Eastenders #8 Ravi rides in and Ben's in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband (who's not an EE fan) came in tonight and watched a bit of the show. He said "have they recast Alfie Moon, he looks so different?" 😄 so even he noticed all the plastic surgery 😄

Then he groaned about 3 phony Cockernee geezers dominating the show tonight. He's got a point. I might have to stop watching if it turns into the Alfie show 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh great she’s pregnant. I do believe Kat and Alfie will get back together though.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
Thought Janines one liners and expressions were great tonight 😂

Reactions: 4
Poor nursing at the hospital. Even when Janine gave her the say so to say what she had to say there and then, a nurse would be adamant to say something so personal in private.

Why did Alfie have to give everyone their money back from the boat raffle? Just do the raffle in your own time away from the market so Honey can't stop it.

Without prior warning Esme gets taken out of school when the new term has only just started, to move approx 500 miles away.

On top of this her parents can afford to pay for Frankie to join them when Esme was only in a public school.

Does the new school of Esme not have teachers who can help her?

She's only been teaching Esme for two minutes and her parents will have hardly seen her because you don't see your kids teachers much, but you're wanting to pay for this pretty much stranger to move with you to look after your teenager?

When Rocky said go for a Ruby we had Dotty look at him when she said the same like it was the second coming of Christ or something. It's perfectly reasonable that two people would agree on the best thing of a topic.

Reactions: 9
Poor nursing at the hospital. Even when Janine gave her the say so to say what she had to say there and then, a nurse would be adamant to say something so personal in private.

Why did Alfie have to give everyone their money back from the boat raffle? Just do the raffle in your own time away from the market so Honey can't stop it.

Without prior warning Esme gets taken out of school when the new term has only just started, to move approx 500 miles away.

On top of this her parents can afford to pay for Frankie to join them when Esme was only in a public school.

Does the new school of Esme not have teachers who can help her?

She's only been teaching Esme for two minutes and her parents will have hardly seen her because you don't see your kids teachers much, but you're wanting to pay for this pretty much stranger to move with you to look after your teenager?

When Rocky said go for a Ruby we had Dotty look at him when she said the same like it was the second coming of Christ or something. It's perfectly reasonable that two people would agree on the best thing of a topic.
She's not even a teacher, she's a teaching assistant. Apparently they don't have those in Scotland 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
This is EE all over, introduce a character with great fanfare, like Rose/Frankie, make no use of the character or gently ease them into bigger storylines, make them virtually interchangeable from the regular extras and background characters.

Then just before they leave give them a massive storyline that no one cares about because it’s happening to a character that has essentially been in the background for the last 2 years. Then send them off somewhere for an implausible reason, think of a reason that would be the least believable and then get rid. That massive storyline you just spent 2 weeks worth of episodes - ah never mind. Who needs a conclusion anyway .

Rinse and Repeat.

I think Rose is ok, but she isn’t a strong actress and they only started using her properly since her popularity soared after Strictly.

I think Rose is ok, but she isn’t a strong actress and they only started using her properly since her popularity soared after Strictly.
Not even then really, it’s only really in the last couple of months they remembered she existed and gave her some more storylines to work with

Also that photo of Frankie with Janine throwing out the rubbish in the background, is this going to be resolved with Frankie this week before she goes as that has been put on the back burner? I know the photo was put up on the pinboard in the kitchen of the Vic but Frankie will be able to say when it was taken and if they don’t refer to it whilst she’s still there that’s another unresolved Janine storyline along with the money she stole off Nancy with the main protagonist no longer on the show

Reactions: 8
Not even then really, it’s only really in the last couple of months they remembered she existed and gave her some more storylines to work with

Also that photo of Frankie with Janine throwing out the rubbish in the background, is this going to be resolved with Frankie this week before she goes as that has been put on the back burner? I know the photo was put up on the pinboard in the kitchen of the Vic but Frankie will be able to say when it was taken and if they don’t refer to it whilst she’s still there that’s another unresolved Janine storyline along with the money she stole off Nancy with the main protagonist no longer on the show
True without knowing when that photo was taken it has no relevance.

Reactions: 6
So with the Janine thing, that’s gonna throw a spanner in the works! Are Linda and Mick the most fertile people in Walford?

• Haha
I just don't see how after all he's been through they haven't developed Alfies character at all! Surely he would have bought new clothes or secured a job or tired of the blagging. Eastenders seem to bring back old characters years later to be the exact same person when in reality most of us mature with age or change our style or develop different interests.

But Sharon & Zak are blood related whereas Dennis & Sharon were not
I think it is a subject that should be explored. It is a thorny subject but it is one that should be debated, two consenting adults who are related, falling in love. It would divide opinions but it would get people watching.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.