to her and she has no idea about anything outside of shopping/cooking to ever question him. Majority of men hate when women are smarter than them, so the lucky victim of Smelleonore can rest assured he'll always have the last word.

As you said, those guys are flattered that she tries hard to look presentable and wants to fulfil that idiotic Stepford wife fantasy. It's only after some time they come to realize that life with her is infinitely boring, she's an obsessive spender and mommy's girl with a mean personality and an insane giggle.

• Heart

Food4Thought

Watched her video and agree with most of you re: her annoying giggles and letting that cat 🐈 up on the furniture just bc she's cute 🙄

I disagree about her coffee table. I personally love epoxy resin tables... Especially in person, they are really interesting and draw you in. I have a nice handmade furniture shop near me in Chicago that does them and they look amazing.

MUALover

Chatty Member
Two you tubers I enjoy are:

Miss Crystal - she has a very curated handbag collection. She doesn't overspend and she buys contemporary designers along with a few luxury bags. She does good travel recommendation videos. I feel (at least to me), her handbag collection is the most appropriate and accessible to me.

Another one I like are:

She has a rather large handbag collection but she's likeable and gives very good reviews, and goes into great lengths about which handbag fits her lifestyle.

Both of them are down to earth and not pretentious. You get the feeling they make videos to share information with other people, not to show off their lifestyle.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I’ve had a procedure done on my face. I had a lot of friends who advised against it, but I did it anyway and I don’t regret it. Nor do I feel the need to do anything else. I felt a lot more confident with how I appear because prior to the procedure I felt like it was the first thing people noticed about me when they first meet me.

Having said that I didn’t alter my entire appearance and even pre-surgery I didn’t have issues in the dating department. I do wonder what Elle thinks when she has children and they end up looking like her pre-surgery.

I also don’t think plastic surgery is necessarily a cure all when it comes to looks. It might improve or enhance a few things, but you’re not going to become an insta-hottie overnight. Speaking from experience, I’m definitely not a 10 post surgery! 😂😂
This is such an excellent point to make! I think most people don't realize just how much you have to alter to get the Elle effect...she essentially changed her entire face shape with her jaw surgery + fillers and nose job. It also looks like she might've had an eyebrow lift at some point as well.

I'm glad getting that one thing fixed has had such a positive impact on you! Sometimes one feature can really throw off the harmony of an entire face and I am pro getting that fixed up if it bothers you.

Oh I have nothing against cosmetic surgery. I had my nose done after a sports injury in high school.

In Elle's case though, I don't think she had her procedures done for healthy reasons. I obviously don't know her and I am not any sort of mental health professional, but she has so many other unhealthy habits associated with controlling how she is perceived by others that I am comfortable making the leap and saying her surgeries are part of that whole mess.
In today's world, I doubt anyone would care very much if you had a nose or boob job, but Elle's issue is how dramatically she altered her entire face. For better or worse, many people do associate extensive plastic surgery (invasive or otherwise) with shallowness and mental health issues.

Off-topic but I know this board is full of amazing ladies who know their stuff and I was hoping to get a perfume recommendation or two! My current rotation consists of YSL Black Opium (smells so cozy and lush) and Daisy Love (warm and sweet, but a bit generic in not a bad way). I would love to branch out and try your favorites or more niche, interesting scents!

Last edited:
  • Heart

greenbear

VIP Member
Affordable bags recommendation: Longchamp.

Who needs this kind of recommendation??
right, hardly ground breaking information

Do any of you ladies know why My Daily Sweet deleted all her content?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

MUALover

Chatty Member
Does she even have these bags? I’m surprised she didn’t include stuff like this in her affordable bag collection. She could have really shown some great options instead all I remember from that video was the dinosaur bag and longchamps. I love Rebecca Minkoff and while its not super affordable it’s definitely more within range to her viewers than Chanel and more fashionable options than what she showed.
I feel Rebecca Minkoff bags, at least the MAC bags, have a edge to them. I love the navy Chanel boy bag for that reason - they make you look younger. Heaven knows Elle needs to dress younger. She looks so matronly. The Rebecca Minkoffs look way better than her blue Chanel plaid boy bag or the stingray boy bag.

