Eastenders #27 Ben has been slapped down for good

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to say George's dad is very well cast as he seems deeply unpleasant with only a handful of lines and he's not actually said anything terrible yet. The acor has certainly nailed it.
I would say he's a villain, there's a creeping evil aura about him, and he is totally heartless. The actor used to be in Auf Wiedersehen Pet yars ago. He played Moxy the Scouse arsonist..

Reactions: 18
After what Whitney says in tonight’s episode about wanting an abortion, I don’t think she’ll go through with it but I think she’ll let Zack think that she did have an abortion and then she’ll break up with him and leave the square having the baby and raising the baby by herself.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
The iplayer synopsis for yesterday made me laugh "Whitney struggles in light of recent events" when does Whitney not struggle with any events 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Many viewers want their favourite couples to reconcile. Kat and Alfie, Sharon and Phil, Stacey and Martin, Linda and Mick etc. But hardly anyone wants Cindy and George to get back together, because we never saw them together in the first place. This wonderful marriage, two daughters, a fun filled life in Marbella, all of it happened years ago offscreen. It is the relationship between Ian and Cindy that needs to be focussed on. So far, all we know is that she contacted him when she was at rock bottom and he saved her.
We don’t know what happened in the other years, or why it wasn’t George she contacted. As soon as they arrived back in the square, the focus has been on Cindy and the Knight family. What about the Beales?
I think the whole story line is a mess tbh.

Reactions: 19
After what Whitney says in tonight’s episode about wanting an abortion, I don’t think she’ll go through with it but I think she’ll let Zack think that she did have an abortion and then she’ll break up with him and leave the square having the baby and raising the baby by herself.
And then she’ll return in two years with the secret child he didn’t know about

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Many viewers want their favourite couples to reconcile. Kat and Alfie, Sharon and Phil, Stacey and Martin, Linda and Mick etc. But hardly anyone wants Cindy and George to get back together, because we never saw them together in the first place. This wonderful marriage, two daughters, a fun filled life in Marbella, all of it happened years ago offscreen. It is the relationship between Ian and Cindy that needs to be focussed on. So far, all we know is that she contacted him when she was at rock bottom and he saved her.
We don’t know what happened in the other years, or why it wasn’t George she contacted. As soon as they arrived back in the square, the focus has been on Cindy and the Knight family. What about the Beales?
I think the whole story line is a mess tbh.
I don't want Phil and Sharon or Kat and Alfie to get back together and I don't think they will. Those relationships should stay in the past.

Cindy and George are more believable to me.
Why did George turn to Cindy for help tonight? Because he has more connection with her than that daft bint Elaine and she knows him better.
Cindy has always used Ian as a fall back because she knows he loves her but she's never felt the same way about him.
---
Whitless was infuriating again tonight. She was desperate for a baby and has a second chance but she's acting like someone has slapped her in the face with a wet fish 🐟
In fact I wish someone would

Reactions: 17
I don't want Phil and Sharon or Kat and Alfie to get back together and I don't think they will. Those relationships should stay in the past.

Cindy and George are more believable to me.
Why did George turn to Cindy for help tonight? Because he has more connection with her than that daft bint Elaine and she knows him better.
Cindy has always used Ian as a fall back because she knows he loves her but she's never felt the same way about him.
---
Whitless was infuriating again tonight. She was desperate for a baby and has a second chance but she's acting like someone has slapped her in the face with a wet fish 🐟
In fact I wish someone would
a young Michael Palin could slap me with his fish any day

• Haha
Reactions: 5
All that build up and where the duck have the 6 gone?? This doesn’t make any sense and it’s so sporadic now I struggle to make sense it’s like there are so many story lines running nothing is consistent!

Reactions: 30
Out of all Ian’s relationships, I think him and Jane were the best suited. But that was ruined when Jane put Lucy’s body in the boot of her car and dumped her on the common.
There must be a bigger plan for bringing Cindy back from the dead, it can’t just be that she makes an idiot of Ian again :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Out of all Ian’s relationships, I think him and Jane were the best suited. But that was ruined when Jane put Lucy’s body in the boot of her car and dumped her on the common.
There must be a bigger plan for bringing Cindy back from the dead, it can’t just be that she makes an idiot of Ian again :rolleyes:
I would argue that it was ruined way before that by Ian being a bleeping awful husband 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Didn’t Jane shag Grant once as well? Or have I made that up?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
George was brilliant today, although half of his problems could be solved by doing an Ancestry DNA test

