Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm that person that will be celebrating the end of this scheme tomorrow (hopefully) and looking forward to a road back to some sort of sustainable normality 😊 (why is that smilie so smug?)

Reactions: 4

Secretadmirer

VIP Member
I'm glad it's worked to be honest and lots of places have been busy as I know pubs/restaurant will of struggled from being shut for so long but I've actually avoided going out Mon-Weds because I knew everywhere would be busy! I wouldn't normally go out to eat on those days anyway unless it was a special occasion and in the day I'm at work so I've stuck to weekends. I went to a pub Friday and it was dead for a Friday, said they'd been really busy start of the week instead because of the eat out scheme.

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
Drinks arnt included. Did you eat in or take out?
Soft drinks are. It’s just no alcohol and it should automatically been done without asking. Basically the places are still getting the money they’ll be claiming it back off the government, which we’ll then pay in increased taxes at some point anyway.

• to get a 50% discount on food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in (up to a maximum of £10 discount per diner)
  • every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday between 3 and 31 August
  • as many times as you like
You do not need a voucher to use this scheme and you can use it at the same time as other offers and discounts. There is no minimum spend.

WhatsTheTeaxoxo

I can't believe people are lining up outside nandos and 5 guys yet most other places are dead to save £10 😵

Even at half price 5 guys only feels like what it should cost
Tried to get a table at our closest Nando’s about an hour ago and was told it’s currently a 3 and a half hour wait!

• Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
Oh dear it ends on a bank holiday?! Those poor staff.

Owners are saying it's been a huge success and want it to be extended on R2. Who'd of thought giving something half price would be a success 🤣

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
I saw a restaurant chain on instagram last night and it said you had to spend a minimum of £10 to receive the discount. A few places that my colleagues have been to definitely haven't spent £10
That's a breach of the scheme, but like these instatwats breaking ASA rules I doubt they'll ever get pulled up on it.

Nandos and five guys seemed dead Thurs and Fri, but the weather was great so that's half expected. I do think many people went earlier this week instead of at the weekend so moved buisness rather than creating more.

hnoz

VIP Member
I'd just like to know why they haven't made this offer valid for takeaway/Drive thru. Surely they should be encouraging that more. I personally don't feel comfortable eating in anywhere yet so won't be able to take advantage of the offer.
It isn't supposed to be a subsidy for the customer to have a cheap as meal, it is to stimulate the economy and you getting a cheaper meal is an effect of that. If people have a month of being able to eat out they spend more on other things in that month, clothes to go out, being in town before dinner, shopping after lunch atc and then the lasting effect is the feeling of normality it will give people. The hope is they continue to spend out in the economy after the month.

Casperron

VIP Member
A lot of cafes and restaurants have hiked up usual prices for this month and some refusing discount when it’s on the govt website and not telling u to u pay. It’s a shame that I’ll have to boycott these food places due to their dishonesty and money grabbing

Lulabella_Mozzarella2

Going to Costa tomorrow with my little boy and hoping I get some money off as I don’t want to remortgage for a bottle of apple juice and a cake haha - he loves a Costa 🤦🏻‍♀️ - but that’ll probably be it tbh. Really not keen on rushing to be in a public place with others yet just for a meal, although no shade whatsoever on anyone who does go out 😊

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
BREAKING NEWS.

The total number of coronavirus cases in the UK has soared after the newest U.K.
*you couldn’t make this shit up*
scheme was launched in the last 24 hours.

The latest figures come after Boris Johnson, who’s partial to a Big Mac and a McFlurry....
said the government was putting some of the country in lockdown again in its fight to stop the spread
encouraging fuckers to go and queue at Burger King or Spoons for discounted food, like a bunch of fucking idiots.
(And if you went for a “cheeky Nando’s” get the fuck out of here 🤣)

As of 9am today, a total of 3,771 people had been tested.
were posting on twitter, images of their smug ugly ass faces, chomping down on a McDonald’s hash brown and small fries. 🙂🙂 oh it’s discounted make that a large 😋

Ten patients who tested positive in the UK over the last 24 hours opted to sit in at Spoons,
but don’t worry, they washed their hands 🙂

in other news, anyone want a free bike?
keep an eye on your Twitter feed, your area might be in lockdown by 12 midnight.
but the fries were good right 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Whitelilac

VIP Member
Reports today of lots of places pulling out of the scheme due to overworked and abused staff.

Can't say I'm surprised after seeing some of the people lining outside 😐
My daughter works for Greene King and it has been horrendous. The abuse the staff are having to take is ridiculous. People seem to forget that the pubs/restaurants have had to reduce capacity to allow for distancing - a third less tables in her workplace.
They physically can't fit any more in 🤯

• Sad

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Yes although 2 dinners were already booked in as childless! Probably will grab a lunch at some point, lots of independent eateries have signed up to here and these are where I am going x

Tublet83

VIP Member
Been out had a great time, restaurant was full there were people out and about and in my city and it felt normal was some life about the place. Will be back out next Monday 🤣

JLXRD

VIP Member
Drinks arnt included. Did you eat in or take out?
Drinks are i thought but just not alcohol? (Like if yoy buy a meal and a drink it's 50%off both up to £10.)You do have to eat in though.

We've booked 5 meals already 😂

• Haha

Cocod28

I really hate this scheme. Future generations saddled with debt because people are paid to stay at home, then paid to eat out, then bought a free bike 🙄

But if they deduct it automatically I guess I'll get it a few times. Do you have to ask for it? Just had a drink and cake at Costa and was charged full price. Or do you have to order something to eat (I know it's in the name😆)?
Me too!!!! I said this to my husband and he said I was a kill joy!