Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
Drinks are officially included just not booze.

I just had lunch and my main and drink were included without asking then went back to get a desert and was told it wasn't included as apparently it was only 4.50 and needs to be over a tenner as it's a gov scheme. 😂 Obviously not true, but maybe that chain it was it's rule. Moral of the story order it all at once!

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
My partner is the manager of a pub and the last 3 weeks Monday-Wednesday I've barely seen him and when i have its been late at night and he's been miserable. Customers have been rude to him and customers have completely ignored social distancing. It has took a big strain on him. He's done massive food orders and they keep being sold out. Customers speak to him like shit. Its horrible to hear. There are people like that all year round, I've seen him angry after having to deal with customers before but not like this. Covid just makes it so much worse.
I've seen an article tonight too saying that some places have had to pull out of it due to the stress of it. I can understand after seeing my partner.

Fairplay to the people who have used it and don't speak to the hospitality staff like utter crap though 😊
That’s awful, nobody deserves to be spoken to like that , more so when they are doing their job. I think many people have far too much time on their hands and a sense of entitlement. You think people would be more pleasant after the awful few months we’ve had, but no, some people get worse or never change.

Not Now Bernard

Had lunch out today. Very well organised. Sanitiser at the door (and dotted about); screens between tables, disposable menus and social distancing maintained.
very impressed.

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I was listening to McDonalds staff saying they can’t wait for it to be over.
The brass neck of people ordering food as sit in and then handing the staff their table number and immediately leaving with their food is shocking.

Ems55

Chatty Member
Was out for lunch today with husband and 3 year old. With the scheme and the 15% VAT reduction, we had lunch, drinks and coffees for a tenner in total! Numbers, queuing, hygiene, distancing etc were all very well managed and I felt very comfortable and safe.

We have both had birthdays during lockdown so have booked our favourite restaurant for next week as a belated celebration. They are running the scheme and we still have gift vouchers for there from last Christmas which expire after 12 months. Have worked out that we should basically get the meal for free with the discount and vouchers so I feel it would be silly not to! Each to their own though - fully understand some people may not feel comfortable going out yet.

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I have taken advantage of the scheme quite a few times now. It's time life got back to normal, for everyone and this scheme seems to be encouraging it.

Web30

VIP Member
Yep, and it leaves the industry potentially in the balance. The bargain hunters will go away and leaves the rest of us to pick it up when everything is still a bit weird.
I'm in a facebook group for it and seeing some of the receipts from places shocks me. The 50% prices are what I'd want to pay normally, makes you realise how expensive some places are.

Bubble And Squeak

It’s my little brothers 18th tonight so we were going out for a meal anyways! May as well pick some place that’s doing the discount, my mum is happy that she doesn’t have to fork out for a meal for 6 😂 now is like a meal for 3

• Haha

Web30

VIP Member
As much as I love the scheme I'm so thankfull I no longer work in the industry. Always hated busy busy shifts, couldn't imagine it now!

urghmummybloggers

VIP Member
Lots of independent restaurants in my area have taken it up so I’ll be going out to eat as much as possible. Regardless of its a chain or not, more revenue means less job cuts for people in my area. I work in a heavily hit sector so I’m here for any bit of help going.

idk2

VIP Member
I’ve eaten in at McDonald’s, they just aren’t advertising it. You are sited at your table and preferably order via an app on your phone or using the touch screens, then your food is brought over. You leave you trays and they collect them
There goes my plan of action 🤣

If anyone uses the bus tickets to get the £1.99 big mac and fries, they are still accepting them at drive thru and better yet, my local doesn't ask/take the ticket anymore because of Covid so I've used the same ticket at least 4 times since theyve reopened. Cheaper than 50% off too!

Sosig

Chatty Member
We're going to try a couple of places that have always been on our list but been 50/50 about.

At least if we don't like it we've had money off 😌😂

Reactions: 1

Yel

Chatty Member
I wonder what happens with places like planet organic and wholefoods? Supermarkets that are also cafes and people often buy "normal" products to eat in from the same tills. They're registered for the schemes

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
I was listening to McDonalds staff saying they can’t wait for it to be over.
The brass neck of people ordering food as sit in and then handing the staff their table number and immediately leaving with their food is shocking.
I would rather go home and eat my food if it meant I was less likely to catch Covid. They’re pretty clever if you ask me. At least the staff don’t have to tidy up after them either

stewpot

Chatty Member
I have very much taken advantage of this scheme 🤣🐷

Also the morrisons cafe lets children eat for free all day now (not just after 3pm) so for four meals and drinks we have been paying £5!

Casperron

VIP Member
I wonder what happens with places like planet organic and wholefoods? Supermarkets that are also cafes and people often buy "normal" products to eat in from the same tills. They're registered for the schemes
There’s an indoor fruit and veg shop near me which has 1 seat on the pavement out the front and they’re signed up to it

Lulabella_Mozzarella2

Im going to Starbucks and will be eating outside if I cant sit in for a sec and run :giggle: do you have to spend £10 to get the money off or is it up to £10 off?
I think the maximum discount you can get on food/drink is £10 per person. I’ve got a voucher for a free drink anyway, so it’ll be 2 x cake and a bottle of apple juice, but I’ll still happily use my discount - before I have to do the weekly food shop in Aldi 😭

coconochanel

VIP Member
I'm that person that will be celebrating the end of this scheme tomorrow (hopefully) and looking forward to a road back to some sort of sustainable normality 😊 (why is that smilie so smug?)
The scheme ends next Mon.