Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lulabella_Mozzarella2

I'm hoping Starbucks are part of it. If you eat in they put the food item on a plate. I live off their food items for breakfast/lunch when I'm working away and it's on expenses but I'm still on furlough and too mean with myself to spend my own money on them full price :ROFLMAO:
Starbucks are doing it - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....292588/starbucks-eat-out-help-out-prices/amp/

Are Starbucks doing it?
Yes, as far as internet says - I’ve attached a link x

Reactions: 2

gigi_93

VIP Member
I’ve used it every week sometimes more than once, just made sure I’ve planned it and booked in advance. Gonna miss it when it’s over 😂 has been a little annoying when I just want to grab my usual Starbucks and the queue is literally out of the door and winding down the road, but I just don’t bother when it’s like that

annanuttall

VIP Member
We went to Hard Rock Cafe in Piccadilly also last week to use the scheme and I 100% would NOT recommend. Just in case anyone was considering ending there next week.
Hard Rock Cafe in Picadilly is shit. Been there a few time and each time is such a letdown.

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Yeah I dont know the ins and outs like but I imagine he probably had a bit to drink too. But having that to do with in a busy as it is pub, must be hard 😔 The weather has been nice and its the summer holidays so I imagine everywhere probably would have been quite busy anyway
The final day will be the kicker - bank holiday. It's just driven people crazy and the impact on the staff - both for the added stress, lack of time with their families, arranging days off etc is immense. A journalist really needs to write about it from that side.

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I ended up using the scheme today but never planned to. I met my bf in the local on our lunch break and they were quiet in there but doing the scheme so sat in the garden and had a steak and chips for a fiver. Saves me cooking tonight 😂 I wasn’t intending to use the scheme as didn’t want to queue anywhere or be anywhere busy so doubt il bother for the rest of the month.

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
I saw a restaurant chain on instagram last night and it said you had to spend a minimum of £10 to receive the discount. A few places that my colleagues have been to definitely haven't spent £10

idk2

VIP Member
YES. We all had a family meeting today discussing what restuarants we're going too. We used to go out every week before lockdown for weekly Sunday roasts but will move it to Mon-Weds this month 🤣 We've picked 2 small businesses we love so far and have booked in for Wednesday this week and Tuesday next week. So sad our Nandos isnt doing it as we're all big fans.

Also, how does mcdonalds work? They say they arent doing indoor seating so essentially you have to sit outside to eat but what happens if they have two tables which are taken? Do we really have to wait or can we still get it?
I'll just have to ask for a eat-in order then send my brother in to ask for a bag ;)

idk2

VIP Member
Ah apologies. Well, McDonalds are doing it for drive through a I hear (personally I can't stand the place), so that's no different surely?

ETA - I stand corrected. They're likely to be required to refund the government (and/or fraud)...!!

Eligibility for ‘on-premises’ consumption
What counts as ‘on premises’
For the purposes of this scheme, the term ‘on premises’ means any area set aside for the consumption of food or non-alcoholic drink by that establishment’s customers, whether or not that area may also be used by the customers of other establishments.

No McDonalds near us have been doing it for drive thru. Strictly eat in only and food is bought to your tables like any restaurant with table assigned. Interesting seeing how different businesses are operating! Personally I'm disappointed in all the hassle of getting a table and the awful queues and traffic everywhere Mon-Weds!

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Honestly I work in a restaurant and while it is a good thing for businesses and the economy it’s not so great for public health, it’s encouraging a lot of groups of people. I was out for a drink last weekend luckily we sat outside but I went in at one point to use the bathroom and honestly the inside was packed and no social distancing whatsoever it was absolutely rammed and they just kept letting people in. Everywhere we passed was jam packed
My husband is a chef and he's said the same. It's also screwed with their days off as usually they fall Monday - Thursday as Friday - Sunday are obviously the busiest days. 🙄

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I'd just like to know why they haven't made this offer valid for takeaway/Drive thru. Surely they should be encouraging that more. I personally don't feel comfortable eating in anywhere yet so won't be able to take advantage of the offer.
I’m guessing because if you do drive through you’ll pick up food and go home. If you go and eat in you may be in town/ the high street etc and more likely to pop into shops etc too. So helping the high street as well and slowly getting people going back into places rather than eating at home

Tublet83

VIP Member
YES. We all had a family meeting today discussing what restuarants we're going too. We used to go out every week before lockdown for weekly Sunday roasts but will move it to Mon-Weds this month 🤣 We've picked 2 small businesses we love so far and have booked in for Wednesday this week and Tuesday next week. So sad our Nandos isnt doing it as we're all big fans.

Also, how does mcdonalds work? They say they arent doing indoor seating so essentially you have to sit outside to eat but what happens if they have two tables which are taken? Do we really have to wait or can we still get it?
I'll just have to ask for a eat-in order then send my brother in to ask for a bag ;)
I’ve eaten in at McDonald’s, they just aren’t advertising it. You are sited at your table and preferably order via an app on your phone or using the touch screens, then your food is brought over. You leave you trays and they collect them

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
I went for lunch today with my family and it was great, we didn't even have to ask about the discount and when he brought the bill over he done a separate food and alcohol receipt. I love the restaurant I went anyway but I was so happy with everything today.

Cao97x

Chatty Member
There’s a cafe in the building behind where I work that is doing it. I might go and try it out tomorrow, I feel bad for them as they lost so much money and they’re between offices and a college. The college is shut and the offices are basically empty. Might go a grab a sandwich at lunch time

WhatsTheTeaxoxo

We’re going to give Bem Brasil a try at some point this month as we’ve wanted to go for a while, so might as well go whilst this offer is on!

Tried to get a table at Nando’s last week whilst out shopping and the wait was 2 hours using an online queue system where they text you to come back when your table is ready, needless to say we didn’t wait. God knows how long the wait will be now it’s 50% off Mon-Wed!

• Wow
  • Heart

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Yeah I dont know the ins and outs like but I imagine he probably had a bit to drink too. But having that to do with in a busy as it is pub, must be hard 😔 The weather has been nice and its the summer holidays so I imagine everywhere probably would have been quite busy anyway
No, no, no, being drunk is no excuse. They deserve to be punished.