Eleanor Florence #6 Lawyer no more, pines for days of Joe yore, poor life choices galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plus she doesn't need a bag for her laptop, doesn't she have that big everlane as well as that fugly neverfull and the Celine
Her excuses to spend grind my gears. People like her are why our planet suffers from overproduction of goods. I'm sure none of us are perfectly eco friendly, but not as bad as Elle. Her sponsorships and videos pushing an ethical agenda are a slap in the face to viewers.

Elle thinking that she needs a laptop bag during a pandemic while out of a job is one of the many reasons why she can't keep a man.

Reactions: 9
I can't watch her videos at all. Her voice is so grating 😣 She's obsessed with designers and logos, but still looks cheap

I totally agree too.

Nearly all luxury YouTubers have terrible style and taste. The clothes and bags are wearing them not the other way around. Like Sophie Shohet, Maria Draganova, Mel in Melbourne, Lvlovercc, Leolionlv, Minks4all, Erica's Girly World (especially her lol), Shea Whitney- they either look basic af or tacky. They're all the same too: the same bags, Gucci belt, Balmain blazers, Zimmerman dresses, Chanel or Dior t shirts, Hermes Oran sandals, etc

I only like the style of a few luxury YTers like Trinny Woodall (and she does a lot of high street stuff), Jaime Xie, WenWen Stokes, Luxytheory Their styles are not my taste at all but it's interesting and they pull off the pieces and looks. They seem to actually enjoy and appreciate luxury goods. And get unique pieces.
If we are judging by character alone, I think Sophie Shohet and Minks4All are fine; I have a difficult time hating on either of them entirely because they don’t come off as snobbish and I think both have some self awareness that they’re not stylish, lol. 😂😂😂 LvloverCC and LeoLionLV seem to lack that awareness but not rude. Maria Dragovna: I can’t tolerate watching her but I don’t know her character well enough. The rest of them...trashy and awful. I especially can’t stand Shea Whitney or Erica’s Girly World. I think the one thing all of them have in common is that they all didn’t come from money and now that they have more buying power (whether it’s through marriage or work) they spend it frivolously on luxury goods they think makes them look classy.

Reactions: 8
I think she looked good in the video aside from the crazy eyes she always gets when talking about or hauling designer stuff.

I'm shocked at the condition of some bags especially the poor Bayswater.

It's funny how she complains about Chanel customer service and praises YSL when her business has awful customer service. Even Chanel accepts returns (albeit for store credit).
It's funny disturbing that she still maintains she was in the right with that Chanel horror story. Just goes to show what an immature brat she really is!! Hey Smelle - how's that working out for ya??

I totally disagree. He may not be most women's idea of a good match, but there is nothing to suggest he took advantage of her. Elle is not a child, nor is she developmentally delayed. He did not hold her hostage or scam her.

They were both desperate, had a whirlwind romance, fast-tracked the relationship, and thankfully realized before getting married that they were not a good match.

As an adult, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are in the right frame of to date or get into a relationship. It is not the other person's responsibility. Accountability and responsibility for yourself is part of being an adult with free agency.

I know we like to poke fun at Rick's ridiculousness, but it's another thing to make him out to be some sort of a mustache-twirling villain.
WOW! I am absolutely in shock reading all the posts bashing Rick for being some sort of a narcissistic psychopath who stalked and ensnared sweet and innocent Elle and then proceeded to break her gentle heart. If I didn't know better, I'd think these are posts written by Elle's fangirls. Yes, Rick is weird, maybe even gives off creppy vibes, but suggesting he's a manipulative mastermind is pretty f'ed up. Last I checked this was a gossip thread to discuss Elle's crappy behaviour, not a place to excuse her crappy behaviour and to blame it on everyone around her, including her ex-bfs and even her poor Mom. I seriously feel bad for these people, who we know nothing about, but keep dragging into this thread.

As someone who grew up in a very sexist culture, I am so troubled to read young and educated women spouting this outmoded narrative of sweet, innocent women being taken advantage of by powerful and ruthless men as if they have no agency. F that. Yes, there are crappy men out there, but we're not poor victims. We can fall down, get back up on our feet, kick these jerks to the curb and learn from our mistakes. We can also decide to cultivate a healthy mindset around our boundaries and men in general.

Painting Elle as a poor victim is exactly what she already does so perfectly, with help from her adoring fangirls. I'm not sure why her critics are doing that.
THIS. 100% THIS.

On a lighter note, I have no problem with Elle and her bags. She doesn't hoard as much as the other vloggers, and she clearly uses them.

