Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hope96

VIP Member
Apart from Shirley no one gave a fuck that Ben murdered Heather and left a young child motherless. He basically got all the sympathy, as per fucking usual.
I loathe Ben.
This! Heather and Shirley were so good to him when he was a little boy. Phil is being a right dick to him in the 2010 eps!

Reactions: 13

dee_mc

VIP Member
I'm glad they're bringing in new characters but I hate it when theyre hangers on with some tenuous connection to an existing character. Who cares about Mitch's estranged brother and nephews? And what what coincidence they've just happened to move to Walford 🙄
I wish they'd bring in a whole fresh family.
I don't understand why they always have to be estranged.
Why couldn't they have Mitch mention in passing a few months ago that his brother who lives in South Africa/USA/North Wales is finally moving back to the UK, then have him mention meeting up, then have Mitch suggest to his family that they might like to move to the rape, murder and onion bap capital of England?
It's always the same old shit where they're dead nuts down on each other for five minutes, then suddenly they're besties. Boring.

• Haha

Lalala12

For me they also ruined Kat and Alfie with that terrible ‘Redwater’ spin off. I never really understood what happened at the end with the cliffhanger and when they both came back to the main show the events were barely mentioned! I thought that whole long lost twin storyline was really poor in general.

• Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
That annoyed me :D
When Rainie got the picnic bits out, you could see some of those bits were Tesco packets, not Suki's shop stuff. (Tesco is close to set). That annoyed me. Plus, they went for a picnic...... all of twenty feet from their front door, in a shitty square.

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Why has the character of Peter been sacrificed for woman trafficking Ben? I fucking hate him- he has not one likeable feature and I wish he’d died instead of Denny.
he absolutely should have done. i’m still angry that they focused so much on ben in the aftermath of that and not enough on sharon.

this version of ben’s only decent storyline has been the initial stages of his relationship with callum imo. i hate them now but the first coming out and early relationship scenes were all excellent - the actors have great chemistry, shame it’s been wrecked now! as others have said, there is nowhere for ben to go and they keep him in the same loop, doing the same scenes, all the time.

felt quite sorry for peter in the end, and for the actor. what did he even get to do during this stint on ee? nothing of any value.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Vincent was great, and worked so well with Kim (and was bloody fit!). He’s all over the place character wise in hollyoaks.
I remember an episode him and Mick running in the park. Vincent wearing very tight lycra or whatever, and let me tell you. If I had a 3D TV Vincent would've poked my eye out.

• Haha
  • Wow

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
The Ben dies show.
I don’t even want it to be a painful death as that would allow him too much airtime. Just hit by a car off screen will do.

• Haha

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
This is the same story as when the latest Ben came back, he wanted to finish his dad because he always felt like Phil overlooked him, it was boring then and this is even worse because Sam's been away for over 10 years.
Ben has always wallowed in self pity. It's never ending with him. He had reasons to be upset when he was younger when his sexuality wasn't embraced but Phil eventually got over that and supported him.

Sam on the other hand has been living an independent life in Spain or Portugal for years and is far less affected by Phil’s behaviour than Ben as he wasn't her alcoholic abusive parent.
She was always looked after by her brothers.

Why Sam should be trying to outmanoeuve Phil now for no apparent reason makes no sense at all.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
It could be exciting when Nish Panesar appears. Hope they get a good actor.
i’m really looking forward to this too - there’s been such a build-up to him that i hope he’s good!

stacey being in and out of hospital in a day for SEPSIS is maybe one of the more ridiculous things this show has done in a while 🤣

it was nice to see a tiny glimpse of the old janine too. makes you really see how much she’s been wasted since she came back, unless this really is just a long game she’s playing.

I think it’s because Dana looks like a Manson girl with that hair 🫢

liked the Mitch and Phil scene. Peters leaving speech was probably the best scene he’s done is how ever long he’s been in it 🤣

• Haha

Maccat123

VIP Member
Awww. Ouch. Lola has been criminally underused, so I feel bad for the actress. Even though she’s always in the background, she’s been a ‘constant’ throughout the years. I loved the old ‘teens’ group with her, Peter, Lauren etc a few years ago. And I much prefer her to Jay, Billy, Whitney and Honey. I miss the old Mitchell family vibes- with Ronnie and Roxy. Poor Lexi will now be in between useless Billy, vacant staring Ben and huffing and puffing Callum….
I agree, this is so stupid why did they have to totally decimate that old teen group. There is such a gap of young characters!

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Is it confirmed that Zoe will make an appearance at the wedding? I'd be surprised if she does.

Why are we having a flashback episode with Peggy? That's a strange idea too although EE have done that before (with Pat, Peggy and Mo).

Ben and his enabler 'dead mom' Kathy are really pissing me off this week.

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but does anyone watch McDonald and Dodds?

The guy who played kid Ben Mitchell, with the glasses and ballet, is in it and it’s so weird to see!
I had some old EE on the other day and Ben Mitchell was dressing as Lady Gaga and dancing around. Quite a contrast when you skip to the present day.

• Haha