Eleanor Florence #6 Lawyer no more, pines for days of Joe yore, poor life choices galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never been to Florida, but I don't blame her for not taking the job and fleeing to Hawaii. It was obvious to everyone that she did not like it there. Elle just doesn't strike me as someone who would be content to live in a humid, quiet, suburban town in Florida. Nothing about her personality or lifestyle fits with that life.

I personally think she should have moved back to Vancouver and resumed her life, just with a new employer. I'm not convinced that interview in January was with her old employer, but just because one interview didn't pan out shouldn't have discouraged her.

I just don't understand her logic, or lack thereof. Who moves to a city they've never been to with no job on the table? Just so reckless and strange... it's like she thinks her life is a Hallmark movie and everything will just magically work out.
It's simple! Clearly her top priority is to find a man, so she wanted to try her luck in the Seattle dating pool.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Wasn't she supposed to start working on some job down there? I'm not sure but other people have said something like that on this form.
She was meant to start some job in Florida in January 2019. No one knows what job it was. But I agree she should have sucked it up and worked there for at least 6 months. She was unemployed since summer 2018 so at that point it wasn't super long yet. She could have pretended in future interviews she needed a 'relocation' break between leaving Vancouver and starting that Florida job. If she worked in Florida for 6 months, she'd have some US job experience on her CV at least. Instead, she's been consistently unemployed for some 16 months now. That looks a lot worse. Sure, she can lie in job interviews that she took a break from fraud investigating to develop her (scammy) businesses but then the employer will be like 'Eeee... Why do you need to work for us then? Are your businesses not profitable?'. To which I'm sure she would sing her mantra about balancing aesthetics and practicality in legal analysis, jewelry designs, and love of creating new cheesy dishes 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lastly, I think her saying she's busy and doesn't have time to upload videos is a big fat lie. How busy would she have to be? In her Joe days she had a day job, shopping lunches, gym classes, Vancouver Club pretentious hangouts, blowbar appointments, cocking for Joe, pearl stringing while watching netflix and she still was able to churn out two videos a week. Does it mean she now works two day jobs that prevent her from updating her channel? 😂 😂 😂 DOUBT IT. It's the Internet so she can say she's busy landing on the moon but it's clear as day that she just has no content to share.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wonder if any potential victims have confronted Eleanor Florence about the gossip sites...that must be a really awkward conversation. I’m guessing most of them just run the opposite direction without giving her a heads up, though. 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I wonder if her next video is going to be a handbag collection video. Feel like she’s been dropping hints here and there.

Reactions: 9
A new handbag collection video would be ridiculous and tone deaf. We're in the middle of a global pandemic and Elle is unemployed and has nowhere to wear these bags!

I've never enjoyed her collection videos though. I hate seeing her get overstimulated and bug-eyed when talking about her designer stuff... it's creepy and uncomfortable to watch.

I've never been to Florida, but I don't blame her for not taking the job and fleeing to Hawaii. It was obvious to everyone that she did not like it there. Elle just doesn't strike me as someone who would be content to live in a humid, quiet, suburban town in Florida. Nothing about her personality or lifestyle fits with that life.

I personally think she should have moved back to Vancouver and resumed her life, just with a new employer. I'm not convinced that interview in January was with her old employer, but just because one interview didn't pan out shouldn't have discouraged her.

I just don't understand her logic, or lack thereof. Who moves to a city they've never been to with no job on the table? Just so reckless and strange... it's like she thinks her life is a Hallmark movie and everything will just magically work out.
I've lived in Florida for a few months (albeit in Miami) and I've been to Vancouver numerous times. And I can say that there are pluses and minuses to every city. For one thing, Miami is a lot bigger, warmer, hotter. You need a car to get around (I don't know how you can live without a car there). But the restaurants in Miami are top notch (way better than Vancouver), the beaches are gorgeous and I enjoyed the warmer weather - I loved going to the beaches, doing a lot of walking, the people were nice. And the cost of living in Miami is way way lower than in Vancouver. It'll be good for Elle to live in a new city and try new things.

I'm not saying Miami is as nice as Vancouver. Melbourne in Australia is hands down my favourite city (Sydney is a close second) - it has all the benefits of Vancouver plus way nicer weather and gorgeous beaches. But saying you can't live in Florida is making Elle look more spoiled. But in my profession, people relocate all the time to $hittier cities and places for a few years for training - if you get the experience, you can always move later.

Elle may think that by moving to Seattle, there are more tech guys so she can get married easier. But who wants a woman who doesn't have her $hit together?

Reactions: 5
Hahaha, totally fooled me. It really sounded like him. But nonetheless, I think Rick is a total douchebag. And TBH I don't think he ever thought / considered seriously marrying her - he just sounded like he did, said what she wanted to hear to better take advantage of her. I just hope that at least Elle keeps the engagement ring (maybe she bought it herself).

The divorce rate is 50% and people are widowed; men lose their jobs, lose their businesses all the time.
I totally disagree. He may not be most women's idea of a good match, but there is nothing to suggest he took advantage of her. Elle is not a child, nor is she developmentally delayed. He did not hold her hostage or scam her.

They were both desperate, had a whirlwind romance, fast-tracked the relationship, and thankfully realized before getting married that they were not a good match.

As an adult, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are in the right frame of to date or get into a relationship. It is not the other person's responsibility. Accountability and responsibility for yourself is part of being an adult with free agency.

I know we like to poke fun at Rick's ridiculousness, but it's another thing to make him out to be some sort of a mustache-twirling villain.

