Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
Bugger never thought of that. What about Starbucks do they do the same? I dont normally eat in so I dont know.
Not sure, I rarely eat at those places, usually just get a drink but the odd time I have they put it on a plate without a wrapper etc

Yes got a booking every week for food I’ve craved during lockdown CANNOT WAIT and I’m saving the economy 🤣
We'll pay it back in tax at some point so might as well make the most of it.

Reactions: 3

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
I saw a restaurant chain on instagram last night and it said you had to spend a minimum of £10 to receive the discount. A few places that my colleagues have been to definitely haven't spent £10
Surely all they are doing is putting people off 🤬

Fenella

Chatty Member
Been out today and yesterday, both local independents and it seemed well spaced out and safe with hand washing/masks and visors, lots of cleaning.

Hopefully won’t regret my choices but as someone who works at a place that may not reopen (am having to work at a different office which is not as good) I want to try and help local businesses if it feels ok to do so.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
I can't believe people are lining up outside nandos and 5 guys yet most other places are dead to save £10 😵

Even at half price 5 guys only feels like what it should cost
Both those places are the most overhyped and underwhelming restaurants I’ve ever had the displeasure of visiting 😒

aw1993

We've just had a meal at Turtle bay, also used my partners military discount on top of the eat out to help out discount which reduced our £49 bill down to £21. Will probably use a few times, more so in places where we can also use other discounts on top.

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Yep, and it leaves the industry potentially in the balance. The bargain hunters will go away and leaves the rest of us to pick it up when everything is still a bit weird.
Yeah I can't see how it's helped anyone out. Its just been a chance for cheap meals out.

Not Now Bernard

I’ve only ever had shit meals at Nando’s (I’ve got 3 teenagers - I don’t think I would go otherwise)

Twertle

we had five guys today, I said we were eating in but we left when the food was given to us. I did feel a little bit bad lying but enjoyed the food even more at home 🤣

• Haha

TheNiceBeardMan

VIP Member
We managed to secure a booking for Miller and Carter so we're going there next week! Was pleased as the bookings went so fast 😂

dressagediva

Honestly I work in a restaurant and while it is a good thing for businesses and the economy it’s not so great for public health, it’s encouraging a lot of groups of people. I was out for a drink last weekend luckily we sat outside but I went in at one point to use the bathroom and honestly the inside was packed and no social distancing whatsoever it was absolutely rammed and they just kept letting people in. Everywhere we passed was jam packed
yeah I feel weird about using it because of this. I'm still adhering to social distancing from anyone not in my household (i know I must be one of the last people bothering!!!)

So it feels wrong to be going out for meals seeing big groups not distancing when I've not hugged my parents yet.

kev1974

VIP Member
We went to Hard Rock Cafe in Piccadilly also last week to use the scheme and I 100% would NOT recommend. Just in case anyone was considering ending there next week.
Hope you're an overseas tourist, because that's the only people that that place is meant for, along with Angus Steakhouses :D

To be honest this scheme just seems to have benefited a small group of people. I've not been a fan of it at all.
It's a nightmare for a group of my friends. They spend a week at a time staying in hotels in different towns as a team doing fit out work in particular businesses. They rely on some of the chain restaurants commonly found in UK towns and cities for their evening meals (there's only so many times you can eat in Premier Inn's own restaurants day in day out!), and during August on Monday-Wednesdays they can't get in anywhere to eat, due to both Eat Out To Help Out, and the covid extra spacing out measures. EOTHO has pushed out a lot of these regular every day diners who were happily using restaurants at full price. I'd be amazed if it's done any long term good, all it will leave behind is a lot of stressed out restaurant staff, fecked off diners that rely on these places for their day to day work day meals, and an enormous bill for the taxpayer to pick up one way or another.

Last edited:

Miss polar

VIP Member
I’m out for lunch today, and dinner tomorrow night and Wednesday night😀
who knows what next week will bring!

• Haha

Mickey86

We took the kids to Burger King today, there was one other person in there at the time we went so it was practically empty. £16 for 5 meals plus extras, discount was automatically applied although the staff did ask how many people were with us.

Whitelilac

VIP Member
I have to go to the bank again today (nothing is easy now due to covid, they can only do certain things in branch so it has meant repeat visits) so will be having brunch with my daughter while we are in town.
One of our local family run cafes is closing at the end of the month and we have already lost a Muffin Break and cafe in TJ Hughes due to covid so our eateries could do with the custom.

My daughter works in a Greene King pub and her place has been full this week for the 1st time since lockdown was eased. They have reduced capacity by a third to allow for distancing so the extra bums on seats have been really appreciated

Reactions: 2

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
We went to a small local place tonight. 2 of us had 3 courses and the other 2 had 2 courses. All a juice each. Came to a total of £30.10! Even without the discount £60 for 4 people would be a good price so we were more than delighted.
@Yel it’s defo not a minimum spend. Eejits!

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
I just went to KFC to get lunch and apparently they aren't doing the discount, despite the government website saying otherwise.

I understand it's only KFC and it isn't alot of money anyway but it shouldn't be advertised if they aren't doing it. If I knew this, I would have gone to the lovely restaurant I went to yesterday instead.

JOHN1967

VIP Member
It’s my little brothers 18th tonight so we were going out for a meal anyways! May as well pick some place that’s doing the discount, my mum is happy that she doesn’t have to fork out for a meal for 6 😂 now is like a meal for 3
18, what does 18 feel like. So long ago I've forgotten. Hope you all have a great time.

Readread

VIP Member
Went to Gails today. Had a coffee and a yoghurt pot thing. Probably wouldn’t rush back anytime soon - especially as they charge £8 for beans on toast 🥴

• Wow