Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of money, is she even “hireable” at this point? She has not worked in over a year and the pandemic has made jobs a lot more scarce. I know Elle is notoriously lazy (I doubt she is looking for a high stress, demanding position), but I also am not 100 percent convinced she is unemployed at will. I have a friend who was laid off well before the pandemic started (end of January) and she is still looking for a job. Unlike Elle, my friend has consistent work experience and was laid off because her company was bought out. Fortunately my friend got a severance package but still, she doesn’t want to sit on her ass at home all day and has been sending out resumes for months.

On some level I sympathize with not being able to find work (I still have traumatic anxiety from the 2008 recession which “Ginette” on YT claims Elle also had to overcome 🙄), but at the same time...why the F are you in a state where you have absolutely no connections and barely any American work experience???
I think she's still hirable, but just for another analyst type position like the one she left. That's fine, its a job you can be proud of and it makes way more than the average salary nationwide.

She's not going to get taken on for any sort of job that would require her to practice law. She's not going to get hired for any position that would allow her to cover her current living expenses and maintain her monthly shopping burn.

But, to get hired for that analyst position with everything going on now, she'd have to be really aggressive. Be dropping a dozen applications a day. Think of things she could do even if they are different from what she did. Business analyst for a small tech co, public utility, industrial company, etc.

Problem is she doesn't want to work, so she's not going to be aggressive in looking for jobs. Compounding the problem, she doesn't have to work, because her mother and side hustles are giving her the lifestyle she wants. Until her mom cuts her off, why would she bust her ass to get a $80,000/year job when she is able to live and shop like someone making $150,000 without having to do much more than string beads for an hour a day?

Also I think she's in Seattle for the same reason she has 4 Rexy sweaters and 3 Boy Bags. It's expensive, trendy and a show of 'worth' in her world. It has nothing to do with job prospects. I am sure she sold the idea to her mother that it was an excellent place to look for work, but she also knows her mom is enough of a pushover that she won't actually have to get a job.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I think she's still hirable, but just for another analyst type position like the one she left. That's fine, its a job you can be proud of and it makes way more than the average salary nationwide.

She's not going to get taken on for any sort of job that would require her to practice law. She's not going to get hired for any position that would allow her to cover her current living expenses and maintain her monthly shopping burn.

But, to get hired for that analyst position with everything going on now, she'd have to be really aggressive. Be dropping a dozen applications a day. Think of things she could do even if they are different from what she did. Business analyst for a small tech co, public utility, industrial company, etc.

Problem is she doesn't want to work, so she's not going to be aggressive in looking for jobs. Compounding the problem, she doesn't have to work, because her mother and side hustles are giving her the lifestyle she wants. Until her mom cuts her off, why would she bust her ass to get a $80,000/year job when she is able to live and shop like someone making $150,000 without having to do much more than string beads for an hour a day?

Also I think she's in Seattle for the same reason she has 4 Rexy sweaters and 3 Boy Bags. It's expensive, trendy and a show of 'worth' in her world. It has nothing to do with job prospects. I am sure she sold the idea to her mother that it was an excellent place to look for work, but she also knows her mom is enough of a pushover that she won't actually have to get a job.
I agree! As someone pointed out previously, if she was as well off as she likes to make out then she would’ve rented a larger apartment. It’s also telling that while she acquired expensive things from time to time her lifestyle doesn’t seem to be that of an actual wealthy person. Rather she’s playing dress or make believe that she’s like the characters in Gossip Girl.

Reactions: 11
She was never an analyst though. She was an investigator at Canada's mutual fund regulator agency, and her job entailed conducting investigations into wrongdoing by mutual fund dealers, writing up those investigations, and providing evidence at hearings. It was quite a niche job and I don't know how many of the skills - like being a certified fraud investigator - are applicable to other fields.

Business analysis is a specialized field and most employers require education in the field. Elle should pursue a certificate in that, or at least do some online courses. Her resume, currently, is quite specialized and I imagine if she has been looking for a job it has been tough to stand out from the crowd, especially in a city like Seattle.

Reactions: 12
She was never an analyst though. She was an investigator at Canada's mutual fund regulator agency, and her job entailed conducting investigations into wrongdoing by mutual fund dealers, writing up those investigations, and providing evidence at hearings. It was quite a niche job and I don't know how many of the skills - like being a certified fraud investigator - are applicable to other fields.

Business analysis is a specialized field and most employers require education in the field. Elle should pursue a certificate in that, or at least do some online courses. Her resume, currently, is quite specialized and I imagine if she has been looking for a job it has been tough to stand out from the crowd, especially in a city like Seattle.
I'm a few years removed from that world, but I remember when Deloitte and PWC would hire gobs of analysts out of undergrad and ship them out all over the country. They didn't know much but it didn't matter because they came up to speed quickly and just made powerpoints all day that the partners made sure were right before they got to the client.

