Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's gotta be pissed she 'wasted' her prettiest years on Chris and Joe. Her skin is definitely paying the price now.
What prettiest years? She was pretty at some point? šŸ¤£

All jokes aside, this is why people should take care of their skin when theyā€™re young, and not rely on heavy make up and cosmetic procedures to improve their looks temporarily. All the work sheā€™s had done, the years of super heavy makeup, and overdose of exfoliants and acids (she uses that super strong Sunday Riley Good Genes and First Aid Beauty exfoliant pads way too much and doesnā€™t apply sunscreen...a big faux pas!) has taken its toll on her.

I do think her being generally unsatisfied with her life is contributing to her mean, hard faced look as well. When people are happy and kind, it shows on their face and itā€™s the opposite for Eleanor Florence.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

(she uses that super strong Sunday Riley Good Genes and First Aid Beauty exfoliant pads way too much and doesnā€™t apply sunscreen...a big faux pas!)
Ironic that they call it Good Genes while it decimates your natural skin

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I know you didnā€™t mean for this to be funny, but I LMAO reading this. šŸ˜‚

Elle really screwed her skin over for years (ODing on concealer and foundation, using harsh skin cleansers, moisturizers, and serums, etc.) to the point she is now overcompensating with the fillers. If she hadnā€™t treated her skin like trash for so long she probably wouldnā€™t have to Botox her face like that. Iā€™d probably expect that much filler on someone like a Kardashian-Jenner or a person much older.
She really has! I'm always a little surprised inside that someone so young (and not in Hollywood) is regularly getting botox. She's not that much older than me, and yet she's like the stepford-ish wives who are all about "regular upkeep".

Reactions: 8
She really has! I'm always a little surprised inside that someone so young (and not in Hollywood) is regularly getting botox. She's not that much older than me, and yet she's like the stepford-ish wives who are all about "regular upkeep".
I think wearing extremely heavy make up (with her aggressive skincare) for years has really damaged her skin to the point of no return, and a large part of it is probably also due to her insecurity. She said she was bullied when she was younger and I'd be shocked if kids didn't say something about how she looked (it's cruel but common and she really does have a lot to pick on....). Whether you like Eleanor Florence or not, there's no denying that her new chin and slimmed down nose really helped her appearance and it probably turned into an addiction, where she thought the more stuff she got done, the better she'd look. Definitely another thing that therapy should address because as you said, she is so young and already so plastic looking. She's gonna turn into Jocelyn Wildenstein by 40 if she doesn't stop.

Reactions: 10
I'm planning on watching this in my downtime. Maybe Elle should too!šŸ˜„

Compulsive Shoppers (Mental Health Documentary) | Only Human

• Haha
Through all this I think it's important to remember that Elle's issues are not uncommon and like every single one of us, she is a flawed, imperfect being and that's completely fine.

The thing is, none of us run a youtube channel where we show off a luxurious and exciting lifestyle (well, at least she did) and imply that we have what we have because we work hard, work smart, and have life figured out. The basic premise of her channel has always been that she has unlocked all of life's secrets and she's going to show you how she does it. The endless Nordstrom trips, chic apartments, blowouts, fancy dinners, and wall of bags were rewards for being in charge of life in the early 21st century.

But as we all know, when she's at her best, the showing off is front and center on her channel and it gets tiring. When she shares her secret to her good life, her tips aren't very good. And when you look closer, it all falls apart.

She didn't work hard. She left the house after 8 and was in her trophy wife fitness class by 4:45. She grocery shopped and binged at Nordstrom in the midday. She probably didn't work smart. After her Florida debacle her old employer didn't want her back, if its true she applied there.

If from the very beginning her channel's theme was 'I was born into money, and I am going to review the expensive things I buy and do so that you can decide if you want to spend your money on those things too' she would have attracted a degree of spoiled rich girl hate, but in the end a lot of people would be impressed she's honest and when it comes down to it, if they were born into her money they'd probably spend it the same way she does. There certainly wouldn't be thread after thread about what a mess she is.

So all we're left with is a spoiled girl who never grew up and her enabling mother, and the entertainment lies in how colossally she will ruin her life next, which the mean part of me adores. Yet, I would 100% unironically watch Elle if she retooled the channel, got honest, got help, and made the channel about the challenges of facing such deep-seated problems, and when she brags about her life, she brags about how she got better to make it better. I'd start a rave thread and never post in this one again.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Iā€™m finally getting around to watching the briefcase video and at the 0:22 mark Smelle says ā€œsimilarilyā€, which isnā€™t even a real word lmao šŸ˜†
I can no longer sit through her videos. I really don't know what there is to yammer about basic af briefcases. These are neither utilitarian, nor fashionable. The first one is fugly and the second one is too small for her laptop. I recently bought a 17" laptop for which I have purchased a no-name shockproof and waterproof carrying case for moving around my house because I'm wfh and my dogs don't care about my fashion choices... šŸ˜‹

Through all this I think it's important to remember that Elle's issues are not uncommon and like every single one of us, she is a flawed, imperfect being and that's completely fine.

