Eastenders #8 Ravi rides in and Ben's in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it is a subject that should be explored. It is a thorny subject but it is one that should be debated, two consenting adults who are related, falling in love. It would divide opinions but it would get people watching.
The national embarrassment that is Fair City (Irish soap) tackled this subject in a storyline years ago. It was a strange one.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
The national embarrassment that is Fair City (Irish soap) tackled this subject in a storyline years ago. It was a strange one.
I have not heard of that soap. Do you know what the public reaction was like? When Mark Fowler was diagnosed as HIV in the 1998s, EastEnders did a major storyline on the bigotry and tabboo of it. It changed perceptions of people with HIV.

Reactions: 1
I think it is a subject that should be explored. It is a thorny subject but it is one that should be debated, two consenting adults who are related, falling in love. It would divide opinions but it would get people watching.
didn’t hollyoaks do this too? with the siblings meeting later in life - or did i imagine it? i’m sure it was one of the ashworth brothers and a recently discovered sister.

brookside famously did it too iirc but i can’t remember what the public reaction was!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I remember the Brookside one and people were genuinely horrified 😂
It was a weird storyline though but one you wouldn’t forget.
Nat and Georgia 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Alfie’s had that shirt, leather and jeans combo since about 1991 wish he’d go grab himself some new clothes

• Haha
didn’t hollyoaks do this too? with the siblings meeting later in life - or did i imagine it? i’m sure it was one of the ashworth brothers and a recently discovered sister.

brookside famously did it too iirc but i can’t remember what the public reaction was!
Meeting up later in life it makes sense. I have heard a lot of stories about siblings or even parents and their adult children meeting later in life and being attracted to each other.

Nat and Georgia in Brookside was a lot weirder though as they were full siblings who grew up together. I seem to remember the public reaction was that people were pretty horrified and even angry about the storyline. There were definitely calls to cancel the soap but then that happened a lot with Brookie.

I think if they were going to have an incest story with Sharon & Zack they would have had one by now. Siblings who didn’t grow up together who meet later in life and fall in love tends to happen straight away or soon after meeting. Sharon & Zack have developed a lovely brotherly/sisterly relationship over the last 18 months or so. It would be even more sick if something developed now

Reactions: 12
I think if they were going to have an incest story with Sharon & Zack they would have had one by now. Siblings who didn’t grow up together who meet later in life and fall in love tends to happen straight away or soon after meeting. Sharon & Zack have developed a lovely brotherly/sisterly relationship over the last 18 months or so. It would be even more sick if something developed now
I used to think a Bernie and Keanu relationship could have been a storyline but then they made Bernie a lesbian, so I guess not. 🤣

• Haha
Do we think Adam Woodyat will come back for Dots funeral? It would be very strange if he didn’t.

They mentioned dot yesterdays episode (call your gran) Sonia said, so as far as soap is aware Dot is alive apparently

• Heart

Yes Hollyoaks did with Dodger and Sienna they were twins who had a child, they then met later on in life. Can’t remember how the public reacted.

Reactions: 4
I have not heard of that soap. Do you know what the public reaction was like? When Mark Fowler was diagnosed as HIV in the 1998s, EastEnders did a major storyline on the bigotry and tabboo of it. It changed perceptions of people with HIV.
Can't remember the public reaction tbh. I'm sure the brother was dying and his half sister was nursing him - can't remember when the falling in love bit happened but your man died and she had a bit of a breakdown. She was a secret child given up for adoption so they would have met as adults.

Reactions: 1
I actually think Amy Mitchell casting is spot on for Rita Simons and becuese Roxy isn’t in show we can’t see Ellie dadd looks so similar to Roxy!! I noticed this picture Rita and instantly noticed she looks like Ellie
It actually looks like her actual daughter who is stood behind her in the picture. Strange name though, Dadd!

Reactions: 7
Crikey - I think had they not developed the sibling relationship between Shazaa and Jazza then it could have worked because I’m sure I read that there is thing where adults who are closely related but didn’t grown up together or knowing each other can develop a sexual attraction to each other.

But it would be sensationalist and a bit grubby.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.