Eleanor Florence #6 Lawyer no more, pines for days of Joe yore, poor life choices galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right, so here's my theory šŸ˜ She went to Hawaii on her own before Christmas 2019. She bought those two Chanel bags (plastic tweed with rainbow chain and Boy Stingray) and got a LV Cassandra from her mother (as well as the diamond necklace). She comes back to Florida and Rick discovers that she just dropped $10k on two bags when their wedding is coming up in 4 months, they drive a dated Porsche SUV and had to paint the house themselves to save on decorators. He gets really annoyed and they have an argument about priorities, Smelle's mad consumerism and general attitude to spending/ saving. She argues handbags are her hobby and she'll never get rid of them. He decides they cannot move forward with that attitude of hers. They break up :p
I LIKE it!

I see that Sophie has put up 2 bag videos in the past week, and a Shope-with-me in the past month. I wonder if Eleonore Lecocq got jealous and needed to flaunt her bags. I suspect she also needed a hit of her drug of choice: the shopping addiction!

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Lol I think they may be OPI nail polish colors.

Because all #girlbosses mark milestones in their lives according to nail polish color popularity timeframes.
Yes they are nail polish colors, the Jacques one was like a brick beige color like the Celine bag

Reactions: 4
Those two new Chanel Boy bags are so ugly. šŸ¤®
So is almost her entire handbag collection.
I know this is going to sound controversial, but a few years ago I was in Milan and I recall seeing an extremely stylish woman who stood out in the crowd and the reason I still remember her is that she was carrying a Michael Kors bag, yet she still looked absolutely amazing ā€” she could pull off just about any bag because of her overall style, and no, I donā€™t think she was a model, just someone who knows how to dress. Meanwhile, every day on my way to work I see countless women with Louis Vuitton bags who dress pretty basic, and the bags do nothing for them. My point is that Elle is trying ever so hard to be stylish by buying designer bags, yet itā€™s not about the bag; itā€™s about the person carrying it. (Though in Elleā€™s case, a lot of her bags are ugly, too.)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Did anyone else notice that the front of her hair looks sprayed on dye around her hair line? Like those L'OrƩal retouch sprays

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Did anyone else notice that the front of her hair looks sprayed on dye around her hair line? Like those L'OrƩal retouch sprays
But Eleanor Florence said she hasnā€™t colored her hair in a decade...šŸ˜šŸ¤£

It does look like she colored her hair recently. I made that comment when she put out her previous video.

• Haha
I just assumed she hid those boy bags from us bc she was hiding them from Rick but too you have a good point, maybe she did show them off to him and he blew a gasket. I mean it is her money/her mom's money but makes me wonder if he saw that and was like "why can't you spend that on me?" He just seems like one of those guys that's want his "woman" to only think of him.

Also I'm just so disgusted she has that stingray bag, Michelle 1218 or whatever got one after she got divorced and it grossed me out then. What did that poor cute animal do to deserve to be turned into a bag. There are already enough creatures in the ocean getting killed by getting caught in fishing nets and hit by boats why support that.
Hmmm you could also turn it around and ask why she cannot spend the money on THEM. On a better car. On renovating a place. On a nice wedding venue.

Peoples' relationships differ but I'm pretty sure if it was me marrying my boyfriend in four months and knowing we were on a budget because the wedding was going to be a big splurge (or maybe we had to curb our expectations and settled for a less Luxe venue etc.), yet I discovered he just got a new car that he didn't need or splurged on something else, I'd be pretty shocked. In my eyes, when you plan to spend your life with someone and marry them, the lines between 'yours' and 'mine' blur a bit and you have to prioritize mutual goals.

Right now both my boyfriend and I have our separate bank accounts where our salaries are paid to and we then transfer an agreed amount to the joint account to cover all bills, grocery shopping etc. Whatever is left at the end of the month, we transfer it to a 'holiday fund'. However, when we marry, we both agreed we'd transfer a much larger chunk of our salaries to the joint account so that we could also make significant financial investments together. In case of Smelle, she seems to like the phrase 'What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine'

whats-mine-is-mine-and-whats-yours-is-mine.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I give Elle credit for using her bags. To be honest it creeps me out watching many of these Youtubers hoard tons of these bags only to barely use them because they have too much or theyā€™re concerned with ā€œresaleā€ value.

That said her bag collection is tacky, as usual. I donā€™t see the point of having all those expensive Chanel bags...as much as I like Chanel their bags are pretty useless and hard to use. That GST bag hasnā€™t been in style since 2008; why bother having it esp since itā€™s so heavy? Not to mention, when was the last time she carried that Gucci tote? I completely forgot she had that bag. Just wasteful and weird.

