Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AdApathy

VIP Member
I was really moved by George's acting today. My amazing friend's little son is adopted. She prayed, waited and he came home to her. I don't know all the ins and outs, but she isn't British so she has arranged for her son to have dual nationality, British and her home country. She wants him to have abundance, passports, extended family, bilingual. Again unsure the ins and outs but one birth parent has since died, and she's devastated as she is aware when her son is older he might never get any questions he has answered.

I think seeing an adoption story line like this is really powerful.
He gave me goosebumps in the café scene. I think it's great when they give these storylines to older characters, like with Patrick and the Notting Hill riots. People like to think that racism is eithet a modern problem that is just people being too sensitive, or that it's an old issue that doesn't exist anymore and people are just too sensitive, so I will always welcome storylines that show the systemic oppression people of colour have faced over and over again throughout history.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Sprezza

VIP Member
Urgh it’s Friday. No eastenders. What a way to start the weekend 😭
I'd rather it wasn't on on a Wednesday. That's how it always was. It feels so weird for it not to be on on a Friday. It's exactly what you want to watch at the end of a busy week!

• Heart

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
I can't figure out if they're trying to make Sonia likeable or not. I assume they're going to wake Stunning Debbie up and paint her as some villainous witch trying to break up Reiss and Sonia.
Would be funny though if Debbie woke up and she was a right cow. Like a new Janine level villain. Reiss always paints her as an angel.

• Haha

Laika1234

VIP Member
While I understand Whitney’s terror in not feeling she can carry a baby to term after what happened with Peach - how is abortion a solution?

This is Shitney - she’ll be moaning and doing the cry face over how guilty she feels until the end of time.

• Haha

hol20x

VIP Member
Guys I keep having dreams about being a part of The Six. ln last night's dream I was scrubbing the floor with bleach after helping Kathy wrap Keanu up like a burrito. 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow

Luce0331

VIP Member
Wish they would kill Whitney off so she doesn’t have the option to return when Shona inevitably can’t find another job

Also is it just me who doesn’t care enough about the Knights to be invested in this storyline?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23

hol20x

VIP Member
Is Elaine not wondering where her meat knife is? Surely she's needed it since Christmas for cooking meat for the pub menu? 🤣

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
Whitney storyline-not interested
Lauren and Penny storyline-not interested
Sonia and her fella- not interested

The George story is just about saving the show at the minute cause there is feck all else to keep watching for.

• Heart
Oh Sonia piss off you interfering hag! Stunning Debbie ought to wake up and humble the fuck out of her already.
I don’t think the addition of a random baby sister is going to make Lauren want to stay in the exact place her sister tragically died but.. that’s EE for ya.

• Haha

Sibz

VIP Member
If you feel like you've seen George's dad in something before but cant place where, Christopher Fairbank has been in Guardians of the Galaxy, The Little Mermaid, Pirates of the Carribbean, Batman, The Fifth Element, and lots of british TV series, wow 😲 very accomplished actor https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0265457/

• Wow
  • Heart

Furrytriangle

VIP Member
Anyone else think this will be a way to send Kat into Alfie's arms?

Nish isn't going to be her long term love, he's using her for something and will discard her when the time comes.

I can't believe they've broken up Phil and Kat tbh. Proper good couple
I think they’ve only done it so that Phil and Sharon can get back together. God it feels like a life time ago that Phil was with Shirley. God I miss that harsh faced madam.

• Heart

gigilouxx

VIP Member
I’m so glad they’ve included telling George he was Jamaican not African. Even when I was growing up there seemed this weird stigma around being African, like you were more accepted if you were Jamaican, or anywhere else in the Caribbean. That’s not even long ago either, up to about 2012

• Sad
  • Heart

AdApathy

VIP Member
not gonna lie I was getting a bit bored of today's episode until Denise fell on Keanu 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

AdsB

VIP Member
read that Aunt Sal leaves £100,000 to Phil, Sam and grant. Fuck the caravan! Phil refuses to give Sam her share and she let's the whole pub know about Phil and Emma.
that £100.000 will turn into 1 million overnight when it goes into the magic safe

• Haha
  • Heart