Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, start at video one and work your way up. I've been following her since 2014. I actually liked her back then but slowly, she started showing her true colors. My mom actually pegged her right away and I gave her the benefit of the doubt until I was proven wrong, LOL! Just be aware, she has deleted quite a few video's especially ones that have ex-boyfriends in them or information she's been called out on and now trying to cover up.

Edited to add that we have a lot of people on here that love to research and we have found some very interesting things about her online when things that she said weren't lining up.
Curious to hear your Mom's thoughts on Elle...

Reactions: 5
Economic terms like middle class, upper middle class, and upper class have standard definitions. They are not subjective. In America, if you make an annual family income of 100K - 350K, you're upper middle class, anything more and you're rich. By this definition and the worth of Elle's childhood home in Victoria and the gifts she received as a child, I would say she was upper middle class or at the lower end of upper class. I agree that she was never wealthy, but very few people in the world are.

Surmising affluence from behaviour does not account for cultural and personal differences. Those in the upper middle or lower end of the upper class can't buy everything they set their eyes on. They have most things available to them, but not everything. Investing money and financial advisers for children is the domain of the wealthy (think millions of dollars). As far as international vacations as a child go, even middle class people take their children on international vacations. It's a matter of inclination.
I have to respectfully disagree here. 100k a year is barely scraping by in cities like New York/San Francisco/Vancouver (you're definitely living paycheck to paycheck if this is the household income, unless you were given property and not dealing with a mortgage or rent) and social class isn't just denoted by current income, or everyone who manages to land nicely paid job is "upper class." Elle's complete lack of manners, the way her spending fluctuates heavily depending on if a man is in the picture, and the fact that she has no investments, property, or any financial sense highly suggests that she is quite average/middle class. There is nothing wrong with this but let's not fall for the false narrative she tries to portray. No upper class person spends like a fiend on consignment store goods to give the illusion of owning "lots of Chanel" and they also don't do things like slam doors into people's faces or make a scene about an Uber eats driver being in an accident and delivering their food late. This screams poor manners and a not so good upbringing.

The fact that Kate Middleton, before she married Prince William, was referred to by the global media as a middle class girl should be enough indication that Eleanor Florence is nowhere near upper class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Elle is privileged but she's not satisfied with her moderately affluent circumstances. She wants to be the 1%.

Not only does she want the $, she wants the prestige as well (title of big shot lawyer). BUT without any of the hard work.

As others have mentioned, we're not criticizing her for being privileged. It's the fact that she wants the easy way out, but she's far from honest about it. Lawyers work very long hours to have the income and prestige that come with the title. Elle has the audacity to lecture viewers on balancing her busy life, when she does not work a stressful job.

She actively scams naïve viewers/ people who are less well-off than her to fund her lifestyle & has the cheek to act extremely superior about it. This is very distasteful, at least pretend to be grateful for the Karens who are funding your sham lifestyle.

I find it irksome that people think she's just this wealthy girl with a snotty attitude. Wealthy people do not behave like her. She's a Grifter. She actively preys on people to upgrade her material possessions. She's wants WAY more than the simple life Ginette enjoys. Hence the need to actively scam viewers & hook a man.
I can't speak for others, but I don't correlate wealth with scammy behaviour. I have met nice rich people and scammy rich people. Elle lies in the latter camp.

An affluent childhood is more an indicator of Ginette’s wealth as opposed to Elle's. However, wealth is not static. It dwindles over time due to expenses and inflation and you constantly have to add to it through work or investment. I am sure Ginette has investments, which are enough to sustain her comfortable lifestyle into her old age and maybe even leave a small inheritance for Elle. However, neither she (for some time) nor Elle work and as time goes on, their lifestyle is bound to deteriorate. How much and how fast is the real indicator of their wealth.

Also, this assumption about wealthy people not having to hustle is incorrect. Even the millionaires and billionaires have to hustle and can be swindlers. Ever heard of Conrad Black?