**As an aside, Iā€™m not sure why everyone loved Lauren Conrad and wanted to buy that tacky Medallion bag after she got it. I knew someone who went to school with her and letā€™s just say Kristin had every right to be rude to her, lmao. šŸ¤£

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I know this is going to sound controversial, but a few years ago I was in Milan and I recall seeing an extremely stylish woman who stood out in the crowd and the reason I still remember her is that she was carrying a Michael Kors bag, yet she still looked absolutely amazing ā€” she could pull off just about any bag because of her overall style, and no, I donā€™t think she was a model, just someone who knows how to dress. Meanwhile, every day on my way to work I see countless women with Louis Vuitton bags who dress pretty basic, and the bags do nothing for them. My point is that Elle is trying ever so hard to be stylish by buying designer bags, yet itā€™s not about the bag; itā€™s about the person carrying it. (Though in Elleā€™s case, a lot of her bags are ugly, too.)
So true. Similarly, Jane Birkin had the effortless stylish look with a wicker basket. Something like that is affordable, allowing anyone to experiment with styling such an accessory.

Elle would try to emulate Jane by buying a used HermĆØs Birkin.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
All the bags are like the worst version of the collection, just so she could say she has a bag by a certain designer, plus what's with that quilted boy bag

All the bags are like the worst version of the collection, just so she could say she has a bag by a certain designer, plus what's with that quilted boy bag
This! I donā€™t understand how she can own half a dozen+ Chanel bags and not a single one is in a classic combination. Itā€™s always a garish color, pattern, material or something else.

• Heart
I give Elle credit for using her bags. To be honest it creeps me out watching many of these Youtubers hoard tons of these bags only to barely use them because they have too much or theyā€™re concerned with ā€œresaleā€ value.

That said her bag collection is tacky, as usual. I donā€™t see the point of having all those expensive Chanel bags...as much as I like Chanel their bags are pretty useless and hard to use. That GST bag hasnā€™t been in style since 2008; why bother having it esp since itā€™s so heavy? Not to mention, when was the last time she carried that Gucci tote? I completely forgot she had that bag. Just wasteful and weird.

**As an aside, Iā€™m not sure why everyone loved Lauren Conrad and wanted to buy that tacky Medallion bag after she got it. I knew someone who went to school with her and letā€™s just say Kristin had every right to be rude to her, lmao. šŸ¤£
It's hilarious how Elle seems to think her Chanels are the prized items in her collection, yet she mentions that she uses her black YSL the most. Nonetheless, Elle doesn't realize that the priciest bags aren't going to bring her more joy.

I might own as many bags as Elle, but most have been gifts over the years. Since I have so many bags, I've only purchased maybe 2 or 3 in my lifetime. Each one I bought served a specific purpose and wasn't already part of my collection, like a small crossbody that's waterproof for travel (but not Elle's $1k bag to show off while biking), etc. There is no need to buy as many bags as Elle. I barely use most of my bags, despite liking all of them. You can reasonably wear only 1 bag during a regular day. Having as many bags as Elle is wasteful and takes up a ton of unnecessary space. Most of mine aren't as big as hers and I struggle to find space for them. I have no clue how she can store so many in her closet without feeling claustrophobic. If they weren't gifts that were still in nice condition, I'd have no reason to keep as many bags as I have. I don't take care of my bags as well as I should, but I'm not spending thousands of dollars of my own money like Elle. While I am lucky to have quality bags, my most used one was thrifted while on vacation for the equivalent of about $10USD. It's sturdy, goes with everything, and doesn't make me look like a walking billboard saying ROB ME. Hope Elle stays safe, because someone may want to follow and snatch her purses that show off designer logos.

Speaking of Lauren Conrad... I had a former teacher who saw a photo of her once and became creepily obsessed with her. He'd tell us students time and time again about how she looked like his ideal woman, and that he's drop his wife if he could be with Lauren. It was extra creepy because he had children and his wife was pregnant at the time. I feel bad for his wife since they're still together and had more kids after.

Last edited:
Speaking of Lauren Conrad... I had a former teacher who saw a photo of her once and became creepily obsessed with her. He'd tell us students time and time again about how she looked like his ideal woman, and that he's drop his wife if he could be with Lauren. It was extra creepy because he had children and his wife was pregnant at the time. I feel bad for his wife since they're still together and had more kids after.
... was he an adjunct legal ethics lecturer at a community college in Florida...?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
... was he an adjunct legal ethics lecturer at a community college in Florida...?
Although more gifted in the looks department, Rick seems eons better. My teacher was one of those types who comes across well to others, all for show, but reveals an ugly side to those he isn't trying to impress. Since we were his students, he'd give us glimpses of his personality and could full on reveal his ugly nature during one on one meetings. I have the feeling that Rick is the same both online and in real life.