• Haha
Reactions: 27
George was brilliant today, although half of his problems could be solved by doing an Ancestry DNA test
Yes my husband did one of them a while back. His family came to Britain from Jamaica in the 1950s as part of the Windrush generation.
The test could tell that his mix meant he was of Caribbean origin but it showed that many of his ancestors came from Nigeria Senegal and Ghana.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yes my husband did one of them a while back. His family came to Britain from Jamaica in the 1950s as part of the Windrush generation.
The test could tell that his mix meant he was of Caribbean origin but it showed that many of his ancestors came from Nigeria Senegal and Ghana.
That's so interesting! I did one because I have no contact with my dad's side, but it turns out their side is boring as duck and is only white english 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m a bit late here but The Six storyline was ultimately a bit underwhelming for me, and I don’t know why five women couldn’t have pulled a man off the sixth without needing to stab him to death. Clenshaw obviously wanted rid of the Taylors, which I don’t totally disagree with, but this required sending off Karen and Mitch so we didn’t have the repeat of watching them grieve after Chantelle or worry where Keanu was, which Clenshaw obviously didn’t want to write, and for Keanu to be written a little worse than previously so that he could be “abusive” in the final analysis and run through with a big fork for a set piece episode at the end of the year that doesn’t really chime with what we saw before or after.

I can’t stand Bobby and I wish someone would stick a big fork in him. I’m glad Cindy is back to at least make comments about her dead daughter, but I hate how Peter and Bobby get along quite well. I don’t care that Bobby was a child at all, he should be estranged from his family for what he did. One of the more stupid decisions (not the most stupid of course) in recent EE history was killing Steven off instead of having him as a recurring thorn in the side of the Beales / the Square as a Nasty Nick character. I’d loved to have seen him come back and ruin Bobby’s life (yes I do hate Bobby and proud of it haha).

I can’t imagine for a second that the Whitney actress will get any kind of another job of meaning, kind of like Patsy Palmer, so she will be back Patsy Palmer style, when she needs the money. I couldn’t care less if Whitney has a baby with Zack or not quite frankly.

Ash not being around to witness Suki coming out is a missed opportunity and sheer laziness from the show. She should have been immediately recast when the Ash actress quit and we might be used to the new one by now. I don’t need to see Vinny’s views on anything ever again actually.

I don’t understand fans complaining Max Bowden’s firing is homophobic — clearly a very gay-friendly show compared to that era where they had no LGBT characters at all that was really jarring. The actor has obviously fallen out with the production and I’m sure Ben will be recast sooner or later.

Thank you for the opportunity to complain 🤣 On the bright side, the child farming story is a part of recent history I was not aware of and looks interesting and I back Colin Salmon to give us some good acting at least.

• Heart
I was really moved by George's acting today. My amazing friend's little son is adopted. She prayed, waited and he came home to her. I don't know all the ins and outs, but she isn't British so she has arranged for her son to have dual nationality, British and her home country. She wants him to have abundance, passports, extended family, bilingual. Again unsure the ins and outs but one birth parent has since died, and she's devastated as she is aware when her son is older he might never get any questions he has answered.

I think seeing an adoption story line like this is really powerful.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
George is a great character. I wonder how long Colin Salmon is staying for.

• Heart
I was really moved by George's acting today. My amazing friend's little son is adopted. She prayed, waited and he came home to her. I don't know all the ins and outs, but she isn't British so she has arranged for her son to have dual nationality, British and her home country. She wants him to have abundance, passports, extended family, bilingual. Again unsure the ins and outs but one birth parent has since died, and she's devastated as she is aware when her son is older he might never get any questions he has answered.

I think seeing an adoption story line like this is really powerful.
He gave me goosebumps in the café scene. I think it's great when they give these storylines to older characters, like with Patrick and the Notting Hill riots. People like to think that racism is eithet a modern problem that is just people being too sensitive, or that it's an old issue that doesn't exist anymore and people are just too sensitive, so I will always welcome storylines that show the systemic oppression people of colour have faced over and over again throughout history.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
George is a great character. I wonder how long Colin Salmon is staying for.
Yes I love George. Colin is a great actor when given some decent material. He's definitely one of the best actors in the show so I hope he stays for a while. Cindy is always better when she's in a scene with him too.

They should kill Eeeeelaine off.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.