The thing is, none of us run a youtube channel where we show off a luxurious and exciting lifestyle (well, at least she did) and imply that we have what we have because we work hard, work smart, and have life figured out. The basic premise of her channel has always been that she has unlocked all of life's secrets and she's going to show you how she does it. The endless Nordstrom trips, chic apartments, blowouts, fancy dinners, and wall of bags were rewards for being in charge of life in the early 21st century.

But as we all know, when she's at her best, the showing off is front and center on her channel and it gets tiring. When she shares her secret to her good life, her tips aren't very good. And when you look closer, it all falls apart.

She didn't work hard. She left the house after 8 and was in her trophy wife fitness class by 4:45. She grocery shopped and binged at Nordstrom in the midday. She probably didn't work smart. After her Florida debacle her old employer didn't want her back, if its true she applied there.

If from the very beginning her channel's theme was 'I was born into money, and I am going to review the expensive things I buy and do so that you can decide if you want to spend your money on those things too' she would have attracted a degree of spoiled rich girl hate, but in the end a lot of people would be impressed she's honest and when it comes down to it, if they were born into her money they'd probably spend it the same way she does. There certainly wouldn't be thread after thread about what a mess she is.

So all we're left with is a spoiled girl who never grew up and her enabling mother, and the entertainment lies in how colossally she will ruin her life next, which the mean part of me adores. Yet, I would 100% unironically watch Elle if she retooled the channel, got honest, got help, and made the channel about the challenges of facing such deep-seated problems, and when she brags about her life, she brags about how she got better to make it better. I'd start a rave thread and never post in this one again.
Wow. Love this.

Reactions: 3

Once again, @boredstrom, you have perfectly expressed how I feel about Elle, much more eloquently than I ever could. You really do have a way with words. Thank you. You truly do win the thread.

Smh. She bought Joe a briefcase from the coach outlet that wasn't even $120. But look at what she spends for herself and she won't even be using these. You don't work and you can't go anywhere. This is why you have so many threads Eleanore Lecocq.
her selfishness knows no bounds

All jokes aside, this is why people should take care of their skin when theyā€™re young, and not rely on heavy make up and cosmetic procedures to improve their looks temporarily. All the work sheā€™s had done, the years of super heavy makeup, and overdose of exfoliants and acids (she uses that super strong Sunday Riley Good Genes and First Aid Beauty exfoliant pads way too much and doesnā€™t apply sunscreen...a big faux pas!) has taken its toll on her.

I do think her being generally unsatisfied with her life is contributing to her mean, hard faced look as well. When people are happy and kind, it shows on their face and itā€™s the opposite for Eleanor Florence.
Yes, this reminds me of the Twits quote.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Smh. She bought Joe a briefcase from the coach outlet that wasn't even $120.
It wasn't from the outlet, she bought it at the Coach store and it was around $500 CDN including taxes. Joe sold it on Facebook for $100. During that visit to Coach she also spent $900 on three T-Rex sweaters and a few hundred more on a T-Rex wristlet and some leather gloves.

• Wow
  • Sick
It wasn't from the outlet, she bought it at the Coach store and it was around $500 CDN including taxes. Joe sold it on Facebook for $100. During that visit to Coach she also spent $900 on three T-Rex sweaters and a few hundred more on a T-Rex wristlet and some leather gloves.
Lol those stupid T-Rex sweaters. I wonder which storage locker they're rotting in these days.

• Haha
Lol those stupid T-Rex sweaters. I wonder which storage locker they're rotting in these days.
She has no rhyme or reason to her purchases, she goes nowhere to wear so much. Imagine the investment portfolio or even properties (managed by a professional of course) she could own if she didn't have this spending problem.
Why does Ginette keep giving her money it makes no sense.
It can't be her own money through earnings, who does she think she is kiddingšŸ¤”šŸ¤”

Why does Ginette keep giving her money it makes no sense
Codependent relationship and raising a child who does not appreciate the value of money at all. My guess is Ginette is in the headspace of keeping Elle happy by providing for her and not really worrying about the dwindling nest egg. Or maybe they've got millions in the stock market and Elle will inherit it all one day.

