Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Kellie Bright is staying in EE after Danny Dyer leaves, so there's no chance of L being killed off at the moment.

We need a new family or 2 in the square. Have to admit to some scepticism regarding Mitch's estranged brother moving to the square 🙄 but I'll reserve judgement until they've settled in.

I'm more interested in seeing Nish Panesar

• Wow
Reactions: 12

HeyYo123

Chatty Member
Do soaps need to have family problems every time a new member arrives? Could it just not be he’s been away working or something

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Congratulations Eastenders. I have hated the entire run of the latest Peter Beale actor, but on leaving you've actually made me feel sorry for the character.

His family is a total mess. He can't even trust his gran. He doesn't have one family member he can trust. He can suck one of Dana's tits and ruin her and that's it :D

Bored stiff of Ben not telling people what happened to him.
I've just caught up and totally agree.
Peter's leaving speech was his best work.
What a crock of shit for a family !

I hope he returns in the future (recast) to wreak his revenge on them all.

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Michael Moon was an interesting character though. He and Janine were toxic together
michael moon was, imo, one of the best recent characters they’ve had. the actor was fantastic even though his line readings sometimes (as evidenced in these threads 🤣) were ridiculous.

which of kat’s children is he the father of? i always forget - is it tommy?

lozza96

VIP Member
Also they have announced that Ben and callus are also leaving at the end of the year but only one of them alive

• Wow
  • Haha

Spilttea

VIP Member
EE writers have completely destroyed Kat Slaters character. She was always loud and brash but now they’ve made her into a middle aged fishwife. Gone is the subtle vulnerability, the nuance, the shades of light to counteract the dark.

Remember Carol? bianca’s mum? Now that was a strong arse single mum character. We need more Carol’s and less Kat Slater being a messy middle aged teen, getting jealous over Phil.

They should have left her and Alfie alone, but there was a period in EE history where they focussed every major storyline on the Slaters (one way or another) it ruined them. They’ve done the same with Mick and Linda too.

Re:Ben. It just feels like a tickbox exercise, he is the only main gay character so not only do we have him dealing with PTSD but now let’s add male rape after a consensual arranged hookup gone wrong storyline.

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
Why was Nancy so upset because Linda was leaving, she'd have only gone back to her mum's, where Nancy only bothered to visit her once, even though she knew Linda was drinking again and Mick had left her? Nancy wasn't like that before she went to New Zealand, she wasn't always a whingy soft arse, was she?

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Congratulations Eastenders. I have hated the entire run of the latest Peter Beale actor, but on leaving you've actually made me feel sorry for the character.

His family is a total mess. He can't even trust his gran. He doesn't have one family member he can trust. He can suck one of Dana's tits and ruin her and that's it :D

Bored stiff of Ben not telling people what happened to him.
Why has the character of Peter been sacrificed for woman trafficking Ben? I fucking hate him- he has not one likeable feature and I wish he’d died instead of Denny.

• Haha
  • Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member

Stuart has prostrate cancer? No he doesn't it's breast cancer.
Yes poorly researched and written as usual.

Why do they always quote fans being 'outraged" or talking about characters like its real life?

I find it hilarious when people apply morality to soap characters. I couldn't give a crap how ridiculous or evil characters behave. In fact I prefer all the bad'uns 😃 and I've been watching the show on and off since it started.

I was one of the few who liked the baby swap storyline 😀 when everyone was 'outraged'

• Haha

Ells321

Chatty Member
Janine is an excellent villain as I find myself really disliking her 🤣 I just hate the way they have to d r a g storylines on and on and on 🙄 Come on, where are the police?
What the police force that consists of Half twit and Jack. I haven’t got much faith in the police of Walford to solve the mystery of the car crash 🤣

• Haha

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
I miss when Karen was an absolute scally with feral kids and not this wholesome mum. Bring back the asbo Taylor’s
She always had a kind side, but yeah they’ve changed the character a lot. Same with Mitch. Suddenly they’re both parents of the year despite him abandoning the family over and over. I hate that all the EE villains have to be redeemed.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
When Dana started dating Bobby I really, really hoped she was some sort of secret psychopath. It was the weird staring into space and intense personality. I kept expecting her to snap and stab him or something. That would have been a much better storyline.
i would have been so down with that.

the way this show has completely smothered bobby’s psychotic nature really bugs me. it would have been an interesting storyline to see him end up with someone just as unhinged and how weird that dynamic could have been.

Hope96

VIP Member
The writers think we're all thick. 🤣 I've given up waiting for storylines to make sense!

• Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Ben could have been a great legacy character. Like a modern day Kray brother.

Instead we have a multiple headed silly sod.