Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Does anyone else find it really telling--and quite sad, actually--that in her most recent video she turned the candle logo towards her as she sat down to relax on the couch? She is so pleased with herself and her logos (aka conspicuous consumption) actually brings her joy. It's actually making me kind of pity her in a way.

On a side note, I just started studying for the LSAT. :LOL:
Nice going, B! Always great to see women leveling up in real, “girlboss” ways. ✨❤

Reactions: 6

LegalEagle5

I am actually surprised she doesn't do Trader Joe's hauls. I thought she liked going there and it would give her constant content and they seem like an easy way to post a video and to get new viewers...I think people click on them a lot without knowing the YouTuber.

MUALover

Chatty Member
Wouldn’t put it past her, to be honest. Eleanor Florence has proven again and again that morals are not her strong suit. 🙄
I just hope that the next guy Elle dates would do the honourable thing and marry her instead of stringing her along.

• Haha

greenbear

VIP Member
I found her particularly odd in this video, really manic and distracted.

Also I wonder why Momma G didn't make an appearance, could only help with the boredom that is Elle.

actuallawyer

Ladies, I’m in America and I’m currently watching election coverage and I’m interested to know how y’all feel about it. I know this isn’t an election thread so I understand if y’all don’t want to comment! I’m just creating the space for anyone who does. We can even tie it into Elle and her complete lack of care for anything that doesn’t directly affect her image, like who the President will be.

• Heart

Drasticactions

VIP Member
she legit says Cocky instead of khaki. I know she lived in the Uk for 3 years but..... She's from north America just say it like the rest of us .

• Haha

Greenthumb30

Working for a private lawyer is way harder than working for the government or NGO like MDFA of Canada. They expect results, billable hours, etc... Elle would never last. You don't get home at 4:30 to go to the gym.
ITA. To an outsider, private law practice seems competitive and grueling as hell just from watching Better Call Saul...I know it's just a show, but still, it really shows the lengths lawyers have to go to get (and keep) clients, win cases, etc. whether as a solo or in a big law firm. I can't see her doing that kind of work long term. She's definitely using this job as resume padding. I guess it's good at least that she still cares about her resume/career and still wants to work...I really thought for a while she was planning to just string pearls forever, which would have been depressing to witness.

MUALover

Chatty Member
Her ratatouille looks gross. Does Elle even ever look at a cookbook or does she make stuff up as she goes along?

MissGlam21

Eh I think let people be. If they want to buy designer bags, even if they need to save up for them or scrimping on other things, then what's the harm. We all have our guilty pleasures. The world is crazy enough right now, some people take solace in the things they like. I agree, most of Gucci and LV are ugly, but many obviously have a different opinion since they're the most popular brands. And that's fine, people can like different things.

We might think financially irresponsible, they might think they're treating themselves for their hard work. If the money comes from their parents, then so what, there are parents who are spoilers (and frankly if they are, that's their problem) or maybe the parents have a lot of money and they love to share with their children. We don't know the whole situation, and I am not just talking about Elle, but in general.

Now if the money is coming from stealing or scamming people, then that's obviously a different story.

But yes, most of her bags are hideous. The only nice ones are the YSL Loulou medium, toy, college and the Chanel navy boy that she made a whole video about.
I agree, if I have to save and scrimp for what is just a bag I am not their target market.
I also agree, but I also don’t feel bad for those, like Elle, who frivolously spend money that isn’t theirs. In the future, I definitely peg Elle as the kind of person to put on a sob story because her husband left her with the kids. She’d position herself as some “charity case” who feels she deserves money for all of the “hardship” she had to endure and to spend said money as a means to “treat” herself. It’s quite astonishing how differently ppl perceive money as they grow up and it’s even more shocking when they realize at an older age that material shit and financial status is fleeting, esp in times like now.

MUALover

Chatty Member
One thing that a lot of people get wrong about the Victorian asthetic is that intricate furnishings work best in large, sweeping, airy, light rooms where everything else is muted and your personal items are hidden away...

But do modern apartments work like that? It's not like Elle had a massive 20 room apartment on 5th avenue or anything.

MUALover

Chatty Member
I checked out the places Elle eats in Hawaii and some restaurants she eats at are really fancy. She and Ginette ate the Chef's tasting menu at some of the better restaurants in Honolulu. Of course she and Ginette doesn't eat there often but she does. I'm not sure anyone can go do the tasting menus more than once a month because the food is a lot.

I don't understand why Elle doesn't go by herself to boozy brunches or fancy teas. There is no shame hanging out by yourself. I prefer the flexibility of going whenever and wherever I want personally. And Vancouver club often has parties where all members can attend.

actuallawyer

I legit think she's had lip filler or a botox lip flip bc she's got that shadow mustache that other girls get when they over fill their lips.

Also wtf about her eye palette recommendations In insta stories? We've seen her buy loads of eyeshadow in the last 5 years there is no way she'd been exclusively using those two palettes on her eyes. She even showed herself using a brand new diff palette in her video on Monday.
If I found out that she was buying pounds and pounds of makeup and only using two products, it honestly wouldn’t shock me at all.

• Haha

MUALover

Chatty Member
Unused makeup gets old after a while and I'm sure Elle has thousands (probably even more) unused cosmetics just sitting on her desk. This girl has no sense.

Katrina_AK_0099

She only sent Sophie Shohet a Christmas rodent so Sophie would talk about it on her channel
I don't get Eleanor's obsession with Sophie Shohet. Sophie seems very sweet and humble but she's not some famous YouTuber so I don't get sending her stuff in hopes of a shoutout. It seems random and desperate.

Sophie's style is also literally the worst -- so, so tacky and a gross obsession with branded stuff -- so not sure if she is Elle's style inspiration or something?

• Wow

greenbear

VIP Member
Pretty depressing. Tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff per locker that was supposed to fill the emptiness in her soul but didn't. The Florida one has to be particularly sad. All that Chanel and Unwelle rotting in the Florida heat and humidity.
why does she not go to therapy she clearly needs it.

Keikochan

VIP Member
Omg I remember that part of the video 🤔 the first time I saw it I thought he had an odd look on his face when she was asking him something! Lol I wasn't expecting what happened 🤭

Behindthescreens

Codependent relationship and raising a child who does not appreciate the value of money at all. My guess is Ginette is in the headspace of keeping Elle happy by providing for her and not really worrying about the dwindling nest egg. Or maybe they've got millions in the stock market and Elle will inherit it all one day.

I still can't believe Elle made her 60-something mother fly to see her during a pandemic. I certainly wouldn't step foot on a plane and would rather keep my parent safe than see them. Very telling that Ginette happily agreed to it and spent a couple thousand on Elle's new suitcases. God... these two are wacky.
New suitcases? A couple thousand? What did I miss? I haven't seen this anywhere.

MUALover

Chatty Member
I'm not sure Elle can visit Hawaii now b/c of Covid. It requires 2 weeks quarantine or something (at least it was last month I checked). Not sure Ginette plans on going back to Hawaii.