Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Denny, Leo, Hunter, Shakil, Abi, Steven, Lucy, Paul & Fatboy all killed off in the last few years. Why are EastEnders so keen to get rid of the young actors on the show, which will be the future of it, especially when there is some serious dead wood still around on set?!
It’s like they don’t dare kill off the big names like Phil, Ian, Sharon etc. Anymore. And they really need to. Because the new families they keep introducing are not working, so the next generation was coming from the kids of the legends, but now they are all dead. It’s lazy writing, and shows a serious lack of bravery on the writers/producers part.

Reactions: 2
I know Denny was really annoying but that’s what made him great, I’m gutted I could always see him playing a bad boy as he grew up on the square.

wonder if shazza and Phil will reunite in grief

Reactions: 5
Bloody Denny could have killed off Shirley or Whitney. They deffo wouldn't kill off Ian or Phil. TBH I don't normally watch it so I had no idea who ben, peter and bobby was because they are different actors. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
I know Denny was really annoying but that’s what made him great, I’m gutted I could always see him playing a bad boy as he grew up on the square.

wonder if shazza and Phil will reunite in grief
I thought the same, yeah he was a little twit but I thought they were gonna make him the Mitchell/Watts bad boy as he grew up so i’m shocked they killed him off
i wouldn’t be surprised if they did get back together, also wouldn’t be surprised if the baby did turn out to be Phil’s, you know what it’s like in soap land 😂

Reactions: 2
They have made a huge mistake killing Denny. I hated him, which is testament to the actor. He had such rich history: son of Sharon and Dennis, grandson of Den and Gavin and raised by Phil. They have really messed up there.

They wanted shock factor, Ian was the way to go. Adam Woodyatt is a phenomenal actor but his character is done. Same with Max. There’s no avenues for these characters because they’ve exhausted every single one. Of course, Ian would never be killed off but logically, it would’ve been huge.

Reactions: 6
They wanted shock factor, Ian was the way to go. Adam Woodyatt is a phenomenal actor but his character is done. Same with Max. There’s no avenues for these characters because they’ve exhausted every single one. Of course, Ian would never be killed off but logically, it would’ve been huge.
Even Phil, there isn’t really anything left for his character.

So many of the legacy characters, they have told all their stories, and are kept around because they are part of the furniture. I think killing Ian off would’ve been the best thing they could’ve done.

Reactions: 4
So now begins Sharon's blame game...
It's Phil's, Keanu's, Ben's, Ian's fault.
EVERYTHING originated from Sharon sleeping with Keanu.
Everyone else is collateral damage.

Reactions: 8
So now begins Sharon's blame game...
It's Phil's, Keanu's, Ben's, Ian's fault.
EVERYTHING originated from Sharon sleeping with Keanu.
Everyone else is collateral damage.
Not to mention that precious Denny was a spoilt, horrible child who Sharon is wholly responsible for creating.

Reactions: 3
Was anyone else howling at the speedy zoom out to the credits? No sad credit music for denny either?

Sorry, but the weird attempt to convey Ben's hearing loss drove me to turn my volume off.😂

Can't believe how much they hyped all last week and all the episodes were rubbish! Agree someone 'bigger' should of been killed off

Reactions: 7
Sorry, but the weird attempt to convey Ben's hearing loss drove me to turn my volume off.😂
It would good in the sense we could understand what people with hearing loss go through. But at the duff duff I was like 'what?' cos I didnt understand what Stuart said 😂 (I still dont know!)

• Haha
Daniel is the best short term character ever imo.
Has me in convulsions, really going to miss him. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have only been watching EastEnders for a year or so, can anybody tell me, how is whitney related to the slaters? and how come tiffany was living with them at one point? thank you.

I have only been watching EastEnders for a year or so, can anybody tell me, how is whitney related to the slaters? and how come tiffany was living with them at one point? thank you.
Whitney isn't directly related, Stacey has a daughter, Lily, with Whitney's half brother (they share a mum) Ryan. That's the only connection I can think of. Tiffany and Whitney are step sisters. Kate and Biance are good friends. Phew soap land is chaotic 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.