I still can't believe Elle made her 60-something mother fly to see her during a pandemic. I certainly wouldn't step foot on a plane and would rather keep my parent safe than see them. Very telling that Ginette happily agreed to it and spent a couple thousand on Elle's new suitcases. God... these two are wacky.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She has no rhyme or reason to her purchases, she goes nowhere to wear so much. Imagine the investment portfolio or even properties (managed by a professional of course) she could own if she didn't have this spending problem.
Why does Ginette keep giving her money it makes no sense.
It can't be her own money through earnings, who does she think she is kiddingšŸ¤”šŸ¤”
I think sheā€™s just a classic spender. Itā€™s just unfathomable to prudent folks that you can prioritize shopping over a retirement fund. She also really expects that a man will eventually marry her and get her a house.

Part of this seems to be that Ginette didnā€™t actually spoil her that much in childhood (probably cos they were never rich). She has bitter memories of not having the coach wristlets that other girls had in high school, so in adulthood She overcompensates.

Especially at Durham or as a trainee in big law, she may have found herself a lot less wealthy / socially elite / smart than her peers and she simply cannot accept feeling mediocre.

so whatever income she gets from her job or scammy businesses, she spends and spends.

She has a scarcity & hoarder mindset and doesnā€™t have that abundant and quiet confidence that wealthy and successful people possess.

Reactions: 16
Codependent relationship and raising a child who does not appreciate the value of money at all. My guess is Ginette is in the headspace of keeping Elle happy by providing for her and not really worrying about the dwindling nest egg. Or maybe they've got millions in the stock market and Elle will inherit it all one day.

I still can't believe Elle made her 60-something mother fly to see her during a pandemic. I certainly wouldn't step foot on a plane and would rather keep my parent safe than see them. Very telling that Ginette happily agreed to it and spent a couple thousand on Elle's new suitcases. God... these two are wacky.
New suitcases? A couple thousand? What did I miss? I haven't seen this anywhere.

Reactions: 6
New suitcases? A couple thousand? What did I miss? I haven't seen this anywhere.
I think she's referring to the briefcases, but heck I don't follow Elle on insta so maybe she dropped another 2k on luggage to go nowhere and posted about it . . . . Her normal monthly shopping burn rate is like $3k to $7k so it wouldn't be abnormal for her.

I think these days the main purpose of her channel is to rationalize her disordered spending. She drops a couple thousand on something she doesn't need, makes a video about it and then she has the 30 or so comments that she doesn't delete from the Karens patting her on the back for 'money well spent.' They make for a nice virtual enabler when her mom is not answering texts.

Speaking of money, is she even ā€œhireableā€ at this point? She has not worked in over a year and the pandemic has made jobs a lot more scarce. I know Elle is notoriously lazy (I doubt she is looking for a high stress, demanding position), but I also am not 100 percent convinced she is unemployed at will. I have a friend who was laid off well before the pandemic started (end of January) and she is still looking for a job. Unlike Elle, my friend has consistent work experience and was laid off because her company was bought out. Fortunately my friend got a severance package but still, she doesnā€™t want to sit on her ass at home all day and has been sending out resumes for months.

On some level I sympathize with not being able to find work (I still have traumatic anxiety from the 2008 recession which ā€œGinetteā€ on YT claims Elle also had to overcome šŸ™„), but at the same time...why the F are you in a state where you have absolutely no connections and barely any American work experience???

Reactions: 9
Speaking of money, is she even ā€œhireableā€ at this point? She has not worked in over a year and the pandemic has made jobs a lot more scarce. I know Elle is notoriously lazy (I doubt she is looking for a high stress, demanding position), but I also am not 100 percent convinced she is unemployed at will. I have a friend who was laid off well before the pandemic started (end of January) and she is still looking for a job. Unlike Elle, my friend has consistent work experience and was laid off because her company was bought out. Fortunately my friend got a severance package but still, she doesnā€™t want to sit on her ass at home all day and has been sending out resumes for months.

On some level I sympathize with not being able to find work (I still have traumatic anxiety from the 2008 recession which ā€œGinetteā€ on YT claims Elle also had to overcome šŸ™„), but at the same time...why the F are you in a state where you have absolutely no connections and barely any American work experience???
I'm sure she can find something if she looked hard enough but as you say, it'll get more and more difficult as time passes by. But given Covid and the general state of the economy, she won't be the only one looking whose been unemployed for an extended period of time.

I'm guessing Smellenore will make up some sob story as well about her failed engagement to get sympathy from her interviewers, and she'll probably misrepresent the truth somehow to justify her time off. We've seen her scam innocent strangers during a pandemic and lie about her role at the mutual fund dealers, so why wouldn't she lie to HR or an interviewer? :rolleyes:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.