Reactions: 5
She starts talking about nail polish and "Jacques" and "my private jet" at 12:07...wtf is she talking about? Anyone have any ideas?
I think she's referencing the greige color of the Celine and the similar nail polish color that was popular at the time she got the bag. FYI You Don't Know Jaques came out in the very early 2000's...Smelly...you stupid know it all. :m

25.44 "EAST WEST" wtf was that? Has she replaced 321 with EAST WEST?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Chris kicked her to the curb and had the locks changed.

Joe walked off into the sunset.

Special Someone saw visions of his daughter's college fund being flushed down a Nordstrom toilet and slipped away as fast as he appeared.

Rick saw a lifetime of 90 hour weeks and Elle just chewing through everything he made before he could make it and sent her postage due back to her mother.

But her bags . . . . Her bags will never leave her. Your bags love you Elle. Those glorious, reliable, wonderful bags. Treasure them always.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I only like the style of a few luxury YTers like Trinny Woodall (and she does a lot of high street stuff)
I'm delighted - I love, love, love Trinny too! Her bag video was fascinating to me - she has everything from Saint Laurent to Zara to Hermes, and has great tips on how to style bags.

Also agree with the poster who mentioned a super stylish woman with a Michael Kors bag. It tends to be those who buy loud, branded bags (Elle, Sophie Shoset, etc.) who have very little personal style and buy into the persona of these brands. Wearing Chanel does not turn you into a stylish French woman!

I'm delighted - I love, love, love Trinny too! Her bag video was fascinating to me - she has everything from Saint Laurent to Zara to Hermes, and has great tips on how to style bags.

Also agree with the poster who mentioned a super stylish woman with a Michael Kors bag. It tends to be those who buy loud, branded bags (Elle, Sophie Shoset, etc.) who have very little personal style and buy into the persona of these brands. Wearing Chanel does not turn you into a stylish French woman!
They need the acceptance Elle especially, I liked Sophie until she lied about purchasing a gucci bag that she had previously said she had been gifted it, also her personal style is no existent. Seems like a nicer person than Smelley

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My favourite part was when she was showing that outdated green Chanel and talked about how it was soooo much more versatile with her girly style than a blue bag because she like florals, but then proceeds to show us the blue boy bag and 2 other bright blue bags! This girl is delusional I swear

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
My favourite part was when she was showing that outdated green Chanel and talked about how it was soooo much more versatile with her girly style than a blue bag because she like florals, but then proceeds to show us the blue boy bag and 2 other bright blue bags! This girl is delusional I swear
With each bag that fails to fix her broken life, she tells herself the next one will do the trick. The next one will somehow deliver the Hallmark ending she is after, and so she complains until her mother transfers the funds.

It eluded her then, but that’s no matter - tomorrow she will shop faster, stretch her Amex hand farther. . . .
And one fine morning . . .
And so she beats on, girlboss against the current, borne back ceaselessly into Nordstroms.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
With each bag that fails to fix her broken life, she tells herself the next one will do the trick. The next one will somehow deliver the Hallmark ending she is after, and so she complains until her mother transfers the funds.

It eluded her then, but that’s no matter - tomorrow she will shop faster, stretch her Amex hand farther. . . .
And one fine morning . . .
And so she beats on, girlboss against the current, borne back ceaselessly into Nordstroms.
Nice comment, old sport! Tattle gold. 👏😎

This video was EXCELLENT! I love her sensibilities when it comes to things.

Reactions: 3
Now that we're getting all literary, I have to say that I'm dying to write a novel with an Elle-like character as a sort of female Tom Ripley. Thoughts?

Edit: I am actually a writer (although I don't earn enough for it to be my Proper Job), and NaNoWriMo is coming up...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
All the bags are like the worst version of the collection, just so she could say she has a bag by a certain designer, plus what's with that quilted boy bag
I’m really shocked at how she can lie about everything just to make herself look better! It’s appalling 🤢 I’m a crazy bag lady (I have an extensive collection unfortunately haha) and I just want to say that the 2 boy bags were bought severely on discounts on the resale market. Both styles are extremely unpopular including the stingray boy - which she just HAD to mention was expensive - without mentioning the true context that she probably got it half price. Also she said she first saw the quilted boy at a store then!! She sneakily added she found it at the real real (resale site) ... there is just so much smoke & mirrors here! She’s so dishonest

It’s obvious she loves Chanel but doesn’t really have the Budget to buy the in-season or classic styles in the quantity she needs to have that shopping high (she’d go broke immediately whereas she can shop quantity with YSL). plus you do have to cultivate a relationship with your sales associate. Instead Elle just says she loves YSL because she has a huge ego. She just can’t be nice and polite to a Chanel sales associate and expects them to wait on her hand and foot. There are also plenty of wealthy customers at Chanel so Elle just hates feeling that she isn’t the Queen at all times.

