Eleanor Florence #6 Lawyer no more, pines for days of Joe yore, poor life choices galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She starts talking about nail polish and "Jacques" and "my private jet" at 12:07...wtf is she talking about? Anyone have any ideas?

Her new BF? Is there some rich guy in Seattle whose first name is Jacques? I don't believe anyone rich enough to own a private jet would want to date Elle. She's not that high value. Maybe she's getting delusional.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Her new BF? Is there some rich guy in Seattle whose first name is Jacques? I don't believe anyone rich enough to own a private jet would want to date Elle. She's not that high value. Maybe she's getting delusional.
Can't be, she said it was in 2016. But what the hell was that comment, especially with the nail polish part LOL. That entire sentence was super confusing.

Am I hallucinating or do you ladies hear it as well? Has she finally lost it?

1601923813591.png

1601923851188.png

1601923936913.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Yes but we don't know where Elle's job was. It could have been in Orlando or Tampa, which I imagine is similar to Miami. Not sure there are investigator jobs in Winter Haven.

I'm not sure why Rick is in Winter Haven either. Are there law jobs there?
Who said it was an investigator job? It could have been some admin role or whatever. Given here and Rick appeared to be kinda strapped for cash, I don't think she was given the luxury of spending ages choosing between job offers (unlike now).

Rick is a part-time ethics instructor at some local college.

Reactions: 8
She starts talking about nail polish and "Jacques" and "my private jet" at 12:07...wtf is she talking about? Anyone have any ideas?
Lol I think they may be OPI nail polish colors.

Because all #girlbosses mark milestones in their lives according to nail polish color popularity timeframes.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Lol I think they may be OPI nail polish colors.

Because all #girlbosses mark milestones in their lives according to nail polish color popularity timeframes.
OMFG I thought she finally lost the few marbles she had and is living in her fantasy of being swept away by a jet-owning Frenchman. 💀💀💀

THAT makes a lot more sense. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Those are the names of OPI nail polish colors that were really popular. Embarrassed I know that 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thanks, ladies. Apparently I’m the only one who doesn’t know her nail polish colors here. 🤣 💀

Still got some fun screenshots of Smelle. This one is my favorite. :m

1601924709399.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yeah, I don't know what it is about Elle that a video like that from her seems over-the-top, but a similar video from Sophie Shohet does not annoy me at all. It's bizarre that I find Sophie more relatable despite her spending way more on brand names and fashion than Elle does.
It’s because Sophie is authentic. Sophie knows that she lives a life of privilege but that isn’t the focal point of her video content or channel at all. She keeps her content fun, light-hearted, but also relatable and practical in the ways she talks about luxury items (“don’t go into debt for a Dior handbag” and “how I got out of debt”). She doesn’t give off this air of superiority that Elle generally does. Plus, Sophie hustles hard in her marketing agency and from time to time discusses more of the psychological aspects surrounding luxury goods (ex. Luxury brands price bumping during covid, is luxury even worth purchasing during a pandemic?).

So she bought 2 Chanel boy bags while with Rick and never showed them on her channel until today
Probably cuz she had to keep them hidden from Rick at the time 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Thanks, ladies. Apparently I’m the only one who doesn’t know her nail polish colors here. 🤣 💀

View attachment 266444
I didn’t know what she was talking about, either. So you weren’t alone.

and there she goes again with her big crazy eyes and protruding lips 😳😬😂 I know those are things she cannot control and I feel a little bad for making fun of that, but you’d think she’d look into fixing that (given she’s done so much work on her face!).

• Haha
Yes but we don't know where Elle's job was. It could have been in Orlando or Tampa, which I imagine is similar to Miami. Not sure there are investigator jobs in Winter Haven.

I'm not sure why Rick is in Winter Haven either. Are there law jobs there?
She'd have to spend well over an hour to commute to those cities. I don't think Rick would want to spend 4+ hours dropping her off, returning home, and going back to pick her up everyday. Even if Elle was taking bus or rail, it would be a similar commute.