I feel like Elle could get a gig doing something similar just based on the fact she has some professional experience in Finance. It would be funny to see how well she would do on a team of 23 year-olds and no doubt she would feel all that is beneath her, but I think some recruiter out there would take a chance on her vs some fresh college grad.

But agreed, she has no direct experience in that area and could not compete with other people in their early 30's who had been doing it since they were 23.

Reactions: 8
I think she’s just a classic spender. It’s just unfathomable to prudent folks that you can prioritize shopping over a retirement fund. She also really expects that a man will eventually marry her and get her a house.

Part of this seems to be that Ginette didn’t actually spoil her that much in childhood (probably cos they were never rich). She has bitter memories of not having the coach wristlets that other girls had in high school, so in adulthood She overcompensates.

Especially at Durham or as a trainee in big law, she may have found herself a lot less wealthy / socially elite / smart than her peers and she simply cannot accept feeling mediocre.

so whatever income she gets from her job or scammy businesses, she spends and spends.

She has a scarcity & hoarder mindset and doesn’t have that abundant and quiet confidence that wealthy and successful people possess.
Your analysis would make sense for any other person, but Elle's family was pretty affluent. If you check out her early vids, she talks about all the trinkets she received as a child. People really should watch the earliest vids to get a sense of how good she's had it and much she was spoilt growing up...

Reactions: 5
Your analysis would make sense for any other person, but Elle's family was pretty affluent. If you check out her early vids, she talks about all the trinkets she received as a child. People really should watch the earliest vids to get a sense of how good she's had it and much she was spoilt growing up...
Are you talking about her Tiffany's jewelry collection? Yeah she does have a lot of Tiffany's (mostly silver) jewelry.

Reactions: 5
I truly don't think Elle will or needs to work a standard job, I don't like her but I don't blame her.
She has it cushy in a way, nice city and apartment and she is somewhat of an "entrepreneur".
If she wanted to ever work a traditional office job she could defo spin the Nouvelle Pearl story.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I truly don't think Elle will or needs to work a standard job, I don't like her but I don't blame her.
I don't think anyone here blames here for not working, but more that she a.) presents herself as a self-made lawyer and career expert and b.) is waiting for a husband to provide for her life. If she just said "hey, I'm unemployed and my mother is helping me out" then it would be less cringey. Instead Eleanore Florence Lecocq is making videos on briefcases and working from home outfits when it's all a scam!

The other thing is that Elle isn't an heiress. She went to university and graduate school and did work for many years. That's not something one does if they truly don't need the money! She's burning through her own savings and her mother's savings hoping a man will save her and allow her to be a SAHM who doesn't lift a finger.

• Heart
I don't think anyone here blames here for not working, but more that she a.) presents herself as a self-made lawyer and career expert and b.) is waiting for a husband to provide for her life. If she just said "hey, I'm unemployed and my mother is helping me out" then it would be less cringey. Instead Eleanore Florence Lecocq is making videos on briefcases and working from home outfits when it's all a scam!

The other thing is that Elle isn't an heiress. She went to university and graduate school and did work for many years. That's not something one does if they truly don't need the money! She's burning through her own savings and her mother's savings hoping a man will save her and allow her to be a SAHM who doesn't lift a finger.
This sums it up. Elle grew up middle to maybe upper middle class with substantial support from Ginette but let’s not pretend she’s a trust fund baby or truly wealthy. No heiress rents dingy apartments and buys secondhand designer goods in unpopular styles for the heavy discounts when a man is not footing the bill. As Katrina said, Eleanor Florence just burning through her and momma G’s savings while she aggressively looks for a rich man. Given that she doesn’t seem to save or invest, I get the feeling she’s 100% banking on some poor shmuck to pay for her lifestyle, shopping, and provide a house and car down the road.

This sums it up. Elle grew up middle to maybe upper middle class with substantial support from Ginette but let’s not pretend she’s a trust fund baby or truly wealthy. No heiress rents dingy apartments and buys secondhand designer goods in unpopular styles for the heavy discounts when a man is not footing the bill. As Katrina said, Eleanor Florence just burning through her and momma G’s savings while she aggressively looks for a rich man. Given that she doesn’t seem to save or invest, I get the feeling she’s 100% banking on some poor shmuck to pay for her lifestyle, shopping, and provide a house and car down the road.
I believe this too! But she will be in for a rude awakening if life actually happens. Husbands cheat and leave and they get sick and die just like normal humans. She's a fool to not be saving something for her future, mama G's money won't last forever and if she's left with children they will need supporting too.

