Eastenders #7 Jubileastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It will nice to get a new adult male Slater for a change. Apart from the kids (and Sean) the Slater’s tend to be female heavy

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Completely forgot that the Slaters had a trans cousin. Back when they lived in Karen’s place with about 50 other people.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m definitely in the minority because I love Ben so much 🥺🫣😍
Generally speaking I do like Ben as a character because he's even more despicable than Phil 😃 (who does have some loose morals and draws the line at trafficking).

This rape story seems rather overwrought to me. I guess it might be true that it's harder for a man to admit to being raped than a woman. A woman is generally believed because men are physically stronger. Ben doesn't think that the police will believe him and doesn't want the 'stigma' attached to him.

He's not helping himself though because he should be seeking counselling. My main problem with Ben at the moment is the fact that he didn't tell Callum what happened and he keeps attacking random strangers.

Completely forgot that the Slaters had a trans cousin. Back when they lived in Karen’s place with about 50 other people.
He was dreadful, just a prop for a coming out as trans story then they didn't know what to do with him afterwards.

Reactions: 1
EE writers have completely destroyed Kat Slaters character. She was always loud and brash but now they’ve made her into a middle aged fishwife. Gone is the subtle vulnerability, the nuance, the shades of light to counteract the dark.

Remember Carol? bianca’s mum? Now that was a strong arse single mum character. We need more Carol’s and less Kat Slater being a messy middle aged teen, getting jealous over Phil.

They should have left her and Alfie alone, but there was a period in EE history where they focussed every major storyline on the Slaters (one way or another) it ruined them. They’ve done the same with Mick and Linda too.

Re:Ben. It just feels like a tickbox exercise, he is the only main gay character so not only do we have him dealing with PTSD but now let’s add male rape after a consensual arranged hookup gone wrong storyline.

Reactions: 12
I feel like they’ve bought Freddie back at an awkward time, there’s literally no teen group on EE currently. With Dana and Jada known to be leaving, there’s only really Dotty (aged 21), rarely seen Bernie (aged 19), Bobby (aged 18/19) and Vinny (not sure how old but I think at least 21) and I can’t see Freddie pursuing/befriending many of them

Reactions: 4
Agree that EE shouldn’t have broken up Kat and Alfie or Mick and Linda. Yes in real life divorces happen, but not every couple ends up cheating or divorced! There are plenty of storylines you can do for married couples that aren’t just around them breaking up, or someone coming between them. It’s so unimaginative.

We definitely need some young characters. It’s weird that the people in their teens/early 20s only ever date people who literally live on their street. They never go off to uni unless they’re being written out, never do the whole casual dating thing. I feel like the writers have never met a young person.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Agree that EE shouldn’t have broken up Kat and Alfie or Mick and Linda. Yes in real life divorces happen, but not every couple ends up cheating or divorced! There are plenty of storylines you can do for married couples that aren’t just around them breaking up, or someone coming between them. It’s so unimaginative.

We definitely need some young characters. It’s weird that the people in their teens/early 20s only ever date people who literally live on their street. They never go off to uni unless they’re being written out, never do the whole casual dating thing. I feel like the writers have never met a young person.
The whole point of Mick and Linda whe they arrived was they were a couple they weren't going to have cheating and separating etc. Obviously different EP, different ideas. But let some people be married.
And stop killing off all the young ones, otherwise where is the next generation of legacy families coming from.

Reactions: 12
I’m quite looking forward to Bobby Brazier as a Slater. Have any of you heard him talk? Go check out one of his videos on his insta, close your eyes and it’s like it’s his mum talking. He seems a lovely young lad anyway, wish him all the luck for EE.
it’s the first time i’ve seen a photo of him in years and i’m too old to have an opinion on this but he’s a very striking looking boy. i wish him all the luck too.

but also the fact he’s playing freddie makes me feel so OLD. love getting to the age when you remember the character’s entire birth storyline 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How is it believable that a pale white Scottish man and pale little Mo had a mixed race child who is now Freddie

It is a shame that he has been cast just for being Jade Goody’s son as I don’t think he has been to acting school

Reactions: 4
How is it believable that a pale white Scottish man and pale little Mo had a mixed race child who is now Freddie

It is a shame that he has been cast just for being Jade Goody’s son as I don’t think he has been to acting school
Little Mo was raped by a guy called Graham. He’s Freddie’s father. He wasn’t Scottish and not particularly pale unless you thought Trevor was the father. He had long gone by then. She was with Billy by this point

7A0644E0-CC8D-4C2B-9378-B74805683A7C.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Little Mo was raped by a guy called Graham. He’s Freddie’s father. He wasn’t Scottish and not particularly pale unless you thought Trevor was the father. He had long gone by then. She was with Billy by this point

View attachment 1438324
I did think it was Trevor oops

I will give him a chance but it is annoying he got in the show with no acting credentials

Reactions: 3
Felix is such a tedious character. His clapbacks aren’t even funny or clever. I’m already bored of him.

If we’re posting t-shirts that we need…

2FC0AB04-4566-49AE-8FE8-FD25108A99C8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

This girl claiming that Jac Jossa’s (Lauren Branning ) god mother is Samantha Womack (Ronnie Mitchell) or Rita Simons (Roxy Mitchell) and that she was in the bottom two for the role of Lauren Branning but Jac Jossa doesn’t remember her… so strange😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

This girl claiming that Jac Jossa’s (Lauren Branning ) god mother is Samantha Womack (Ronnie Mitchell) or Rita Simons (Roxy Mitchell) and that she was in the bottom two for the role of Lauren Branning but Jac Jossa doesn’t remember her… so strange😂
She's full of literal tit so don't waste your time watching her videos. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.