• Heart
Sigh... I have a child. If Elle were my child, I really have to wonder if I would just rationalize her behavior away the way Ginette does, or actually step back and see things the way they are.

Elle Florence is a failure in life. NOT because she’s unemployed (if that’s your calling in life, more power to you), but because of her inability to think critically and behave rationally, and her complete lack of self-awareness and respect for others.

The parent’s main responsibility is to create a functioning adult who can survive independently in the world. Sure, the nest is always available for a temporary stay when things get rough, but then it’s the parent’s responsibility to push the bird out on its own again, physically AND financially. It needs to grow the strength to itself become a parent one day. An eagle that fails to leave the nest is known as a “turkey”...

Elle is the antithesis of an independent, functioning adult. The parenting was highly unsuccessful. I honestly think I would kick myself for having had no backbone for 32 STRAIGHT YEARS and then demand a 180 from my offspring.

• Heart
I think she's referencing the greige color of the Celine and the similar nail polish color that was popular at the time she got the bag. FYI You Don't Know Jaques came out in the very early 2000's...Smelly...you stupid know it all. :m

25.44 "EAST WEST" wtf was that? Has she replaced 321 with EAST WEST?
East west is a reference to the kind of bags that are rectangular and horizontal, if that makes sense.

South north is rectangular and vertical.

• Wow
You know, I have a friend around Elle's age who had her child pretty young, so her child is like 11 or 12 years old already. So basically, one early 30s woman is raising an almost-teenager, and another early 30s woman still acts like a teenager. Rude, lacking self awareness, exaggerating/lying about petty tit on social media, eye f***ing herself on camera, arguing with commenters on instagram. Truly mind boggling to think about.

agree with everyone who said her bags are in terrible condition and are the weirdest choices!

with the amount she spends on out-of-season bags, she should have bought herself a few classic flaps. and those seasonal single flaps are NOT classic. I do not have a handbag collection nearly as large as Elle's, but I prefer to save for classic "forever" type bags (currently saving for a chanel M/L classic black ghw) and although I'm often temped to buy nice/out of season/preloved chanel bags, I don't pull the trigger. I think it's an instant gratification thing for her, and she can't handle waiting for what she really wants.

I wonder if it's all of her moving around/limited space issues that prevents her from keeping the boxes so she can stuff/store her bags properly, or if she was buying them all abroad when she lived in Canada, and never wanted to pay duties so she didn't bring the packaging home with her? I guess she bought a lot of them preloved which would explain the lack of boxes, but what a shame to let those bags get squashed like that! For someone who claims to be a luxury handbag expert, she really doesn't store her bags properly when not in use.

Also - I agree that she hid those two boy bags from Rick, and that's why they weren't shown on her channel. He's practical and wouldn't understand buying multiple bags like that per year. I'm sure her consumerism turned him off and so she hid a lot of it from him. When he realized she wouldn't be able to stop spending ridiculous amounts of money on her hoards of clothing/purses/etc, he realized that they wouldn't work out long term and he dumped her. Just my theory.

Elle deleted a comment on her handbag collection video (it was too late so I couldn’t grab a screenshot) where a viewer was saying how far behind she is on catching up with Elle’s channel. She basically asked if she was still engaged but relocated to Seattle. Elle replied with something to the tune of “It’s just me and my cats in Seattle. I’ve chosen to keep my private life private.” She can’t even spell out that she and her ex-fiancé are no longer together.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I looked randomly on Vestaire Collective for that "super expensive Chanel bag" as Elle called it and this one looks a lot like hers, except it's silver instead of black and the medium size (aka. most popular size) instead of what seems to be the small size of hers and it's less than 3k. Not saying it's a cheap bag by any means but Elle is definitely trying to present her pre-loved purchases as these super exotic/rare/expensive things when they are easily found on pre-loved sites at about half or less than half of retail price. She's basically paying around YSL + a bit more prices for her Chanels so no wonder she has to buy ugly and outdated colors/styles/materials. Pretentious and misrepresenting things as usual.

Also this so called "exotic" leather (I HATE that they felt the need to kill poor stingrays for this!) and bag style is still much cheaper than a classic medium black Chanel flap with gold or silver hardware in both the preloved market and the Chanel boutique, and I suspect this is why Elle buys styles like this. It makes her look like she's buying Chanel, and even "exotic" (presumably expensive at first glance) leather, but at a much lower price. Eleanor Florence is so fake and all about presenting an image of having money/expensive thing, and has awful taste in fashion.

1601954460036.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.