Elle: “Hyuck, hyuck; where did it go, Joe??? Where did our view go???”
She is such an idiot. I would have slapped that camera out of her hand right there. 😡

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I've lived in Florida for a few months (albeit in Miami) and I've been to Vancouver numerous times. And I can say that there are pluses and minuses to every city.
Rick lives in Winter Haven, a small city halfway between Orlando and Tampa. It's a four-hour drive to Miami, so I don't think you can compare the two. From what we saw, it was a suburban swamp with nothing to do and nowhere to go.

Appreciate your perspective, though! And I'm sure if Elle had moved to Miami it would have been interesting!

WOW! I am absolutely in shock reading all the posts bashing Rick for being some sort of a narcissistic psychopath who stalked and ensnared sweet and innocent Elle and then proceeded to break her gentle heart. If I didn't know better, I'd think these are posts written by Elle's fangirls. Yes, Rick is weird, maybe even gives off creppy vibes, but suggesting he's a manipulative mastermind is pretty f'ed up. Last I checked this was a gossip thread to discuss Elle's crappy behaviour, not a place to excuse her crappy behaviour and to blame it on everyone around her, including her ex-bfs and even her poor Mom. I seriously feel bad for these people, who we know nothing about, but keep dragging into this thread.

As someone who grew up in a very sexist culture, I am so troubled to read young and educated women spouting this outmoded narrative of sweet, innocent women being taken advantage of by powerful and ruthless men as if they have no agency. F that. Yes, there are crappy men out there, but we're not poor victims. We can fall down, get back up on our feet, kick these jerks to the curb and learn from our mistakes. We can also decide to cultivate a healthy mindset around our boundaries and men in general.

Painting Elle as a poor victim is exactly what she already does so perfectly, with help from her adoring fangirls. I'm not sure why her critics are doing that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
WOW! I am absolutely in shock reading all the posts bashing Rick for being some sort of a narcissistic psychopath who stalked and ensnared sweet and innocent Elle and then proceeded to break her gentle heart. If I didn't know better, I'd think these are posts written by Elle's fangirls. Yes, Rick is weird, maybe even gives off creppy vibes, but suggesting he's a manipulative mastermind is pretty f'ed up. Last I checked this was a gossip thread to discuss Elle's crappy behaviour, not a place to excuse her crappy behaviour and to blame it on everyone around her, including her ex-bfs and even her poor Mom. I seriously feel bad for these people, who we know nothing about, but keep dragging into this thread.

As someone who grew up in a very sexist culture, I am so troubled to read young and educated women spouting this outmoded narrative of sweet, innocent women being taken advantage of by powerful and ruthless men as if they have no agency. F that. Yes, there are crappy men out there, but we're not poor victims. We can fall down, get back up on our feet, kick these jerks to the curb and learn from our mistakes. We can also decide to cultivate a healthy mindset around our boundaries and men in general.

Painting Elle as a poor victim is exactly what she already does so perfectly, with help from her adoring fangirls. I'm not sure why her critics are doing that.
He's a complete knob with an overinflated sense of self-importance but I agree with you 100%. If he managed to "manipulate" Elle at all, it was because she was happy with what he was doing and went along with it. She clearly has no issue rushing into a relationship so putting the blame of that disastrous relationship on Rick is unfair. If Elle wasted some time and suffered financially because of that broken engagement, it was a gamble she took on an extremely new and unstable relationship, and not because Rick "tricked" her.

Reactions: 14
I can't get over the poor condition of most of her bags. A lot of them were not stuffed and had deep wrinkles and distressing. Her (formerly) beautiful Mulberry bag was folded in half and looked terrible!

Her rationale for spending $10,000+ on these bags is so stupid. Because it's lockdown and everyone is wearing tees and leggings, we should buy an ugly tartan Chanel bag for our walks to spice up our look? She also will snap up the first beige Chanel medallion tote she finds online...

Her diction is also dreadful in this video. She described filling a bag "east to west" and stated "over the last year's period". How she ever made it in the workplace is beyond me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Rick lives in Winter Haven, a small city halfway between Orlando and Tampa. It's a four-hour drive to Miami, so I don't think you can compare the two. From what we saw, it was a suburban swamp with nothing to do and nowhere to go.

Appreciate your perspective, though! And I'm sure if Elle had moved to Miami it would have been interesting!
Yes but we don't know where Elle's job was. It could have been in Orlando or Tampa, which I imagine is similar to Miami. Not sure there are investigator jobs in Winter Haven.

I'm not sure why Rick is in Winter Haven either. Are there law jobs there?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
A new handbag collection video would be ridiculous and tone deaf. We're in the middle of a global pandemic and Elle is unemployed and has nowhere to wear these bags!

I've never enjoyed her collection videos though. I hate seeing her get overstimulated and bug-eyed when talking about her designer stuff... it's creepy and uncomfortable to watch.
Yeah, I don't know what it is about Elle that a video like that from her seems over-the-top, but a similar video from Sophie Shohet does not annoy me at all. It's bizarre that I find Sophie more relatable despite her spending way more on brand names and fashion than Elle does.

I think she looked good in the video aside from the crazy eyes she always gets when talking about or hauling designer stuff.

I'm shocked at the condition of some bags especially the poor Bayswater.

It's funny how she complains about Chanel customer service and praises YSL when her business has awful customer service. Even Chanel accepts returns (albeit for store credit).

So she bought 2 Chanel boy bags while with Rick and never showed them on her channel until today

• Haha
She starts talking about nail polish and "Jacques" and "my private jet" at 12:07...wtf is she talking about? Anyone have any ideas?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.