Reactions: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I didn’t know what she was talking about, either. So you weren’t alone.

and there she goes again with her big crazy eyes and protruding lips 😳😬😂 I know those are things she cannot control and I feel a little bad for making fun of that, but you’d think she’d look into fixing that (given she’s done so much work on her face!).
I think if she mentioned OPI I would’ve gotten it but the word nail polish came out of nowhere and she didn’t mention they were colors so I had a WTF moment. 🤣

I think showing off those bags was the happiest she’s looked in a long time. No more near tears expressions in this video. Maybe Elle doesn’t need therapy, just more handbags. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Right, so here's my theory 😏 She went to Hawaii on her own before Christmas 2019. She bought those two Chanel bags (plastic tweed with rainbow chain and Boy Stingray) and got a LV Cassandra from her mother (as well as the diamond necklace). She comes back to Florida and Rick discovers that she just dropped $10k on two bags when their wedding is coming up in 4 months, they drive a dated Porsche SUV and had to paint the house themselves to save on decorators. He gets really annoyed and they have an argument about priorities, Smelle's mad consumerism and general attitude to spending/ saving. She argues handbags are her hobby and she'll never get rid of them. He decides they cannot move forward with that attitude of hers. They break up :p

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I just assumed she hid those boy bags from us bc she was hiding them from Rick but too you have a good point, maybe she did show them off to him and he blew a gasket. I mean it is her money/her mom's money but makes me wonder if he saw that and was like "why can't you spend that on me?" He just seems like one of those guys that's want his "woman" to only think of him.

Right, so here's my theory 😏 She went to Hawaii on her own before Christmas 2019. She bought those two Chanel bags (plastic tweed with rainbow chain and Boy Stingray) and got a LV Cassandra from her mother (as well as the diamond necklace). She comes back to Florida and Rick discovers that she just dropped $10k on two bags when their wedding is coming up in 4 months, they drive a dated Porsche SUV and had to paint the house themselves to save on decorators. He gets really annoyed and they have an argument about priorities, Smelle's mad consumerism and general attitude to spending/ saving. She argues handbags are her hobby and she'll never get rid of them. He decides they cannot move forward with that attitude of hers. They break up :p
Also I'm just so disgusted she has that stingray bag, Michelle 1218 or whatever got one after she got divorced and it grossed me out then. What did that poor cute animal do to deserve to be turned into a bag. There are already enough creatures in the ocean getting killed by getting caught in fishing nets and hit by boats why support that.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

View attachment 266444
I was right there with you. The funny thing is, for as much as we don't know nail polish names, it wasn't that much of a stretch to think that dear Eleanor had finally snapped 😂😂 says something about her, don't you think?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was right there with you. The funny thing is, for as much as we don't know nail polish names, it wasn't that much of a stretch to think that dear Eleanor had finally snapped 😂😂 says something about her, don't you think?
Indeed.🤪

I should’ve known she’d never fantasize about a “Jacques” though...he’d be able to tell how un-French she is immediately and call her out on her lying, and we all know that’s her biggest fear. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah, I don't know what it is about Elle that a video like that from her seems over-the-top, but a similar video from Sophie Shohet does not annoy me at all. It's bizarre that I find Sophie more relatable despite her spending way more on brand names and fashion than Elle does.
Sophie has a real job and seems to spend a lot of time working, she admits that she sometimes gets things wrong or that certain things don't suit her, and she's talked about her past struggles with debt and her weight, etc., so she doesn't try to present a 'perfect' life. She even had cancer as a child and rarely mentions it (can you imagine if that was Elle??).

She seems to truly appreciate her audience and be a generally decent person and she isn't constantly trying to sell stuff or pull scammy stunts. Also, she's just kind of unashamedly 'new money' and I respect her for not giving a crap about that. She legit earns her money and she spends it on whatever she wants, and that's fair enough. She's not perfect, but I like her and also find her relatable even though our styles are totally different.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.