Reactions: 9
Hi all! I stumbled on EF via a jewelry video; she had some very nice stuff from family. Then I went to look at her jewelry website and it was just very off somehow. Can I ask, how have people picked up all this backstory on her? Is it all in older videos or elsewhere?

Reactions: 4
overdose of exfoliants and acids (she uses that super strong Sunday Riley Good Genes and First Aid Beauty exfoliant pads way too much and doesn’t apply sunscreen...a big faux pas!)
That's something I find really odd about Elle. Why doesn't she use sunscreen? Or at least, she didn't, in those few makeup videos I watched. She strikes me as someone who takes care of herself (I even read somewhere she even gets her hair blown dry!), why skip sunscreen, the most important product of all?

She really has! I'm always a little surprised inside that someone so young (and not in Hollywood) is regularly getting botox.
Maybe it's more of prevention than remedy.

I really don't know what there is to yammer about basic af briefcases. These are neither utilitarian, nor fashionable.
100%!!!!

Reactions: 7
Yeah i think everyone has different standards for this. It’s quite subjective based on your circumstances. To me, those videos showcase an average middle class or slightly upper middle class upbringing. Elle selectively highlights some aspects of her life & I think she does a good job embellishing her life. She’s privileged but not wealthy.

At the end of the day, Elle has to work to fund her discount designer. We’ve seen her haul coach, MK, kate spade in her early 20s. There was a slow and steady progression to being able to afford higher end designer. You can tell she’s impressed by the wealthier lifestyle dating Chris. nobody with family money is this excited about a ysl handbag at 31.

She scams people online and relies on this income. Why do this if she doesn’t need the money? She rents dingy apartments when her boyfriend is not covering the the rent.

She admitted she only started looking at investing recently. Wealthy kids have financial advisers or their parents will at least give them money and advice to start investing in the stock market or a rental property. She doesn’t take international vacations on her own dime Nor have we heard of her travels as a child. This in particular is extremely weird for someone who grew up rich.

I mean she clearly loves DryBar but she could only afford this in the Joe era... we know she would if she had the Budget to go every week ...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That's something I find really odd about Elle. Why doesn't she use sunscreen? Or at least, she didn't, in those few makeup videos I watched. She strikes me as someone who takes care of herself (I even read somewhere she even gets her hair blown dry!), why skip sunscreen, the most important product of all?

Maybe it's more of prevention than remedy.
I agree, I always thought this was odd. She likes to brag about how “pale” and fair she is...but yet she almost never uses sunblock. Wouldn’t she want to protect her precious, fair skin? Lol.

ETA: another indicator Elle isn’t from money...her jewelry.

Aside from her crappy pearls she shills, a lot of what she owns isn’t heirloom quality and or entry level designer pieces. Unless it’s something common like the Cartier love bracelet or a VCA necklace/bracelet, you don’t see too many “luxury” Youtubers buy a lot of jewelry...why??? It’s often way too expensive and the resale value is poor compared to handbags...which a lot of luxury influencers seem to flip a LOT to maintain content.

Yes, I know not everyone is into jewelry, blah blah blah, but I think if she were from money she would own an heirloom watch or some type of brooch or necklace. At least that’s what I’ve noticed from women who have money. I wish I could afford it! 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Hi all! I stumbled on EF via a jewelry video; she had some very nice stuff from family. Then I went to look at her jewelry website and it was just very off somehow. Can I ask, how have people picked up all this backstory on her? Is it all in older videos or elsewhere?
Yes, start at video one and work your way up. I've been following her since 2014. I actually liked her back then but slowly, she started showing her true colors. My mom actually pegged her right away and I gave her the benefit of the doubt until I was proven wrong, LOL! Just be aware, she has deleted quite a few video's especially ones that have ex-boyfriends in them or information she's been called out on and now trying to cover up.

Edited to add that we have a lot of people on here that love to research and we have found some very interesting things about her online when things that she said weren't lining up.

Elle is privileged but she's not satisfied with her moderately affluent circumstances. She wants to be the 1%.

Not only does she want the $, she wants the prestige as well (title of big shot lawyer). BUT without any of the hard work.

As others have mentioned, we're not criticizing her for being privileged. It's the fact that she wants the easy way out, but she's far from honest about it. Lawyers work very long hours to have the income and prestige that come with the title. Elle has the audacity to lecture viewers on balancing her busy life, when she does not work a stressful job.

She actively scams naïve viewers/ people who are less well-off than her to fund her lifestyle & has the cheek to act extremely superior about it. This is very distasteful, at least pretend to be grateful for the Karens who are funding your sham lifestyle.

