Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sheepsmeadow

I will admit that a long time ago, I was starting an internship in Paris and went to Galleries Lafayette and bought a briefcase because I was new to the work world and, for some bizarre reason, thought briefcases were essential. Did I ever use that briefcase? Hell no! I still have it, and it is lovely to look at, but it is so impractical and unnecessary. What do I use if I must lug a laptop? Why, a backpack, of course! I do what is best for my back and don’t lug a briefcase just to “look good”. As another poster pointed out, real life is not an episode of Suits. In real life, unless you have a car, you have to walk a lot, take public transportation or bike to work, which means carrying a briefcase is far from ideal. Now, you would think that at the very least she’d buy these briefcases (can’t believe it’s plural) because she is actually starting a new job, but we all know that is not the case. She is doing it to fill an empty void and fulfill her fantasy of being a “girl boss” with somewhere to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

MUALover

Chatty Member
You know Elle is a bit messy. She's one of those people whose apartment, clothes, hair, makeup, and handbags look dirty on closer inspection.

Her apartment is cluttered already (as we all know). But when she's not shooting a home tour, sometimes her apartment is a bit filthy. Her clothes look ok but in some pictures (if the angle is right), looks like it's pilling like crazy. We all know about her hair. Her handbags have a messy / dirty appearance to them if you look closely. Her makeup and brushes in that pumpkin patch video was filthy. Does she ever clean her makeup?

MissGlam21

During the interview...

Principal Attorney: So Eleanor, to what extent is your experience with fraud and securities regulations?

Eleanor: Well, I launched a promotion for my pearls when I lived in Seattle for only 3 months. I stated that my pearls and materials were locally sourced from small businesses affected by the pandemic. I then got called out by these mean haters on the internet so I had no choice but to take that promotion down. I’m not a fraud and I regulate my insecurities well. It’s been a difficult few months but I’ve slowly been treating myself to skincare, makeup, candles, gnocchi, and luxury briefcases (in no particular order).

• Haha

thecatlass

VIP Member
Ummm... I wanted to say she will be cleverer this time and make the guy propose before moving in together, but then I remembered she pulled that trick with Papa Alligator and he still dumped her ass...

Maybe she will really be on her best behavior for around 1.5- 2 years (until they're married), and then (when it is too late) she will show her true colors.

As to decent earner... I think those attractive, with good careers, fun that are in her age group (30-40) are already taken. She'll either have to settle for a Rick-like weirdo who tries to hide his modest paycheck with supreme word salad skills or a reasonably well-paid guy but either really shy or mean like Chris The English Troll.

Last edited:
  • Haha

thecatlass

VIP Member

🤮 Sorry to be a killjoy but the painting is no Van Gogh 😂 Also, maybe it's good that Rickets and Smelle never went through with the wedding and had kids if his parenting inspiration is drawn from 'Top Gun' lol

• Haha

APoppy

I have a feeling it was sterling silver myself but I was trying to be nice and assume he spent a little more on a 10k white gold one. 😂 And yep, he did leave her less than 6 months later...wasn’t it April he packed his bags?

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread he didn’t even get the bracelet sized properly. You would think that Elle—with her “extensive” knowledge of gemstones and jewelry—would know the difference between fine vs costume jewelry AND understand how to get jewelry properly sized/fitted. 🙄😂
I agree. I think it’s sterling silver. If you look on the People’s jewelry website there is one with lobster clasp similar look to Elle’s and it’s set in sterling silver. I think Joe probably didn’t want to spend too much knowing he wasn’t sure he wanted forever with Elle. She definitely wanted and engagement ring (Christmas engagement would be so fitting for her Hallmark movie life) and the bracelet was to appease her.
Personally, I agree with another poster. I would have sold the bracelet and gotten something else for myself. Why be reminded of your ex? Also I know this view maybe a bit old fashion but won’t your current boyfriend be a bit bothered by you wearing something else from another man?

Yeah if the bracelet was their second xmas together I am sure he was thinking of splitting. It was probably the turning point because he knew she was expecting an engagement ring and he was forced to sit down and contemplate what the rest of his life would be like with her. Maybe he did that, realized he didn't want that life and at the 11th hour had to run out and grab something quickly just to give her something.

Elle probably could have saved herself if she saw the signs when she opened that bracelet. Imagine if after xmas told him that she realized she wasn't pulling her weight financially and wanted to pitch in more. That she loved him and wanted their relationship to be a partnership in every way possible. It would be a nice way of saying 'I am going to try and work on not being such a greedy asshole' and might have saved her.

But if you look at those girlboss vlogs between that xmas and the breakup, you can see she did the exact opposite. Spent more, bought more, continued to try and outsource even her basic care to other people.
I agree. He probably knew she wanted an engagement ring. He wasn’t quite ready bought the tennis bracelet to keep her happy and buy him more time to figure out what he wanted. And of course she never changed so he up and left.

drewberry_moore

Elle's face looks... Droopy. Melted, almost. Like she's aged 5 years in the last few months. Compare her now and a year ago when she was "radiantly happy" with the "luff of my life" and there's a big difference.

• Haha

PrePackingPrep

For most people ending up alone in a city unable to find a job or make friends after being dumped four times in a row would be a Oh my god, my life is shit. I need to change myself in order to change my life realization. Not Elle. She has not grown or challenged herself at all.
I used to view her as spoiled but harmless. At this point I see something much worse. It's obvious she doesn't have a job. It would be understandable if she never mentioned work to save herself the embarrassment. But continuing to talk about working from home, needing a bag for her laptop, work outfits, etc?! It's nuts! Pretending to like hiking in the hopes that it will attract a man is also nuts. She hasn't learned by now that men can quickly figure out that she's not outdoorsy?
She should just give it up and move in with her mom. She's not getting married.

