Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a feeling it was sterling silver myself but I was trying to be nice and assume he spent a little more on a 10k white gold one. šŸ˜‚ And yep, he did leave her less than 6 months later...wasnā€™t it April he packed his bags?

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread he didnā€™t even get the bracelet sized properly. You would think that Elleā€”with her ā€œextensiveā€ knowledge of gemstones and jewelryā€”would know the difference between fine vs costume jewelry AND understand how to get jewelry properly sized/fitted. šŸ™„šŸ˜‚
I think it's quite rare to find lower quality diamonds on platinum or white gold here, but I may be wrong about this. I feel like the majority of items that borderline costume/fine jewelry are set in sterling silver. I doubt Elle would ever confirm what it is unless it's to lie about it. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah if the bracelet was their second xmas together I am sure he was thinking of splitting. It was probably the turning point because he knew she was expecting an engagement ring and he was forced to sit down and contemplate what the rest of his life would be like with her. Maybe he did that, realized he didn't want that life and at the 11th hour had to run out and grab something quickly just to give her something.

Elle probably could have saved herself if she saw the signs when she opened that bracelet. Imagine if after xmas told him that she realized she wasn't pulling her weight financially and wanted to pitch in more. That she loved him and wanted their relationship to be a partnership in every way possible. It would be a nice way of saying 'I am going to try and work on not being such a greedy asshole' and might have saved her.

But if you look at those girlboss vlogs between that xmas and the breakup, you can see she did the exact opposite. Spent more, bought more, continued to try and outsource even her basic care to other people.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have a feeling it was sterling silver myself but I was trying to be nice and assume he spent a little more on a 10k white gold one. šŸ˜‚ And yep, he did leave her less than 6 months later...wasnā€™t it April he packed his bags?

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread he didnā€™t even get the bracelet sized properly. You would think that Elleā€”with her ā€œextensiveā€ knowledge of gemstones and jewelryā€”would know the difference between fine vs costume jewelry AND understand how to get jewelry properly sized/fitted. šŸ™„šŸ˜‚
I agree. I think itā€™s sterling silver. If you look on the Peopleā€™s jewelry website there is one with lobster clasp similar look to Elleā€™s and itā€™s set in sterling silver. I think Joe probably didnā€™t want to spend too much knowing he wasnā€™t sure he wanted forever with Elle. She definitely wanted and engagement ring (Christmas engagement would be so fitting for her Hallmark movie life) and the bracelet was to appease her.
Personally, I agree with another poster. I would have sold the bracelet and gotten something else for myself. Why be reminded of your ex? Also I know this view maybe a bit old fashion but wonā€™t your current boyfriend be a bit bothered by you wearing something else from another man?

Yeah if the bracelet was their second xmas together I am sure he was thinking of splitting. It was probably the turning point because he knew she was expecting an engagement ring and he was forced to sit down and contemplate what the rest of his life would be like with her. Maybe he did that, realized he didn't want that life and at the 11th hour had to run out and grab something quickly just to give her something.

Elle probably could have saved herself if she saw the signs when she opened that bracelet. Imagine if after xmas told him that she realized she wasn't pulling her weight financially and wanted to pitch in more. That she loved him and wanted their relationship to be a partnership in every way possible. It would be a nice way of saying 'I am going to try and work on not being such a greedy asshole' and might have saved her.

But if you look at those girlboss vlogs between that xmas and the breakup, you can see she did the exact opposite. Spent more, bought more, continued to try and outsource even her basic care to other people.
I agree. He probably knew she wanted an engagement ring. He wasnā€™t quite ready bought the tennis bracelet to keep her happy and buy him more time to figure out what he wanted. And of course she never changed so he up and left.

Reactions: 13
Also I know this view maybe a bit old fashion but wonā€™t your current boyfriend be a bit bothered by you wearing something else from another man?
Elle has so much crap she's bought herself and she deletes all of her content with her exes when they dump her so most likely, Mr Next has no way of knowing where any one of her shiny trinkets came from. But people on here know.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Elle has so much crap she's bought herself and she deletes all of her content with her exes when they dump her so most likely, Mr Next has no way of knowing where any one of her shiny trinkets came from. But people on here know.
Any man worth his salt will definitely google his Tinder/Hinge/Bumble dates and he's bound to come across one of these eventually. Eleanor Florence can lie, but she can't keep up the charade forever, especially when he'll eventually find out about her channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I personally think she doesnā€™t care if anything would reminder herself or others of her exes. She may even take pride in it in a weird way. I saw a baffling photo and response she posted only one month after Joe dumped her.
This was back in the days when his Instagram was public but apparently she started liking Chrisā€™ photos after Joe dumped her, and the same thing happened after Rick. Girl really wants some of that tech moolah and has no shame. šŸ¤‘šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She should sell that hideous multicolored Chanel Boy for a nice tennis bracelet if sheā€™s so desperate to expand her fine jewelry collection. Pretty sad to wear chintzy costume jewelry your ex gave you while your handbags cost more. šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She should sell that hideous multicolored Chanel Boy for a nice tennis bracelet if sheā€™s so desperate to expand her fine jewelry collection. Pretty sad to wear chintzy costume jewelry your ex gave you while your handbags cost more. šŸ™„
Nah she's still hoping if she sleeps with it under her pillow it will turn into a real boy.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Everyone needs to watch the laptop bag haul if you havenā€™t already. I canā€™t remember which point it is but thereā€™s a moment where sheā€™s ā€œmodelingā€ the bag and thereā€™s an absolutely dead expression on her face. Itā€™s like sheā€™s either (a) aware that the Smirk is ridiculous and is actively trying to conceal it, or (b) she truly is dead inside. I was shocked when I saw that look. Iā€™m at my office but if anyone has time to grab a screenshot, Iā€™d love to see it on here.

• Haha
  • Wow
Everyone needs to watch the laptop bag haul if you havenā€™t already. I canā€™t remember which point it is but thereā€™s a moment where sheā€™s ā€œmodelingā€ the bag and thereā€™s an absolutely dead expression on her face. Itā€™s like sheā€™s either (a) aware that the Smirk is ridiculous and is actively trying to conceal it, or (b) she truly is dead inside. I was shocked when I saw that look. Iā€™m at my office but if anyone has time to grab a screenshot, Iā€™d love to see it on here.
Is it this one? She makes a similar expression while modelling the other bag. Also why does her face looks so different all the time depending on angle/lighting/makeup...also looks like #girlboss colored her hair recently. "I haven't colored my hair for ten years" my ass. :rolleyes:
1603206042184.png

• Haha
  • Heart
YESSSS THATā€™S IT! Youā€™re the best for finding that.
Glad we both caught that! She's beginning to have a very hard face...that definitely happens to people as they age when they are unkind/unhappy/dissatisfied with life.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Right?! You can only hide misery so long. What do we think? Finally feeling the gravity of her choices or trying to prove wrong us haters?

Reactions: 10
I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ladies, you just donā€™t understand.
Her life is what they write Hallmark movies about.
She wears the bracelet because one day when the borders open Joe or Chris ( doesnā€™t matter to her which one) will knock on her door and say I miss you come back to my life. She will hold up the bracelet she is wearing on her wrist and say itā€™s always been you. I admit a little awkward with Chris but what ever girls gotta marry someone.
She will move home to her new apartment they pay for and hang her Joes era apartment picture on the wall and wax lyrical about how they serendipitously made it here.
So see ladies no job, hanging onto gifts from exā€™s and acquiring more things is just smart. She will be ready when Joe, Chris or even Rick has realized what they have done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.