I have to respectfully disagree here. 100k a year is barely scraping by in cities like New York/San Francisco/Vancouver (you're definitely living paycheck to paycheck if this is the household income, unless you were given property and not dealing with a mortgage or rent) and social class isn't just denoted by current income, or everyone who manages to land nicely paid job is "upper class." Elle's complete lack of manners, the way her spending fluctuates heavily depending on if a man is in the picture, and the fact that she has no investments, property, or any financial sense highly suggests that she is quite average/middle class. There is nothing wrong with this but let's not fall for the false narrative she tries to portray. No upper class person spends like a fiend on consignment store goods to give the illusion of owning "lots of Chanel" and they also don't do things like slam doors into people's faces or make a scene about an Uber eats driver being in an accident and delivering their food late. This screams poor manners and a not so good upbringing.

The fact that Kate Middleton, before she married Prince William, was referred to by the global media as a middle class girl should be enough indication that Eleanor Florence is nowhere near upper class.
Economics is economics is economics and I am going by the economic definition of class in America. We can try to import behaviour into the class definition, but that's hardly representative and subject to huge variability across cultures and locations. The wealthy are not a homogeneous group with one set of character traits.

Social class is an entirely different beast and is constantly evolving. It is also dependent on culture. The old definitions of class no longer hold water even in English society. The rise of celebrity culture, specially influencer culture has changed this. And let's not talk about English media. I recall how they referred to Diana (before her death) and Fergie (to this day).

100K is not barely scraping by in NYC, unless you're living in Manhattan. And hey, if 100K only gets you so far, move to a place that you can easily afford and live a comfortable life in. There are no limitations on mobility within a country, which is why economic indicators typically tend to look at countries, not cities.

Bad manners and unsavoury behaviour is not tied to wealth or class. As you rightly pointed out, it has to do with upbringing, specifically a spoilt upbringing.

Recognizing that Elle grew up affluent is not an endorsement of her or her lifestyle. It doesn't take away from her greedy and selfish behaviour or how she treats people and takes advantage of them. She can be all of those things despite being privileged. Her narrative of a special little snowflake princess still remains untrue.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I think the one thing everyone here can agree on is that she has no class.
A little off-topic here but I’m very impressed that despite Elle not posting as regularly as before (both on Instagram and on her YouTube channel), we can still keep the threads rolling. 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm not sure why this has become so heated - you find Elle affluent, but quite a few of us don't based on our personal experiences. Just as you have your opinion, we have ours, and our opinion doesn't invalidate yours, and yours doesn't invalidate ours. Let's just get off this topic.

One thing is for sure, Elle's manners are bad regardless of how you perceive her class or economic situation.

Reactions: 10
I'm not sure why this has become so heated - you find Elle affluent, but quite a few of us don't based on our personal experiences. Just as you have your opinion, we have ours, and our opinion doesn't invalidate yours, and yours doesn't invalidate ours. Let's just get off this topic.

One thing is for sure, Elle's manners are bad regardless of how you perceive her class or economic situation.
Having a difference of opinion is not a heated argument in my world. This is a discussion forum after all. I quite enjoyed the discussion, but looks like it upset you. I am happy to change topics.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Your analysis would make sense for any other person, but Elle's family was pretty affluent. If you check out her early vids, she talks about all the trinkets she received as a child. People really should watch the earliest vids to get a sense of how good she's had it and much she was spoilt growing up...
For people who don't find Ginette or Elle wealthy or rich, are you all multimillionaires or something? I mean Ginette and Elle are able to live well (not super rich but upper-middle class life) without having to work and have done so for 10+ years. How many other families are able to do that?

I'm wondering have you inherited millions of dollars or make 6 figures? Even people who make 6 figures don't buy luxury handbags IMO - they have mortgages to pay, children to raise, school fees to pay, maybe student loans, etc... Seriously...

Reactions: 13
Having a difference of opinion is not a heated argument in my world. This is a discussion forum after all. I quite enjoyed the discussion, but looks like it upset you. I am happy to change topics.
I'm not upset but I think you have a very specific view of wealth and class that seems to be tied to the U.S. census and I'm not sure how productive it would be for you and the rest of us who disagree to talk about this. We perceive affluence differently and that's perfectly fine.

