Eastenders #27 Ben has been slapped down for good

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you can provide an evidence that you have tried to locate a missing spouse with no success, you can divorce (I’m sure there is a specific time frame they have to be missing for). There were two sisters at my school who’s Dad walked out when their mum was pregnant with their other sister & never returned - she remarried.

Unrelated, George’s Dad gives me the creeps. Definitely a nasty side to him.

Reactions: 19
If you can provide an evidence that you have tried to locate a missing spouse with no success, you can divorce (I’m sure there is a specific time frame they have to be missing for). There were two sisters at my school who’s Dad walked out when their mum was pregnant with their other sister & never returned - she remarried.

Unrelated, George’s Dad gives me the creeps. Definitely a nasty side to him.
Same
He’s very creepy!

Reactions: 3
If Cindy was in prison for conspiracy to murder, and then allegedly died in child birth…but actually went into witness protection… how was that allowed? Or am I not remembering it right?

How long does a person have to be missing before you can remarry?
Why does no one who fakes their death in EE get sent to prison?
It’s 7 years before a missing person can legally be declared dead, as in the case of
Linda you can apply to the Court to release monies from the estate .. so guessing you could approach the Court regarding getting a divorce.
Six more years for Danny Dyer to not get any decent work and coming knocking at EE’s door 😳
---
If Cindy was in prison for conspiracy to murder, and then allegedly died in child birth…but actually went into witness protection… how was that allowed? Or am I not remembering it right?
You are remembering it right. .. I expect a deal was struck that if Cindy named names her sentence for conspiracy would be voided.

Reactions: 5
For the first time, I’m feeling some sympathy for Elaine. You can see the pain and confusion written on her face, while George and Cindy pretend that they’re not doing anything wrong by confiding in each other. Plus Elaine had George and the girls to herself for a year, then suddenly the long lost ex turns up and unsettles everything.

Reactions: 18
George’s storyline is absolutely heartbreaking. Imagine living 50 years of your life thinking you have some understanding of who you are to find out you haven’t got a clue about your background. Not only that the people who chose to bring you up as their own child. One of them is deeply racist and treated you less than leaving you with childhood trauma. The whole thing is soul destroying.
I know this storyline is going to be a hard watch for me as a mixed race woman of Jamaican descent from Toxteth, but it’s a storyline I need to learn about and it’s a part of black British history at that time.
It’s strange isn’t it, like growing up black we learn about all the uk history Kings and Queens etc but stuff like this is learned as an adult.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So, will the 6 successfully remove Keanu from the caff floorboards as the builders are sniffing around next week? Or will they let him be found? Unlikely, as their DNA are all over the poor bugger. Interesting to see if they'll lift a bloke of at least 6ft 1 & possibly weighing in at about 12/13 stone possibly more, successfully without being seen. Will they wear their heels? I'm still pissed about Keanu. 😥

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s strange isn’t it, like growing up black we learn about all the uk history Kings and Queens etc but stuff like this is learned as an adult.
Yeah it's crazy, at my kids school they are now actually learning about black history and racism....way more than I ever did at school.
The only time it came up in my school was briefly about slavery and I just got stared at.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I think I learned a bit about black history at school but there’s a a few of my fave kids shows I used to watch that had black history month episodes and they taught me so much

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Did anyone else get the impression that Elaine downplayed the racist remarks directed at Gina? 🤨 Cindy rightfully wanted to nip it in the bud.

Penny's annoying. The end.

Reactions: 11
Yeah it's crazy, at my kids school they are now actually learning about black history and racism....way more than I ever did at school.
The only time it came up in my school was briefly about slavery and I just got stared at.
I think the being stared at whenever slavery is mentioned was a universal experience cos I did too. My daughters just in year 7 and they did a culture day, and loads during black history month. It’s nice to see things are changing!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Did anyone else get the impression that Elaine downplayed the racist remarks directed at Gina? 🤨 Cindy rightfully wanted to nip it in the bud.

Penny's annoying. The end.
Yes but Elaine is desperate to be liked by George's parents and for them to think she's better than Cindy. Her motivation for everything is always based on getting approval. If George had agreed with Cindy she would have backed him up.

Reactions: 5
I haven't watched today's ep, some people have been saying George's dad probably did something to Cindy but she might have just picked up on the difference in his treatment towards Gina and Anna so is rightfully being the protective mother.

Reactions: 10
I haven't watched today's ep, some people have been saying George's dad probably did something to Cindy but she might have just picked up on the difference in his treatment towards Gina and Anna so is rightfully being the protective mother.
That’s how I’m taking it. I think she knows he’s a racist.

Reactions: 11
The shitney storyline is really annoying me she was desperate for a baby but now wanting to give that chance up and have a termination for a baby she’s wanted for for so long, it doesn’t make sense. Also penny is really riling me she needs to get in the bin asap
---
Aww poor George wee mum

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
The shitney storyline is really annoying me she was desperate for a baby but now wanting to give that chance up and have a termination for a baby she’s wanted for for so long, it doesn’t make sense. Also penny is really riling me she needs to get in the bin asap
---
Aww poor George wee mum
She is sweet, and the story George said about his favourite dinner lady was so sad and poignant.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.