The bags are probably in storage somewheres.:rolleyes: She has so many bags she probably forgot about them.

Last edited:

MUALover

Chatty Member
She’s a 32-year old woman still wearing gaudy headbands like she’s Blair Waldorf. She truly was stunted in her late teens, early 20’s and cannot move past that age.
To her credit, Elle doesn't wear the headbands outside. I think she only wears them around the house when she is doing her MU. But those headbands (from designer brands such as Jennifer Ouellete) are very expensive, running $100 per headband - if she is indeed buying designer brands and not Etsy. That is a few hundred dollars right there.

boredstrom

VIP Member
Its very 'old money' at least in New England to still be driving the 80's Mercedes or Land Rover that you 'kept on the Vineyard for summers.' All Elle's heroes are old money so I am sure she loves the vibe of that car.

I also will defend her a little bit and say she always made that Jag comment with a joking vibe. If she stayed with Rick and was driving around in Florida in her Carmella Soprano Porsche SUV, I bet she'd not be joking when she bragged about that though.

• Haha

Katrina_AK_0099

Some of these comments about Elle's skin seems a little unreasonable. I think she looks perfectly normal for someone her age when she wears no makeup. Sure, she might be aggravating her skin with her heavy makeup and use of acids but I think for a 31-year old she looks fine. I'd rather emulate Elle and go barefaced than copy a Kardashian sister, desperately trying to filter my way outta my 30s.

greenbear

VIP Member
I second that. While she is qualified to work as a lawyer (in Canada - she holds relevant degree and passed the bar, she'd have to renew her license, though), she never worked as one (her traineeship took place before she got called to the bar).

Teaching an online contract law course on one evening a week doesn't make you a professor. You could call such person a part- time instructor or part-time lecturer.

BTW, looks like Smelle's 'friend' is her competitor 😂😂😂 The mask-making girl is selling scarves now. Wonder if the hiking and pumpkin patch trips will soon come to an end and when someone asks Smelle about the 'friend who was selling masks', she'll pretend she doesn't know who they're referring to hahaha View attachment 304391
wow the difference a fresh modern look gives, lovely fresh skin and current.I'd buy a scarf off this woman

So much for “keeping [her] work life private” 😂😂😂
wonder how she explained away the long gap in employment?

Last edited:

bethannebodyworks

Also can I just say how disappointed I am that Sanders did not get the nomination in 2016 or 2020? Now that's a man who wants to be President for the right reasons.
I agree. I am absolutely disgusted that of all people we had to choose between TRUMP or BIDEN. Ugh. I wrote in Bernie; doesn't matter, NY was going to Biden anyway.

• Heart

VeraF

I think she’s just a classic spender. It’s just unfathomable to prudent folks that you can prioritize shopping over a retirement fund. She also really expects that a man will eventually marry her and get her a house.

Part of this seems to be that Ginette didn’t actually spoil her that much in childhood (probably cos they were never rich). She has bitter memories of not having the coach wristlets that other girls had in high school, so in adulthood She overcompensates.

Especially at Durham or as a trainee in big law, she may have found herself a lot less wealthy / socially elite / smart than her peers and she simply cannot accept feeling mediocre.

so whatever income she gets from her job or scammy businesses, she spends and spends.

She has a scarcity & hoarder mindset and doesn’t have that abundant and quiet confidence that wealthy and successful people possess.
Your analysis would make sense for any other person, but Elle's family was pretty affluent. If you check out her early vids, she talks about all the trinkets she received as a child. People really should watch the earliest vids to get a sense of how good she's had it and much she was spoilt growing up...

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I've tried the Sentaler coats in person at a luxury store and they are very uncomfortable. First of all they're very very heavy and they're stiff. They may look nice on camera but not that nice in person.
Yes! They’re super heavy and scratchy. The style is nice but not revolutionary and getting multiples because Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle wore one at some point is absurd.