But still your comment cracked me up!

Yeah, I don't know what it is about Elle that a video like that from her seems over-the-top, but a similar video from Sophie Shohet does not annoy me at all. It's bizarre that I find Sophie more relatable despite her spending way more on brand names and fashion than Elle does.
I can't watch her videos at all. Her voice is so grating šŸ˜£ She's obsessed with designers and logos, but still looks cheap
I totally agree too.

Nearly all luxury YouTubers have terrible style and taste. The clothes and bags are wearing them not the other way around. Like Sophie Shohet, Maria Draganova, Mel in Melbourne, Lvlovercc, Leolionlv, Minks4all, Erica's Girly World (especially her lol), Shea Whitney- they either look basic af or tacky. They're all the same too: the same bags, Gucci belt, Balmain blazers, Zimmerman dresses, Chanel or Dior t shirts, Hermes Oran sandals, etc

I only like the style of a few luxury YTers like Trinny Woodall (and she does a lot of high street stuff), Jaime Xie, WenWen Stokes, Luxytheory Their styles are not my taste at all but it's interesting and they pull off the pieces and looks. They seem to actually enjoy and appreciate luxury goods. And get unique pieces.

Reactions: 11
Hmmm you could also turn it around and ask why she cannot spend the money on THEM. On a better car. On renovating a place. On a nice wedding venue.

Peoples' relationships differ but I'm pretty sure if it was me marrying my boyfriend in four months and knowing we were on a budget because the wedding was going to be a big splurge (or maybe we had to curb our expectations and settled for a less Luxe venue etc.), yet I discovered he just got a new car that he didn't need or splurged on something else, I'd be pretty shocked. In my eyes, when you plan to spend your life with someone and marry them, the lines between 'yours' and 'mine' blur a bit and you have to prioritize mutual goals.

Right now both my boyfriend and I have our separate bank accounts where our salaries are paid to and we then transfer an agreed amount to the joint account to cover all bills, grocery shopping etc. Whatever is left at the end of the month, we transfer it to a 'holiday fund'. However, when we marry, we both agreed we'd transfer a much larger chunk of our salaries to the joint account so that we could also make significant financial investments together. In case of Smelle, she seems to like the phrase 'What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine'

View attachment 266525
Hear hear!

I don't understand the defense of Elle's selfishness. I would not want to get married to someone who would prioritize an individual want over a mutual need. If my potential partner is the kind of person who would drop thousands on a couple of bags for themselves instead of improving the quality of our life together, I would definitely rethink our relationship.

Reactions: 11
Hear hear!

I don't understand the defense of Elle's selfishness. I would not want to get married to someone who would prioritize an individual want over a mutual need. If my potential partner is the kind of person who would drop thousands on a couple of bags for themselves instead of improving the quality of our life together, I would definitely rethink our relationship.
I think most significant others are ok with their partners spending a reasonable amount on things they enjoy. What Elle fails to realize is that her and Rick should not be dropping that kind of cash on frivolity with his income and her lack of any income. Many who earn as much as Elle (when she was working) and Rick have enough savings to drop a few grand on a purse. The difference is that they're smart enough to not do so.

Lol I think they may be OPI nail polish colors.

Because all #girlbosses mark milestones in their lives according to nail polish color popularity timeframes.
I actually do remember the OPI colour "You Don't Know Jacques"! It's a dark putty colour like the Celine bag Elle is showing. I've clearly been watching YouTube for too long lol

Reactions: 4
Plus she doesn't need a bag for her laptop, doesn't she have that big everlane as well as that fugly neverfull and the Celine

An
Plus she doesn't need a bag for her laptop, doesn't she have that big everlane as well as that fugly neverfull and the Celine
And the Bayswater and at least one Longchamp. But more importantly, where is she taking her laptop? Weā€™re still in the middle of a pandemic, and there are no signs of her having a new job anyway. I donā€™t know about Seattle but where I live most people will be working from home until at least December, if not next summer. But Elle loves making excuses to buy something new. She always tries to rationalize her purchases, as in deep inside she knows she doesnā€™t need these items at all.

Reactions: 10
Also I'm just so disgusted she has that stingray bag, Michelle 1218 or whatever got one after she got divorced and it grossed me out then. What did that poor cute animal do to deserve to be turned into a bag. There are already enough creatures in the ocean getting killed by getting caught in fishing nets and hit by boats why support that.
I'm horrified by that bag. And she keeps making comments about (and even giving advice on) shopping ethically, avoiding fast fashion, supporting small businesses that donate to charity, etc. Yes, she makes a big deal about donating to charity too and tries to come across as a kind, charitable, thoughtful person, but if one observes the quiet actions and decisions she makes, (and I hate to think this about anyone) she's a selfish person.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.