Eastenders #7 Jubileastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't made up my mind about them yet. Felix being snooty was quite funny but they need to be careful not to overuse him or people will tire of him quickly.

I've watched all the episodes this week and tonight's episode is really good. I think there's been a definite improvement in EE lately (despite pathetic Ben hogging the screen).
I don't like all the fawning the other characters do around Felix. Like they've never met a flamboyant gay man before, nor drag queen. It's a bit pathetic. East London is well diverse, it really wouldn't batter an eyelid irl.

Reactions: 18
I don't like all the fawning the other characters do around Felix. Like they've never met a flamboyant gay man before, nor drag queen. It's a bit pathetic. East London is well diverse, it really wouldn't batter an eyelid irl.
Yes I know what you mean, that's certainly true.
The fawning is annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Also like it’s a brand new thing? Sharon’s mum used to have drag nights in the Vic 30 years ago!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Also like it’s a brand new thing? Sharon’s mum used to have drag nights in the Vic 30 years ago!
True there have been a few drag nights over the years in The Vic etc but they have never had a drag artist as a regular character before

Reactions: 3
I’m definitely in the minority because I love Ben so much 🥺🫣😍

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I haven't made up my mind about them yet. Felix being snooty was quite funny but they need to be careful not to overuse him or people will tire of him quickly.

I've watched all the episodes this week and tonight's episode is really good. I think there's been a definite improvement in EE lately (despite pathetic Ben hogging the screen).
I'm already tired of him 😅 Neither of them seem like real people. Felix is a cliche and Finlay is a wet blanket. Neither of them were acting like they had just lost their dad.

Reactions: 9
So weird! I was thinking about Freddie Slater recently, son of that rapist. Does this mean a little Mo return?

Reactions: 6
Frankie taking the piss out of Honey in front of Jay saying she's got a zimmer frame for not joining him for drinks. Honey said earlier this week she gets up 4 am for work so I would say she's got it tougher than Little Miss Nepotism with her decent lie in.

Ben chucked his cig on the floor. Should have been a automatic fine.

Jay singing to Honey never gonna let you down. Bit late fella the milk is spilt and you've woke her up.

Felix looking Whitney up and down in her dress before saying he didn't know it was dress down day. Line of the year in Eastenders.

Eastenders has been more woke than ever this week with characters for ticking boxes. Drag, gays, lesbians, deafs etc.

Reactions: 10

Another person getting a TV job because of who their parents are. People go through drama school, university etc to get qualifications like degrees and never get a break and then someone like him gets a chance because his mum and dad are well known.

On the plus side Billy Mitchell might actually be very busy with decent storylines now because he will be there for Lola when she's diagnosed with brain cancer and dies and now he's got the child of his ex wife coming back.

I love that they're bringing in another Slater!

Also loved Phil telling Ben about himself 😆 I could slap Kathy- he was a selfish bastard even before he was raped, Kathy!

Honey and Jay have got to split soon surely? They really are like mother and son 😅🤢

This is a bit random, but has anyone noticed they're showing more people smoking recently? What with Ben suddenly taking up smoking and them showing Karen smoking more than usual and referencing ber 'smoking chair.' There might be others I've forgotten as well. It just feels very deliberate when you hardly see anyone smoking on TV anymore. I feel like the writers/producers are trying to make some sort of PC statement by making smoking in soaps acceptable again. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it 😂

Reactions: 9

Also loved Phil telling Ben about himself 😆 I could slap Kathy- he was a selfish bastard even before he was raped, Kathy!

Honey and Jay have got to split soon surely? They really are like mother and son 😅🤢

This is a bit random, but has anyone noticed they're showing more people smoking recently? What with Ben suddenly taking up smoking and them showing Karen smoking more than usual and referencing ber 'smoking chair.' There might be others I've forgotten as well. It just feels very deliberate when you hardly see anyone smoking on TV anymore. I feel like the writers/producers are trying to make some sort of PC statement by making smoking in soaps acceptable again. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it 😂
I don't think smoking is PC but it is realistic that some characters would smoke. I bet half the cast smoke in real life.

Reactions: 8

I noticed that too and wondered whether Lola would reference not having been a smoker whenever she is diagnosed with cancer.

Reactions: 3
I don't think smoking is PC but it is realistic that some characters would smoke. I bet half the cast smoke in real life.
I bet our Barbara doesn't :p Was looking at her insta story the other day of her enjoying her birthday. The only cast members I saw she had shared a happy birthday post from were Dotty and Bernie unless I missed others.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
I’m quite looking forward to Bobby Brazier as a Slater. Have any of you heard him talk? Go check out one of his videos on his insta, close your eyes and it’s like it’s his mum talking. He seems a lovely young lad anyway, wish him all the luck for EE.

Reactions: 14
The Slaters have always been one of my fave families on the Square so it'll be nice getting another addition so looking forward to whatever the storyline may be.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.