Reactions: 3
I'm not upset but I think you have a very specific view of wealth and class that seems to be tied to the U.S. census and I'm not sure how productive it would be for you and the rest of us who disagree to talk about this. We perceive affluence differently and that's perfectly fine.
I guess your idea of affluence is to be in the top 0.1%, have a trust fund worth at least $20-30 million dollars USD, etc...Because Ginette and Elle are definitely in the top 1-2% of Canadians.

Reactions: 7
I think the original point being made was that Elle while privileged in many ways, did not grow up wealthy (or as wealthy as she would have hoped per her princess standards). She has made remarks that she didn’t have the coach wristlets other girls had in high school, and things of that nature. This seems to be a sore point for her. Ginette May be well-off but she definitely wasn’t lavishing teenage Elle in designer clothes or bags.

This background helps to explain the insatiable need to shop & create an inflated sense of grandeur about her life in adulthood. It also partly explains her excitement over mundane luxury items - she wasn’t given that kind of access to designer goods growing up.

She may qualify as upper middle class in median economic terms, but it wasn’t enough for her to feel adequate next to her peers growing up. Additionally, where she went for university & articling in big law didn’t help. There are plenty of really wealthy people in these circles. She also met Chris who introduced her to a more luxurious lifestyle. she either got inspired by the upgraded lifestyles she saw and made it her goal to acquire flashy goods to try and fit in, or she felt even more insecure and this fuelled her need to keep up appearances. Hence the need to brag about Vancouver Club, a career in law, and hoarding discount designer.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Honestly I think Elle shops (partly) because she is bored. I mean what else does she have in her life? She worked a 9-4 job (she was at the gym at 4:30 pm on some days). She had no other hobbies and Ginette (and her BFs) funds her so she can.

When I got my first job and pay check, I also splurged a lot on makeup, clothes, handbags (not luxury but more Coach, MK, Kate Spade lol). But I realized I didn't need so much stuff, and it was cluttering my apartment. So I stopped, decluttered, and went more minimalist (better on my wallet and better for my apartment decor).

Maybe if Elle had a more constructive hobby, it'll be better for her. Something like training for a half-marathon, or fitness competition, she'd be better off. Or she can go travelling, take some GIA courses as we said previously. But she is so unadventurous. I think most of us here would live better than her if we had all her privileges, money, and free time.

I had one friend like Elle and she took up ballroom dancing as a hobby. She loved to shop, wear makeup and show off. The hobby gave her an outlet to buy pretty clothes, outfits, gowns, and shoes for her hobby, and she travelled extensively for competitions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
For people who don't find Ginette or Elle wealthy or rich, are you all multimillionaires or something? I mean Ginette and Elle are able to live well (not super rich but upper-middle class life) without having to work and have done so for 10+ years. How many other families are able to do that?
I have some close relatives that haven’t been working since 2000 and they were able to raise their kids, send them to college, afford a few properties, and annual family trips around the world. Are they wealthy? No. They eat at affordable buffet restaurant all the time and live in a humble life style. Life is multi-dimensional. I think it’s hard for us to assess someone’s wealth just based on what we see.

Reactions: 13
I'm wondering have you inherited millions of dollars or make 6 figures? Even people who make 6 figures don't buy luxury handbags IMO - they have mortgages to pay, children to raise, school fees to pay, maybe student loans, etc... Seriously...
I don’t think anyone is arguing that Elle wasn’t privileged and not upper middle class. I think by all accounts she is, but I think she is a phony when it comes to representing her lifestyle, whether she means to do this or not.

Also I definitely am not in the rich or upper middle class. Anyway, the conversation is going in circles.

I guess your idea of affluence is to be in the top 0.1%, have a trust fund worth at least $20-30 million dollars USD, etc...Because Ginette and Elle are definitely in the top 1-2% of Canadians.
I am not familiar with the income distribution in Canada, but Ellle and Ginette are definitely not in the top 1-2% of the US income distribution, or at least they don’t appear to be — after all, we have no idea what Ginette’s assets and earnings are. I doubt Elle is even in the top 10% for either earnings or wealth (assuming Ginette’s assets are not also in her name). Ginette, on the other hand, likely is. No one has said they are not comfortable — they certainly are and live better than the great majority of people in the US; I also would be inclined to think none of us spends the way she does, and if we did, most of us would likely be on our way to financial ruin. But that doesn’t mean they are in the top 1-2%. In terms of wealth, well over 10% of the US has more than $1 million in assets, so if you want to talk about the top 1%, you would probably need at least $12 million, if not more. If we’re talking income, then, depending on your data source and geographic location, you need at least $500,000 a year to be in the top 1% — not millions, but not what Ginette “appears” to be earning and definitely not what Elle is earning. In terms of economic class, they are definitely upper middle class. Social class is a whole other story.