I find it irksome that people think she's just this wealthy girl with a snotty attitude. Wealthy people do not behave like her. She's a Grifter. She actively preys on people to upgrade her material possessions. She's wants WAY more than the simple life Ginette enjoys. Hence the need to actively scam viewers & hook a man.

• Heart
Yes, start at video one and work your way up. I've been following her since 2014. I actually liked her back then but slowly, she started showing her true colors. My mom actually pegged her right away and I gave her the benefit of the doubt until I was proven wrong, LOL! Just be aware, she has deleted quite a few video's especially ones that have ex-boyfriends in them or information she's been called out on and now trying to cover up.

Edited to add that we have a lot of people on here that love to research and we have found some very interesting things about her online when things that she said weren't lining up.
Welcome, @StockPhotoScientist, and Diva has made some great points. If you stick around long enough, some users may share uploads of her deleted videos (it seems to happen periodically but the links usually expire within a week). I've downloaded and watched quite a few myself, and it really backs up everything that the ladies discuss here.

Reactions: 8
At the risk of offending some on this thread, I have to say that owning 10 or 20 sterling silver pieces from Tiffany & Co. does not make you a wealthy person. Neither does buying luxury bags on online consignment websites or even at the store. It doesn’t not make you a wealthy person either. This type of conspicuous consumption doesn’t really tell us much about what is going on behind the scenes. Show me real assets and then we can start talking about wealth. That said, Elle does live a very comfortable lifestyle and does spend a lot more than most people. Whether or not she can truly afford such a lifestyle on her own (truly afford implies setting aside money for retirement and other investments) and whether or not her spending is “smart” is a whole other story. She throws thousands down the drain every month yet everything she buys is a “necessity” in her eyes because she is insecure and only concerned about appearances.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yeah i think everyone has different standards for this. It’s quite subjective based on your circumstances. To me, those videos showcase an average middle class or slightly upper middle class upbringing. Elle selectively highlights some aspects of her life & I think she does a good job embellishing her life. She’s privileged but not wealthy.

At the end of the day, Elle has to work to fund her discount designer. We’ve seen her haul coach, MK, kate spade in her early 20s. There was a slow and steady progression to being able to afford higher end designer. You can tell she’s impressed by the wealthier lifestyle dating Chris. nobody with family money is this excited about a ysl handbag at 31.

She scams people online and relies on this income. Why do this if she doesn’t need the money? She rents dingy apartments when her boyfriend is not covering the the rent.

She admitted she only started looking at investing recently. Wealthy kids have financial advisers or their parents will at least give them money and advice to start investing in the stock market or a rental property. She doesn’t take international vacations on her own dime Nor have we heard of her travels as a child. This in particular is extremely weird for someone who grew up rich.

I mean she clearly loves DryBar but she could only afford this in the Joe era... we know she would if she had the Budget to go every week ...
Economic terms like middle class, upper middle class, and upper class have standard definitions. They are not subjective. In America, if you make an annual family income of 100K - 350K, you're upper middle class, anything more and you're rich. By this definition and the worth of Elle's childhood home in Victoria and the gifts she received as a child, I would say she was upper middle class or at the lower end of upper class. I agree that she was never wealthy, but very few people in the world are.

Surmising affluence from behaviour does not account for cultural and personal differences. Those in the upper middle or lower end of the upper class can't buy everything they set their eyes on. They have most things available to them, but not everything. Investing money and financial advisers for children is the domain of the wealthy (think millions of dollars). As far as international vacations as a child go, even middle class people take their children on international vacations. It's a matter of inclination.

Reactions: 6
At the risk of offending some on this thread, I have to say that owning 10 or 20 sterling silver pieces from Tiffany & Co. does not make you a wealthy person. Neither does buying luxury bags on online consignment websites or even at the store. It doesn’t not make you a wealthy person either. This type of conspicuous consumption doesn’t really tell us much about what is going on behind the scenes. Show me real assets and then we can start talking about wealth. That said, Elle does live a very comfortable lifestyle and does spend a lot more than most people. Whether or not she can truly afford such a lifestyle on her own (truly afford implies setting aside money for retirement and other investments) and whether or not her spending is “smart” is a whole other story. She throws thousands down the drain every month yet everything she buys is a “necessity” in her eyes because she is insecure and only concerned about appearances.
I completely agree with everything you have mentioned.

To the credit of Eleanor Florence's subscribers who may be misled about Elle's economic situation, as @Wheelsbaby's great posts on this page have pointed out, she's a grifter whose actively trying to portray a "wealthy" and "successful" image to her less privleged viewers in order to earn a quick buck off of them or the respect and admiration she never got growing up. It's easy to fall for Elle's narrative when you first look at her (just like her painted on, fake face and fake niceness) but it quickly starts to not add together to most people.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.