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I think something else must have happened between my daily sweet and Elle. MDS was religiously following her own guru gossip thread, so must have kept up and read Elle’s. MDS was likely always using Elle for exposure too. Maybe Natalie went to talk to Elle about what happened and it erupted from there.
I agree that they probably did fall out over something vs. just falling out of touch given how touchy Eleanor is whenever someone mentions Natalie. I can totally see Elle throwing a fit if Natalie spoke to her about the GG threads, insisting that she "doesn't answer to rumors" when we all know she's embarrassed that people have discovered her lies and have the receipts to back things up.

• Heart

Katrina_AK_0099

Oh and by the way, she's a lawyer and a law professor, so those aren't part of her scams.
Sorry to burst your bubble, Seri. Elle is certainly not a law professor, as previous posts attest.

Prior to her new job, she never, ever worked as a lawyer/attorney/barrister. Your girl has been scamming folks for eight years!

thecatlass

VIP Member
Elle is not a lawyer. She has had one job in her entire career, her job title is fraud investigator. She has never worked anywhere where she can be referred to as lawyer or in house counsel. Her only time at a law firm is as an intern or a trainee.

Public documents confirming this - she is a Investigator: https://mfda.ca/reasons-for-decision/reasons201637/
Her colleague on the other hand is enforcement counsel, she is not. Many people have found job descriptions for her role & her colleagues with the same investigator title, a law degree is preferred but not required.

She teaches an online course part time. She is a part time online lecturer. To call her a professor is making a mockery of all the hard working academics who have worked extremely hard to get to their position.

Elle has a law degree and a masters. But she has never worked as a lawyer. Nothing wrong with that, many people in the UK have law degrees and choose another profession because it is an undergraduate degree (unlike in the states where law is a graduate course and requires a lot more time/money/commitment).

Elle intentionally misleads and profits off her fake image as a practicing lawyer. Elle has a 9-5 job, can take Long Nordstrom lunches and doesn’t work weekends. An investigator job is perfectly respectable. The way she lies about it isn’t.
I second that. While she is qualified to work as a lawyer (in Canada - she holds relevant degree and passed the bar, she'd have to renew her license, though), she never worked as one (her traineeship took place before she got called to the bar).

Teaching an online contract law course on one evening a week doesn't make you a professor. You could call such person a part- time instructor or part-time lecturer.

BTW, looks like Smelle's 'friend' is her competitor 😂😂😂 The mask-making girl is selling scarves now. Wonder if the hiking and pumpkin patch trips will soon come to an end and when someone asks Smelle about the 'friend who was selling masks', she'll pretend she doesn't know who they're referring to hahaha
Screenshot_20201109_102331.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

greenbear

VIP Member
Someone else first made this comment but strong Grey Gardens energy here. :ROFLMAO:
Not as much Grey Gardens as Dr Dray and her mom :sick:

I know Smelle is a selfish pig, but all those "affordable" handbags longchamp etc and her mountains of clothing would be so better served to a woman's charity than lying in a crumbled mess on Smelle's dirty floor.
There are charities that provide interview appropriate clothing for ladies trying to get back into the workforce.
Why can't Smelle see a need other than her own.

VeraF

The giggling is insane 😲 if she’s this ditzy in front of her friend, I can’t imagine how annoying she is with a partner... does her friend just put up with it because she has an Etsy shop & wants the exposure ?!!
I am a pretty jovial person, but I don't know what it is about her giggling that induces rage in me. It was at its worst with Joe. That guy was a Saint, I would not have lasted more than an hour with her... 😡🤬😡

• Haha

202leda

There is nothing wrong with loving YSL bags. They're not cheap and I heard Chanel bags weren't that comfortable (the strap digs in). Plus Elle does have 2 Chanel bags that I love (the pale Chanel one and the Chanel navy blue boy bag, plus the Chanel WOC). Honestly, I prefer YSL for evening bags (I love the YSL Kate Tassel bag WOC). Most girls Elle's age don't even have 1 Chanel bag let alone 3. I know I don't.

In hindsight, I think Elle was bringing in a lot of money from her side gigs so she spent money like it was water. I don't think she ever thought her pearl and scarf business would level out or drop off. I remember her going to the post office with bags of scarfs and pearls. With her MDFA income, she was making 6 figures easily. But her business dropped off once Joe dumped her / her bad romance with Rick / when her girl boss facade melted / pandemic struck / her channel lost viewers / her lifestyle was no longer enviable.
I think the implication here is that if Elle had more money she would be buying more (brand new) Chanel and less, if any, YSL. I mean, let’s face it, Elle’s aesthetic definitely doesn’t fit Saint Laurent. YSL just happens to be less expensive.

She’s such an unstylish granny.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Wow. Did this law “firm” do their due diligence and actually look into her previous positions on her resume? If they actually called her previous employers they would see she is not a professor and never practiced as a lawyer.

If I were in a Portland or Seattle resident, I would not use this company for legal counsel. Who knows how qualified and properly vetted their other lawyers are.
As @MissGlam21 mentioned, this firm seems to be comprised of a bunch of independent counsel (and many seem to have entered law much later and come from non-law/non traditional backgrounds) who share an office space and admin team. Definitely not the type of law firm I’d hire from either if they can’t even do proper background checks on scammers like Eleanor F. Lecocq, who has no actual securities or M&A experience (fraud investigation is NOT the same thing) and hasn’t ever practiced law outside of her one year of articling a decade ago in a different country.

actuallawyer

It’s actually very sad to see how happy these objects make her and how serious she takes them. She has to feel important, and the only thing she can direct that energy and intensity to is makeup items. It’s honestly sad to see. That’s literally all she knows to talk about.

Reactions: 12