Elle has (access to) money. I know her current apartment isn't as nice as the one she lived in with Joe but if you saw the far-flung dumps my musician friends lived in after moving to Seattle in the mid 2000's, you'd say where she is now is pretty darn nice. Any my friends living in these dumps had 60k+ day jobs.

If you watch through a vlogmas or girlboss week you can total up that she's blowing through 3k-7k a month on impulse shopping. That's 60k a year after taxes and doesn't count things like rent, groceries, healthcare, and transportation. That 60k is getting blown year in and year out. The fact that all these luxury bags and sweaters started showing up in vids without a haul after Rick was out of the picture shows that she kept burning that 5k a month even when she had no job. She's still at it.

I think people have issues with words like middle class/affluent/rich and definitions vary and that makes sense because they are loaded words. I'll say one thing I think a lot of people can agree with: Whoever is funding Elle is not worrying about funding their needs.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I am not familiar with the income distribution in Canada, but Ellle and Ginette are definitely not in the top 1-2% of the US income distribution, or at least they don’t appear to be — after all, we have no idea what Ginette’s assets and earnings are. I doubt Elle is even in the top 10% for either earnings or wealth (assuming Ginette’s assets are not also in her name). Ginette, on the other hand, likely is. No one has said they are not comfortable — they certainly are and live better than the great majority of people in the US; I also would be inclined to think none of us spends the way she does, and if we did, most of us would likely be on our way to financial ruin. But that doesn’t mean they are in the top 1-2%. In terms of wealth, well over 10% of the US has more than $1 million in assets, so if you want to talk about the top 1%, you would probably need at least $12 million, if not more. If we’re talking income, then, depending on your data source and geographic location, you need at least $500,000 a year to be in the top 1% — not millions, but not what Ginette “appears” to be earning and definitely not what Elle is earning. In terms of economic class, they are definitely upper middle class. Social class is a whole other story.
Am Canadian. E & G being in the top 1-2% of Canadians does not sound right to me either, though I think the general disparity here is less than what it is in the U.S. Very geography dependent as well - cities like Vancouver and Toronto are very different and much closer to the major American cities in terms of cost and income distribution than the prairies or small towns. 100k/year would mean you're living in a pretty nice house in some places, but in Vancouver/Toronto, after tax, you can't afford the down payment on a studio apartment unless you've saved for a while (and have lived frugally during all this time) or have help from family and/or your partner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I wasn't sure about the top 1-2% of Canadians, but you are surprisingly correct:

"According to the 2011 NHS, 10% of Canadians
Note1 had total incomes of more than $80,400Note2 in 2010,Note3 almost triple the national median income of $27,800.Note4 To be in the top 5%, Canadians needed to have a total income of slightly above $102,300 and to be in the top 1% required just over $191,100, nearly seven times the national median income."

(Source: https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-014-x/99-014-x2011003_2-eng.cfm)

"You Need Over $6.1 Million To Be In Canada’s 1%
The revised numbers mean a ticket to the one percent club is fairly steep. To be in Canada’s one-percent, you need a minimum net-worth of $6.1 million. The top 0.1% requires a minimum net-worth of $29.3 million now. The 0.01% has a minimum net-worth of $143.1 million dollars. Net-worth is defined as household assets minus liabilities."

According to the article above, top 1% of Canadians have net worth (net worth, not just cash, Ginette had a $2 million house in Victoria) of $6.1 million dollars. IIRC, I read that top 2% had net worth of around $3-4 million dollars (can't find the article at this moment). So Ginette is in the top 1-2% of net worths.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.